Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (44750 Views)

Exposing Why Oyinbos Probably Cannot Find God, Nor Be Saved. / Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" / I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Good morning bro...

Trust you had a refreshing night rest. I also hope your day started on a bright note.

Quick one please... is it possible for potential energy to become kinetic energy without any sort of intervention?

Welcome back boss. A sort of intervention as how, a force?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Akin1212:

Welcome back boss. A sort of intervention as how, a force?

Thanks bigger boss smiley

Yeah I was looking at all sorts of intervention. Either through force or any other possible means science can manipulate energy.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Thanks bigger boss smiley

Yeah I was looking at all sorts of intervention. Either through force or any other possible means science can manipulate energy.

The truth is that it is possible, Potential energy does not mean that the energy is static. The energy is only stored and used when the object that possesses the energy is moving and consequently converted to kinetic energy. But the body or object must have another type of energy interactions which migh cause the potential energy to be used or converted to kinetic energy.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
Akin1212:

The truth is that it is possible, Potential energy does not mean that the energy is static. The energy is only stored and used when the object that possesses the energy is moving and consequently converted to kinetic energy. But the body or object must have another type of energy interactions which migh cause the potential energy to be used or converted to kinetic energy.

Okay boss... You know I actually learnt a few things from our interesting discussions. I was thinking and the following questions came up:

1) Is Universal Energy Potential or Kinetic Energy?

2) If it is potential energy, can it create universal materials like planets, asteroids and comets in that state?

3) If it is Kinetic energy, what could be the trigger for its conversion from its Potential state?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Ken4Christ: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Akin1212:

Yes, I will, if I am not just called the all-powerful in name but the all-powerful in deeds, I will use all my power to recover the house and my enemy will tremble when he sees me. Why will he tremble? Because I made him. After all, God chased the devil from heaven when he challenged him, is that lawful to you? Albeit I don't believe in the story anymore, but is it lawful? Of course not, so don't bring laws here because according to religion, God is not bound by law.

Like I said up there, I was thought that the law doesn't tie God down because he is above all. What are you saying?
Besides, what was God doing that he allowed Satan in Eden? Satan must have been killed before he went down to Eden. Did God see what was going to happen? If God didn't know Adam was going to be deceived, then he can't see tomorrow. It was all a gamble, maybe Adam will fall or he will not fall.

God can kill Satan without souls perishing. If he can't do that then he can't do everything.
God has been doing and undoing, and he is above everything crooked. When he allegedly destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, who held him for that? When he destroyed the world with water, was he not praised for that? When he killed their firstborns in Egypt was he not worshipped for that? Excuse me, your answers brought more questions you have to be honest while answering.

You are talking like this because you have a criminal disposition. God is not bound by any law but he is also not lawless. Do you catch a criminal and condemn him without following due process?

Receive Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour before it is too late. Otherwise, you will regret the day your mother gave birth to you when you see yourself in the pit of hell.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by ashjay001(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Akin1212:

Can you try to pretend to be sensible by not throwing abusive words around for once? Act as an intellectual you are portraying yourself as or is it that painful that I deny the existence of whatever God you worship? Am I responsible for your stupidity?
If you have any point to raise as to the existence of your imaginary friend, type it and let's see. Beginning an e-war wouldn't make God send angels to your aid if he exists. I don't want to derail this thread and fill with going back and forth with you, if that's too mature for you to carry, go and pour your frustrations elsewhere.

Now to address your post.
Believing and disbelieving in a diety is a personal thing. You only come together with people when you have the same line of thoughts with them. Christians and Muslims don't have the same line of thoughts about God, and their disagreement is obvious even to a new born. I don't have ogas anywhere when it comes to believing that God doesn't exist. I started the journey personally and I don't need anybody to put me through. And that's unlike you who might have religious leaders or someone you look unto. Can you grasp the difference between us?

