Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Mask Hunter - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mask Hunter (140740 Views)

Awaken: Divine Hunter / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / The Hunter - A Techno thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Men ar Wicked
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Chapter 18 loading but I need comments,, perhaps criticism on my short comings.... Thank you

Wheeew! This Jide must be the second lucifer sent down from sky.....

Cuz if not......

In shot I'm Shot of words....

More grace to ur elbows bro
Oya come nd kuantinu oooo I beg .....
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
samesquare:

Wheeew! This Jide must be the second lucifer sent down from sky.....

Cuz if not......

In shot I'm Shot of words....

More grace to ur elbows bro
Oya come nd kuantinu oooo I beg .....
Lolz..... The guy is quite worse than devil.......
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
Toyin223:
Men ar Wicked
Toyin 223....u got me laughing.... I'm a man o...... Anyways welcome to the house.... Hope to see ur comments more often
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
XCELsis:
Wow I love this
XCELsis......... Thanks for stopping by..... I hope to see ur comments more often
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Chapter 18 to be dropped soon like bumb.... I believe you are in ur armors.... Those with week heart please don't read... I can guarantee ur mood by den
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Toyin 223....u got me laughing.... I'm a man o...... Anyways welcome to the house.... Hope to see ur comments more often
What Man Did To Me I Can Never Forget
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
Toyin223:
What Man Did To Me I Can Never Forget
well I believe life doesn't always give what we expect,,I wish u r healed of what ever wound he has caused...... Even woman could be wicked...... I have seen such senerioes
Re: Mask Hunter by Deji124(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
wow tanks 4 the dedication Ayamboye, but wait sum fathers are wicked oh, i jst keep imagining diz story that is it possible for a father to be as wicked as dat. Oya cum and update sharpaly,
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Deji124:
wow tanks 4 the dedication Ayamboye, but wait sum fathers are wicked oh, i jst keep imagining diz story that is it possible for a father to be as wicked as dat. Oya cum and update sharpaly,
my brother what u know is what u know... Things are happening,, fathers are selling out their families, mothers are forsaking theirs.... Even children have gone haywire..... Thatz life
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:
my brother what u know is what u know... Things are happening,, fathers are selling out their families, mothers are forsaking theirs.... Even children have gone haywire..... Thatz life
BT Y Is He Killing Dem
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
Bt He Have Wat He Want
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
Make U Na Come Oooo
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Toyin223 post=58000475]Make U Na Come Oooo Ayoomodaddy PamelB Kimberlywest MarianneAde SurestG TiffanyJ

2 Likes

Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
Toyin223:
Men ar Wicked
Says who? WO____N
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
samesquare:

Says who?
WO____N
Lolz who go come fill the gap now Ehn
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Toyin223 post=58000553][/quote]Lolz.... I'm looking forward to having them here
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
Toyin223:
Bt He Have Wat He Want
Yea he had what he wanted..... Just chill and see what happens
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Mayb the saints
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:

Mayb the saints
But who is the saint?
Let ur conscience answer that.
Lolz.....
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
samesquare:

Mayb the saints
But who is the saint?
Let ur conscience answer that.
Lolz.....
nobody holy pass now...... Men could be wicked so could be women....... Both Homo sapien are...only God knows the saint baba
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
AyarmBoye:
nobody holy pass now...... Men could be wicked so could be women....... Both Homo sapien are...only God knows the saint baba

Thank U baba I dey feel u pass Recession.
God bless pass all creature except me.......
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2017
AyarmBoye:
He Will Fill It Itself
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:

Thank U baba I dey feel u pass Recession.
God bless pass all creature except me.......
Lolz... Thatz left for God to ponder on.... Anyways thank you
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Good morning guys........ Happy new month to you all.... Let's have a wonderful month..... Ire o
Re: Mask Hunter by Deji124(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Good morning guys........ Happy new month to you all.... Let's have a wonderful month..... Ire o
Happy new month to u too oya cum and sama us a new month long update,
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2017
Before anything let's commune the new month in the hands of the almighty, let's pray....
Our Almighty, Accent Of Days, The One that sitteth in Heaven then use the earth as His foot stool, The Merciful, BABA MI OLOWOGBOGBORO, we say thank U for the grace and breath of life, thank U Lord, So we pray Before
this month ends YOU the almighty God will
visit us. We are changing levels,
Heavenly host will rewrite our story in
Jesus name.
SHALLOM.....

See you Guys later... Hustling things...

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2017
Deji124:
Happy new month to u too oya cum and sama us a new month long update,
you shall have it right away
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:03am On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:
Before anything let's commune the new month in the hands of the almighty, let's pray....
Our Almighty, Accent Of Days, The One that sitteth in Heaven then use the earth as His foot stool, The Merciful, BABA MI OLOWOGBOGBORO, we say thank U for the grace and breath of life, thank U Lord, So we pray Before
Jesus name. Baba Hustle go pay o
SHALLOM.....

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:
Jesus name. Baba Hustle go pay o
SHALLOM.....

baba Hustle go pay o

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2017
Dedicated to our new followers,,, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare.....

