Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" (63064 Views)

Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals / "Buhari Should Withdraw Army From The East & Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone" - FFK / Biafra Supporters Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Residence In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by MikeBetty(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
Stop Contradicting Yourself. You lamented here that only 2 statesa was added to SW to make it 6 states, while 3states was created to SE to make it 5 states but your shallow mind forgot a SW state that would have make it 7 is in NW. IGBOs never for once rejected Deltans So Get Your Facts Streght.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SmartyPants(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
plaetton:

Mo.r.ons,
What happened to democracy and the rule of law ? shocked
What happened to the Nigerian constitution ?
What happened to freedom of speech or expression, and freedom of association ?
Yet, when people call Nigeria a Zoo or even worse, you feel insulted.

Kindly tell us what crime or crimes Nnamdi Kanu committed.
When, and in which other nation in the world is it a crime to be angry at the government or the system , or to speak angry words at those who rule, or against injustice and marginalization ?

What generation do we have in Nigeria where angry agitation against the government or system , an erstwhile very positive civic responsibility, is now scorned upon by the very people whose lives are most likely to be positively affected by the positive outcome of the struggle ?

Ask people in any advanced democratic nation.
The government must always fear the wrath of the people they people that they govern.

Sedition is a serious offence everywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by madridguy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
Where were you then when they're calling us unity begger? Al majiri and afonja?

Jacksparr0w1207:
You think It is funny? Read this Poem

NOT MY BUSINESS

They picked Akanni up one morning
Beat him soft like clay
And stuffed him down the belly
Of a waiting jeep.

What business of mine is it
So long they don’t take the yam
From my savouring mouth?

They came one night
Booted the whole house awake
And dragged Danladi out,
Then off to a lengthy absence.

From my savouring mouth?

Chinwe went to work one day
Only to find her job was gone:
No query, no warning, no probe –
Just one neat sack for a stainless record.

From my savouring mouth?

And then one evening
As I sat down to eat my yam
A knock on the door froze my hungry hand.

The jeep was waiting on my bewildered lawn
Waiting, waiting in its usual silence.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by plaetton: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
SmartyPants:

Sedition is a serious offence everywhere in the world.

Kindly define sedition for us.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Rexnegro(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:
Are you not aware that in 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states.
Today Igbo has five states and Yoruba has six states.

Are you not aware that Igbo has six senators in 1979 whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today they have fifteen senators whereas we have eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. Let us ask, who has been marginalized?

They will come to us that those Hausas are bad they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that yet they will go behind to form an alliance with them.
Strategically they have been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression. More slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

Are you aware that the land mass that makes up the five Eastern states is not up to old Oyo state yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business.

The idea of Geo-political Zone was mooted by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only Geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, Yorubas that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly afenifere in the likes of Yinka Odumakin, Sen. Adefuye. What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did Yorubas that attended the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development commission. Why don't we ask, to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them. Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war. Killing Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and some notable Yorubas.
Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing Progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war? Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me.

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not
Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_
well said bro
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by linusbnn(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:
Are you not aware that in 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states.

Are you not aware that Igbo has six senators in 1979 whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today they have fifteen senators whereas we have eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. Let us ask, who has been marginalized?

They will come to us that those Hausas are bad they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that yet they will go behind to form an alliance with them.
Strategically they have been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression. More slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

Are you aware that the land mass that makes up the five Eastern states is not up to old Oyo state yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business.

The idea of Geo-political Zone was mooted by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only Geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, Yorubas that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly afenifere in the likes of Yinka Odumakin, Sen. Adefuye. What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did Yorubas that attended the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development commission. Why don't we ask, to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them. Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war. Killing Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and some notable Yorubas.
Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing Progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war? Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me.

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not
Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_

Mumu write up. So igbos use muscle to take over spare parts business from yorubas and you could over your gutter to say it?. Yoruba has six states but the igbos has five,and you want the igbos to clap for you because of your dirty arithmetic and geometric calculations?. You need a better functional brain.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SmartyPants(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
plaetton:

Kindly define sedition for us.

