Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day (31185 Views)

My Strange Observations After Quitting Masturbation / Ubunja Is Quitting Nairaland! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by unikprince(m): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2017
MhizSylvia:
That means she's jobless.
you are endowed my dear.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by simols(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2017
It has happened to me before, i tot am d only one. Thank God i see my partner
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by refreshrate: 7:39am On Oct 14, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I was on course to ignore the belligerent mentions from guys; but since you played the GE card, you've successfully pushed my buttons.

The Op says he's not a good caller. I don't think there's anything wrong with that in particular (mostly because I'm so terrible at that as well) But then he says he's not perturbed that she told him it's over; and before that he told her that she could end it if she won't accept him for who he is. You might think that's proper and self-evident, but it's in fact a very careless statement to make; people make compromises for their loved ones all the time, but the OP seems to have given off the vibe (even to his girlfriend as he has here) that the relationship wasn't of much value to him and didn't deserve any adjustments on his part. So, in my opinion, the problem isn't that he's a bad-caller but that he doesn't even love his girl to begin with. Why would he stress himself?

A lot of commenters are wondering how a person could squeeze out three calls to their girlfriend/boyfriend from their "busy" day. (WTH). Once in the morning, as you wake up; once before bed; and over lunch (that is if your day is so tightly structured that you have to schedule it properly). But, people who really mean to call, make it organic: to get her opinion over an argument you are having with a co-worker; to help you choose what brand of an item to buy in traffic; to find out if she's okay after you hear unsettling news from the state she lives in. It's possible. If you don't consider it necessary now then...........I wish you love in your life.

Now, to your grouse. This is not about entitlement it's rather about reciprocation. People have different ways of expressing love, and in a new(ish) relationship, there is often that period of 'storming' where people learn each other's love languages. It's not uncommon to go by what you're familiar with in the meantime, while you're figuring it out. If a girl is used to expressing her affection with frequent calls, she would interpret the Ops behavior as extremely cold. He already said she's financially self-sufficient, so he may not even be giving her the occasional gift to tell her she's on his mind. Well, it's obvious now that he didn't care for her; but if he did, it would have been up to him to show her how he expresses his affection. And she, in turn, would have learnt to trust it.

Pls who is this?
I swear hands down the most intelligent person here! Wish I'd seen this before commenting.

Absolutely nailed it to a T.
I don't know why I get so excited when I come across intelligent people like this...maybe cos they're so uncommon, especially here on NL.

Meanwhile *follows* imma be all up in your grill

Once again...thank you for being intelligent and restoring my hope.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Nyouth: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
my girlfriend has been complaining for same reason and finally has quit because of call.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by refiner(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
if she wants to talk to you 3 times a day then she should call you. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
Nigerian women and their skewered sense of entitlement are the bane of every man's existence in this country.

Bitch_if you feel like talking, call me..... I'm not gonna waste my time and money calling you just so I can listen to you breathe on the phone.
I dey ration my calls..... a 10min call every 2days and if you exhaust your quota then you're O.Y.O

grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by mcdude1(m): 8:29am On Oct 14, 2017
I've noticed that many people misunderstand the concept and meaning of communication in a relationship. Communication does not necessarily mean how many times a day ur partner calls And how long u spend talking. Most important in the act of communication is the abiliy to b open and truthful to ur partner and being able to really sit down talk to him/her about certain things about the relationship and general welbeing of ur partner.
Op don't worry sha these things happen trust me.. I've seen breakups on more flimmsy excusses than hers.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by oodua1stson: 8:32am On Oct 14, 2017
Oga kids, this your girlfriend na abunu grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by bossrillboss: 8:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Lawlahdey:
3 times per day? That's breakfast call, lunch call and dinner call nah. grin grin
..lwkmd..o boi u don craze finish ooo,y u wan kill me wit laff na.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2017
McLove:
just passing by o

Lols! As u no gree gimme babe for Ibadan now tongue tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by McLove(m): 8:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Neyoor:

Lols! As u no gree gimme babe for Ibadan now tongue tongue
Anyone reading this will think he is the type o! Babes plenty, which type do you want?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by johnstar(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
seriously. Naija girls are real headache. Their matter don taya me.
Cc johnstar

