Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12180 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 7:08pm On May 11, 2006
LOL, TayoD Okotie! i'm sure this man is your cousin, lol. Yeah, there's no scriptural backing that says we should erect churches all over the place, but a sign of growth's in numbers, i don't think that church has grown beyond what i last saw on tv. You know the scriptures more than i do, but you know Paul monitored the churchs in Ephesus, Antioch and co, to me, that shows that it's in God's plan for us to reach our world with the gospel. You raise people and send them to take their world for Christ, and they start up and grow. I've never seen anyone whose church he's gone to see how they're doing? or whatever. They don't have to be mushroom churches everywhere, like RCCG and my church, but there has to be growth--numerical growth. On the same street of his church, i find more people turning into Daystar than Household--no growth there baby. None. Besides, we're given the great commission to take the gospel to all the world, not just those small congregation we're comfortable with. To me, i think he wants to be able to monitor all the people that comes in and out of his church. It's all a control thing. In an interview he said as much, that was when i was still back home though! he said he wants to monitor them, and with bigger churches he won't have control! please! if he can only control a small congregation, then imagine our great Naija!

I don't think RMD is demonic o! but i won't leave my child with him, lol. so for him to be a minister! ah! what's he going to teach my child? and Jumobi is what? the worship leader? lol. No, (pardon my pidgin) my spirit no just gree the man! at all, i have issues with him.

As for him teaching Pastor Bimbo and co, i'm sure there's more to that story. I read his interview, and i was enraged! the woman had not even been cold in the grave and he was bragging about how he taught them what they know. Anslem Madubuko is who again? which church? honestly can't remember, though the name rings a bell. If he was such a mentor to Bimbo Odukoya, can you explain her more greater ties to RCCG? TayoD--in love o! i don't agree with Pastor Okotie! i've never been this passionate about a "man of God" like this! No!! No Okotie for 2007!!!

Remind me again why we're arguing about him again? he's not going to win! unless o! God puts him there! if he becomes president, then i will be like Thomas, and believe because i have seen. Ehm!! you better still love me o! though, lol, i don't want Chris Okotie.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 7:13pm On May 11, 2006
sad TayoD, shei you've seen! because of you and Pastor Okotie i missed the first 10mins of my pastor's program! there's no way i'm going to vote for him now! angry grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 7:39pm On May 11, 2006
I thought you were supposed to be writing a paper.  No call my new baptismal name (TayoD Okotie) when he happen o.
Tell me, when did numerical numbers become the yardstick for a church's spirituality.  Don't get me wrong, it is good, but it is definitely not what measures the acceptability of the church before God's sight.  Increase is from God and it has nothing to do with a man's effort: "I have planted, Apollo watereth, but God gives the increase."
Common, Okotie is never one to brag nor one to push himself forward.  If he likes attention and believes in doing anything to get it, I believe he would have still maintained his music minstry,'because men, the guy still dey dole out great sound.  However, he believes in only staying where God has placed you per second, per second. 
I find nothing wrong in his mention of Pastor Bimbo in that interview.  He was asked a question, and he gave a background to his answer.  He said the death made him cry because while many people may know Pastor Bimbo now that she is famous, he knew her when she was still unknown and knew what she was all about.  He said he cried because this is someone close to his heart and has been a member of his ministry.  Must you read more meaning to what he said?
Anyway, we've digressed a lot from the main topic, and I have a feeling that nothing can make you change your mind, though that is not my purpose.  I'm sure if today, he lives his life in a way you feel is acceptable, you will change your mind about all you've said.  But I personally like his style, he inspires me a great deal.
Going into all the world does not mean you have to go personally.  If anything, he is in the U.S. now through me and many others.  My friend that inspired me is in the U.K., a lot of us I know have travelled to differnt parts of the world and different parts of Naija.
And as Okotie once said: "the true test of a great man is not in being great himself, but his ability to make others great." 
For a teacher like him, you will find it hard to have a huge following because you never compromise on your teachings.  One of the greatest teachers of all time was W.E. kenyon, and he was never known to have a big church.  Okotie is just not your conventional run-of-the-mill pastor you find out there.  In addition, I really see him as a Prophet because many of the tings he taught and showed from the Bible is what we are seeing happen now, especially in the U.S. 
I don't know about control  o.  I was a member of his church for close to 4 years and he does not know my name, nor have I ever sat together with him in his office.  I know he is very accessible because all the members in the church have his direct cell phone number.   The best I have done in personal relationship with him was to ask him a question uring one of the Q & A sessions in the service, and like he always says, none of us should really need to talk to him personally if we make good use of the tape ministry. i went to his church when I had nothin and was so down, but before I left, i was richly blessed in physical, material and spiritual resources. A lot of people will testify to this too.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 8:49pm On May 11, 2006
LOL, i'm still writing my paper--i can do all things through Christ. grin

Of course the church will have his cell phone number, when there're like 20 of them! when pastor Bimbo died, i cried too, don't mean i should go and delve into her history! sha!!! No to Chris Okotie. When he was a musician i didn't like his music either--i doubt he'll ever impress me there, cuz i'm a music critic. I heard him sing for the promotion of his 2007 campaign or church campaign, i only watched cuz i was in awe of how one man'd feel like such a super star. i don't think the man is humble o! i think that's just false humility.

