Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always (46826 Views)

My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help / I Caught My Fiancé In Bed With His Niece. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Asojam: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
Sometimes am amazed as to how some women still choose to fall for this kind of men that lacks respect for them despite even their level of education. If u choose to wanna spend the rest of ur life with someone who sees u as a fool definitely you must be a fool indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Sparklee(m): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
You're very right Tobi

No matter how aggravated you are, there are some words you shouldn't utter to your partner. I mean how would you call someone you claim to love a "fool" or an "idiot" don't forget that some people are like that. The can vomit all sorts of trash, but inside they mean no harm.

It doesn't just make sense
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by ImaIma1(f): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I beg to disagree with the emboldened because I know of a man who still beats his wife of about 60 years (a grandmother for that matter oooo), so forget it.

I want you to know that a misogynist will always remain a misogynist and not even child bearing will change him. Misogynists dont retire, only government workers do cheesy

The insults will even multiply when he keeps taking her responsibility

Very true. My friend's husband abused her verbally before they got married. After marriage, it graduated to physical abuse. To the extent that he beat her weeks after she gave birth and also hit her mum that tried to wade in.
No matter what a woman does,nagging,rudeness,etc...you don't have an excuse to beat her. You married the nag and rude woman so manage your situation.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
Or what do you think? cheesy
You're right tho. Some women seem to be blind to the obvious signs of a violent partner. Same person will probably come on nairaland in 6 months to ask us if she should leave him because he beat her. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by dangotesmummy: 12:01am On Jun 17, 2017
MrSly:

Listen to those things written by ss2 and ss3 students, single ladies and bachelors at our own risk. Married people are at work, not time to comment and when they come back they have their partners to take care of. No wise advice here as I have seen. Better meet those in successful marriage for direction. Don't listen to 21st century youths. Their ways make no good home and their advice leads astray.
yinmu

Na your type go say endure beating. At least he's your husband .the beating shows he loves you
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by dangotesmummy: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2017
grin grin
Asojam:
Sometimes am amazed as to how some women still choose to fall for this kind of men that lacks respect for them despite even their level of education. If u choose to wanna spend the rest of ur life with someone who sees u as a fool definitely you must be a fool indeed.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by jaxxy(m): 12:03am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
Good afternoon, am a 26 years old lady and am getting married next month, but anytime I have an argument with my fiance he insults me,telling me am a fool, an idiot, etc, have tried to correct him several times but he doesn't see anything wrong with it, just this morning we had an argument and he started again calling me all sort of names. Am starting to get really scared, because if he's doing this when we are engaged what will he do to me when when we are married

Let me just tell u plainly now. U will never be respected in ur marriage cos after marriage it only gets from bad to worse unless God intervenes and that intervention must be before u get married and not u hoping he will change after marriage. Insulting ur fiancée at every argument is not a normal behavior of sm1 inlove or valued. I don't know if this is smtn from d inception or it just started bt i tell u do not get married to junk. His attitude is junk. Dats all. I personally will call of d mf wedding I don't give a flying fxck unless u ready to run out after a year or 2 max!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by BrandBucket: 12:06am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
Good afternoon, am a 26 years old lady and am getting married next month, but anytime I have an argument with my fiance he insults me,telling me am a fool, an idiot, etc, have tried to correct him several times but he doesn't see anything wrong with it, just this morning we had an argument and he started again calling me all sort of names. Am starting to get really scared, because if he's doing this when we are engaged what will he do to me when when we are married
oh Abeni...what made you wait this long...what were you holding on to....it's only some weeks to go with parents, friends anticipating...how easy would it be to call things off at this stage. Please, your parents can still get to know about this matter now...when you graduate into marriage they'll have little or know say to your home affairs.

And I ask again, what were you holding on to?
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by AreaFada2: 12:07am On Jun 17, 2017
@OP,

Something is not quite right.

Maybe he considers you less intelligent/smart.
His outburst may just be out of generation frustration with you.

Does he do that when other people are around? If so, very bad.

He's unlikely to change. If you can live with it & possibly a dose domestic violence as time goes on, carry on.

But why did you not sort this out until weeks before wedding?

Hope your decision will not be influenced by "we have already sent out invitation, we have already bought aso ebi, paid for hall aready, what will people say" and so on.

