Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day (31146 Views)

My Strange Observations After Quitting Masturbation / Ubunja Is Quitting Nairaland! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Chukazu: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
Read this

Not true.

This I believe

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Charles4075(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2017
adajoe555:
My boo calls me at least twice a day. that is what she want from you na, but she is not serious oh

only for call breakup
Ehhhh, what am I hearing?

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by adajoe555: 11:25am On Oct 14, 2017
Charles4075:
Ehhhh, what am I hearing?

lol
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by luvlymabel: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2017
Evaberry:
call her and talk about what exactly? pointless and irrelevant things.

your girlfriend is not mature enough for a relationship, yes communication and attention is important but 3 times a day even when you chat on whatsapp.

are there no goals to be met

are both of you that jobless with so much free time
but ur bad mouth is much
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by dikamzy(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2017
Ifakiland:
Ur a corper, dat alone makes her feel ure probably with anoda gal that's y u don't have her time to call. I suspect ur gf has trust issues...yes she sent u a breakup text, trust me when a gal really wants to break up, she simply stop calling/chatting/texting....Nigerian gals don't breakup tru text, she was just kidding...go visit ur gal, hug her and bang the fork out of her...
you are on point bro, that's what happened to mine 2weeks ago, sm1 d@ will call me not less than 20 times until I answer d call, she just stopped, when I started asking questions nd the rest, she told me that the truth is that she don't love me anymore. after some days she said to d@ she's in love with someone else, I almost tried tried to hug one transformer last week cos, what we shared is unbelievable, we were together for almost 5 years. I can't just forget her. it pains me morning, day nd night.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by luvlymabel: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2017
nairalanders too like this kind thread seee comment everywhere i tireooooo
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by piagetskinner(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2017
Differential:

Once a week or once in two weeks? I doubt you're really into her.
we chat everyday...I'm into her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by mastermaestro(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Calling her only four times in a week shows how nonchalant you are towards the relationship. Let her move on to a more serious dude, because you aren't close to being committed.

For those saying rubbish that it is only jobless people who call their lovers three times a day, you are minors...silly teenagers. If you have nothing to discuss with your lover, please quit the relationship for someone with whom you share common interests and purpose. Communication becomes boring when interests and purpose don't match.

Love fades, and gives way to common interests and goals as the bonding factor for a long-lasting relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by internetpo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
GT07115:
I am a serving Corps members in Ondo state, and my girlfriend is a fashion designer and a student. In terms of financial needs, she is self sufficient.

But i don't really understand her. I love her that is the fact, i intend settling down with her very soon.

Most of the issues I have with her is that ; she wants me to call her at least three times a day , and most of the time we do chat on whatsapp, and I feel there is nothing really to say that will warrant me calling her, mind you I call her at least four times in a week, I am not a good caller anyway, but that doesn't reduce my love for her, I don't really know what she wants. I call her this morning and she was complaining I didn't call her, that the sister who came to visit her, the husband calls her almost every hour, and I replied by saying I am not her sisters husband, she should learn to accept me the way I am, and if she can't she can let go.

She sent me a text that is over, I am not perturbed anyway, but my worries is, why should this be an issue?

Bro I think you are wrong here. If that's what she wants then give it to her. Look for things to discuss about, weather, random thoughts, your present tasks. Ask her to call too if you don't.

Communication in relationship is very vital esp. if its a long distance one. Though the comparison with her sisters brother is very wrong but do try and call her more often. Long distance relationship isn't easy. and women are hard to understand (no pun intended). Its so minor to break up over an issue like this. Call her and settle with her. re-assure her, she is feeling unloved here.

I have faced this exact scenario you are in. My girl complained the exact same thing. I didnt like it at all. I am not the type of talk-talk person. But Now we talk almost every hour and I do enjoy our talks. Miss her when we dont talk. and it helped us through the long distance and gave more life to the relationship, we are engaged now and will soon be married next year.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by mercyymai(f): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
BeautyBaebee:
Quit because of this minor issue? Trust girls, they can break up over any excuse once they start seeing sm1 else they like.
Op, move on. She's tired of you

No sir! She may not be seeing anyone but the guy response sef shows he's tired of the lady attitude. Imagine, she shu quit just like that.

