Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (20025 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2017
THE INNOCENT MURDERER.

''Bestie, I killed an innocent man.''

''Ebere!''

''I saw him at the market, screamed 'THIEF!' and he was caught and beaten to death, I later saw the real murderer; he has a scorpion-tattoo on his cheek. I should've left vengeance to God.''

''I don't...

''My parent murderer, I KILLED HIS TWIN BROTHER!''

Divepen1

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jetjacky(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2017
skarlett:

There's one going on currently, 200 words flash fiction here https://www.nairaland.com/3985381/win-10000-naira-writing-short
Thanks, I already checked that one out, and have done my part. Did you drop any fruit of your imagination there? smiley
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2017
Jetjacky:
Thanks, I already checked that one out, and have done my part. Did you drop any fruit of your imagination there? smiley

Okay, nah I didn't.

Not really challenging and kind of unstructured, I prefer this one for the challenge it offers.

goodluck to you dear

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by saaedlee: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2017
Interesting Thread
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hi Rhukie,

Please like and share my post here https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59436045

for your vote to count

Thanks in advance kiss
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Audreytimms, thank you so much for retaining me. I kinda already lost heart because i don't really know how to solicit for likes and shares. Imagine my surprise when i logged in today to find out you put me through to the next round. Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
I am sorry but is it against the rules to ask how to canvass for votes? I really don't know how its done.

Nairaland should have an "How to" section... grin

cc Divepen

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jetjacky(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
skarlett:

Okay, nah I didn't.

Not really challenging and kind of unstructured, I prefer this one for the challenge it offers.

goodluck to you dear
Thanks a mill. Well, I can't say I don't see the truth in you assertion; good luck here. smiley
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by McLove(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Divepen1 and all the judges are doing a very great work! It's not easy.
However, I've an idea that can be applied against next edition!

I think the competition should be in stages according to how good you think you are. Like amateur, Professional etc. Something like that sha.. So you won't be pairing someone like me who isn't even a writer but just trying to engage and test my ability with a pro in writing!

Just a suggestion o! Keep doing the good work! Thanks
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by piroux(f): 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Misery loves company

His life was over, he thought, depressed. He had lost his job, wife and children.

Then he heard his neighbors fighting again and their children crying miserably.

He picked up the gun angrily and went to their door.

He would end it for all of them. None would wake tomorrow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
McLove:
Divepen1 and all the judges are doing a very great work! It's not easy.
However, I've an idea that can be applied against next edition!

I think the competition should be in stages according to how good you think you are. Like amateur, Professional etc. Something like that sha.. So you won't be pairing someone like me who isn't even a writer but just trying to engage and test my ability with a pro in writing!

Just a suggestion o! Keep doing the good work! Thanks
Hmmm.. That's a cool one. Let's hope for a better sponsor.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
Infant Immortality

It travelled down the lonely greasy path soiling its birthday suit and arrived a new world where life was too bright, cold, smelly and alarmingly deafening.... It kept mute.
They watched....
It was grabbed and turned upside down gently. A palm struck its buttocks once.
Shocked! The newborn wailed indefinitely....

divepen1
repogirl

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
Devil's Lair

Kenny should have known. His wife never welcomed him with a warm smile or good food.
He moulded a bit of the pounded yam, stirred it in the fish stew and swallowed.
“Why are you smiling?” he asked his wife.
“I poisoned our meal. Welcome to h-h-ell.” She spilled blood.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 2:31am On Aug 15, 2017
THE MISTAKE

I stare furiously at the stranger as he pays for his meal from my wallet,which I left on the table to use the restroom.

He knowingly smiles and points behind him, I Iook and see my actual wallet and realize I'm on the wrong table. I smile apologetically.

'Thank God!'

cc Divepen
Repogirl

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Like The Twitch Before A Teardrop

After the chief's death, people despised our mother, like slaves despised their lords. While she womb still harbored Kure, she was put in jail. There, she met Alero who then planted me in her and whom Kure learnt to call father. But happiness had a slender body that broke easily.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Gmike2rule(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
One More Step

Asake chuckled as she typed excitedly into her phone. Her mother's footsteps echoed as they descended the staircase.
' You and this phone', her mother complained.
' Leave me mama', she mumbled. ' I'm not...'
She screamed as she missed a step and sent her Samsung S8 crashing, screen first.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Divepen1

When will the judges pick their top 3?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
skarlett:
Divepen1

When will the judges pick their top 3?
When every member of their team has dropped their works.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2017
Divepen1:
When every member of their team has dropped their works.

But I thought we had a timeline to adhere to? I think nobody should keep anybody waiting so the competition will get moving...
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

But I thought we had a timeline to adhere to? I think nobody should keep anybody waiting so the competition will get moving...
Everyone met up with the time na...
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Divepen1:
Everyone met up with the time na...

Great! Today is the 16th, this stage is supposed to have ended on the 15th smiley
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Am I the only one who feels how rude this is? I mean even if you're soliciting for help, at least take permission first.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Debbietiyan:
Am I the only one who feels how rude this is? I mean even if you're soliciting for help, at least take permission first.
Wrong thread or something?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Wrong thread or something?

It was a story linking to another thread but it has been removed.

Please, can mine be removed too? so I don't look like a raving idiot grin

cc Divepen1

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
Debbietiyan:

It was a story linking to another thread but it has been removed.

Please, can mine be removed too? so I don't look like a raving idiot grin

cc Divepen 1

It was reported as spam, you can report yours too and it will be hidden

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Debbietiyan(f): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
skarlett:

It was reported as spam, you can report yours too and it will be hidden

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
wow congrats to everyone missnande I guess one of us has to move.... looking forward to meet u again
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
And Larrysun is giving me big shoes to fill, I hope I'm up to the task cheesy

Thanks a lot to every single person who liked and shared my story, looks like we made it to the next stage kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Missnande(f): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
@Divepen please when is the deadline for voting? Thanks illicit, goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by illicit(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2017
Kudos to the judges

You doing wonderful jobs but I dont envy u guys tho

Weldone divepen1.

Shoutout to the viewers.

I hope we all had blissful night rests.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

When Mission Becomes Impossible / The Journey To A Thousand Flash / Diary Of A Campus Babe...i Would Never Forget That Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.