Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (15134 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by sweeriie(f): 12:20am On Mar 20, 2010
@topic. . . came here for college.
n i work cuz i'm not trying to get my parents bankrupt just cuz i'm in yankee; they're doing good enough by paying for my fees and accommodation, so i think i should be able to support my addiciton to love for shopping by myself.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by kadman(m): 2:05am On Mar 20, 2010
Why do people have so much fun derailing threads ? I had to shift through so much garbage to keep track of an intresting thread  sad sad

@ Topic, I left to do my Msc, and until the current electricty issue in Nigeria is solved I won't be going back, so guess I'm here for a very very long time.
As someone said the lack of security I can handle (when it's your time,it's your time), but when I think of the heat, neighbours loud generator not allowing you sleep at night kai I sit my a s s back here.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by 1forall: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2010
Holiday! Back in a week.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by DrKnow1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2010
I left to see if life is better elsewhere and I found this place. I have since made it my home
I only have one lifetime to live, so why suffer and waste any moment of it. Anywhere that suits my purpose in life is my home. I am here in the UK enjoying my life - Lovely wife, two lovely kids, well paid job, comfortable house of my own, nice brand new car, good food, good medical care, peace of mind etc etc. So if you don't like me for the life I am living here, you can go and jump in the lagoon, that's not my business,  mind you I am still a Naija to the core, its only I don't want to live in a place that is inimical to my absolute well-being; ciao
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
EFCC Investigation,
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by kadman(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
Dr Know:

I left to see if life is better elsewhere and I found this place. I have since made it my home
I only have one lifetime to live, so why suffer and waste any moment of it. Anywhere that suits my purpose in life is my home. I am here in the UK enjoying my life - Lovely wife, two lovely kids, well paid job, comfortable house of my own, nice brand new car, good food, good medical care, peace of mind etc etc. So if you don't like me for the life I am living here, you can go and jump in the lagoon, that's not my business, mind you I am still a Naija to the core, its only I don't want to live in a place that is inimical to my absolute well-being; ciao

Dr Know, don't let some of the nairalanders in Nigeria hear all the good things happening to you o. That's the begining of fight with them, that you claim to be living better than they are. There is nothing they won't say "why are you on a computer and not at work" "you must be joblesss" "you must be a gutter cleaner" "you must be owning government and your credit card company million" blah blah. I don't know when people will realize all hands are just not equal. undecided
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by shilling(f): 5:38am On Mar 21, 2010
sweeriie:

@topic. . . came here for college.
n i work cuz i'm not trying to get my parents bankrupt just cuz i'm in yankee; they're doing good enough by paying for my fees and accommodation, so i think i should be able to support my addiciton to love for shopping by myself.

lol . . . same here!!!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2010
Dr Know:

I only have one lifetime to live, so why suffer and waste any moment of it. Anywhere that suits my purpose in life is my home. I am here in the UK enjoying my life - Lovely wife, two lovely kids, well paid job, comfortable house of my own, nice brand new car, good food, good medical care, peace of mind etc etc. So if you don't like me for the life I am living here, you can go and jump in the lagoon, that's not my business,  mind you I am still a Naija to the core, its only I don't want to live in a place that is inimical to my absolute well-being; ciao

mr man talk true - you are still paying for em cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2010
uktrader:

I think you should all stay put in Nigeria and fix your own problems. They is an old staying that a nation received the political leaders that they deserve. meaning it up to the people to make changes. I see why many leave Nigeria, but this exodus is not good for the country to move to the next level of development.

That's great - feel free to remain in Nigeria, and solve all her issues. Meanwhile, keep on topic, yours is a different debate.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by DrKnow1(m): 11:48am On Mar 21, 2010
oyb:

Yeah, I know, but paying for them is no problem at all for me. I can afford doing so. Take a look at my signature or foot-note, Awon kan wa'ye wa jaye ooo, awon kan wa'ye wa sise oooh awon kan wa'ye wa gbowo oooh. I am here to enjoy myself, life is too short, my friend.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Thelmabee: 8:03am On Mar 22, 2010
oyb:

@OYB as usual yeye man,
permit me to b as stupid as you are for a sec an borrow ur term; - "evil man"
Gee lwkmd.

