Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (22017 Views)

What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by IJOBA2: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Xbee007:

You won't sleep well if you see videos of Buddhists using "dialogue" and "restraint' on their fellow human.
The Buddhist whom you lick their balls are bloody fanatics. The only difference they have from Islamic terror groups is that they are openly backed by state actors.

SOMEONE MADE MENTION ABOUT HOW THE UNITED NATIONS FAILED TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES AFFECTING CHRISTIANS AND THE KILLING OF IPOB YOUTHS IN ONE OF THE THREAD AND I SAID THIS

THEY ACTUALLY PREFER TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUSLIMS ARE BEING MASSACRED IN MYANMAR THAN BRINGING UP ANYTHING ISSUE THAT CONCERNS CHRISTIANS OR IPOB... REMEMBER THAT FAILURE TO DISCUSS ABOUT HOW PALESTINIANS ARE SUFFERING AND HOW ROHINGYA MUSLIMS ARE BEING MASSACRED ON A DAILY BASIS WILL AMOUNT TO ISLAMOPHOBIA. ANY ISSUE RAISED ABOUT HOW ISLAMIC TERRORIST ARE KILLING CHRISTIANS WILL BE TERMED A HATE SPEECH

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by deomelo: 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Is new year a religious holiday?

Christmas, Good Friday and Easter are declared religious holidays.

Common Easter gets 2 days.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by IJOBA2: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

They remind me of the characters in, The Allegory of caveman by Pluto.
ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE BY PLATO YOU MEAN
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
Who busted him? When.?it's a pity when yoruba Christians speak out, they are termed Igbos. That why they have chosen to remain head bowed.
Why will Alcatraz deny his tribal identity? So that what will happen? Abeg keep quiet if you have nothing to say.

abeg spare me jor, some of us who have been engaging with alcatraz for some time know who he really is.

And for your information, there is no group called yoruba christians, it is the making of pained igbos who want division in yoruba land which will never happen ok? no true yoruba abuse and rained insults on his fellow yorubas for political purposes, not part of our culture. we know how to sort our issues out of the public political space and we don't pay religion there.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
Cause mayhem ke. SMH. You don't have any argument.yoruba muslims clinging to straws because their Christian brethren have chosen to speak out.
Stop calling Igbos on this thread. Go and sleep if you are short of words.

nothing like yoruba muslims pls, go back to your python infested land of the jews grin

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Osashalom: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is also part of the Islamic agenda in Nigeria, but as the Lord lives, it won't work. States augth to be circular..
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yorubaland is gone. I would rather be a 4th class citizen in Europe than live in an Islamic society. I love my tribe but we lost it with the 2015 elections. We were deceived in the millions.
Religious bigotry has blocked your sense of reasoning. Do you think Europeans are mad because of religion like you. They will even prefer a Muslim to you. mumu

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
Nobody is packing anywhere. Do your worst.
Yoruba land is 65%christian.they only need to be more visible and audible.

no. we are all converting to Muslims so ipigs can leave our land.

Alcatraz and coloneldrake are packing already. what are you and your fellow osus waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
IJOBA2:
BIBIDEAR WILL SOON CALL FOR YOUR HEAD
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Cyynthia:

I wish my fellow Yoruba Christians can read the hand writing on the wall.
Honestly I am tired of educating them. If you try to educate them, those Muslims will start crying on my mentions by telling me that Yoruba is Yoruba.

No problem, the clock is ticking so fast.
In what ways will this stop you from practising your own religion? abi you don't want others to practice their faith?

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
Michael004:
Not all yorubaland, count ondo, ekiti n Lagos out. Such poo holiday can't be declared in those states, especially in ondo and ekiti where 75% are Christians.
Do not let religion destroy your life. Whether 75% or 100% are they Christians in its real meaning? Does God love those States more than others where those who practice that religion are very few. Even you, do you think Jesus will give you special favour over other people simply because you practice Christian religion.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Coolgent(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
FRIDAY 22/9/2017 TO BE A PUBLIC HOLIDAY TO COMMEMORATE ISLAMIC NEW YEAR 1439AH IN SOKOTO'..... !!

From Imam Imam

Sokoto declares Friday September 22, 2017 public holiday to commemorate Islamic New Year, Muharram 1439AH

Sokoto State Government has declared Friday, September 22, 2017 as public holiday to commemorate the Islamic New Year 1439.

