Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,832 members, 7,828,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (14941 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Actually mosquitoes in lagos only bite the rich. When you spay Raid or use mosquito net you are only inviting mosquitoes but if you open your window and sleep unclothed the mosquitoe sef go fear.

When it tries to suck blood and its proboscis are hitting bone, instead of sucking blood its sucking "shekpe" from your veins.

They would warn others to run away from your room.

Have you heard where human being infected mosquitoes with disease? Check Orile iganmu.

grin grin grin grin grin grin, man abeg, stop reminding me joor, mosquitoes dey slap person wey no quick sleep for Lagos, if u do strong head, u no wan sleep, dem go dey come sing Christmas carol song for your ears, if u still no gree, na rocket launcher remain be that, dem go dey jam u left and right until you are forced to sleep (Lagos mosquitoes are agbero trained) grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
na this one i like pass . . . you can "chook" her from behind.

be careful cos if your eye no strong the girl might end up billing you for the free "enjoyment"
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

U be butty now!!!
If you board Lagos Danfo, you will be intimidated to pay THRICE the fare.

sad sad sad sad

dayokanu:

Actually mosquitoes in lagos only bite the rich. When you spay Raid or use mosquito net you are only inviting mosquitoes but if you open your window and sleep unclothed the mosquitoe sef go fear.

When it tries to suck blood and its proboscis are hitting bone, instead of sucking blood its sucking "shekpe" from your veins.

Have you heard where human being infected mosquitoes with disease? Check Orile iganmu.

This guy is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. grin grin grin grin grin I didn't know you were like this.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

For where? She sitting on my lap with well-endowed hips is sexual molestation too. The "weapon" can send a message to the lady.  grin When you get down at the bus stop both can proceed from there.

This, i must say is a cardinal SIN.

chic2pimp:

They are still useless til 2day gan sef.
In my own experience, it's the Richer neighbourhoods dey enjoy pass cuz Nepa officials would happily come and mnd their electricity cuz of the Huge Bribe that awaits them embarassed embarassed

The top guns in ma area don't stay at home. . . . .It is one constitutional conference in Abuja or the other so they couldn't bribe.
All you would keep hearing is the blaring sounds of generators and the smoke can KILL.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
man abeg, stop reminding me joor, mosquitoes dey slap person wey no quick sleep for Lagos, if u do strong head, u no wan sleep, dem go dey come sing Christmas carol song for your ears, if u still no gree, na rocket launcher remain be that, dem go dey jam u left and right until you are forced to sleep (Lagos mosquitoes are agbero trained)

The best anti mosquito is like 5 shots of the hardest Shekpe and you would sleep so soundly that Mosquitoes would be scared sef.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by akigbemaru: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
For more exposure
more research opportunity
more of Akata girls
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

That is sexual molestation. . . . .
"Chook" from behind? Will his weapon cut through her garments?
Who is molesting who, the lady or the Gentleman? grin grin
Remember the dude can also claim it oooo grin

stillwater:

The least I had done was to board danfo. I no get liver to enter molue.  grin
Same Here embarassed

TOPE2000!:

I think we both know u are talking abt u grin cheesy

O ti ooo.
Friends Of Mine wink grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
The least I had done was to board danfo. I no get liver to enter molue.

See ajebutter. Molue was my schoolbus
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

The best anti mosquito is like 5 shots of the hardest Shekpe and you would sleep so soundly that Mosquitoes would be scared sef.

the mosquitoes for your side na deeper life mosquitoes, they don't drink, they don't smoke, you never jam real Pagan mosquitoes before? na stroll dem dey use suck blood, if you like, drink a drum of shepe, dem no send, mosquitoes wey dey use teeth tear net enter room na him me dey talk oo.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

u dey mind all these ajebutters? i once trekked from surulere to iyana ipaja during the abiola riot, it wasn't easy, but now, i can trek to Eritrea.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

u dey mind all these ajebutters? i once trekked from surulere to iyana ipaja during the abiola riot, it wasn't easy, but now, i can trek to Eritrea.

LMAO!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

who be this? My father never worked for NEPA thank you.

So it's you.

Wahala boy.