Der mata don tire me bros

I nor get anytn to talk abt dm again
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by KYC2121(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2017
my broda, I have read ur post. d truth is that u are not truly into her, if u are, u will not lack wot to discuss when u call her; she will not even nag u about calling her 3 times a day. It will be interesting for u to knw that communication is key in any relationship. It cements it, it builds a strong bond. I am sure, she walked away by ur reaction to her request. But if I may advice, relationship is all about give and take, compromise; discuss with her in a situation where u do not have d capacity for such calls in terms of airtime, i think she will understand. If u still love her, go for her and find a common ground to come back.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Mypeople2(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2017
BeautyBaebee:
Quit because of this minor issue? Trust girls, they can break up over any excuse once they start seeing sm1 else they like.
Op, move on. She's tired of you
Babe, I don't think she is seeing someone. But I am very sure that girl is younger than 25.Don't blame her for taking an irrational decision, she wants more attention from the guy. The guy should know that 21-24 years ladies love to break up. They can break up because you are putting on blue when their best color is white. They can break up when you rebuke them for something bad. They can break up 50 times in 6months. The guy should go and talk to her, I am 200% sure she will forgive him. But I am 300% sure they will break up again. In fact, he should get used to the break ups

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2017
McLove:
Anyone reading this will think he is the type o! Babes plenty, which type do you want?

Lolssssssssssss! Laughing hilariously cheesy wink grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink Change is inevitable now cheesy wink By God's grace I should check on you in few days time just that I'm mostly free on Sundays and unfortunately my tommorow and next Sunday is fixed up already.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by agbonkamen(f): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2017
Niceboyx4:
l

How many times do you call your bf in a day?

Is it bad if she call him instead?

This call break up weak me pass....
I call him more than that a day same on whatsap because my relationship is a distnc one ni... He also reciprocate
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Azam101: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2017
My guy there is nothing bad to call her 3× a day how much will it cost you? just hello how r u I just called to listen to your sweet voice bye. ladies are moved by words men are moved with physical appearance. learn to sacrifice for love bro good luck.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by petitejolie(f): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
If you aren't perturbed that she broke up with you then I'm not surprised that you wouldn't call her three times a day. You probably aren't meant for each other. When you meet someone you're crazy about, you'll call her enough times to make her a part of your day. Not just the perfunctory (4) calls per week.
don't mind him . the girl did the right thing joor.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by annyberry: 8:57am On Oct 14, 2017
Nothing wey person no go hear...... I dey even vex say my guy no dey gree my phone rest.....
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by inotice: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2017
Mypeople2:
Babe, I don't think she is seeing someone. But I am very sure that girl is younger than 25.Don't blame her for taking an irrational decision, she wants more attention from the guy. The guy should know that 21-24 years ladies love to break up.[/b] They can break up because you are putting on blue when their best color is white. They can break up when you rebuke them for something bad. They can break up 50 times in 6months. The guy should go and talk to her, I am 200% sure she will forgive him. But I am 300% sure they will break up again[b]. In fact, he should get used to the break ups
Mypeople2:
Babe, I don't think she is seeing someone. But I am very sure that girl is younger than 25.Don't blame her for taking an irrational decision, she wants more attention from the guy. The guy should know that 21-24 years ladies love to break up. They can break up because you are putting on blue when their best color is white. They can break up when you rebuke them for something bad. They can break up 50 times in 6months. The guy should go and talk to her, I am 200% sure she will forgive him. But I am 300% sure they will break up again. In fact, he should get used to the break ups
Mypeople2:
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2017
I talk to boo on phone at least 4 times a day and we chat regularly on whatsapp too. He does most of the calling tho, say 70% or more.
Sometimes I even get to say it is too much, but now, I have gotten used to it and it's cool.

Seeing so many guys on here saying 3 times a day is such a big deal is surprising. Like, just 3 times a day? I'd say there's no real bond in that type of relationship because you'd always have something to talk about and carry each other along and your everyday activities.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Ericsunday619: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2017
kimbraa:
3times a day calls is demanding for too much. Is the guy you're asking to call that much jobless?. Yeah, it's a relationship and people do uncomfortable things to please their spouse or make it work, but that shouldn't take the place of common sense.

They'll get tired of hearing from each other sooner. Secondly, repetition in an act makes it monotonous which kills interest.