Seriously, I am disappointed you don't know a lot of things. But you place yourself as someone who knows. It is a big big crime. Just stop already. Science and atheism are two different things, I expected you to know that already, but unfortunately, you don't. There are scientists who are theists, there are scientists who are atheists. I'm glad you learnt that from me. So, you can continue to research on what you have learnt here now.

Scientists didn't confirm an afterlife where you go to heaven or go to hell. They only said, the brain still functions for a few minutes after death. Which I knew even before you could help yourself out by browsing it. It's a pity that science has suffered so much in the hands of the ignorant ones, it's really a pity and I weep for science. Well keep coming up with what you don't understand, I will keep explaining them to you.

Is this what amazes you about atheism? Wow, so much thoughts you have there. Now read below.

1) Do you agree that we are supreme to AI when it comes to intelligence? Your words show you are, but why are you "self preserving" yourself from something you're more intelligent and powerful than? Why are you so bothered about the communication that can ensue between AIs since we are still superior to them? Brother it seems your logic is coming back to hunt you, isn't it? Now who is sounding ignoramously? Now I am more amazed about your theism indeed.
Theism is an illusion which you just showed. You said we should stop creating AI because they can be dangerous, and be more powerful, now to claim or show that there must something that created us, you implied we are superior than AI because we created them. Are you confused? Come let me help you.

2) Atheism is not foolish, you just need to give it a chance in your life. We were not created by something immaterial. We must have been created by something material because we are physical. This is reality sir, face it. This is what could have happened. Energy vs Spirit, I have chosen Energy because it is more logical and reasonable to me. So, if some scientists can't see it and some can see it the way I see it, why are you hurt about it?

This is not a competition, if you don't have anything logical to bring to the table than jabs, go and take a piss, please.

I am not surprised to read this from someone who have been assuming things in real life based on fictions like MATRIX. I guess the line above clearly addresses your situation.

U must love d sound of urself thinking!gringrin

Stop putting ur thoughts as mine. Since u av a poor memory n minimal comprehension skills, u need to go back n rejog ur memory on our chats!?

I really cant start explaining my self to u, since u seem blockheaded enough, to discern.

Where did I claim AI should be abandoned? Or claimed I believed in a heaven or hell?!

U're actually a pompous brat!? Like all atheist i've come across!? The last bastions of knowledge!?

U think n so, u are!? Claiming to school a total stranger, on a virtual interface? I hear.

I realise its pointless anyway. But, just so u'll remember, u heard it from me first!? U n all ur ilks, dont know shit abt d world n all that is therein!

New human remains where discovered in southern africa. Same with larger than ever before measured, dinosaur remains. These discoveries have changed all their perception of what was before.

More than half of our realities are still a mystery. Ur tots on it are inconsequential!

Life is what it is. Spend ur appointed time n get d fvck out! Better men than u(king tut, alexander, solomon, socrates, plato, pythagoras, darwin, einstein), are dead
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 1:50am On Nov 04, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Okay boss... You know I actually learnt a few things from our interesting discussions. I was thinking and the following questions came up:

1) Is Universal Energy Potential or Kinetic Energy?

2) If it is potential energy, can it create universal materials like planets, asteroids and comets in that state?

3) If it is Kinetic energy, what could be the trigger for its conversion from its Potential state?

1) Universal Energy is not a definite form of Energy, hence the name Universal. It could be any form of energy in its manifestation. Like one way or the other, it's still part of it that we use as our energy currency, ATP, the chemical energy responsible for life.

2)You are still making a mistake when you say energy creates. Energy cannot create, you have to be intelligent to create and intelligence is not one of the energy's attributes. Nevertheless, this universal energy is just a source of power to natural causes. Natural causes have no direction. An earthquake can sweep people out all out today where rain just fell on crops. Natural disasters don't have direction too and it doesn't care about who is affected.

