Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,678 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Am I Too Choosy? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Too Choosy? (49767 Views)

"Am I Too Much To Handle?" - Lady Shares Photos Of "Asset" / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend / When A Guy Is Too Choosy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Queenserah26(f): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
The matter tire me small, but I wish you the best honestly
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by loluadebayo: 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
Be like this OP no get sense. you don't wanna say yes cos he's moving to ikorodu. what's his location got to do with your love life? is it the place you want or what exactly?? Ayam not understanding. Conot here with your nollywood stories

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Sophyrocks:

Tell mods to close the freaking thread. I knew that comments coming from Dull Nairaland dudes will not exceed mumu advice such using age factor to blackmail you. Nairaland is not the best place to seek for advice on sensitive matters as marriage my dear. Can you see the horrible advice you are getting now? A lot of dudes here are daft. Heck they can't even read to know that you revealed that the man is MARRIED!! You should have known that by now. Next time, make the vital investigation about men that come around you and don't be too quick to seek advice from such a horrid place as Nairaland. NEVER EVER BECOME DESPERATE BECAUSE OF A MAN! You did the right thing by delaying before considering his marriage proposal. No matter how flattering it feels to have a man proposing to you, snap out of the fantasy and find out all you need to know about that man first before making any move.

Please how do I contact mod to close this thread.
The men commenting continuosly are so daft.

I never knew nairaland men are like this.

Moderators please close this thread.

Topic closed!!!!

Close this thread o.. Enough mumu full this place o!

Close thread!!!!!
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by InvertedHammer: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.
I said ok o.. I wish u safe relocating then. He said thank you
Then he said but there is one more issue.

I said ok, u want to throw send off party? I was laughing

He said noooo!

Hmm mm, hmmmm, I said what nah? Why hmmm?
Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!
Its not that u are good as a husband but sorry I can never live in ikorodu.
Not wit the killings going on there

Am sorry I cant cry

Wow! Pls stand up abeg.. I can't

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

Now peeps look at this scenario

I can't jeopardize my life cos of getting married.

Ikorodu for me is a no go area.

Do u guys and ladies feel I was unreasonable sad

I know am not a spring chicken but I can't put my life in danger cry
And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue

I don't want to feel like am a bad person sad

Pls dont mind my grammatical errors!

Let's assume that the story is non-fiction:
1. The guy is hopeless. How can he go from 0-100% in a blink of an eye. Exchange of pleasantries and good deeds does not equate to love. He didn't even ask for a date...but marriage? SMH.

2. You love him but not in love with him. If you do, everything is negotiable. He can release his apartment in Ikorodu and two of you will plan your future better.

He tried to release himself from a "friend zone". But it ain't easy. Going from a carwasher to a driver takes a whole lot of effort, very daunting I must admit.

If you care about him, give him a good odeshi as a parting gift. He may need it when badoo comes calling.

/
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by revivalistdee(m): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2017
i pray its neva to late for u to decide on wat to do with ur life, u knw the number of ladies going mad everyday just bcus, they are used and dumped. nt pushing u on him dear. just shine ur eyes
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by amedualiyu(m): 12:34am On Aug 24, 2017
Adamo is a very remote area in ikorodu. Please don't go there in the name of marriage OR love. I repeat, Adamo is a very remote area in Ikorodu and don't go near there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by maclatunji: 12:36am On Aug 24, 2017
Does OP think she might be interested in marrying him? If yes, let him find a better location.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by tonguengineer(m): 12:42am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:
There is this neighbor of mine, hes a bachelor and lives on my street. Few houses from mine. Hes a nice man, has a reasonable job, hes responsible, and good looking in his late 30s. We greet each other, have small talks as friends. I know he likes me due to the way he gists with me, help me with my car like changing tyre if its flat in the wee hours of the morning before he heads to work. Infact hes a concerned neighbor.
But yesterday evening, as I came back from work, my phone was ringing nd I saw his number and picked. He said he would like to discuss something important and delicate. I said ok no probs. I will come over to your place, lemme freshen up first.

So fast forward, I knocked on his door he opened, and smiled nervously, I smiled back. He ushered me to his sitting room. So I was like John, whats up? Whats going on?
He sat close to me and was now going Into long story of how hes planning to move down to a serene area in ikorodu, he has gotten a three bedroom flat, all tiled amd spacious. I was like wow! So u are moving to ikorodu? Are u not scared with badoo and the killings there?

He laughed nervously he said ha! No badoo there again! Ikorodu is now safe. I said seriously? He said yes! And moreover he has already paid for the place.