Ds is hilarious,
if d guy is still paying for it,is he using ur money,ds bad bella is eating u up,like u wld say,u can only aspire u wont have a feel of d fun dt guy is having,he has nothing to prove to ur sick mind. tongue tongue cool
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by spikedcylinder: 8:54am On Mar 22, 2010
Nawa o.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by akinalabi(m): 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
I left Nigeria with the hope  of making BIG money.  cheesy

I ran back when I discovered that Naija is where BIG money really is.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
Bros Akinalabi, Show us the way
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
Nice cool cool cool
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
akinalabi:

I left Nigeria with the hope  of making BIG money.  cheesy

I ran back when I discovered that Naija is where BIG money really is.

Information i guess undecided
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by OnyeBabe1(f): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
It is so sad that many Nigerians abroad only think of making money by extortion when they come back to naija.  sad
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by MandingoII(m): 12:50am On Mar 25, 2010
It is so sad that many Nigerians abroad only think of making money by extortion when they come back to naija. Sad

They learn from their colonizer well
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by alicianna(f): 1:13am On Mar 26, 2010
I left because, oh wait! My bad undecided , my parents brought me here grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by paddylo1(m): 2:04am On Mar 26, 2010
Frankly i grudgingly left Nigeria,
and the only place i really wanted to visit outside naija was the Good ole USA

So why did i leave?, Masters degree

I cant wait to go back to abuja, and join in sharing the national cake
like some other dude said, thats where the real dough is, shege!!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by akinalabi(m): 6:00am On Mar 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Bros Akinalabi, Show us the way

The way to where? LOL grin

We can start with a church bizniz cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by akinalabi(m): 6:03am On Mar 26, 2010
I think a lot of folks here are being economical with the truth. . .

Most Nigerians leave Nigeria because of MONEY.

Why ain't we seeing that here?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by ceasyc(f): 1:55am On Apr 03, 2010
@topic
better life, better everything e.g.
job (moni), school,
facilities, infrastructures,
amenities
ETC
life no easy hia ohhhh but wayyyyy beta than 9ja
who no go no no ohhhh
but home is home
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by ladi02(m): 12:28am On Apr 05, 2010
ceasyc:

@topic
job (moni), school,
amenities
ETC
who no go no no ohhhh
but home is home

Where in the UK are u?, you want to hook up? nice pic
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by nethacker(m): 1:55am On Apr 05, 2010
i left cos of education, Naija bluechip coys recognise foreign pali. we hv brilliant chaps in Nigeria and Nigerians r brilliant but if u hv to bribe your way through to be shortlisted for scholarship in your own country despite d fact dat u meet d requirement,then there is a problem embarassed embarassed.the minister of education spent millions on party while Universities lecturers were on strike shocked shocked here , if u be distinction student,u no need dey lobby to be shortlisted, na automatic u go dey dean's list,  A nation that has no regard for education and health is no nation at all
Amenities=0
Education= -1
security= undefined
corruption= at its peak

ceasyc:

@topic
job (moni), school,
amenities
ETC
who no go no no ohhhh
but home is home

BTW ceasyc ,  is dat u ?  shocked shocked ? my mouth dey water ooo grin grin u r gorgeous kiss

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by ogajim(m): 3:33am On Apr 05, 2010
Everywhere you have this kind of thread, haters go come out plenty cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

If you can't make it in Nigeria, you can't make it anywhere period!

@ thread, lost confidence in Nigeria after Dele Giwa was killed, had to get out before I either become a statistic or forced to kill someone myself. The rest of course followed by the special grace of God.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 19, 2010
I left because. . .I was kicked out. (lol)

oyb:

damn. Kadman did warn him lol.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by invisible2(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2010
Have never been to any embassy, not to talk of getting out of Naija. I will be sitting pretty here till old age. Maybe I will take a vacation one day to yankee, but am not in a hurry. Enjoying my life to the fullest here, ruling in my world.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by ceasyc(f): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2010
ladi02:

Where in the UK are u?, you want to hook up? nice pic

nethacker:

BTW ceasyc , is dat u ? shocked shocked ? my mouth dey water ooo grin grin u r gorgeous kiss

havent been hia (dis thread) 4 sum time now. must have changed dat pic since
una too funny but thx anyway wink
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
interesting comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Some Quotes From Nnamdi Kanu (director Of Radio Biafra) / Buhari Must Be Naive To Think Obasanjo's Son Would Be Loyal To Him- Reno Omokri / Sanni Halilu Shaibu: What EndSARS Protesters Failed To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.