Buona Fortuna!
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by greggng: 12:08am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:

Is a pity is a sign he wll be abusive person and the end point abusive marriage. Go and seek advice from tonto dike or mercy. Nairaland cannot help u
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by oloriadebusola: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2017
Would like to suggest that's what he grew up seeing his Dad do to his mum,maybe he thinks it's OK to insult shows he is the "Man". Be very careful cause as it is he doesn't have an iota of respect for you, to call a child such names is bad talk less of a grown woman. Have you ever tried insulting him back to see if he can take it like he dishes it out to see his reaction. It's going to be bumpy marriage o so brace up well well.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is just a preamble of how he will unleash his wrestling/boxing skills to administer 50kg worth of punches on your face in conjunction with smack down when he finally pays your bride price. These are the salient qualities of potential wife beaters but you can't leave him because your source of livelihood depends on him. (it's very obvious). I mean do you think marriage is a "magician" that changes people completely, especially a man that is already calling you an idiot even without even official ownership?

This is what to expect when you're too dependent on a man for financial security, and I hope this will serve as a source of lesson to many Nairaland ladies who are always opening irrelevant threads to express their love for already made men and disgust for broke guys.
They need to see how some of these men treat these "long throat" ladies like poo after marriage, as they don't always have any say in marriage. A man whom you build riches and wealth will never call you a "fool" or an "idiot" no matter what (though, it happens but very rare)

You can see the signs of dangers with your korokoro eyes yet you're bent on getting married to this same person next month.. Issokay oooo! Sha don't come and open an irrelevant after thread asking on ways to go about divorce because we won't even let it creep to the front page.

Anyway, I wish you an abusive marriage life in advance with your misogynist husband
That's my boy grin
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by ogtavia(m): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
you are walking into a deadly trap,dont ever think marriage will make him change...if he calls you names already...he doesn't have a drop of respect for you...he will beat the living daylights out of you..if you were my sister, I will ask you to back out of the relationship,then I will get boys to beat the hell out of him for wasting your time and embarrassing you..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by tosyne2much(m): 12:20am On Jun 17, 2017
ImaIma1:

Very true. My friend's husband abused her verbally before they got married. After marriage, it graduated to physical abuse. To the extent that he beat her weeks after she gave birth and also hit her mum that tried to wade in.
No matter what a woman does,nagging,rudeness,etc...you don't have an excuse to beat her. You married the nag and rude woman so manage your situation.
My sister, most women who normally got beaten by their husbands saw those battering tendencies in him during courtship but they overlooked it with the notion that he would change
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by tosyne2much(m): 12:21am On Jun 17, 2017
MasterRahl:
That's my boy grin
Hope say a talk am well bros? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by davidif: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:

Like they say, when someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by micflo28(m): 12:29am On Jun 17, 2017
NNE gba oso for your life.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by pocohantas(f): 12:32am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is just a preamble of how he will unleash his wrestling/boxing skills to administer 50kg worth of punches on your face in conjunction with "smack down" when he finally pays your bride price. These are the salient qualities of potential wife beaters yet you choose to stick to such a man sole because your source of livelihood depends on him. (it's very obvious). I mean do you think marriage is a "magician" that changes people completely, especially a man that is already calling you an idiot even without official ownership on you?

This is what to expect when you're too dependent on a man for financial security, and I hope this will serve as a source of lesson to many Nairaland ladies who are always opening irrelevant threads to express their love for already made men and disgust for broke guys. They need to see how some of these men treat these "long throat" ladies like poo after marriage, as they don't always have any say in marriage. A man whom you build riches and wealth will never call you a "fool" or an "idiot" no matter what (though, it happens but very rare)

You can see the signs of dangers with your korokoro eyes yet you're bent on getting married to this same person next month.. Issokay oooo! Sha don't come and open an irrelevant after thread asking on ways to go about divorce because we won't even let it creep to the front page.

Anyway, I wish you an abusive marriage life in advance with your misogynist husband
See as you run to edit post and add something irrelevant. Where did you draw conclusion that she is dependent on him? Stop demonising rich men please, there are broke guys that abuse their women.

Verbal abuse is a character ish, has nothing to do with financial status. Your other points are sensible for a change.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hope say a talk am well bros? cheesy
Of course u did.

Nevertheless, its time for bed. Run up!!! angry
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Donwilly20(m): 12:35am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
. I think you should hold on for the marriage till he change his attitude
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by tosyne2much(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2017
pocohantas:

See as you run to edit post and add something irrelevant. Where did you draw conclusion that she is dependent on him? Stop demonising rich men please, there are broke guys that abuse their women.