He said noooo!

Then he knelt down and said alexia weve known each other for quite a while and i can say am comfortable with you around me. And u are exactly what i need in my life.
Pease will u marry me? Will u be my wife? Am ready to go see your people and do all the necessary marriage rites. And towards end of this year, we are married.

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

He felt so bad, I couldnt bear to see the hurt in his eyes. As I stood up, he said wait pls.. I said am coming.

Sighs

And even apart from danger? I feel the distance from where hes moving to and where my office @is just too long. Hold up alone eveyday will make me weary and tired

Mad u Neva give us the reason why u decline with that proposal

Because that excuse that u called reason doesn't worth it at all
Maybe u Neva love john
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by adanny01(m): 12:44am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

I like him cause of his sense of responsibility

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.
Thats one.. So inlove? Nope am not but I like him.. Hes a good responsible guy.

Sighs but my fear is ikorodu
With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.
And ikorodu is too fetish for my liking sad
With oro festivalsa and all

Then thieves abeg.

Where I live is very secured and safe

Am very paranoid about safety.
Due to past experience. Sighs

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

I think you were rude.

This is the fact, if he wants you and you want him back, Ikorodu is a choice.

If he made the mistake of proposing marriage with a clause of Ikorodu, that clause can be removed. Am sure if he really wants to marry you, he will forfiet the rent he paid and marry you.

You threw away a good and prospective hubby without weighing any options.

This is what i expected you to say, "John, any girl would love to marry a hardworker and caring man like you. I am no exception. I would give it a thought, however i donot like the idea of living in Ikorodu."

I expect him to be ok with the reply because it's neither here nor there. Next thing you do matters alot. Pay more visits, go on dates, cook, watch movies together and fall in love. Am sure he will be happy.

His proposal was out of the blues that I commend you for even considering it but do due diligence.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Lewaluv(f): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Op if he really loves you he will move to some where more suitable.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by tonguengineer(m): 12:57am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

My dear, hes not the only husband material on earth.

And yes, am fully aware am not getting younger..

But hello? I wont place myself in hell hole just because husband is scarce! cheesy

Ikorodu is no way!

And adamo as have confirmed few minutes ago is a no no for me

Thanks for your own concern.

I live in ikorodu and I can tell u adamo is a no go area because that is the haven of your worst fear(for both badoo,cult and rituals)

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 24, 2017
There has to be more to this story...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Mrlouis: 1:43am On Aug 24, 2017
This one don chop belleful . see jamb question

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by kennykendo(m): 2:58am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Have not thought about love with him, cos am in the school of thought that one shouldn't date neighbors, cos we dont know if it will end in marriage or breakup as usual.

With the killings going on there and the terrible traffic to and fro to my buisness, I can't risk both at all

First my biz? It took me 11years to keep it running, stable and successful. If am going to relocate my biz, not anywhere near ikorodu at all!

I can't afford to loose my company for anything in the whole world and I can't afford to move my biz to a location where it wil not prosper.

Then thieves abeg.

And on the second hand, I would love to start a family but not at the detriment of my peace of mind.
sad

I just taya.

so if a suitor from Abuja or outside Nigeria comes for you, your excuse will be your business?

secondly, are you really sure it is only badoo in ikorodu that is your problem or are you avoiding something else?

because your story is a bit...perplexing
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by 2016easy2017: 3:23am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

He said noooo!

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

Sighs

but u'v agreed to hisproposal. u only gave a reasonable condition.. but call him back n tell him u'll say yes, onlyif he can find a safer place
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Jazmiynne: 4:16am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So I made it clear to him, no dating.
So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

I pray he doesn't take it to heart I said no

If only he had consult me before taking such drastic steps!

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

If only he asked for my opinion!

A potential husband slipping off my hands. sad

Cos hes indeed a gentle man.

This your story is wawuu!

Both of you just sound like misplaced priorities.

He wants u in his life, has been doing good neighbor since, suddenly wakes up with no prior hint and decides to propose marriage to you shocked
Oh okay, you say he asked for dating first and you said no, u want marriage. You want the kinda marriage where you would soon open thread Herr telling us how you regret marrying? I think that sounded very desperate from you. Its okay to let the man know that if he's asking to date u, you ain't ghat time for playing around, it has to be as a lead-up to marriage. But whatever u said that made him propose marriage in the next breathe? Wawuu!