Simple definition:

incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

- Merriam Webster Dictionary

Legal definition (according to Section 50 of the Criminal Code Act of Nigeria):

NB: Take note of the bolded.

(2) A "seditious intention" is an intention-
(a) to bring into hatred or contempt or excite disaffection against the person of the President or
of the Governor of a State or the Government of the Federation; or
(b) to excite the citizens or other inhabitants of Nigeria to attempt to procure the alteration,
otherwise than by lawful means, of any other matter in Nigeria as by law established; or
(c) to raise discontent or disaffection amongst the citizens or other inhabitants of Nigeria;

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Abduljabbar1313(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
Ď[quote author=leviaka post=60420408][/quote]
All these grammar you are saying will not work in this situation. I myself as a young lawyer based in Kano. I know and Falana also knows that there's difference between law in books and law in action.
If you are talking of due process, you should advice that idiot called cownu the implications of succession under the constitution of FRN.
We will not listen to you, you are bias in your write-up,
We Northerners are in support of the operation python dance 11 and that idiot and Biafra leader must dance to it, period!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by GenAnsahCinC: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
I have been a silent reader on Nairaland but I had to register just to tell how disappointed I am with Buhari and the military. I have traveled far and wide and I tell you that it's very hard to see military men(in uniforms) in other countries. I traveled to the US last year and I didn't see a single soldier throughout my stay. I only saw soldiers on TV but never did I see them on the streets.

It's totally unacceptable and unconstitutional of the Nigerian Army to invade civilian areas in a show of force. You don't intimidate civilian populace with weapons, especially in an area where the tension is high. It's complete terrorism on the part of the Army and I would like to advise them to stop whatever they are doing. The police should be deployed in cases like this.

It's just like a lion threatening to eat a rat and then few weeks later the lion comes closer to the rats house all in the name of "Show of force". Don't you think the rat would attack the lion just to gurrantee its safety? Don't you think the rat has reasons to attack first because of fear? This provocation by the Nigerian Army should stop, this Biafran issue should not be escalated further. The military should leave the court to decide Kanu's fate, they cannot take laws into their own hands.

I am not a Biafran supporter in anyway. All reasonable Nigerians should be against this madness. If we don't condemn the Nigerian military now, they will do this over and over again with impunity and you wouldn't know when it's going to be your turn. You might praise the army and condemn the Igbos now, but remember that we live in a world of karma.

I agree with Falana and all Nigerians APC or PDP should do the same..
Is it only in Buhari tenure that you see Nigerian military paraded the streets in uniform?
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Pythondancef: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
ElsonMorali:

It's always better to remain silent than reveal your ignorance.

What do you mean by you video by punishment people for what they say?

Anu e o shey mi. Ayam Sorry for you. No go try am o. Otherwise your prison sentence go long well well. Why don't you enter a plane and start discussing in a loud voice about the bomb you intend to set off and let's see If you'll sleep in your house that day. Iranu. Ignorant people running amok online.
Freedom of thought and (Expression). You are the ignorant person here. And yes, I rushed into making that comment. There are situations when what you say might put you into trouble, but that's not the case.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by galaxy2020(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
.....and a dull one for that matter.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by AlanSugar(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
ABIODUNOLAOPA1:

The same way you will not see Americans misbehaving d way some irresponsible citizen behave in Nigeria. In America, d police kill blacks regularly due to irresponsible conduct. American government will not fold their arm and watch IPOB go d extent they've gone were they in America. Stop trying to look like you are civilised and condemn evil. Femi Falana will turn around and blame d president when d idiot plunges d country into crisis.
Well spoken bro, don't mind that wannabe fool whose only intent on that silly post was to mention going to America. Rubbish.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by famzynet: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
What does Buhari expect when he disregards the constitution. The name Buhari is a curse. Walahi. That man is not fit to be a classroom monitor let alone a president of a country. No wonder IPOB call Nigeria a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by oluwazoba: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:

Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_
look at rubbish this idiot is writing, am a yoruba but I don't like the way we are treating Igbos, if you don't know what to say shaaaaarrap or go and sleep, ode oloshi oniranu.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by ElsonMorali: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
Freedom of thought and (Expression). You are the ignorant person here.