3)Like I said, it can be any form of Energy. But to clear the confusion of kinetic and potential energy. Potential and Kinetic energy are only concerned when you mention a body in motion, an object or a particle. Energy conversions take place at every moment. Energy is the sole of existence. Say, for instance, the earth. The earth is undergoing free fall in its orbit. And since this is happening by the action of a particular force(gravitational) through a certain distance, in this case, radians, there is a certain amount of universal energy being used. We cannot do anything without this thing call energy.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Akin1212:

1) Universal Energy is not a definite form of Energy, hence the name Universal. It could be any form of energy in its manifestation. Like one way or the other, it's still part of it that we use as our energy currency, ATP, the chemical energy responsible for life.

2)You are still making a mistake when you say energy creates. Energy cannot create, you have to be intelligent to create and intelligence is not one of the energy's attributes. Nevertheless, this universal energy is just a source of power to natural causes. Natural causes have no direction. An earthquake can sweep people out all out today where rain just fell on crops. Natural disasters don't have direction too and it doesn't care about who is affected.

3)Like I said, it can be any form of Energy. But to clear the confusion of kinetic and potential energy. Potential and Kinetic energy are only concerned when you mention a body in motion, an object or a particle. Energy conversions take place at every moment. Energy is the sole of existence. Say, for instance, the earth. The earth is undergoing free fall in its orbit. And since this is happening undecided by the action of a particular force(gravitational) through a certain distance, in this case, radians, there is a certain amount of universal energy being used. We cannot do anything without this thing call energy.

Good morning boss. Thanks for the clarification. Another question please.

If we agree energy is unconscious, but must be manipulated by Humans to achieve certain goals. Why can't this viewpoint be extrapolated on a larger scale to conclude that Universal energy is also manipulated as a tool by an intelligent life form to create objects such as planets, comets, stars e.t.c. that we can see in the universe?

1 Like

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Good morning boss. Thanks for the clarification. Another question please.

If we agree energy is unconscious, but must be manipulated by Humans to achieve certain goals. Why can't this viewpoint be extrapolated on a larger scale to conclude that Universal energy is also manipulated as a tool by an intelligent life form to create objects such as planets, comets, stars e.t.c. that we can see in the universe?

Good afternoon. You see brother, you have to withdraw from this unseen intelligent life you are imagining. Humans are physical and energy is physical. Any intelligent being that will manipulate energy must be physical and humans will be able to see it. This intelligent being would be eating to maintain its existence, this intelligent being must be able to gain and lose energy but the opposite is the case, right?. To be sincere, it's not like I don't want a God to exist or want it to exist. If it truly exists and it's discoverable by the practicable principles I know, which is science, then I'll believe what's true.

But, the idea of God started when there was no science, when there was no answer to the things the men who lived saw. It's obvious that all that was written came as a result of the inability to discern. That is why they even attributed evil to the God they want us to serve. I wouldn't serve a God who would do evil for any sort for a greater good, is that the only way to achieve a greater good? There's nothing like that. All these concepts were created by men, cavemen who if being called ignorant men, you'll still be on point. Energy cannot be manipulated by spirits, albeit they don't exist.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Akin1212:

Good afternoon. You see brother, you have to withdraw from this unseen intelligent life you are imagining. Humans are physical and energy is physical. Any intelligent being that will manipulate energy must be physical and humans will be able to see it. This intelligent being would be eating to maintain its existence, this intelligent being must be able to gain and lose energy but the opposite is the case, right?. To be sincere, it's not like I don't want a God to exist or want it to exist. If it truly exists and it's discoverable by the practicable principles I know, which is science, then I'll believe what's true.

But, the idea of God started when there was no science, when there was no answer to the things the men who lived saw. It's obvious that all that was written came as a result of the inability to discern. That is why they even attributed evil to the God they want us to serve. I wouldn't serve a God who would do evil for any sort for a greater good, is that the only way to achieve a greater good? There's nothing like that. All these concepts were created by men, cavemen who if being called ignorant men, you'll still be on point. Energy cannot be manipulated by spirits, albeit they don't exist.