This is contained in a statement issued to journalists in Sokoto by Malam Imam Imam, the spokesman to Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

"The government enjoins the people to use the period of the holiday to pray for the nation and especially for President Muhammadu Buhari.

"This period of the Islamic New Year should remind all people of the countless favours bestowed on them by the Almighty God. As such, the people are enjoined to intensify prayers and engage in acts that will solidify the unity of the nation.

"On a personal level, the government urges all Nigerians to show care, and to love one another. The recent tension in some parts of the country occasioned by activities of some youths should not deter us from caring for one another," the statement added.

While wishing all Nigerians, especially the Muslim faithful a happy and peaceful New Year, the statement assured the people of government's determination to find lasting solutions to the challenges confronting the state.

It equally urged the people to continue with their support for all government policies and programs....

https://twitter.com/CmrdHussaini/status/910823200723996673?s=08
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Coolgent(m): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

Exactly!!!...but i never laughed but took them seriious cos i have dealt with muslims and know what their plans,impression and mindset about Christians are.
Potential terrorist!

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

Count Ondo and Ekiti states out of that islamization ish cos Muslims in those states are very minute. Didn't you see how the Muslim union were crying all over the media of being marginalized in Ondo state during the last elections as the candidates for Governor and Deputy governor in the major parties-APC and PDP were all Christians. This is not the same for Oyo, Osun and Kwara states particularly (Kwara is even worse).
Tell me what benefit will you get from this now

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
cstr1000:

Kwara belongs to the north.
Don't re-draw Nigeria's borders.
once it is in the north, it means it cant be a Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Heavance(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Those in support of this, my only question is, is today 21 sept 2018, as it is new year?
Or is it still 21 sept 2017?

Since they declared public holiday, then I see no reason why business should not open if 1 Jan 2018 doesn't fall on sat/sun.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by cstr1000: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
omoelerin1:
once it is in the north, it means it cant be a Yoruba land?
How do you intend to get it back?
It is gone and gone forever.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by leepest(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
Some guyz are funny, So The Gregorian Calendar u are using is it not for Christians?? and also when there is New year, Holiday is given, Why is it that muslims dnt complain?? is it our Calender?? we have no Bussiness with that Common, this is democracy, we use your calender and keep mute, why is it that when we use our calenders u wil compalin, so we should keep using Christians calender?? Una well done oo... Mwstwww
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
cstr1000:

How do you intend to get it back?
It is gone and gone forever.
Yoruba is not restricted to south west alone. that is an advantage in itself.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by cstr1000: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
omoelerin1:
Yoruba is not restricted to south west alone. that is an advantage in itself.
Nobody is restricted anywhere.
The three major ethnic groups are not restricted to their established regions. Getting the rest is the problem.
Atleast for Igbos, igboland outside the south-east are controlled by other Igboid groups anyway, though some prefer their tribal independence.
In the case of kwara, the Fulani controls it. How do you intend to beat them to it?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
cstr1000:

Nobody is restricted anywhere.
The three major ethnic groups are not restricted to their established regions. Getting the rest is the problem.
Atleast for Igbos, igboland outside the south-east are controlled by other Igboid groups anyway, though some prefer their tribal independence.
In the case of kwara, the Fulani controls it. How do you intend to beat them to it?
have you been to kwara?

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by cstr1000: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
omoelerin1:
have you been to kwara?
wetin wan carry me go there?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by omoelerin1: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
cstr1000:

wetin wan carry me go there?
I see. I can't take you serious again because you don't have understanding of what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dabeto: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
Any time you date and sign a cheque, you acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. Any time you use that Gregorian calendar you acknowledge the lordship of Christ over your life. Take note.
Islam will continue to struggle for relevant through violent and deceit . They are making some progress thou.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Raheemzee(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Going for easter break is right but an Islam new year break isn't, kwo? You guys need to overcome this insecurity issues you have when it comes to Islam...it's really making you xtians look stupid already.. Yesterday it was "CAN worn" crying against the non interest bearing bank today it's this,haba!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Raheemzee(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
dabeto:
Any time you date and sign a cheque, you acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. Any time you use that Gregorian calendar you acknowledge the lordship of Christ over your life. Take note.
Islam will continue to struggle for relevant through violent and deceit . They are making some progress thou.
lol...frustration!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
IJOBA2:

