Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread (19953 Views)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 12:34am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
1. Kimberlywest---62 Likes 44 Shares= 106 votes
2. Debbietiyan--- 27 likes + 16 shares= 43 votes
3. Kusibe77---) 8 Likes 3 Shares= 11 votes
4. Jasminnye= 64 Likes 40 Shares = 104 votes
5. Skarlett-- 70 Likes + 62 shares= 132 votes
6. Frankenstein- 53 Likes+ 33 shares= 86 votes

Top 2

Skarlett--132 votes
Kimberlywest- 106 votes

But you said "the likes would count now"

You didn't say anything about "shares"

Apparently, you have modified your post to include shares.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

This is my word https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59389741
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 12:39am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:

This is my word
https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59389741

Yes that is your *modified* word

It's okay, no probs
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

It's okay, no probs
Wow.. Go through all the threads. Even the first page of this thread.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 12:49am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

It's okay, no probs
And the little thing I notice is that many of us don't read the instructions well.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
You should be asleep na

I don't want to sleep yet cheesy
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

He did dear, that's why I emphasized both liking and sharing to my voters
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 1:21am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
And the little thing I notice is that many of us don't read the instructions well.

You did not have to do this. And I refuse to go down that lane with you.

But, on the day the judges picked their candidates, your post categorically stated that "likes would count at this point", nothing about shares. You know you modified that initial post, perhaps when you came to post about voting today which is the post you have now referred me to.

I wouldn't have done all this plenty explaining, but for the fact that you had to add a polite insult when I had done nothing of such to you.

Thanks for the competition thus far, it was fun.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

But, on the day the judges picked their candidates, your post categorically stated that "likes would count at this point", nothing about shares. You know you modified that initial post, perhaps when you came to post about voting today which is the post you have now referred me to.

I wouldn't have done all this plenty explaining, but for the fact that you had to add a polite insult when I had done nothing of such to you.

You actually are on a wrong ground. He stated it at the very first post. You didn't really read, just skimmed.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 6:08am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Well, if it looks insultive, I tender my apology. But you stating that I modify the thread will make people assume we cheated you by not updating you.
Immediately I posted it, Skarlett was found canvassing for votes and she said
Thank you ma'am
Please vote for me by liking and sharing the post here( link removed)

https://www.nairaland.com/3915558/seun-osewa-flash-fiction-instructions/4#59395185

And I think I found the discussion got mixed up, Skarlett asked which thread would be used for vote counting, then you replied her with
Likes from both threads combined would be tantamount to inaccuracy (duplicate votes). That's because 1 person can like both threads and it would be counted as 2 votes instead of 1.

https://www.nairaland.com/3915558/seun-osewa-flash-fiction-instructions/4#59343338

I didn't make the mistake because I've thought almost everything through. The voice allows three votes, so I chose the best formats that would have a feel of this three votes and that is the use of Likes and Share.

Also, I went through my Moderation Log, which unfortunately cannot be accessed by you, and I saw all my edited works and I didn't see any moderation of such.

I'm not explaining myself to prove my perfection but to help you as well as a lot of writers and readers know there was a only a miscommunication but not mistake. I might have sounded like you're to use only Likes, I'm sincerely sorry about it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

I don't want to sleep yet cheesy
Congrats. I hope you are now sleeping grin

Congrats to Kimberlywest, too. I hope we don't meet again till the end of this competition wink you could have easily... lipsrsealed
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 6:31am On Aug 13, 2017
Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)- August 13–15
— The judges would pick three contestants
--- They have the right to choose anyone among their picks and members of their team voted for.
— Reader's vote would pick three more contestants.
This leaves us with 6 contestants

Contestants
Team Elixir

piroux
GSteve001
Kimberlywest

Team Repogirl
Illicit
Missnande

Team Larrysun

OluwabuqqyYOLO
Gmike2Rule
Skarlett
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:

Well, if it looks insultive, I tender my apology.

Thanks very much. smiley
I apologize for giving you the stress to relate this long proof of no foulplay.
Next time, I would make sure to remember the share button.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:06am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)- August 13–15
— The judges would pick three contestants
--- They have the right to choose anyone among their picks and members of their team voted for.
— Reader's vote would pick three more contestants.
This leaves us with 6 contestants

Contestants
Team Elixir

piroux
GSteve001
Kimberlywest

Team Repogirl
Illicit
Missnande

Team Larrysun

OluwabuqqyYOLO
Gmike2Rule
Sorry, isn't Skarlett supposed to meet Kimberlywest?

I can't even find Skarlett anywhere here.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:

Well, if it looks insultive, I tender my apology. But you stating that I modify the thread will make people assume we cheated you by not updating you.
Immediately I posted it, Skarlett was found canvassing for votes and she said
Thank you ma'am
Please vote for me by liking and sharing the post here( link removed)

https://www.nairaland.com/3915558/seun-osewa-flash-fiction-instructions/4#59395185

And I think I found the discussion got mixed up, Skarlett asked which thread would be used for vote counting, then you replied her with
Likes from both threads combined would be tantamount to inaccuracy (duplicate votes). That's because 1 person can like both threads and it would be counted as 2 votes instead of 1.

https://www.nairaland.com/3915558/seun-osewa-flash-fiction-instructions/4#59343338

I didn't make the mistake because I've thought almost everything through. The voice allows three votes, so I chose the best formats that would have a feel of this three votes and that is the use of Likes and Share.