Have you heard of alternate realities and other planes of existence?

Just to add, have you done some research on the mysteries of time and space in the universe?

Honestly, on a personal note, it feels absurd to ignore the existence of a Creator. It feels like you created a robot... but the robot doesn't recognize you as its creator... perhaps due to how you programmed the robot or maybe due to other factors .
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Still talking about the physical realms or the spriritual? That's he major difference, it's the possibilities of a realm or another, it's what realm is it? We can't assume there is a spiritual realm, we can't. I have been repeating this.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Just to add, have you done some research on the mysteries of time and space in the universe?

Honestly, on a personal note, it feels absurd to ignore the existence of a Creator. It feels like you created a robot... but the robot doesn't recognize you as its creator... perhaps due to how you programmed the robot or maybe due to other factors .

When it comes to robotics, it's a totally different phenomenon you people try to join as one. Life is a mystery, that's true and that includes everything that characterizes life such as time. But must we make a spirit the creator because we don't understand the mysteries?

The existence of a supernatural being doesn't explain anything, there's no empirical fact that support it. There's none.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

When it comes to robotics, it's a totally different phenomenon you people try to join as one. Life is a mystery, that's true and that includes everything that characterizes life such as time. But must we make a spirit the creator because we don't understand the mysteries?

The existence of a supernatural being doesn't explain anything, there's no empirical fact that support it.
There's none.

Good morning boss... your statement which I just quoted and bolded sums up my challenge with atheists and religious people in general. Trying to figure out the existence of an Eternal Creator is just like using the mental power of an ant to understand a Human Being.

If Science is still on a journey to figuring out whether or not a Creator like "God" exists, I have left that bus stop a long time ago, because the abundant evidences in nature alone (forget Bible and other "Holy" books) aligns perfectly with my common sense.

I must confess, I remain grateful to you though, in my quest for the TRUTH, I have learnt two major things from you;

1) How higher life forms are a product of one-celled organisms.
2) The place of Energy in the scheme of things.

It was really insightful having a productive discussion with an atheist in my quest for TRUTH. I have learnt something from you that no one will teach me in a religious gathering.

Even though we may not agree on everything, I look forward to more fruitful discussions with you going forward.

It seems you have an open mind, and that is what I really admire.

Cheers and Happy Sunday cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Good morning boss... your statement which I just quoted and bolded sums up my challenge with atheists and religious people in general. Trying to figure out the existence of an Eternal Creator is just like using the mental power of an ant to understand a Human Being.

If Science is still on a journey to figuring out whether or not a Creator like "God" exists, I have left that bus stop a long time ago, because the abundant evidences in nature alone (forget Bible and other "Holy" books) aligns perfectly with my common sense.

I must confess, I remain grateful to you though, in my quest for the TRUTH, I have learnt two major things from you;

1) How higher life forms are a product of one-celled organisms.
2) The place of Energy in the scheme of things.

It was really insightful having a productive discussion with an atheist in my quest for TRUTH. I have learnt something from you that no one will teach me in a religious gathering.

Even though we may not agree on everything, I look forward to more fruitful discussions with you going forward.

It seems you have an open mind, and that is what I really admire.

Cheers and Happy Sunday cool

Good morning. I quickly want to address your points which came as a reply to my comments you bolded. Life is a mystery, yes, a mystery that can be unraveled. Science particularly has been doing a great unraveling what was unknown. Nobody knew genes, cells, molecules some 2000 years ago. At least, now we know and we know how to cure some deadly diseases now, all thanks to science.

The answer to the mysteries of the world is SCIENCE, no doubts.

Religion or the assumption of a spiritual being doesn't bring any knowledge or solution to the mysteries. What religion does is "assume" a creator and leaves it at that. I don't want to be part of that assumption, and the mystery we are striving to understand also does not serve as an empirical fact that something exists out there. Now we know what happens when two couples have sex and one conceives, now we know what happens when mosquitoes bite us, Now we know the name and mode of action of many bacteria, now we can treat Typhoid knowing what we are doing, now we can do a whole lot of things, and all these didn't come by the holy spirit, all these didn't come because we kept assuming, all these came by SCIENCE.