SOMEONE MADE MENTION ABOUT HOW THE UNITED NATIONS FAILED TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES AFFECTING CHRISTIANS AND THE KILLING OF IPOB YOUTHS IN ONE OF THE THREAD AND I SAID THIS

THEY ACTUALLY PREFER TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUSLIMS ARE BEING MASSACRED IN MYANMAR THAN BRINGING UP ANYTHING ISSUE THAT CONCERNS CHRISTIANS OR IPOB... REMEMBER THAT FAILURE TO DISCUSS ABOUT HOW PALESTINIANS ARE SUFFERING AND HOW ROHINGYA MUSLIMS ARE BEING MASSACRED ON A DAILY BASIS WILL AMOUNT TO ISLAMOPHOBIA. ANY ISSUE RAISED ABOUT HOW ISLAMIC TERRORIST ARE KILLING CHRISTIANS WILL BE TERMED A HATE SPEECH
Aren't all human hypocrite? Did Trump in his fiery speech talk about the senseless killing of blacks by trigger happy police officers? Did he make mention of the Californians seeking secession from USA?
Did Benjamin Netanyahu mentioned how Palestinians are denied access to clean water? Meanwhile, sewage path of used water and poos are channeled through their door steps (it's like denying someone food and pooping in front of their houses after eating). Well let's all say world leaders say whatever that will promote their interest in the face of the world. Even As sun kyi, Myanmarr president, never mentioned about the plight of Rohyngas.
So aren't all world leader hypocrite? Hecj aren't all human hypocrite? You are here on NL wasting your life hating on Muslims and I am sure you have Muslim friends. Will you happily and willingly show them your moniker and allow them go through your islamophobic posts? Hmmm?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Milestones: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
MY GOVERNOR IS A STUPID GOVERNOR, OSUN HAS NEVER HAD IT SO BAD. WHO DID THIS TO THE PEOPLE OF OSUN. WHO BROUGHT RELIGION THUS FAR IN OUR STATE.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Myde4naija(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
dealslip:

You are a Muslim so you will continue to vomit the poo they teach you. Christians are followers of Christ, Christ was born in Israel and was never in Rome. BTW there is nothing called Christianity of today. Once a follower of Christ always a follower.
I don't need to argue with u, when you engage other denominations about xtian faith then the xtianity reality will be clearer to you.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Milestones:
MY GOVERNOR IS A STUPID GOVERNOR, OSUN HAS NEVER HAD IT SO BAD. WHO DID THIS TO THE PEOPLE OF OSUN. WHO BROUGHT RELIGION THUS FAR IN OUR STATE.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/osun-govt-declares-monday-work-free-celebrate-isese-day/
That is Osun state government declaring work free day to mark Isese day. No one shouted traditionalisation of Nigerians. WTF, is wrong in trying religious inclusion?

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yorubaland is gone. I would rather be a 4th class citizen in Europe than live in an Islamic society. I love my tribe but we lost it with the 2015 elections. We were deceived in the millions.
Mumu, you're the same people that troop into UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia whilst shining your condemned brown teeth!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by IJOBA2: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
Xbee007:

Aren't all human hypocrite? Did Trump in his fiery speech talk about the senseless killing of blacks by trigger happy police officers? Did he make mention of the Californians seeking secession from USA?
Did Benjamin Netanyahu mentioned how Palestinians are denied access to clean water? Meanwhile, sewage path of used water and poos are channeled through their door steps (it's like denying someone food and pooping in front of their houses after eating). Well let's all say world leaders say whatever that will promote their interest in the face of the world. Even As sun kyi, Myanmarr president, never mentioned about the plight of Rohyngas.
So aren't all world leader hypocrite? Hecj aren't all human hypocrite? You are here on NL wasting your life hating on Muslims and I am sure you have Muslim friends. Will you happily and willingly show them your moniker and allow them go through your [b]islamophobic[/ posts? Hmmm?
I TALK AMgrin ONCE YOU MENTION THE PLIGHT OF CHRISTIANS AROUND THE WORLD, THEY WILL TAG IT ISLAMOPHOBIA OR HATE SPEECH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Worldwide Google Searches For Bola Tinubu Went 200% Times Higher- UberFacts / Ondo Deputy Governor Served Impeachment Notice / Military Refutes Claims Of Mutiny In Borno Camp- (photos Of Soldiers & Superior)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.