Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (22037 Views)

What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
rileest:
The Ignorance on this thread is almost alarming or I should rather say the lack of doing a little research before jumping to conclusion on a topic. Aregbesola has been running a multi religion government since he came into power so, this holiday is not a new thing. He even have a day set aside every year to commemorate traditional religion and just like this; that day is also a public holiday every year in Osun state, does that mean he also wants to turn the state to a traditional religion state??

you dey mind them? the purpose of this thread is to cause the mayhem that happened in abia to happen in Yoruba land. Read in between the lines and you will see their true mission. Igbo folks claiming to be yoruba just to cause mayhem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Xbee007:

No it is not! The only problem is the increasing number of dumb Islamophobs. Just like the number of dumb tribalistic bigots are increasing. Things that we didn't take as threat then we are seeing as big problems now because of hate that has been eating deep into us.
I don't know the kind of preaching you guys get in your churches nowadays but most tribalists on NL are Christians. Una go pray side by side for church as if all is well only to come on NL after Sunday service to yab una self

It is time to drop the political correctness hence we lose our right to practice our faith in peace. Can't you see what is happening all over the world? If not for Donald Trump and Israel, the ISIS would have done greater damage to Christians all over the world.

Christians just need to wake up and be proactive. No more sitting on the fence. If the Americans can stand up and act, what is wrong with our evangelicals over here?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Xbee007:

Don't worry the ethnic cleansing you preach is coming for you and everything you hold dear. Continue

The Budhist had been using dialogue and restraint on you muslims.

It will take massive levels of sh!t-trolling to p!ss Budhists off.

Congrats for being the world's assh0les

1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:

you dey mind them? the purpose of this thread is to cause the mayhem that happened in abia to happen in Yoruba land. Read in between the lines and you will see their true mission. Igbo folks claiming to be yoruba just to cause mayhem

Goke is a simpleton who will rather bury his head in the sand than face realities. Oponu ati Opuro jati jati! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Goke is a simpleton who will rather bury his head in the sand than face realities. Oponu ati Opuro jati jati! undecided

Guy, give it a rest...

The very people you think you want to educate and set free are the very people who will fight to remain slaves.

What you are witnessing is not normal.

It is a delusion ordained from Heaven to make the people more stupid so that their emasculation will be easier.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

The Budhist had been using dialogue and restraint on you muslims.

It will take massive levels of sh!t-trolling to p!ss Budhists off.

Congrats for being the world's assh0les
You won't sleep well if you see videos of Buddhists using "dialogue" and "restraint' on their fellow human.
The Buddhist whom you lick their balls are bloody fanatics. The only difference they have from Islamic terror groups is that they are openly backed by state actors.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by pmc01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
is new year a religious holiday? That's the question

It has religious origins, that's the point

That it has been stylishly made a general event like the Christmas is one of those deceits.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by UsySanusi(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Some people here are displaying height of hypocrisy and ignorance. No one complained when FG declared good friday and easter monday.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

Guy, give it a rest...

The very people you think you want to educate and set free are the very people who will fight to remain slaves.

It is a delusion ordained from Heaven to make the people more stupid so that their emasculation will be easier.

I am learning the hard way but peace shall prevail in yorubaland. Aregbesola may will it but Christians would not be relegated in yorubaland. Thanks.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

this igbo man stop lying nah grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by activistjohnny(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
Walelavender:

Take out Kwara. For Osun Lagos Oyo and Ogun; its either you have the Governor as Muslim and deputy a Christian or vice versa. Equally divided. There was a time in the same Osun State where the Governor and the deputy were Christians; Olagunsoye and Erelu Obada respectively. Aregbe is only playing politics with religion in Osun state. He's too small to carry out such an agenda
each and everyone are really tired of him. He has turned the state to its personal estate. I strongly believe the next governor from PDP will scrap that rubbish holiday. His second term is disastrous.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FA13(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
efighter:

But Easter holiday, Xmas holiday and New Year holiday are not means of Christianizing Nigeria. I think you need your brain examined.

So you don't have I'd fitri and ramadan holiday? This is a secular state. Stop being unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:

this igbo man stop lying nah grin

Let's forget about insults for now and let the thread die a natural death. Mo bee ni...please
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by YUSUFAALIKALI(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
WE ARE THE PEACE MAKKER
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Let's forget about insults for now and let the thread die a natural death. Mo bee ni...please

after calling me oponu and simpleton abi? I will encourage you to open more threads and call me more names you hear

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I am learning the hard way but peace shall prevail in yorubaland. Aregbesola may will it but Christians would not be relegated in yorubaland. Thanks.

you need the peace more in your igboland pls point of correction. Stop denying where you come from

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

We need to be careful in SS and SE, I thought this was a joke but the shit is real. SW is almost islamized.