The way he lives his life is between him and his God, as a human i can't be impressed by him, unless God makes me see something else. Prophet? where? how? TayoD, please, i need to understand what this man has done to you o! i'm concerned. I'm also a prophet, that's why i saw beyond his interview--campaign stategy.
Yes, o! God gives the increase, and we know that this generation we're for sign and wonder--i guess Okotie's fulfiling scripture, i really wonder about him. See, where the Spirit of God was, Peter won over 3000 converts in one meeting, we didn't see him do anything major like that again o! but i've not seen Pastor Okotie do one meeting for souls outreach. Nothing! how's he going to then minister to Nigeria? by giving us his cell phone number?

Yes, now that you and your friends have left the church, the church's dropped in members! i've not heard of his members having great testimonies, but you hear those of other ministries--healing the sick etc. nothing from his church. And his quote is very unoriginal and wrong, cuz Jesus said "the works that i do, greater works will you do also." so, he's supposed to be great with a good testimony and worthy of emulation. Shin shin, i never hear or see!

Gone back to my paper.[sub][/sub]
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2006
dear dearzi, im a member of a baptist church but i watch his programme too, been to his church several times and belive mi my mind and conscience is clear, im the type that like knowing things first hand so i know that --h-e is 4- r-eal-, h-is chu-rch is in order and he operates like any other church, he' got assistants and just cos they dont sit on the pulpit doesnt mean he aint got, choir? he belives the congregation is his choir, why have special people, when everyone is special and got one talent or the other, so no segregation, no seni-ority every1 is equal in his church,, which is what God preaches, he's aaight,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 3:24pm On May 12, 2006
@ Tolulope

I'm very happy to read your unbiased account of his church. So, really he doesn't have a choir? lol, honestly, i didn't know! i thought people just made that stuff up. As for the ministers--i've seen some on TV. Well, i have my opinions, and i'm stuck with them, i've not seen what's going to change my mind. So, y'all don't even try.

At the end of the day, i still don't want Chris Okotie for president. Since God's spoken to him, i'll ask Him to speak to me too, afterall i'm also born again, so that i can run for office.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2006
dearzi:

@ Tolulope

At the end of the day, i still don't want Chris Okotie for president. Since God's spoken to him, i'll ask Him to speak to me too, afterall i'm also born again, so that i can run for office.
i'm laffin my heart out
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2006
well otolorin and dearzi we all r born again and we can all pray, and im sure we shall get somthin hmm?> grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2006
TAYO D,,, i feel you bro,  i get by, by lisening to his sermons,  he is deep and simple, i feel God better when i hear him,  now my slogan whenever i get uplifted thru him is NOTHIN DEY HAPPEN(nothing can happen that i can't get by,  with God)
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 11:42pm On May 15, 2006
Thanks Tolulope. I appreciate your input. I think Dearzi just has a problem with the guy, and she looks for every reason to justify her position. The Choir thing is another one of such. If we are to get really technical, we will discover that there is no single mention of a choir in the New Testament. While I do not think it is anti-scriptural, I really don't find a backing for it. Like I said before, most of the things we do in the Body is just for administrative reasons.
The purpose of the church is to come together in a place where we can be equipped to go out and do the work of the ministry. If you are a Pastor, and you feel having a choir will help you, all well and good. However, do not condemn others who don't feel the same way. And by the way, there are at least two worship leaders who lead the congregation in Praise and Worship. He does not do that himself.
Okotie is a teacher of teachers, and this is a fact. You may not like his style, but you can never doubt his calling, ability and annointing. There are certain people in the Bible that I don't like, but who are men of God. I acknowledge their short-comings and the crudeness of their style, but I never let that blind me from the grace of God that was upon them. For instance, I wouldn't have been a member of Elijah "church" if I was to live in his days or he in mine. It's just a personal thing. The Bible reveals enough about his personality that makes me feel this way.
God never gets us born again to turn us into Zombies, so we all dress the same, talk the same and try to minister the same like some people try to do in some denominations. You retain your personality and God works through that to minister to people. Okotie is real, and that's one of the reasons why I love the man.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by IBBFan(m): 8:51pm On May 16, 2006
Okotie should just face the work of GOD and leave politics for the dirty-minded pot-bellies. when GOD has finally decided to put a man of GOD on the "HOT SEAT", he (the anointed) wouldn't need to speak. we will see things with our very own eyes.