And mind u, before a lady that is self sufficient can complain of not calling her, it shows he is really poor in calling his girl. The truth be told, if he really love the lady, nothing stop him from calling at least once a day. And bearing in mind that this is somehow a long distance relationship. Chatting on Whatsapp is different from hearing her voice.

Don't blame all ladies attitude to seeing some1 else.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by mercyymai(f): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
mastermaestro:
Calling her only four times in a week shows how nonchalant you are towards the relationship. Let her move on to a more serious dude, because you aren't close to being committed.

For those saying rubbish that it is only jobless people who call their lovers three times a day, you are minors...silly teenagers. If you have nothing to discuss with your lover, please quit the relationship for someone with whom you share common interests and purpose. Communication becomes boring when interests and purpose don't match.

Love fades, and gives way to common interests and goals as the bonding factor for a long-lasting relationship.

Thks jare.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by LemonBoy1: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
@ OP, that could be her Doctor's prescription. 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the night. Always after meal.

OP, please respect the doctor's prescription.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by crunchyg: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
MhizSylvia:
That means she's jobless.
Why will you say that to a lady like you?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by emitheo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ah....the problem of the girl is obvious nah.
Na Spiritual problem she get.
That old woman wey dey her village don remember her,come decide to use the girl picture dey fan herself.
*period*
Come to think of it sef,the call na Prescription? 1 in the Morning,1 in the Afternoon and 1 in the Night?
What if Mobile phone no dey exist?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by McLove(m): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Neyoor:

Lolssssssssssss! Laughing hilariously cheesy wink grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink Change is inevitable now cheesy wink By God's grace I should check on you in few days time just that I'm mostly free on Sundays and unfortunately my tommorow and next Sunday is fixed up already.
no wahala bro.. sha no let dem Tribune girls corrupt you for me! I'll call you before the end of today sir
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by MightySparrow: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
How does that affect your ego? My wife still accuses me of not calling almost everyday. Though I call her 'often' daily, because we do not live in the same state.
The point is, if that is the oil that lubricates the engine of your love, why not?

I don't think her request is too much. Out of sight, they say, is out of mind.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by antiv: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
She should call na if she wants to be hearing your voice often. It's good to call twice a day, this love of a thing is not meant to be 1 sided at all.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by djon78(m): 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Story. All these one na emotional time wasting. I personally don't subscribe to all those. It is too emotional wasting of time, over a woman that will leave you at the slightest provocation.
I think guys should be very careful here, don't let anybody blackmail you. Anyway this one na teenage love.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Eleganza33(f): 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
I'm seriously goin thru similar situation presently, buh the only difference is that I'm doin mine deliberately so she could give up amd let me go. I loved this lady so much before and used to call so frequently, even about 5 times or more each day, buh she later started takin the love for granted and was exhibiting some annoyin attitudes. I tried callin her to order then buh she kept annoyin me, meanwhile, she knew i had some other ladies who wanted to be my gurl buh i had no interest in them all asides her. So eventually, when i couldn't tolerate her excesses anymore i told her i wanted to break up. That was when i knew she actually loved me all along. She suddenly started actin nice and feelin i had already started datin one of those ladies. She then started callin me often and all. So i decided to still remain in the relationship with her and didn't break up anymore. Buh ever since then, ive not been calling her regularly like i used to anymore, instead, shes the one doin most of the callin now and she keeps complaining about the change in call frequency and i usually give her xcuses. I am actually doin it so she could read the handwriting and leave me alone cos i dont know how to leave her again since i tried doin it and she still begged me so we could continue and has also been actin nice suddenly. I still love her though, buh the love has reduced from what it used to be..
chai oga u wicked o pls do me a favour jus tel ha u r nt intrested again pls stop wastin ha tym
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Eleganza33:
chai oga u wicked o pls do me a favour jus tel ha u r nt intrested again pls stop wastin ha tym

Lol... I'm not wicked ma'am. I told her already buh she didn't wanna leave. I feel this is the best option now
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I was on course to ignore the belligerent mentions from guys; but since you played the GE card, you've successfully pushed my buttons.