On ur part, your problem is not knowing this man that suddenly wants to marry you, or trying to see if your goals and values align. Your own headache is Ikorodu - a house he rented ni o. Wawuu! Did he tell u that his placenta is buried in the house? Or are you guys marrying tomorrow morning? This is a simple something. Discuss with him as someone who u could be spending ur life with (that already gives u a high stake in the conversation), explain calmly and respectfully why the marriage life cannot begin in Ikorodu. He can rent out the place and get another place. Personally, I won't leave in Ikorodu for free. Too much senrere in one place - traffic, long distance from work, flooding, badoo, rituals, all the bad things na there.

As for you saying you can marry a man you don't love... My sister go and ask married peolle questions let them tell you from experience. Do not subject your life to that torture! People who love each other face tribulations inside marriage, e come be u wey no even love the guy. Please, that love which you say would grow inside marriage, grow it first outside the marriage. Yes, love is overrated by loads of paparazzi and hog wash, but take it as truth - Love is VERY important for a happy marriage. When the gbege start, its the love and friendship founded on strong foundation that keeps the couple going.

I've read some posts here where you said "assuming he consulted you before making the move decision.."
Nne as at when that decision was made, u were his neighbor, plain and simple. You had no stake at all on his life decisions. Why would he seek your approval for his relocation plans? sad

Btw, if my brother's proposal got turned down because of a rented apartment he just got, he'd not marry her cos she obviously does not love him at all

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by wrongnumber: 4:58am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Moderators please close this thread.

Topic closed!!!!

Close this thread o.. Enough mumu full this place o!

Close thread!!!!!

On the contrary I think this thread lacks substance and it seems the story is fabricated so asking the mod to close the thread is unnecessary cos the thread was not front page worthy but should be under the joke section.

Who rejects a marriage proposal cos of a temporary place of residence? you could have said "yes I will but is it possible to get another....."

If every day starts to reject proposals from guys who live in ajah because of traffic congestion,lekki and VI because of flood,Ajegumle and okokomaiko because its ghetto...
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by WhoBeThisMan: 5:01am On Aug 24, 2017
I love in ikorodu, my dear where I stay with my wife and son is very safe and nice.

Trust me ikorodu is not that bad at all, it was only the recent badoo stuff that had died down now. But then again, if it's badoo you are scarred of, don't you think it could also easily spread to other part of Lagos? But trust me, it's has stopped.

Why don't you take your time to know this an, go and see the place he rented, make a better informed decision.

And by the way, where is your business located? It ay just be accessible by ferry which is way better than car. My wife works on the island, but she gets to work as early as 7am
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

Although he wanted us to date but I told him I dont do neighbor relationship, Infact street relationship I no do

And maybe he feels, am scared he will dump me after sexxx? Which is one paranoia I have as well. U know how guys are? After sexxx? They move on.
I don't want such to happen to me on the same street. I will just die of shame! God!

So he came up with marriage and he said I can ask people around, he's a good man and husband material.

My problem is ikorodu. I can marry a man am not in love with, as long as hes presentable, has a good job, and he cares for me and hes good, loving and faithful, I have no problem. With time I will fall in love. Love is overrated jare

It would have been a different story. I would have gladly say yes! And hang my boots on dating, just focus on making my new family work! And also understand him too.

Re: Am I Too Choosy? by greatman247(m): 5:26am On Aug 24, 2017
If you truly like him then give him a precise answer that you've accepted but you will not live or want him to live in Improving because of the excuse you gave. Cos girl are like that. If the man come go marry another woman now den go come see say he was bad, irrational, he jilted me. No you only succeeded in confusing him with your diplomatic answer.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by CeeManCollins(m): 5:39am On Aug 24, 2017
If he dates and dumps you you complain, now he came up with marriage proposal you quickly said no just because he is moving to an unsafe location. Instead of instantly saying no u didn't think it was best u say YES but on the condition that he gives room for dialogue, where you tell him that him that he has to reconsider another location other than Ikorodu which can be closer or central to where your places of work. Come to think of it, as neighbors you guys have already dated, you must not sleep each other before you know he is near or the best man for you. He only proposed and has not taking you to the altar. Believe me you guys know a lot about each other as neighbors aside not dating. He would not have propose to you if he saw men trooping in and out of your place, or different men coming to drop u off after sleeping with them at their places or hotels. My dear people dated years and ended not been married some who did some of their marriages didn't last though some did too. So find out what keeps a relationship going and make Urs work. There are no perfect men but I see u losing a would be husband because of Ikorodu. CeeMan
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by colbankz(m): 5:46am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Abi?