Good you know. tell your people to start packing their baggage and leave SW. because you hate Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by kingsmaila(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Happy New Year 1439 Muslims. May Allah grant all our Heart desires this year as HE turns our dreams into reality.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
al dis is just to gain cheap political points. .Sun state governor, u r owing workers . .how do u want them to celebrate? this country n public holiday. .soon they will Declare holiday for the holy prophet wife and her mum birthday if they remember. .n aija self I tire
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by activistjohnny(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
RALPHOW:
Aregbesola is the greatest Tragedy and Regret of Osun State. He has put the state into years of unreasonable debt with nothing to show for it.
Osun people can not wait for 2018 for God almighty Deliverance from this prison.
amen ooo. Hmmmm.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by kingsmaila(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
January to December are names of Idols if you do not know. We believe and use the Lunar months/year so whats your problem with that?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by clems88(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
efighter:

But Easter holiday, Xmas holiday and New Year holiday are not means of Christianizing Nigeria. I think you need your brain examined.
you must be sick . how many time does federal govt declare hols for Muslims undecided Muslim do numerous eid kabir in a year and you are mentioning easter , new year and Christmas . apart from the christian festivities I mention tell me another one that hols has been declared for .

Yeye fowl . better check your famented brain before you quote someone

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by cremeboy: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Interesting...Kano and osun gone..more to follow..This is how it starts,one after another untill the much acclaimed and denied islamisation takes place..

SE and SS should be alert before its too late..SW is half gone with the caliphate already afterall the Christians there say they are one with their muslim counter-parts in all they say or do
Pls STFU as long as you are not from the SW or north.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by OBAGADAFFI: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

Guy, give it a rest...

They remind me of the characters in, The Allegory of caveman by Pluto.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by nwaUrasi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
FriendNG:

Of course you're right. Good Friday And Easter Monday holidays are more important.

how on earth did you just concluded am a Christian?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by clems88(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
kingsmaila:
January to December are names of Idols if you do not know. We believe and use the Lunar months/year so whats your problem with that?
angry

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by activistjohnny(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:
state holidays are not recognized by the private sector, all states except where it is declared and FG agencies so what's the fuss here?

some states even declare 3 pubic holidays to mourn the loss of their hero. some SW states still observe June 12 so what's our problem even ipob declare holidays on behalf of their state governors and no one breaks anybody's head here

Only religious bigots are wailing as usual, awon were!
this is a big fat lie here. All the banks are closed for that stupid holiday. You can't eat your cake and have it. I think his government will be judge in the next year gubernatorial election. We all know the antecedent of june12 election. This islamic year holiday he declared is total rubbish. This is not the way to improve on the IGR of the state. If you don't know osun state is one of the indebted state in NIGERIA. He's even borrowing money to pay salaries not to talk of lautech lecturers that has been owned for 12 months. Ogbeni second term is disastrous.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Ttipsy(f): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
oya Christians, it's time to have your own calendar, brb...
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Pacino234(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Even Oyo
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Emassive(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
No bank in Oyo state is open as I type today.. shame really

Ngokafor:

Interesting...Kano and osun gone..more to follow..This is how it starts,one after another untill the much acclaimed and denied islamisation takes place..

SE and SS should be alert before its too late..SW is half gone with the caliphate already afterall the Christians there say they are one with their muslim counter-parts in all they say or do
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Emassive(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Public holiday in Oyo state? Which holiday is that?

Yes there is. No bank is open here or govt school
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
activistjohnny:
this is a big fat lie here. All the banks are closed for that stupid holiday. You can't eat your cake and have it. I think his government will be judge in the next year gubernatorial election. We all know the antecedent of june12 election. This islamic year holiday he declared is total rubbish. This is not the way to improve on the IGR of the state. If you don't know osun state is one of the indebted state in NIGERIA. He's even borrowing money to pay salaries not to talk of lautech lecturers that has been owned for 12 months. Ogbeni second term is disastrous.

are we talking election here, pls carry your politics go one side

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akpabio: "I Regret Imposing Udom Emmanuel On Akwa Ibom As Governor" / Emmanuel Ukpong-Udo Appoints 50 Aides / Boko Haram Governor: Don’t Sweep Mailafia’s Allegations Under The Carpet - ACF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.