There may be freedom of expression as long as it doesn't threaten or disrupt the peace of the society. Why do you think America has plants in every mosque in the U.S?

Come on guy, you should know better. There's nothing like absolute freedom anywhere.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by maximilano: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
IgboSubmarine:
The Mr 97% and 5% President has killed One Nigeria
There has never been one Nigeria, the public display of animosity between tribes has just increased thats all.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by tsdarkside(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
it will make the ipobians think they won....and they will dare more...thats a very bad idea.....

their goal is to get biafra in nigeria not be with you in peace...igbos hate other tribes.......

thats the fault of cownunu and radio biafra.....their heads is filled with lies against other tribes...
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by AlanSugar(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
kernel505:

What's wrong if a people demands for secession against restructuring? Where they not 28 member states in Europe, when United Kingdom opted out? That's the will of the people, it doesn't amount to a fight.

It doesn't amount to a fight then why are you equipping yourselves with weapons and forming an army known as biafra bullshit secret service? Is that not treason, does the police deal with treason? Falana is a very big fool!
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by victorDanladi: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Let me save this thread till the day the ingrates called IGBO will come back here to abuse femi falana like they did to wole soyinka.

well,this is not the first time they will be calling him noisemaker.

Every time we will always have a voice from the tribe the ingrates called cowards defending them like wole soyinka they later called mad professor did during the civil war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by 989900: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Jaiyeola24:
NNAMDI KANU HAS GIVEN ME REASONS TO SAY "THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUHARI"

You can't send police officers to quench a quasi-military camp, which is maintained by Nnamdi Kanu, who has aggressively vowed to tear apart a sovereign nation, Nigeria. Kanu made a serious mistake by parading a ragtag army; especially when you have a former General as the president, that was disrespectful.

I lived in Nigeria for more than two decades, Nigerian soldiers don't like to be disrespected; in fact, from working with soldiers in the United States (Michigan National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters), I can tell you that, generally, soldiers don't like to be disrespected.

If someone, a civilian for that matter, maintains and parades militants (wearing a military uniform), he should not expect the government to roll in with police officers and patrol vans; he should reasonably expect army tanks.

Pursuant to the 1949 Geneva Conventions Article 3, your status changes once you start wearing an army uniform, for you have become an enemy combatant: A recognized army (the Nigerian Army, in this case) can use force to neutralize you and your fellow militants.

Let’s gaze into history here: When the 1791 "Whiskey Rebellion" happened in the United States, spearheaded by some civilians, President George Washington did not send in police officers, he brought in military tanks to quench the rebellion.

In the United States, when violence escalates, a governor, pursuant to Title 32 of the United States Code, can summon the army and their tanks to the street (didn’t you watch CNN at the height of the “Black Lives Matter movement;” didn’t you see numerous armoured personnel carrier (APC) on the street)?

Let's stop pretentiously invoking the violation of the rule of law, especially if you don't understand the rule of law and the rule of engagement. A military incursion, or rolling of tanks, into a street, in order to clear the illusion of outlaws, like Nnamdi and his cohorts, is not a violation of the rule of law, but an enforcement of the rule of law.

If Kanu is scared of a small deployment of soldiers, will he chicken out when battalions are deployed? To his supporters, we told you this: secession is not won on Facebook. Continue arguing about the violation of the rule. Listen, when hostility begins, the rule of law is suspended or amended. I hope we won't get there. Start listening.

Please, feel free to share!
Spot on!
I wrote this!
Kudos!
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by augustine: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:

Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_
Words of an ignoramus with arrested intelligence/development.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by plaetton: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
SmartyPants:

Thank you very much.

A reminder that sedition as a crime first appeared in the Elizabethan era, in the eras of absolute monarchy, where monarchs enjoyed the divine right over life and death, as obviously a means to maintain their monopoly of power and checkmate public dissent.