CHAPTER 18

The dreadful occurrence had made sure that their future never remained in the limelight, Jide had taken over every possession leaving them with nothing but a dilapidated building in a deserted area of Lagos state. Omolara and her children buttled with hunger, cold and mosquitoes.. They battled with hunger in the day and were being tortured by cold and mosquitoes every night... Even the swarm of termites and bugs had their own share of fists on them..

To make the matter worse, omolara's illness was deteriorating, she had no strength to work neither did she have the power to cater for the children, perhaps her husband's betrayal had debilitated her impairing conditions.
Now that her days were near, she called Jason one evening after they had eaten the meal of garri and water which was merged as lunch and dinner.

"Jason my son" she sighed and too a long breath before she continued "you see, the dove will one day fly into the sky and wont return. The river will stop flowing, the sun will cease giving its light, the moon will be hindered from illuminating the earth, leaving the earth in a complete darkness.........," Jason was confused as he was too young to Decipher the massages her mother was trying to pass across. If the dove flew into the sky and refused to come back, then it might have located the garden of Eden, perhaps seen that the place was more comfortable than earth, hence decided to stay..... How could the sun stop giving light unless there was eclipse of the sun and even if there was, it would be for a short time, he Thought as he listened on to what he believed were hogwashes, perhaps her mother was rambling...

"......... One day you will see me, another day you won't see me again...." she said ruefully as tears formed into her eyes. It was now more eqivocal to him.
Where was she going, was she planning to leave them, maybe she was planning to meet their father without them, if she was, then her plans wouldn't work for he would trail her to wherever she went,he thought...

".... My boy, anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm, being a leader is not about being aged or perfect, it's about weathering the storm and carrying on. Soon, Jason, you will be In charge of your brother. Promise me that you will protect him and with him, you will survive this cruel word? " she concluded..

Jason looked lost, her mother sounded ambiguous, it was like she was speaking in an unclear language.. Since he knew her mother, she had never left them.just like a snail and its shell, wherever she went, they followed. But why did It look different now, perhaps she's going to a place where children are not allowed..Well, since she wouldn't take long before she returned, he promised his mother.

Suddenly, omolara started shivering violently, like a convulsing patient, Jason immediately forgot their conversation. "Momma, what is wrong?" he asked eagerly. He had noticed that his mother was not feeling well, he had suspected it long before now, she had grown very thin, her bones were threatening to break out of the confinement of her shrinking skins, her eyes were hollow and weak and her hairs were almost gone. The beautiful woman he had known had become attenuated, she had become a scarecrow..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2017
Continuation...

--------------—------------------------------
"you are scaring me, Momma what is wrong?". He asked again.

"I'm fine Jason, 'his mother replied, "you should go to bed now, it's late". Her voice was very weak.

"No, you are not all right, why are your eyes closing?"
Omolara gave a tiring smile as she tried to stay conscious "That's because I haven't slept for a while, I have been having difficulties sleeping". She concluded.

He could not help the tears that ran down his cheeks, he wanted to help his dying mother but didn't know how, this broke his heart, it shattered his feelings. Although he had seen her mother pondered over what seemed dark to him, he still wondered if lack of sleep could cause convulsions...
He couldn't bear to watch his mother in such pitiable condition, he had to get her something to make her sleep, anything.. He quickly dashed out of the house, not knowing his mother's state wasn't as a result of insomnia...

Soon Jason returned into the house and met her mother singing, he was glad to see her in such mood. Although, her mother hardly sang and even the song sounded like a sorrowful one, he didn't care for her mother was now in better state...he gave her a deep hug "Momma, don't frighten me again, please", he said joining her sing the song...
Omolara was smiling but tears were flowing freely, Jason couldn't hold his for long as he joined in. He presumed she was crying because she was moved by the song and since he was moved too, he weeped along...

"Momma, I brought you something to help you sleep immediately". He was about to unveil the item when they heard bangs on the door... Omolara was terrified for he wasn't expecting visitors. Although they had no wall clock, she knew it would be around 1.a.m in the midnight and judging by the rate at which the door was being banged, she knew they were unwanted guests...

Now, the bangs had become louder and more intense, omolara knew it was a matter of time before the door got smashed, after all the wooden door was already weakened by thousands of termites which inhabited it... She knew they were in danger, she needed to get the boys out of the building, she quickly muffled Tony in her wrapper and entrusted him to Jason, then she gave him a strict order...

"Jason, I know you are strong and brave. Take your brother and leave here, do not look back. I will follow you soon and if I don't you must survive".

Jason looked confused "Are you not coming along? we can't go without you, we will stay with you"
Omolara knew she couldn't, she was too weak to be on the run, she would slow them down and eventually put their lives in danger.

"I will join you soon, I promise.... I love you! " she concluded. She quickly opened the back door and made them vacuate the building. No sooner had they gone than the door broke open.

The men stepped in, the shades were down and the room was dim, omolara could see the faint outlines of three men walking towards her in darkness.. As her eyes accustomed to the dark, she began to make out an unsettingly unfamiliar faces, her muscles went Taut with fright and terror.

"who are you?" omolara stammered, suddenly unable to breathe, she sauntered backward as they moved closer to her.

"call us the death", one of the heinous men said blowing smoke out of his nose like a dragon.

"we have come to collect what are ours, your lives"..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.