Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region (43248 Views)

South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit / Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
pazienza:

He is a confused Northern minority, scared of his reward once Biafra secedes, which is eternal union with his jihadist Arewa brothers in a retrogressive Arewa-Oduanistani union, alongside the Yorubas whose 60% of population are Muslims who are subservient to the Caliphate.
He is frustrated. He wants to see Yoruba Muslims show disobedience to their Gambari masters or atleast independence , which is not happening,not long ago he was bleating all over the place about this.

All I have for him and his kind is return of hate for hate, nothing more and nothing less.

I've asked Kagawa10 about this but he hasn't given me a conclusive answer yet; how exactly will the Yorubas in the South-West wrestle Kwara and Kogi states from the Northerners should they secede? I really am intrigued to know the answer to this.

Nne, are you related to Ifeyinwa China Onyeabo ?

No, I don't believe I am. Why do you ask?

Edit: I just read one of her pieces and I think that she's amazing. This quote accurately describes the average Nigerian's mindset when it comes to Ndigbo:

"Cowardice is when one celebrates the glitches in the lives of your neighbor. I told my friend that Nigeria is like a Neighbor who lives in a rented face me I face you room laughing at his neighbor who lives in his own duplex because his latest Range Rover sport wouldn't start in the morning."

http://www.gbam.tv/latest-news/must-readmy-tribe-blessed-and-unique-ifeyinwa-china-onyeabo

More Igbo women need to be like her.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

Which makes it even more absurd that many of your kinsmen group them all together and claim that there are no Igbos in the South-South.

That there are several tribes in SS doesn't make the land ibo. The only ibo land are those that were carved into River state.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

That there are several tribes in SS doesn't make the land ibo. The only ibo land are those that were carved into River state.

Did you even read my post properly? I said that it was absurd that they group the whole region together and claim that there are no native Igbos in the South-South.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

Did you even read my post properly? I said that it was absurd that they group the whole region together and claim that there are no native Igbos in the South-South.

Well, I know there are ibos in SS but the problem is when your folks start to claim everyone on the land.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I've asked Kagawa10 about this but he hasn't given me a conclusive answer yet; how exactly will the Yorubas in the South-West wrestle Kwara and Kogi states from the Northerners should they secede? I really am intrigued to know the answer to this.

Edit: I just read one of her pieces and I think that she's amazing. This quote accurately describes the average Nigerian's mindset when it comes to Ndigbo:

"Cowardice is when one celebrates the glitches in the lives of your neighbor. I told my friend that Nigeria is like a Neighbor who lives in a rented face me I face you room laughing at his neighbor who lives in his own duplex because his latest Range Rover sport wouldn't start in the morning."

http://www.gbam.tv/latest-news/must-readmy-tribe-blessed-and-unique-ifeyinwa-china-onyeabo

I've told you there has never been a time that the whole Kwara and Kogi were under Fulanis. The okun and igbomina in every Kwara/Kogi towns all have an Oba. Only Ilorin town has an Emir. You can't just lump the whole state.

And there's always a referendum..In fact, the Okuns in Kogi have already spoken out of their intention to join us if we go back to our regional set up
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by cumbak60: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Which bridges when you're rewriting history? Lol.

The fact is both tribes have been antagonising each other, not just one. Heck, you had a hate inciting radio media calling Yoruba all sort of names and calling for them to be killed. You almost even killed my pastor, kumuyi. As a deeperlifer, I know I shouldn't be doing all these but I will never tolerate ibo lies and hate speeches.
Please mind your region business. Not all Igbos subscribes to IPOB. Leave us alone.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Well, I know there are ibos in SS but the problem is when your folks start to claim everyone on the land.

Where has any Igbo poster claimed that everyone in the South-South is Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

I've told you there has never been a time that the whole Kwara and Kogi were under Fulanis. The okun and igbomina in every Kwara/Kogi towns all have an Oba. Only Ilorin town has an Emir. You can't just lump the whole state.

And there's always a referendum..In fact, the Okuns in Kogi have already spoken out of their intention to join us if we go back to our regional set up

You've still not answered my question undecided. I didn't ask you whether these states had Yoruba people in them or not, I asked you how exactly are you going to wrestle them from the grasp of the Northerners should you secede? Perhaps you should be more concerned with this than of the affairs of a people you have very little in common with.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by cumbak60: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

She is a veteran. An Igboid only country advocate. @pazienza: what do you have to say on R. Bluejack... Do you think he stands a chance of succeeding in his campaign?