cool cool cool
IBB
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ogbonnaya(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2006
I HAD A DREAM,JUST LIKE THE PASTOR HIMSELF AND I SAW NIGERIANS REQUESTING FOR
SOMEONE THAT IS HONEST TO RULE THEM AND THERE I SAW A PASTOR PLEADING THEM FOR THEIR MANDATE, WHY NOT TRY HIM,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by DaHitler(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2006
He would never win. The north would never vote for a pastor.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by IBBFan(m): 3:09pm On May 17, 2006
@ogbonnaya

if YOU want to give him a chance, don't wake up from that dream until another 12+ years. then we can start trying to fix that dream of yours into an aspect of reality.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 1:42pm On May 19, 2006
ogbonnaya:

I HAD A DREAM,JUST LIKE THE PASTOR HIMSELF AND I SAW NIGERIANS REQUESTING FOR
SOMEONE THAT IS HONEST TO RULE THEM AND THERE I SAW A PASTOR PLEADING THEM FOR THEIR MANDATE, WHY NOT TRY HIM,

can you imagine?

i just cant stop laughing!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Ashiwaju(m): 3:52pm On May 19, 2006
IN HIS WILDEST DREAMS, He cant fit b presi laye laye. firstly you must know that the country is way too corrupt to have a pastor as a president, i bet those corrupt bastards would finish him b4 he gets there and secondly religous barrier would be one of the obstacles he might have to deal with.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2006
tayo>> u and me got common sense which is NEVER COMMON<< thats why people cant see through things>>>>> grin>>> i hope we can all see things through>>
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 5:22pm On May 21, 2006
I want to Dream my own oh,or let me sleep first. wink
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by IBBFan(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2006
@slim

if you crash, i pray make u wake up quick because u fit go see say na T.B. Joshua na im b d leader of 9-ja. wink
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:57pm On May 21, 2006
i think its so silly for a man who refers to himself as a man of God to go into politics. angry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2006
Is it a crime to context for a post?@Thoniaslim.?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by IBBFan(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2006
the 2 slims' (thonia & nike). WOW!!! if you both get married, na broom sticks una go born.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by gumnam: 7:36pm On May 23, 2006
i appreciate your confidence and courage and i think nigeria deserve to have people of moral character and visionary leadership like you. any time i see your picture on screen it makes me dream of the new nigeria.the nigeria we are all dreaming to have. come 2007, we shall do our best to put you into office of the presidency.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by pa55word(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2006
There is nothing such as a good politician,you can not mix politic and been good together.politician with their spin and propaganda, how will a pastor fit into that.
he cannot win anyway.

http://www.nigeriancircle.com
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 6:12pm On May 25, 2006
TayoD

You know i love you and all, but please, don't belittle other pastors, who in my opinion have the word of God and Spirit in greater abundance than Chris Okotie has and ever exercised, by calling him "teacher of teachers." I take personal offence to that.

I've thought long and hard on what you said about him teaching the fundamentals of Christ and the bread of life and all, but after that nko? shouldn't the Christian know how to live the life of Christ? what good is knowing about the bread of life and not knowing how to use the life He's given to us? abi eat of the bread? the bible says we should leave the elementary teachings and go unto maturity (Heb 6:1). I still don't support Okotie. I have been in REM cycle since, waiting for a word from God about election, and if it is taking me this long to hear from God--i need to question Okotie on how he got his own.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 11:12pm On May 25, 2006
dearzi,

There is nothing a man has, that is not a gift from heaven.  There's no need for any offence anywhere.  If he has a gif of teaching, it is as God has pleased to gift to every man withal.  Do you realise that working of miracles is a gift of the Spirit?  This does not mean that faith in the Word will not produce miracles, but the dimension that we see in the Book of Acts goes into the category of the Gifts of the Spirit, and the Gifts of the Spirit are not based on a Man of God's faith, it is based on the will of the Spirit of God in His manifestations.

What are the elementary principles of the doctrines of faith?  Hebrews 6:1-31Therefore leaving the principles  of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this will we do, if God permit.  What we talked about isn't anywhere near the principles of the doctrines of Christ.

What do you mean by REM cycles?  I really don't understand your slang.  Please do not labour yourself to hear a word from God that He is not ready to to tell you about.  There is enough in the Bible that you know, go live by that then He talks to you after your obedience to the once He's already revealed. 