Now, in the modern era, sedition is a favorite tool amongst the world's most brutal tyrants and dictators.
We hardly ever hear the words sedition in a modern democratic state.

Sedition , by definition, if and when applied liberally today, would inevitably ensnare nearly all journalists, all opposition parties, all trade unions, all political activists, all environmental activists, most online commentators like you and I.

In fact, president Buhari himself, as well as El Rufai, Lai Mohammed, and many members of the APC who spoke against and organized strikes and civil disobedience against the former government of the PDP.
For good example, " A war against book haram is a war against the North", The speech about " soaking the blood of dogs and Baboons " , the one about " making Nigeria ungovernable " ( which inspired the murdering of NYSC youths ) could very well be construed as a seditious speech if the last administration was desperate for scapegoating .

Are you getting my drift ?.
Only desperate tyrants invoke the "sedition" bogey to silence opposition.

In a democracy, every single individual is entitled to free speech, that includes angry speech at the incompetence , excesses or injustice of the current government or system.

In fact, Nigerians have been soooo docile and cowed for sooooo long, that we have even forgotten that it is our CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY to express anger, if and when necessary at the government, and agitate for a change.

Nnamdi Kanu appears strange to most of you, simply because you don't even know that what he is doing can be done.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by kjhova(m): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
I have been a silent reader on Nairaland but I had to register just to tell how disappointed I am with Buhari and the military. I have traveled far and wide and I tell you that it's very hard to see military men(in uniforms) in other countries. I traveled to the US last year and I didn't see a single soldier throughout my stay. I only saw soldiers on TV but never did I see them on the streets.

It's totally unacceptable and unconstitutional of the Nigerian Army to invade civilian areas in a show of force. You don't intimidate civilian populace with weapons, especially in an area where the tension is high. It's complete terrorism on the part of the Army and I would like to advise them to stop whatever they are doing. The police should be deployed in cases like this.

It's just like a lion threatening to eat a rat and then few weeks later the lion comes closer to the rats house all in the name of "Show of force". Don't you think the rat would attack the lion just to gurrantee its safety? Don't you think the rat has reasons to attack first because of fear? This provocation by the Nigerian Army should stop, this Biafran issue should not be escalated further. The military should leave the court to decide Kanu's fate, they cannot take laws into their own hands.

I am not a Biafran supporter in anyway. All reasonable Nigerians should be against this madness. If we don't condemn the Nigerian military now, they will do this over and over again with impunity and you wouldn't know when it's going to be your turn. You might praise the army and condemn the Igbos now, but remember that we live in a world of karma.

Dear @pythondancef, your comment is fair although it didn't escape betraying your 1% swing to the side of IPOB.

Why do I spot this swing? It is in the facts of the following from your post:

I traveled to the US last year and I didn't see a single soldier throughout my stay.

I visited my folks severally in Ota last year and guess what, I didn't see a single damn soldier! You know why? Cause there is no seccesion attempt going on there. No government throws the army out except there is a grave threat. During the Tsanaev brothers' bombing of the Boston Marathon, US National Guard, Homeland Security, Army and FBI were all over the State of Massachusset like flies over carcass. There is a reason (right or wrong) why soldiers are all over Abia.

If we don't condemn the Nigerian military now, they will do this over and over again with impunity and you wouldn't know when it's going to be your turn.

Up until I saw this comment, I haven't heard one single person praise the army. My take is that anyone who condemns the army more than they have ever condemned IPOB is not a patriot. Both sides are equally guilty and as we dish out criticism to the army, we must find some space in the same mouth to reiterate that IPOB is a rogue outfit and must be dealt with, albeit without recourse to lawlessness.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SmartyPants(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
plaetton:

Thank you very much.

A reminder that sedition as a crime first appeared in the Elizabethan era, in the eras of absolute monarchy, where monarchs enjoyed the divine right over life and death, as obviously a means to maintain their monopoly of power and checkmate public dissent.

Now, in the modern era, sedition is a favorite tool amongst the world's most brutal tyrants and dictators.
We hardly ever hear the words sedition in a modern democratic state.