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
cumbak60:

She is a veteran. An Igboid only country advocate. @pazienza: what do you have to say on R. Bluejack... Do you think he stands a chance of succeeding in his campaign?

From reading some of her work, I've noticed that a lot of Igbos are in support of an Igbo-only country, something that many on Nairaland like to dispute. I completely agree with her; I personally see very little use for these minorities in our independent country.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

Where has any Igbo poster claimed that everyone in the South-South is Igbo?

Some do. Some were even claiming the anang in Akwaibom to be Ibos. Or the ukwuanis/ika/agbor who are actually from a mixed genetic pool of several ethnic offshoots which includes Urhobo/Isoko/Bini/Ibo.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

You've still not answered my question undecided. I didn't ask you whether these states had Yoruba people in them or not, I asked you how exactly are you going to wrestle them from the grasp of the Northerners should you secede? Perhaps you should be more concerned with this than of the affairs of a people you have very little in common with.

They were never under the North is what I keep telling you. They were grouped as the middle belters.. And there's something called a referendum..
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Some do. Some were even claiming the anang in Akwaibom to be Ibos. Or the ukwuanis/ika/agbor who are actually from a mixed genetic pool of several ethnic offshoots which includes Urhobo/Isoko/Bini/Ibo.

I don't really care about the rest but the vast majority of Ukwuani people are Igbo. The Bini migrants among them know themselves and should just speak for themselves when they talk about Bini ancestry.

As for the rest of your post, I will ask again: where has any Igbo poster claimed that everyone in the South-South is Igbo? Also, why are you not more concerned about how to wrestle Kwara and Kogi from the grasp of the Northerners than of matters, such as the above, that do not concern you?

2 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't really care about the rest but the vast majority of Ukwuani people are Igbo. The Bini migrants among them know themselves and should just speak for themselves when they talk about Bini ancestry.

As for the rest of your post, I will ask again: where has any Igbo poster claimed that everyone in the South-South is Igbo? Also, why are you not more concerned about how to wrestle Kwara and Kogi from the grasp of the Northerners than of matters, such as the above, that do not concern you?

Keep deluding yourself. The Ika who are even closer aint ibo, let alone the Ukwuanis. Their gene pool is major dominated with the isoko and binis, not Ibo!
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

They were never under the North is what I keep telling you. They were grouped as the middle belters.. And there's something called a referendum..

What are you talking about? Are they not classed as Northerners by the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy? Also, where have the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy shown you, in any way, that a referendum will be allowed in their own backyard?

You and your kinsmen need to look up better strategies to wrestle your land from these land grabbers instead of focusing on the affairs of Ndigbo so much.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
cumbak60:

Please mind your region business. Not all Igbos subscribes to IPOB. Leave us alone.

Not all ibos are ipob but majority are!

Which minding my business when the likes of Pazienza and Nonaira keeps telling lies?
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by stonemasonn: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
cumbak60:

Lots of Aniomas are already waking up to reality. I had a one on one chat with one notable personality from Igbodo axis, lots of things was layed to bare. If Nigerians will just let Igbos be, the country will coast to greatness, but alas, their false perceived fear of domination is her obvious set back. Nigerians re dead scared of the unity of Ind'Igbo. But the irony is that the unity of Igbos is an advantage to Nigerians. They don't know smiley
the fear of domination is not a false perception!
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

What are you talking about? Are they not classed as Northerners by the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy? Also, where have the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy shown you, in any way, that a referendum will be allowed in their own backyard?

You and your kinsmen need to look up better strategies to wrestle your land from these land grabbers instead of focusing on the affairs of Ndigbo so much.

Ignorance at its peak. Northerners indeed.

If the people ask for a referendum, who will stop them from having a referendum?
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Keep deluding yourself. The Ika who are even closer aint ibo, let alone the Ukwuanis. Their gene pool is major dominated with the isoko and binis, not Ibo!

I'm not deluding myself, rather it is you, a Yoruba man who thinks that he can speak on Igbo affairs, and that handful of Bini migrants who keep trying to project their lack of belonging to others in the region, who are deluded. My paternal grandmother came from the most prominent family in Aboh and I can tell you for a fact that she was one of the proudest Igbo women you would ever meet in your life. This is how I know that you and your likes are liars. Regarding the bolded, tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Ignorance at its peak. Northerners indeed.

If the people ask for a referendum, who will stop them from having a referendum?