Also, I went through my Moderation Log, which unfortunately cannot be accessed by you, and I saw all my edited works and I didn't see any moderation of such.

I'm not explaining myself to prove my perfection but to help you as well as a lot of writers and readers know there was a only a miscommunication but not mistake. I might have sounded like you're to use only Likes, I'm sincerely sorry about it.
This is not a complaint but the last stage was not exactly handled expertly. Before the day you set out for voting and campaigning, some contestants had already started the train.

Again, Audrey came and dropped the verdict that Kimberly had already qualified. That gave the impression that you and the judges had already made your pick. I came back later to find contestants still calling for votes.

I don't want to imagine how it would have been managed if Kimberly did not make it.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2017
The LIKES AND SHARES prior to the time the judges made their selection and before you opened the floor for the voting to commence should have been made null and avoid.

I joined the competition to learn, and asking people to vote for my story 'just because' felt very odd but I still learnt marketing.

Orubebe would not take this but although I believe stealing is corruption, I'll follow GEJ.

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2017
ProFuhrer:
This is not a complaint but the last stage was not exactly handled expertly. Before the day you set out for voting and campaigning, some contestants had already started the train.

Again, Audrey came and dropped the verdict that Kimberly had already qualified. That gave the impression that you and the judges had already made your pick. I came back later to find contestants still calling for votes.

I don't want to imagine how it would have been managed if Kimberly did not make it.
Kim, perhaps, started telling her fans before hand because the instruction was there --- voice competition; 'likes' equals vote --- and they responded, greatly.

Before the verdict, kim was winning, dropping her by the judge was more like giving others in the group a chance again.

Initially, this was for fun; to make the section lively. And it did.

my two kobo.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by ProFuhrer: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2017
Kusibe77:
Kim, perhaps, started telling her fans before hand because the instruction was there --- voice competition; 'likes' equals vote --- and they responded, greatly.

Before the verdict, kim was winning, dropping her by the judge was more like giving others in the group a chance again.

my two kobo.

I don't know about the Voice competition and how it is run. I agree with the fun part, that was part of why I joined.

But what if Kim didn't finally win? She was just 4 points above the 3rd person.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2017
GSteve001:

Congrats to Kimberl ywest, too. I hope we don't meet again till the end of this competition wink you could have easily... lipsrsealed

Lol

I got myself a well deserved night rest cheesy

Thank you dear

I don't think there's going to be any more pairing tho, just judges picking their top one contestant (3 in total) and voters saving some others so good luck in the next round smiley
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2017
ProFuhrer:
I don't know about the Voice competition and how it is run. I agree with the fun part, that was part of why I joined.

What if Kim had not won? That's the fun. It was a calculated risk, one which Audreytimms kept lamenting about( at our group page). In case, you don't know, Judges are allowed to vote for their choices and even canvass for votes. It's the fun of the competition. However, she's not planning to do such another time.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2017
Kusibe77:

my two kobo.

Thanks baba. That's the plan. We pick the best and people pick their choice.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2017
ProFuhrer:
The LIKES AND SHARES prior to the time the judges made their selection and before you opened the floor for the voting to commence should have been made null and avoid.

I joined the competition to learn, and asking people to vote for my story 'just because' felt very odd but I still learnt marketing.

Orubebe would not take this but although I believe stealing is corruption, I'll follow GEJ.

grin grin grin
Everyone is allowed to canvass for votes before the day. I gave that day as extra day. Voting was supposed to start immediately. That's why many of writers on Okadabooks don't really make sales. We don't hint people about our books before the book production, which should not be so.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by GSteve001(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

Lol

I got myself a well deserved night rest cheesy

Thank you dear

I don't think there's going to be any more pairing tho, just judges picking their top one contestant (3 in total) and voters saving some others so good luck in the next round smiley

Thanks. Good luck to you too.
Hmm.. Let's see how this goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Sorry, isn't Skarlett supposed to meet Kimberlywest?

I can't even find Skarlett anywhere here.
Skarlett must have been corking her gun in preparation for my appearance. I've rectified it.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Thanks very much. smiley
I apologize for giving you the stress to relate this long proof of no foulplay.
Next time, I would make sure to remember the share button.
Apologies accepted. Lol.. But I fear your fans ooooo.. They can make anyone run for his money.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Skarl ett must have been corking her gun in preparation for my appearance. I've rectified it.

grin grin grin

I saw Buky's mention but decided to let it slide, I knew it was just a mistake of omission smiley

And I wanted to ask...when our story is posted in the judge's thread, can we start canvassing for votes?
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Divepen1(m): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

grin grin grin

I saw Buky's mention but decided to let it slide, I knew it was just a mistake of omission smiley

And I wanted to ask...when our story is posted in the judge's thread, can we start canvassing for votes?
Immediately... The earlier the better.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Immediately... The earlier the better.

Alright, thanks
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Skarlett must have been corking her gun in preparation for my appearance. I've rectified it.
Lol, better oh!
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Kusibe77(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2017
ProFuhrer:

Now, I gerrit. start 'campaigning' for her, she might need it in the next stage.
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Jazmiynne: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2017
Divepen1:
But I fear your fans ooooo.. They can make anyone run for his money.
Lol cheesy
Re: Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
GSteve001:

Congrats to Kimberlywest, too. I hope we don't meet again till the end of this competition wink you could have easily... lipsrsealed

Thanks dear.

I almost didn't make it to the next round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / The Journey To A Thousand Flash / When Mission Becomes Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.