The input of a God is not seen because through this same science where all things are being known, we cannot see the possibility of some spirit creating us or the world.
Now you argue that it is like trying to understand human beings with the mental power of ants, I say no to that analogy and I'll briefly give my reasons.
You would be surprised that ants understand us in their own way and they see our possibility. They know we exist and they try as much as they can to avoid us. What I am saying and will keep saying is, if there is a God who created this world, then that God must be a physical being. The only thing physical that is worthy of attributing the power of creation to is Energy, but it is not self-aware and does not require being worshipped.
There is no empirical fact or anything that hold water that gives evidence for the existence of spirits. Whether it be of God, Satan or humans.

Even if God has hidden his own spirit from us, at least we should be able to test for the spirit of men. But there is nothing like that.

Nature is big, yes we may not understand it all, but nature is not God, is it? But is nature fit to be worshipped?
To me, religious people have mistaken nature for an intelligent being, we are not intelligently made, there are lots of faults in us.

This misunderstanding of nature, that made men to think there is someone powerful who made them, is unreasonable and I withdraw from it.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

Good morning. I quickly want to address your points which came as a reply to my comments you bolded. Life is a mystery, yes, a mystery that can be unraveled. Science particularly has been doing a great unraveling what was unknown. Nobody knew genes, cells, molecules some 2000 years ago. At least, now we know and we know how to cure some deadly diseases now, all thanks to science.

The answer to the mysteries of the world is SCIENCE, no doubts.

Religion or the assumption of a spiritual being doesn't bring any knowledge or solution to the mysteries. What religion does is "assume" a creator and leaves it at that. I don't want to be part of that assumption, and the mystery we are striving to understand also does not serve as an empirical fact that something exists out there. Now we know what happens when two couples have sex and one conceives, now we know what happens when mosquitoes bite us, Now we know the name and mode of action of many bacteria, now we can treat Typhoid knowing what we are doing, now we can do a whole lot of things, and all these didn't come by the holy spirit, all these didn't come because we kept assuming, all these came by SCIENCE.

The input of a God is not seen because through this same science where all things are being known, we cannot see the possibility of some spirit creating us or the world.
Now you argue that it is like trying to understand human beings with the mental power of ants, I say no to that analogy and I'll briefly give my reasons.
You would be surprised that ants understand us in their own way and they see our possibility. They know we exist and they try as much as they can to avoid us. What I am saying and will keep saying is, if there is a God who created this world, then that God must be a physical being. The only thing physical that is worthy of attributing the power of creation to is Energy, but it is not self-aware and does not require being worshipped.
There is no empirical fact or anything that hold water that gives evidence for the existence of spirits. Whether it be of God, Satan or humans.

Even if God has hidden his own spirit from us, at least we should be able to test for the spirit of men. But there is nothing like that.

Nature is big, yes we may not understand it all, but nature is not God, is it? But is nature fit to be worshipped?
To me, religious people have mistaken nature for an intelligent being, we are not intelligently made, there are lots of faults in us.

This misunderstanding of nature, that made men to think there is someone powerful who made them, is unreasonable and I withdraw from it.

Two questions:
Is it possible for an Orchestra (Universe) to play a harmonious melody without a Choir Master (Creator)?

Is it possible for unconscious energy to create things on its own?

Your points on nature, I totally agree with it. I don't worship nature or "God", rather I synchronize with it to have a fruitful Partnership. It is also not out of place to be Thankful for the fruitful Partnership. At least courtesy demands that.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Two questions:
Is it possible for an Orchestra (Universe) to play a harmonious melody without a Choir Master (Creator)?