Anyways, you're welcome.  wink
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by iJAY1: 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
may be u shd ask why am gonna leav fis modafuckin country. 9jeriia is a total mess that only god can rebiuld
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

The top guns in ma area don't stay at home. . . . .It is one constitutional conference in Abuja or the other so they couldn't bribe.
All you would keep hearing is the blaring sounds of generators and the smoke can KILL.
What part of Ikeja did you live in?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

grin grin grin grin grin grin, man abeg, stop reminding me joor, mosquitoes dey slap person wey no quick sleep for Lagos, if u do strong head, u no wan sleep, dem go dey come sing Christmas carol song for your ears, if u still no gree, na rocket launcher remain be that, dem go dey jam u left and right until you are forced to sleep (Lagos mosquitoes are agbero trained) grin grin grin

Hahaha!

Nice one!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Hahaha,

This thread is funny.

Are you serious?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

the mosquitoes for your side na deeper life mosquitoes, they don't drink, they don't smoke, you never jam real Pagan mosquitoes before? na stroll dem dey use suck blood, if you like, drink a drum of shepe, dem no send, mosquitoes wey dey use teeth tear net enter room na him me dey talk oo.

Omg,

Rofl.

I am shedding tears because of this comment, literally speaking.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
cultey:

Hahaha!

Nice one!

well, na so e bi, i don't even wait at the bus-stop again, it has mastered me, if no bus for bus-stop, na either i take bike or i dey use leg waka go until i see bus/bike.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2010
chic2pimp:

What part of Ikeja did you live in?

Off Allen Ave.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2010
i-JAY:

may be u shd ask why am gonna leav fis modafuckin country. 9jeriia is a total mess that only god can rebiuld

Anh anh bros,

Take am easy nah!

Anyway, I feel your pain,  I feel your pain!  wink
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
cultey:

Omg,

Rofl.

I am shedding tears because of this comment, literally speaking.

na so we see am, see the thing has even affected the way i sleep at night, i can stay up in the night till like 4-5am without blinking, because i still remember how i use to kill mosquitoes while my bros are all sleeping, when they wake up, all they see is mark of blood on their body and blood stains on the walls.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ honeric01,

Were you the one that gave updates on the Nigeria vs. Congo match?

If that was you, thanks.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
Well fun for you guys, suffering and all. As for me, 100% ajebutter, never encountered a single mosquito
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

na so we see am, see the thing has even affected the way i sleep at night, i can stay up in the night till like 4-5am without blinking, because i still remember how i use to kill mosquitoes while my bros are all sleeping, when they wake up, all they see is mark of blood on their body and blood stains on the walls.

Hahahahahahhahha.

Heya, sorry!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well fun for you guys, suffering and all. As for me, 100% ajebutter, never encountered a single mosquito

Then you have definitely not stepped foot into Benin Republic,

Not to talk of reaching the borders of almighty naija.

A.K.A, mosquito haven.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Off Allen Ave.
For Real?
I lived in Ikeja for a while then Moved to the Ogba area.
I passed Allen Avenue area everyday on my way to school.

SEFAGO:

Obviously you never accounted em' cuz of the area you resided in.
But come oooo, I'm not too sure about this cuz i've been to every posh area in the Lagos and you'll still find mosquitoes there.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dinggle: 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
Madam rebrand wasnt rebranding Nigeria's image well, I thot I could do a better job, travelling under the rebranding umbrella when I got to yankee, I discovered that our leaders have been recycling us, bewitching us and telling us lies. At first I thot my parents were part of the Nigerian conspiracy, if not why didnt they leave Nigeria earlier on and why wasnt I born in America??, then I concluded, before my unborn kids accuse me of being a part of the Nigerian conspiracy I should switch lanes before my visa expired. I simply negiotiated with the yankees to give them my honor in return for a shot at the American dream. Since Nigeria had no dream. It worked and I landed.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
cultey:

@ honeric01,

Were you the one that gave updates to the Nigeria vs. Congo match?

If that was you, thanks.

i think i did.

SEFAGO:

well, thank your God and your parents, but then, things happen for a reason, in everything, i still give thanks, we have all grown up and we have vowed never to let our own kids experience things like that.

cultey:

Hahahahahahhahha.

Heya, sorry!

that one na history now, at least i know how it feels when i see people wey dey suffer.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by VPG: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
Nigeria leader Goodluck Jonathan dissolves cabinet

Goodluck Jonathan assumed executive powers on 9 February
Nigeria's acting president, Goodluck Jonathan, has dissolved the country's cabinet, government sources say.