The Op says he's not a good caller. I don't think there's anything wrong with that in particular (mostly because I'm so terrible at that as well) But then he says he's not perturbed that she told him it's over; and before that he told her that she could end it if she won't accept him for who he is. You might think that's proper and self-evident, but it's in fact a very careless statement to make; people make compromises for their loved ones all the time, but the OP seems to have given off the vibe (even to his girlfriend as he has here) that the relationship wasn't of much value to him and didn't deserve any adjustments on his part. So, in my opinion, the problem isn't that he's a bad-caller but that he doesn't even love his girl to begin with. Why would he stress himself?

A lot of commenters are wondering how a person could squeeze out three calls to their girlfriend/boyfriend from their "busy" day. (WTH). Once in the morning, as you wake up; once before bed; and over lunch (that is if your day is so tightly structured that you have to schedule it properly). But, people who really mean to call, make it organic: to get her opinion over an argument you are having with a co-worker; to help you choose what brand of an item to buy in traffic; to find out if she's okay after you hear unsettling news from the state she lives in. It's possible. If you don't consider it necessary now then...........I wish you love in your life.

Now, to your grouse. This is not about entitlement it's rather about reciprocation. People have different ways of expressing love, and in a new(ish) relationship, there is often that period of 'storming' where people learn each other's love languages. It's not uncommon to go by what you're familiar with in the meantime, while you're figuring it out. If a girl is used to expressing her affection with frequent calls, she would interpret the Ops behavior as extremely cold. He already said she's financially self-sufficient, so he may not even be giving her the occasional gift to tell her she's on his mind. Well, it's obvious now that he didn't care for her; but if he did, it would have been up to him to show her how he expresses his affection. And she, in turn, would have learnt to trust it.

In all these epistle, you failed to point out how she'd have done the calling pertaining to the gender equality ish. You were still coming from the angle of me, me, me the lady.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Eleganza33(f): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Lol... I'm not wicked ma'am. I told her already buh she didn't wanna leave. I feel this is the best option now
chai if she dnt wana leav dat means she loves u nah nd cnt let go oya pls giv ha a 2nd chance
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by MISTAICEY02288(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Eleganza33:
chai if she dnt wana leav dat means she loves u nah nd cnt let go oya pls giv ha a 2nd chance

Hmmm okay ma'am i guess I'll give it a thought. Buh you know how you ladies do. Once we start givin you full attention and make you feel too comfortable, you begin to misbehave.. I really love her too buh i just decided to slow down buh I feel sorry for her now though. I'll give what you said a thought. Thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Eleganza33(f): 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Hmmm okay ma'am i guess I'll give it a thought. Buh you know how you ladies do. Once we start givin you full attention and make you feel too comfortable, you begin to misbehave.. I really love her too buh i just decided to slow down buh I feel sorry for her now though. I'll give what you said a thought. Thanks
nt jus tinking abt it pls do,it hurts.thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Eleganza33:
nt jus tinking abt it pls do,it hurts.thanks

Alright ma'am. I will
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Incrizz(f): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
GT07115 I'm surprised that you're not aware that in a relationship, a lady thrives on attention from her man.

Relationship involves pleasing your partner too. If that is what she wants, then you should develop the habit of calling and MAKE HER HAPPY. She'd do the same for you tooundecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by crunchyg: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
lalababy:

God bless you abeg
Wetin she talk now we God one use bless her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Emanodimo(m): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
If she wants 3tx a day, tell her you equally want 3tx a day... But be the first to call.

Or

3tx= You call 2ce ,She will call once.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by mastermaestro(m): 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
mercyymai:

Thks jare.

You are welcome.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Modelqwen(f): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
Donsammi:

introverts need your kind of person.. lol seriously oooh

lol.... my bf is one
Re: My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 15, 2017
OP, do you know about Whatsapp call? Maybe you should try it if she insists...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Who Sleeps With Married Men, Gets Heartbroken As Her Dad Cheats On Her Mum / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You Have Never Met?? / Guy And Lady Do Crazy Dance That Got People Slamming Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.