Your points on nature, I totally agree with it. I don't worship nature or "God", rather I synchronize with it to have a fruitful Partnership.

Only that the universe is not an orchestra and doesn't need a choir master.

Only that energy is not a creator and doesn't create things.

You keep repeating what has been addressed. Energy is the power that made all things non-living become living. We are a mass of non-living materials that use oxygen. We are proteins(non-living) made up by DNA(non-living). We don't need a creator, we only need energy.

Maybe there were some beings before us, maybe there were some extraterrestrial beings that existed first before humans outside earth and they manipulate or created everything. But brother, they can't be spirits, they will have to be physical beings that we humans can see, and when we die we won't go and be in their kingdom, they will have limitations, they won't have angels or arch enemies, they don't require worships, they didn't make us from clay, they don't give prophecies, they are just physical and in high places.

But then, scientifically, there is still no empirical facts that prove such or the other(spiritual intelligence) exists anywhere. The only thing we are prepared for is any other life that exists out there but less powerful than the assumed physical creators.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

Only that the universe is not an orchestra and doesn't need a choir master.

Only that energy is not a creator and doesn't create things.

You keep repeating what has been addressed. Energy is the power that made all things non-living become living. We are a mass of non-living materials that use oxygen. We are proteins(non-living) made up by DNA(non-living). We don't need a creator, we only need energy.

If Science needs energy to be manipulated by humans to achieve certain results...why can't an intelligent life form equally utilize Universal energy to create the planet you and I live on?

Or are you saying unconscious energy intelligently designed the solar system?

If energy is not responsible for the creation of the solar system we live in then what is responsible?

You said the Universe is the only Orchestra that needs no choir master. Why is the Universe the exception to this rule?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

If Science needs energy to be manipulated by humans to achieve certain results...why can't an intelligent life form equally utilize Universal energy to create the planet you and I live on?

Or are you saying unconscious energy intelligently designed the solar system?

If energy is not responsible for the creation of the solar system we live in then what is responsible?

Tell me, do you manipulate the energy stored in you as ATP? When I say energy is self-conscious, it simply means it doesn't know that itself is called energy. You appear to have misunderstood my self-conscious points on energy. It doesn't mean energy require our manipulations all the time. Energy is self-manipulating. All you need to do is eat, then you will have ATP which will go to different compartments and do work there.

An intelligent life form you said, an intelligent life form cannot be a spirit because a spirit is not a life form. I hope you realize this? Are you then saying this God you believe in is a physical life form?

To you, is the solar system intelligent? Don't get it twisted sir. The sun can cause a lot of damage, hence it's not intelligently designed.

The universe is not a figurative object, you will need to stop seeing it as an orchestra. It is reality bro. Energy is real too

Maybe there were some beings before us, maybe there were some extraterrestrial beings that existed first before humans outside earth and they manipulate or created everything. But brother, they can't be spirits, they will have to be physical beings that we humans can see, and when we die we won't go and be in their kingdom, they will have limitations, they won't have angels or arch enemies, they don't require worships, they didn't make us from clay, they don't give prophecies, they are just physical and in high places.

But then, scientifically, there is still no empirical facts that prove such or the other(spiritual intelligence) exists anywhere. The only thing we are prepared for is any other life that exists out there but less powerful than the assumed physical creators.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by GasAndOilTheory(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

All these your gods turned devils don't exist. You haven't answered the question in any way. Thanks, I don't subscribe to your line of belief
nice reply

1 Like

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

Tell me, do you manipulate the energy stored in you as ATP? When I say energy is self-conscious, it simply means it doesn't know that itself is called energy. You appear to have misunderstood my self-conscious points on energy. It doesn't mean energy require our manipulations all the time. Energy is self-manipulating. All you need to do is eat, then you will have ATP which will go to different compartments and do work there.

An intelligent life form you said, an intelligent life form cannot be a spirit because a spirit is not a life form. I hope you realize this? Are you then saying this God you believe in is a physical life form?