We all know who will stop them from having a referendum... Let's not pretend like this won't be an issue here undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I'm not deluding myself, rather it is you, a Yoruba man who thinks that he can speak on Igbo affairs, and that handful of Bini migrants who keep trying to project their lack of belonging to others in the region, who are deluded. My paternal grandmother came from the most prominent family in Aboh and I can tell you for a fact that she was one of the proudest Igbo women you would ever meet in your life. This is how I know that you and your likes are liars. Regarding the bolded, tufiakwa!

Well, one of my friend back in school was an ukwuani, kwale to be precise and he told me he's no ibo! Of course there are those who are of ibo ethnic stock like your grandma but majority aint ibo. In fact, The agbor folks who are a lot closer to the ibos/Enuani still has their kingship nominated by oba of bini, let alone the Ukwanis.

This is one of the thing that makes everyone wary of you. How can someone whose ancestors' blood is from an isoko/bini stock be forced to claim ibo? You're deluded.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

We all know who will stop them from having a referendum... Let's not pretend like this won't be an issue here undecided.

Nobody can do that! The ukranians never stopped the set of people who had referendum to join the Russia. The only thing is no one can force a referendum on a group of people except they want it.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Well, one of my friend back in school was an ukwuani, kwale to be precise and he told me he's no ibo! Of course there are those who are of ibo ethnic stock like your grandma but majority aint ibo. In fact, The agbor folks who are a lot closer to the ibos/Enuani still has their kingship nominated by oba of bini, let alone the Ukwanis.

This is one of the thing that makes everyone wary of you. How can someone whose ancestors' blood is from an isoko/bini stock be forced to claim ibo? You're deluded.

You've got it the wrong way around; the vast majority are Igbo with a few Bini migrants; your friend must be one of the latter. How can you even claim that my grandmother is in the minority when she came from a prestigious family in the region? Or are you claiming that a whole community of non-Igbos would allow themselves to be governed by Igbos, without problem, for centuries? Does that make any sense to you?

As for the bolded, it is you, a Yoruba men claiming to speak for people who have no interest in him or his people, who are deluded. I hope you're aware that the Benin Kingdom consisted of a plethora of ethnicities, right? My ancestors used to live under the jurisdiction of the Benin Kingdom but they were 100% Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Nobody can do that! The ukranians never stopped the set of people who had referendum to join the Russia. The only thing is no one can force a referendum on a group of people except they want it.

Why are you comparing Nigeria to Europe? There is a reason why Nnamdi Kanu and co like to refer it as a 'zoo'. It's good that you're starting to think more about the affairs of your people though. You sound a bit unsure with the above quote, perhaps you and your kinsmen should be doing more work into making sure that Kwara, including Ilorin, and Kogi states will be included in your Oduduwa Republic or whatever you want to call it undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

You've got it the wrong way around; vast majority are Igbo with a few Bini migrants; your friend must be one of those. How can you even claim my grandmother is in the minority when she came from a prestigious family in the region? Or are you claiming that a whole community of non-Igbos would allow themselves to be governed by Igbos for centuries? Does that make any sense to you?

As for the bolded, it is you, a Yoruba men claiming to speak for people who have no interest in him or his people, who are deluded. I hope you're aware that the Benin Kingdom consisted of a plethora of ethnicities, right? My ancestors used to live under the jurisdiction of the Benin Kingdom but they were 100% Igbos.

There are no few bini migrant. In fact, majority of Delta people are Bini offshoots, including the Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaws etc and you talk of few Bini migrants? The point is these people have chosen a new identity for themselves like the Isoko did from the Urhobo, even as the Itsekiri did from the Yoruba, so stop disturbing them.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

Why are you comparing Nigeria to Europe? There is a reason why Nnamdi Kanu and co like to refer it as a 'zoo'. It's good that you're starting to think more about the affairs of your people though. You sound a bit unsure with the above quote, perhaps you and your kinsmen should be doing more work into making sure that Kwara, including Ilorin, and Kogi states will be included in your Oduduwa Republic or whatever you want to call it undecided.

The point is there's no way we will force a referendum on them except they want it in the first place. They are the one to determine their fate and if they want to be with us, no one can stop them.
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Ngozi123(f): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

There are no few bini migrant. In fact, majority of Delta people are Bini offshoots, including the Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaws etc and you talk of few Bini migrants? The point is these people have chosen a new identity for themselves like the Isoko did from the Urhobo, even as the Itsekiri did from the Yoruba, so stop disturbing them.

I said nothing about about Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaws etc so what on earth are you talking about? If your real issue is with the Itseriki people choosing to disassociate themselves with your kinsmen then take that issue up with them, it's got nothing to do with Ndigbo.