You are right on that.

truly u loved him but hiding yourfeelings under the guise that u've not dated him
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by claremont(m): 5:49am On Aug 24, 2017
The OP initially said she wouldn't marry the man because he has chosen to live in Ikorodu. A few weeks after that statement, the OP has now said that she has ''investigated'' the man and found out that he is married, apparently. I bet if the man had said he lived in Lekki, Ikeja etc, she wouldn't have bothered to do her so-called investigation. The actions of some ladies like the OP unwittingly reinforce the negative stereotype of a certain group of women. One thing is certain though, the clock is ticking. grin

alexialin:

Enough mumu full this place o!

Just look at the emboldened statement above credited to the OP, I honestly don't think any reasonable man would want to spend the rest of his life with this kind of person. The man in question dodged a bullet in my opinion. The OP is calling men who sacrificed their time here to respond to her post as daft, mumu etc, but she would rather listen to the views of the vast array of single, middle-aged frustrated women in this section of Nairaland telling her what she wants to hear. I say again, the man dodged a massive 7.62mm bullet here.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by bugativeron: 5:50am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

You caused it
that others are giving you wrong advice. You should amend your story to include the fact that you found out he is married. It isn't everybody that is reading every of your post cos of time.
Secondly one of the things that made a woman happy in marriage is if she lives where she is comfortable with. Don't compromise your quality of life because of marriage. You may be unhappy in it.
My wife was not happy in our marriage for first 5years because she didn't like where we were living at. And she never told me until we moved, and it made our lives terrible for that five years.

Cheers

I can't. Hes married and cunningly hid it from me

I want to keep living a peaceful and stress free life in nigeria, void of charms and assassins trailing me cos his wife is somewhere in Lagos, crying for justice without my knowledge.
I cant come and die because I want to marry.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Olujava(m): 6:26am On Aug 24, 2017
It's not compulsory d guy take u to ikorodu.. sit him down and tell him all these ikorodu phobias.. I think he can still collect his paid rent and rent a better place where d two of u agree on.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by MicroSweet(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

I love this. Safety first. You arent choosy but sincere. Try convincing him to forget the Ikorodu of a place. I'd do the same if I were you. I love my peace of mind
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by vicovico(m): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2017
You guys can be good friends first, before taking it to another level , you can be good friends with someone and the same time not being able to date that same person, the young man in question might be harmless but its left for you to find out that, then you guys can plan together, its a lady that is supposed to choose the location of her prospective home to avoid quarreling tomorrow, all the same, good luck
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by blacq2009(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Pls I need reasonable views and replies about this issue [/quote]
Why do you need our views again? So you can go accept his proposal? Ayam not understanding.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Topmaike007(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

I can't. Hes married and cunningly hid it from me

I want to keep living a peaceful and stress free life in nigeria, void of charms and assassins trailing me cos his wife is somewhere in Lagos, crying for justice without my knowledge.
I cant come and die because I want to marry.
aunty what type of story is dis one again oo?but u did nt include it in d first write up.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by pryme(m): 7:40am On Aug 24, 2017
Gist247:

You play relic run?

Finally... Someone. And yes me too I'm tired of Tibet lipsrsealed embarassed

Luckily the stage gives a lot of gems, I revive Lara a couple of times then I save the clues when I have almost collected all the clues.

I don end the game make I rest small.
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by crunchyg: 7:44am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

He said noooo!

I was like wait, wait!

Marry you? Ha!

Am sorry I cant cry

Sighs

Babe I took time to read your post and your comments in comment section, it was able to deduce that you are interested in settling down with this guy but your only concern is ikorodu, traffic, and distance. I as a person would have expected you to have pointed out to him there concerns when he asked you to marry him and see if there would be amendments, if he really deep interested in marrying he will compromise maybe in the area of changing his mind about the ikorodu area. So my opinion is talk to him about your concerns which you stated here, see how you guys can reach a compromise then accept his proposal. Don't allow what you can handle deprive you of what you want. Goodluck
Re: Am I Too Choosy? by Chukazu: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2017
alexialin:

Then thieves abeg.

sad

I just taya.

Firstly, have you been to Ikorodu or your paranoid is based on "hear say?"

If Ikorodu is too bad as you painted it, humans would never live there

Every thing you mention can be taken care of you can sit with him and find a solution

Why don't you visit the place to douse your fears?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Women Feel That Sex Is All A Guy Wants? / A Man must Either Drink, Smoke Or Womanise. / Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.