Mr Jonathan became acting president in February amid the continuing illness of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Mr Yar'Adua went to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November last year and, despite returning to Nigeria recently, has not been seen in public.

The cabinet was picked by Mr Yar'Adua and correspondents say Mr Jonathan is now trying to stamp his own authority.

Election candidate

Information Minister Dora Akunyili said after a cabinet meeting: "Today, the acting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, dissolved the Federal Executive Council (cabinet).

ANALYSIS

Chris Ewokor, BBC News, Abuja
The move was expected, considering the stories that made the rounds of the newspaper front pages in Nigeria on Wednesday. Some here had been calling for the dissolution of the cabinet, suggesting it had not performed to expectations.
Many here will see this as a major move by the acting president to consolidate his position.

But it is not the first such action. Soon after he became acting president he asserted his authority by swapping ministers - including the minister of justice, who was seen as a close ally of ailing President Yar'Adua.

"He did not give us any reason for the dissolution. Permanent secretaries will take charge of the ministries from tomorrow."

Ms Akunyili said that Mr Jonathan would issue a statement soon on the future make-up of the cabinet.

Mr Jonathan will have to submit the list of new ministers to the National Assembly.

It was only on 9 February that the assembly appointed Mr Jonathan as acting president, allowing him to sign legislation, chair cabinet meetings, reshuffle ministers and release oil funds.

Since he assumed power he has been faced with serious communal violence between Muslim and Christian groups near the city of Jos that has left hundreds dead. On Wednesday, at least 10 people were killed in an attack on a mainly Christian village near Jos.

Armed groups who say they are fighting for a fairer share of oil wealth have also continued their campaign in the Niger Delta.

YAR'ADUA ILLNESS TIMELINE

23 Nov 2009: Goes to hospital in Saudi Arabia
26 Nov: Doctors say he has pericarditis, a heart problem
23 Dec: First court case filed urging him to step down
12 Jan: President gives telephone interview from Saudi Arabia
27 Jan: Cabinet declares president fit
9 Feb: Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan made acting president
24 Feb: Yar'Adua returns
President Yar'Adua was treated in Saudi Arabia for what his doctor described as acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. There are no details of his current condition.

Amid the continuing uncertainty over Mr Yar'Adua, it was announced on Tuesday that next year's presidential election could be brought forward by three months.

Mr Yar'Adua's term of office expires in May 2011 but he is not expected to stand again.

The ruling People's Democratic Party, to which both Mr Yar'Adua and Mr Jonathan belong, has a policy of alternating between Muslim and Christian presidential candidates, allowing each to serve two four-year terms.

Mr Yar'Adua, a Muslim, was elected in 2007 after Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, had ruled for eight years.

The People's Democratic Party this month confirmed that a Muslim would be the candidate next year to continue this policy, ruling out Mr Jonathan, a Christian.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
^ Relevance?

well, thank your God and your parents, but then, things happen for a reason, in everything, i still give thanks, we have all grown up and we have vowed never to let our own kids experience things like that.

LOL, I am kidding guys, thats the biggest crap- mosquito is a subsaharan phenomena- no one escaped that stuff
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2010

Me na Jibowu/Fadeyi to Egbeda. Omo that day Nigeria do me like Ghana.

Off Allen Ave.

Off Allen for where? You sabi First bank bus stop?
One of my Aunties used to live there. I think she was Nosa Igiebors(TELL magazine) neighbour.

Theres one canteen there where we used to go and eat. We would order fufu 4 when they ask for meat just tell them say u get toothache. and you would leave the place with like 7 toothpicks so people would think you ate a whole buffalo.

For Real?
I lived in Ikeja for a while then Moved to the Ogba area.
I passed Allen Avenue area everyday on my way to school.

Dont tell me you were that petulant kid that used to cry everyday on his way to school with mucus dripping from the nose. And the housegirl or was it your sister would always give you backhand slap when u sit down in the mud.

You sabi Ipodo?

Any guy man here sabi Ipodo "where things dey happen"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London / Vested Interest In APC Delaying Emergence Of Tinubu’s Running Mate / Lebanese Suspects Planned To Bomb Israeli Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.