You seem to doubt that Okotie is even called of God.  You have no idea who he is and what he stands for.  I think you are only just upset because he stood up against your Pastor's relationship with T.B. Joshua.  I have told you before you condemn him on that act, maybe you should go find out about T.B. Joshua and make your judgements if he is of God.  Here are a few links for you: http://www.charismamag.com/articleDisplay.php?ArticleID=5417   http://www.charismamag.com/articleDisplay.php?ArticleID=6733; http://www.themaninthesynagogue.org/index.htm

I still stand by my saying that he is a "teacher of Teachers."  I believe I am well read and very knowledgable in the scriptures.  I have listened to a lot of people and I study this Bible for myself.  I have no doubt about other people's calling, but I know the gifts that each man has received, and I look at each within the confines of the Word of God. The central teaching of the Bible is Jesus Christ, and no one teaches Him as much as Okotie does. As 'spiritual' as it sounds, the Bible is not about God the Father even the Holy Spirit or the church of Christ. From the beginning to the end, the focus is on Christ. You may preach good, and sound good and do all manner of miracles, but if the beginning, body and end of your message does not focus on Christ, you have only succeeded in making noise.

The fruits of Okotie's Ministry are many, and I am one of them.  I've been so blessed by him in every way you can think about, and I thank God for His life.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otokx(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2006
has this fresh party been registered by INEC? how did Pastor Chris Okotie get the Justice Party ticket? do you know that the Justice Party with Pastor Chris Okotie as its aspirant got the more votes in the Rivers State than in any other state even though that was very well below that of the Chief Obasanjo.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2006
LMAO I can't believe this thread has 6 pages. You guys rock. grin

If I have a dream, can I run for president?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2006
FRESH Democratic Party has now being registered by INEC.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 5:53pm On May 26, 2006
@Tolulope

Firstly, there's nothing like "common sense," and the so called "common sense" is relative to culture and environment, and in this case it's not applicable. What people are applying here is LOGIC!

TayoD
Yeah! at some point my beef with Okotie was his trying to take down a ministry that's larger than him or his perceived calling from God, which in my opinion was a publicity stunt. But i've since moved on from that. I've tried to see the man with different eyes, but it's just not working! i will NEVER agree that Okotie is a teacher, much more "teacher of teachers." So that you don't say God used David, remember David was a man after God's heart--he was a shepherd, willing to face lions, and bears for his flock, but Okotie, i strongly doubt it, that you have his cell phone number doens't make him a shepherd! the church is too small for them not to have his number, and for him not to be available to them. He'll do better as an English professor or something, but i think he should leave the gospel and politics alone. Like i said in the past, if God really called him, He will put him there, somehow--that's the only sign that will change my opinion slightly.

Okotie doesn't pay my bills, nor has he said anything that has made an impact in my life, so he's really of no significance to me. I doubt that you're well read, but now i wonder what you've read and who you've read--if it's the same Okotie, baby, that don't count!

REM sleep cycle is a cycle of waking and sleeping--the process of falling asleep and all that it involves, and it occures in stages. You can google it, and you'll find a better explanation. As for me o! i'm tired of this topic. Bottom line is, i don't support Okotie for president.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 11:07pm On May 26, 2006
My bottom line is that I find no better candidate right now. With the way things stand, my vote will go to him and no other. Whether that vote counts or not doesn't even matter.

Since when did a church of about 15,000 members become a small church? Please let me know.

Talking about his heart as a shepherd, I need to tell you a true story. There was a time a member of the church called him while ther were armed robbers on their street. The Police didnt show up, and no one could help. Guess what Okotie did? He not only got down to pray (which is what most men of God will do), rather, he went to the church, got the security people on duty, got some memebrs of the church that were policemen and members of the armed forces, and went to this street in a convoy with sirens balring. When the Armed Robbers heard all the noise, they left the residents of the street alone, thinking the police was on their back.

That is a man who not only believe in prayer but in action, and God backed up the action by delivering that entire neighbourhood from the terror of the armed group.

I'm sure he had the go-ahead from God to do this and God proved himself by the outcome. Tell me, how many men of God will do this for their flock. Just like David, he put his life on the line for a single sheep. I will trust myself in the hands of such a man thatn one who I cant even get near to. this is the kind of man we need in the country. One who leads by example and will be there when needed.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 5:27pm On May 27, 2006
@IBB,Atleast your sister will be the mother of the Child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Sss Trailed Boko Haram’s Spokesman To Kaduna (the Inside Story) / Eligibility Suit: Senator Igbeke Sues APC, Buhari For Constitution Breaches / Ondo Assembly Probes ₦4.3bn In Secret Account, Summons Finance Commissioner, AG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.