For the fact that she wants her boyfriend to call her as much as her sister's husband calls means she's jealous of what her sister has. The girl in question is immature 'cause even if she was jealous, she shouldn't have made the comparison to her boyfriend. That's was too lame.
girls self, that's how my gf requested that i lick her smelling toto
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Codyt(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2017
stupidity:
I and my bae talk 5 to 10 times daily. That's what has kept us together all the years. She on WhatsApp but we don't chat. If I send "hey babes", next thing she'll send is "call me"

Hate this so bad.. What if I'm around people and can't call angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Codyt(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:
I talk to boo on phone at least 4 times a day and we chat regularly on whatsapp too. He does most of the calling tho, say 70% or more.
Sometimes I even get to say it is too much, but now, I have gotten used to it and it's cool.

Seeing so many guys on here saying 3 times a day is such a big deal is surprising. Like, just 3 times a day? I'd say there's no real bond in that type of relationship because you'd always have something to talk about and carry each other along and your everyday activities.
Different strokes for different folks!!!!! What works for you, cannot work for some.

Some people are just busy!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Donsammi(m): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

3times a day? that's way too much. i once broke up with a guy because he calls too much. that's stalking.
my current bf doesn't call like that.. like 2 days no call but we do chat... If he trys kinda stalking me... i will ignore his calls... He know me wella.

introverts need your kind of person.. lol seriously oooh
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Donsammi(m): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

3times a day? that's way too much. i once broke up with a guy because he calls too much. that's stalking.
my current bf doesn't call like that.. like 2 days no call but we do chat... If he trys kinda stalking me... i will ignore his calls... He know me wella.

introverts need your kind of person.. lol seriously oooh
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by 400billionman: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2017
GT07115:
I am a serving Corps members in Ondo state, and my girlfriend is a fashion designer and a student. In terms of financial needs, she is self sufficient.

But i don't really understand her. I love her that is the fact, i intend settling down with her very soon.

Most of the issues I have with her is that ; she wants me to call her at least three times a day , and most of the time we do chat on whatsapp, and I feel there is nothing really to say that will warrant me calling her, mind you I call her at least four times in a week, I am not a good caller anyway, but that doesn't reduce my love for her, I don't really know what she wants. I call her this morning and she was complaining I didn't call her, that the sister who came to visit her, the husband calls her almost every hour, and I replied by saying I am not her sisters husband, she should learn to accept me the way I am, and if she can't she can let go.

She sent me a text that is over, I am not perturbed anyway, but my worries is, why should this be an issue?

You are the one at fault.

Calling your gf only 4 times in a week is not sufficient.

At least morning and evening abeg.

Since you guys were not quarrelling.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by kenyus: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2017
your girl must be my new girlfriend...she study mass comm.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by sluk(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2017
MhizSylvia:
That means she's jobless.

Beautiful girl, I like you. Can we hook up 08033723482
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by whizcartel(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2017
Girls Ehn.... Set of very emotionally confused human species.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by toprealman: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2017
GT07115:
I am a serving Corps members in Ondo state, and my girlfriend is a fashion designer and a student. In terms of financial needs, she is self sufficient.

But i don't really understand her. I love her that is the fact, i intend settling down with her very soon.

Most of the issues I have with her is that ; she wants me to call her at least three times a day , and most of the time we do chat on whatsapp, and I feel there is nothing really to say that will warrant me calling her, mind you I call her at least four times in a week, I am not a good caller anyway, but that doesn't reduce my love for her, I don't really know what she wants. I call her this morning and she was complaining I didn't call her, that the sister who came to visit her, the husband calls her almost every hour, and I replied by saying I am not her sisters husband, she should learn to accept me the way I am, and if she can't she can let go.

She sent me a text that is over, I am not perturbed anyway, but my worries is, why should this be an issue?
Your gal is immature for any meaningful relationship. Bet you want to know why?
1. Her sister's HUSBAND......what phase of relationship are your guys in?
2. Her sister came to visit......is it not possible her husband is a monitoring spirit, possessive freak or probably has too much free time?
If I may ask, how many call me backs does she send.....I guess her calling, despite being " self sufficient " (lol, na today)....is ruled out!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by tayadof9ja(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2017
BeautyBaebee:
Quit because of this minor issue? Trust girls, they can break up over any excuse once they start seeing sm1 else they like.
Op, move on. She's tired of you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Name Something A Woman Can't Go A Week Without / Where Are Our Virgins Today? / 5 Things I Had To Overcome To Find My Dream Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.