Verbal abuse is a character ish, has nothing to do with financial status. Your other points are sensible for a change.
As if I knew you would find me here again cheesy
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
You need to sit him down and talk to him. It can be done when both of you are cuddling then you bring up the matter but use wisdom. It's possible that your attitude is contributing to insults too so you have to iron it now before its too late.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 17, 2017
cerowo:
Sis better u find yr way out of dat engagement u are in.... Dnt let love 2 blind yr eyes in regards 2 dis matter....
It's better 2 quit d courtship dan u quitting ur marriage at d end... Make a right decision b4 it is 2 late
Make she leave d man or money?
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 17, 2017
Then be rest assured that after the marriage it will be assault all the way.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by GoodMuyis(m): 12:49am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:

What about you trying to get used to it and avoid argument with him, Oko won Lode oo (Husband is expensive outside oo).
You are a strong and wise woman if your spouse later change that attitude
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by rinzymarc(m): 12:55am On Jun 17, 2017
it might b part of him cos me here,I'm a victim of dis but i love her to de moon cool
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by LordAdam16: 12:56am On Jun 17, 2017
FLYFIRE:

@OP, this is the ONLY SENSIBLE post on this up till this point. NO marriage without challenges...THEY ARE WORKED THROUGH. Talk to someone he respects & tell him before the person speaks to him about your fears that you have asked the person to advice both of you because you love him. What happens if he behaves well now & changes after marriage?

And what happens if he pretends/tones down for a couple of weeks just to tie the knot and then unleash the real tiger.

According to the narrative, this isn't new and she has talked to him "several times". Even if someone else has to talk to him, it is very clear that the wedding does not have to go on next month. All this last minute stitching will not salvage a marriage that as we know in Nigeria is a prison for ladies, when sh*t hits the fan.

Them say na from clapping dance dey tk start.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Toluensdollars(m): 12:58am On Jun 17, 2017
U are aren't married yet and he's already spewing all this trash at u, and u are still coming here to ask for advice. I want to believe that u are above d age of 25 and at such believing that u are very much matured and experienced about relationship. There's no gainsaying that your man who has been spitting all these trash at u while still courting u as no regards and honour for womanhood. He will abuse u, thereby causing heartache, heartbreak, disappointment, grief and regret. There's still enough time for u to weigh up your options and choose what's good for u. Don't be blinded by his sugarcoated words, and never allow your emotions control your thoughts. Think deep sis, because Nigeria is in a dire need of urgent attention now than disturbing ourselves trying to help u out with advice's and opinions on how to protect an abusive marriage. Please look well, u still have enough chance to ditch him now and jump ship not when u guys might have walked down d asle. Success and best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by ngwaba(m): 1:00am On Jun 17, 2017
Enjoy your wedding and the marriage. You're seeing the signs but don't want to heed to them. Stop disturbing and distracting us with your problems.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by LivingHuman: 1:01am On Jun 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin
habeny:
Good afternoon, am a 26 years old lady and am getting married next month, but anytime I have an argument with my fiance he insults me,telling me am a fool, an idiot, etc, have tried to correct him several times but he doesn't see anything wrong with it, just this morning we had an argument and he started again calling me all sort of names. Am starting to get really scared, because if he's doing this when we are engaged what will he do to me when we are married
See rhetorical question. Your upcoming marriage to that woman-beater is a LION. What do you do when you see one?

Help yourself cool
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by dhardline(m): 1:02am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is just a preamble of how he will unleash his wrestling/boxing skills to administer 50kg worth of punches on your face in conjunction with "smack down" when he finally pays your bride price. These are the salient qualities of potential wife beaters yet you choose to stick to such a man sole because your source of livelihood depends on him. (it's very obvious). I mean do you think marriage is a "magician" that changes people completely, especially a man that is already calling you an idiot even without official ownership on you?

This is what to expect when you're too dependent on a man for financial security, and I hope this will serve as a source of lesson to many Nairaland ladies who are always opening irrelevant threads to express their love for already made men and disgust for broke guys. They need to see how some of these men treat these "long throat" ladies like poo after marriage, as they don't always have any say in marriage. A man whom you build riches and wealth will never call you a "fool" or an "idiot" no matter what (though, it happens but very rare)

This is so true bro. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Tominiola: 1:04am On Jun 17, 2017
ImaIma1:

Na wa is she still with him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

#WorldSexualPurityDay: Nigerian Couple Who Avoided Pre-Marital Sex / Read Okey Bakassi’s Hilarious Message To Guys That Are Still Sampling Babes / Reasons Why Guys Are Afraid To Date Beautiful Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.