Sedition , by definition, if and when applied liberally today, would inevitably ensnare nearly all journalists, all opposition parties, all trade unions, all political activists, all environmental activists, most online commentators like you and I.

In fact, president Buhari himself, as well as El Rufai, Lai Mohammed, and many members of the APC who spoke against and organized strikes and civil disobedience against the former government of the PDP.
For good example, " A war against book haram is a war against the North", The speech about " soaking the blood of dogs and Baboons " , the one about " making Nigeria ungovernable " ( which inspired the murdering of NYSC youths ) could very well be construed as a seditious speech if the last administration was desperate for scapegoating .

Are you getting my drift ?.
Only desperate tyrants invoke the "sedition" bogey to silence opposition.

In a democracy, every single individual is entitled to free speech, that includes angry speech at the incompetence , excesses or injustice of the current government or system.

In fact, Nigerians have been soooo docile and cowed for sooooo long, that we have even forgotten that it is our CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY to express anger, if and when necessary at the government, and agitate for a change.

Nnamdi Kanu appears strange to most of you, simply because you don't even know that what he is doing can be done.

Sedition must contain the necessary element of incitement towards an unlawful action. The instances you quote do not meet the threshold.

Whether or not Nigeria's sedition laws are in keeping with the times is really not the issue at the moment. Secondly, no state democratic or otherwise would allow a person to canvass for the virtual dissolution of that state. Nowhere, anywhere is this allowed!

Expressing anger and asking people to engage in actions targeted towards the achievement of unlawful goals are entirely different things.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by ensamy(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2017
SmartyPants:

Simple definition:

Legal definition (according to Section 50 of the Criminal Code Act of Nigeria):

NB: Take note of the bolded.

(2) A "seditious intention" is an intention-
(a) to bring into hatred or contempt or excite disaffection against the person of the President or
of the Governor of a State or the Government of the Federation; or
(b) to excite the citizens or other inhabitants of Nigeria to attempt to procure the alteration,
otherwise than by lawful means, of any other matter in Nigeria as by law established; or
(c) to raise discontent or disaffection amongst the citizens or other inhabitants of Nigeria;
If your definition is right, then Buhari should have been behind bars for the inciting statements he made before and after he lost 2011 election that led to the brutal killings of innocent southerners in the north, thesame people he was to rule as President
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Daviddson(m): 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
See who's talking. Watin you sabi? Even your papa sef no fit clean Falana shoe.
See you, so you just registered today and you're already throwing tirades?
FYI, the soldiers were not originally sent to Kanu. Why should IPOB hurl stones at their procession?

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SmartyPants(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
ensamy:

If your definition is right, then Buhari should have been behind bars for the inciting statements he made before and after he lost 2011 election that led to the brutal killings of innocent southerners in the north, thesame people he was to rule as President

i'm not here to show any support for Buhari so lets not get into that.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by ensamy(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
Buhari thinks that the 'our mumu don do' group that held an overnight vigil that eventually drove him back to Nigeria, were ibos. So it's time for him to retaliate. hmmmm
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by WORLDPEACE(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
Buhari is a terrorist
If he were a terrorist it would have been better. Some terrorists are very intelligent people. He is a man with no intelligence surrounded by his kind. This kind of a person has no business being even a councillor
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by fof1: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:

Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_

STUPIDITY AND FOOLISHNESS ARE RESIDENT IN D HEART OF INGRATES.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Akolawole(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:

1) What is your advice to IPOB members too ?

2) Why are we blaming Buhari when Nnamdi Kanu told us few weeks ago that returned Buhari is not the real Buhari?
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Obec70(m): 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
Did any one wacth a film title DOG'S OF WAR, that's what is loafing in this entity called Nigeria their is fire on the mountain! This government lacks Democratic tendencies, haba were did they learn it from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Slay Queen Rocks Bum Shorts And PMB 2019 Cap, Dances To Support Buhari. Reaction / Osun Election: Davido Reacts To Ademola Adeleke's Victory At Tribunal / What Ajay Ajimobi Ordered For Vs What She Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.