How can I be disturbing them when my own blood grandmother hails from there? I have every right, both as an Igbo woman and someone who actually has blood ties to one of the purest Ukwuani families, to speak on the matter. However, you- as a Yoruba man- have no right to be talking about a people who have no interest in you or your kinsmen. Like I said, worry about exactly how you will wrestle Kwara, including Ilorin, and Kogi states from the Northerners' grasp and stay out of matters that do not concern you. It really is simple undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by FKO81(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Conehead why are you so frustrated, there are so many injustice and tribal wars in your region but you are more concern about Igbo. Eguns, Ijebus are denying your tribe while many are under cage in Kwara and Kogi you are busy wasting your needful time over Igbos
Ijebus Are From Sudan, Awujale Insists
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

War of the Monarchs: Egba historian backs Alake, says Awujale a foreigner from Sudan

The historian spoke to journalists in Abeokuta on Friday while reacting to the widely publicized contentions between the traditional rulers on the seniority of their stools.

According to him, Awujale is a foreigner in Yoruba land, as the Ijebus originated from Wadai‎ in Sudan.

Mr. Adebowale said as a foreigner in Yorubaland, the Awujale and his Ijebu people lacked the authority to speak on the history of the Yoruba race.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/200005-war-monarchs-egba-historian-backs-alake-says-awujale-foreigner-sudan.htm

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

I said nothing about about Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaws etc so what on earth are you talking about? If your real issue is with the Itseriki people choosing to disassociate themselves with your kinsmen then take that issue up with them, it's got nothing to do with Ndigbo.

How can I be disturbing them when my own blood grandmother hails from there? I have every right, both as an Igbo woman and someone who actually has blood ties to one of the purest Ukwuani families, to speak on the matter. However, you- as a Yoruba man- have no right to be talking about a people who have no interest in you or your kinsmen. Like I said, worry about exactly how you will wrestle Kwara, including Ilorin, and Kogi states from the Northerners' grasp and stay out of matters that do not concern you. It really is simple undecided.

You're now an ibo, not ukwuani because your father is.

And wetin concern me with the Itsekiri? We respect their new identity even as ibo should do with the Ikas and Ukwuanis. Moreover, they aint from pure ibo blood but from mixed pool! Why would ibo claim them when they also have other ethic groups' blood? If you say they are ibo, then we can say they are Isoko and Bini as well.

Moreover, I had to mention ijaw, urhobo et al when you implied that Bini migrants are few. Why would Bini migrants be few when the main tribes in Delta are Bini offshoots?
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by cumbak60: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

From reading some of her work, I've noticed that a lot of Igbos are in support of an Igbo-only country, something that many on Nairaland like to dispute. I completely agree with her; I personally see very little use for these minorities in our independent country.
I agree with you. But not all ND tribes feed fat on Nigerian propaganda. One very noble character R.Bluejack is doing a wonderful job trying to pull off the veil..... I cringe at the word minority. "Minority" a Nigerian coined term to propagate oppression. Don't use it on them.

1 Like

Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by Kagawa10: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
FKO81:

Conehead why are you so frustrated, there are so many injustice and tribal wars in your region but you are more concern about Igbo. Eguns, Ijebus are denying your tribe while many are under cage in Kwara and Kogi you are busy wasting your needful time over Igbos
Ijebus Are From Sudan, Awujale Insists

War of the Monarchs: Egba historian backs Alake, says Awujale a foreigner from Sudan

The historian spoke to journalists in Abeokuta on Friday while reacting to the widely publicized contentions between the traditional rulers on the seniority of their stools.

According to him, Awujale is a foreigner in Yoruba land, as the Ijebus originated from Wadai‎ in Sudan.

Mr. Adebowale said as a foreigner in Yorubaland, the Awujale and his Ijebu people lacked the authority to speak on the history of the Yoruba race.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/200005-war-monarchs-egba-historian-backs-alake-says-awujale-foreigner-sudan.htm

Eguns are no Yoruba though. The Ijebus on the other are core Yoruba! If they are Sudanese, then I and my people must be one because we speak roughly the same dialect.

Awujale was just on weed. grin grin
Re: Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region by FKO81(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kagawa10:

Eguns are no Yoruba though. The Ijebus on the other are core Yoruba! If they are Sudanese, then I and my people must be one because we speak roughly the same dialect.

Awujale was just on weed
. grin grin
I see how yorubas repect their elders by Awujale saying the truth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times / Senator Ademola Adeleke Dancing At Dangote Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Tinubu: People Now Volunteering To Confront Me, Lion Of Bourdilon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.