To you, is the solar system intelligent? Don't get it twisted sir. The sun can cause a lot of damage, hence it's not intelligently designed.

The universe is not a figurative object, you will need to stop seeing it as an orchestra. It is reality bro. Energy is real too

The Eternal Creator is not a physical being nor a Spirit, but a combination of everything your sense can perceive.

By the way, you said a Spirit is not a life form...then what is it?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

The Eternal Creator is not a physical being nor a Spirit, but a combination of everything your sense can perceive.

By the way, you said a Spirit is not a life form...then what is it?

So the eternal creator exist in our perceptions? LoL, that's ridiculous. How then did it create all these things? No way.

A spirit as described is not a life form. Depending on how you define it, some call it will, strength, courage, disposition etc. According to those who believe in it, they said it doesn't die. Anything that does not die can't have a life form. Anything that cannot die cannot be said to be living.

A spirit, if I am to subscribe to the idea would only be a characteristic of life, not life itself.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by frank317: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Two questions:

Your points on nature, I totally agree with it. I don't worship nature or "God", rather I synchronize with it to have a fruitful Partnership. It is also not out of place to be Thankful for the fruitful Partnership. At least courtesy demands that.

U synchronize with what? U cant synchronize with what u dont understand... or perhaps u understand it thats why u synchronize with it, which brings me to the question i kept on asking u in our last discussion... how do u know what or who this creator u synchronize
With is? How do u know the creator is one and not many? What image comes to your mind when u mention the creator...what really are u synchronizing with
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2017
frank317:

U synchronize with what? U cant synchronize with what u dont understand... or perhaps u understand it thats why u synchronize with it, which brings me to the question i kept on asking u in our last discussion... how do u know what or who this creator u synchronize
With is? How do u know the creator is one and not many? What image comes to your mind when u mention the creator...what really are u synchronizing with

Good question, I focus on erasing his doubts rather than questioning his belief. Maybe questioning his belief would be a nice idea.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by frank317: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

To add... they also dont need to create a devil that will compete with it...

U are doing a great job here by the way

2 Likes

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2017
frank317:

Perfect response, can you know more than someone that is wiser than you?

Because you don't know more, does it stop you from Partnering with such a Person?

I can only know better with time as I get closer to such a being...

For assumption sake... imagine my sync level is at 20%, because I do not know it all...for now.

For the records, do not see me as an atheist or a theist. I am a free soul.

Strive to seek for the TRUTH, for it shall set you free.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by frank317: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Of course it's possible for an 'intelligent' life form to equally utilize universal energy to create the planet we live in... but do u know of any?

The universe could have come about in a whole lot of possible ways if we want to let our mind run wild... it could have been made by a group of aliens, by energy, by one yawheh or allah, by dinosors, by a giant all knowing ball, by an invisible elephant.... but that will always be just our minds running wild... we shouldn't go about worshiping any of these possibilites just because our minds can think them up.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Because you don't know more, does it stop you from Partnering with such a Person?

For assumption sake... imagine my sync level is at 20%, because I do not know it all...for now.

If you are a truth seeker, then that would make you an atheist. If you believe a creator then that makes you a theist. You can't suddenly form a group out of nowhere which doesn't even apply to anything, but you appear more as an agnostic fellow.

But your creator doesn't seem to be someone. it lives in your perception. Perceptions are wrong 80% of the time. Face reality instead.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by frank317: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It depends... but for the sake of discussion...NO

No... but i least i know who i am partnering with. The fact that he knows more than me does not mean that he is invisible.

Get closer to such a being... i want to assume u know definitely that it is A being? For starters, how do u know it is one being?

This is obvious... considering u make an assumption and call it a creator

Sure... no problem

What truth? Have u found the truth? What truth did you find out?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
frank317:

Of course it's possible for an 'intelligent' life form to equally utilize universal energy to create the planet we live in... but do u know of any?

The universe could have come about in a whole lot of possible ways if we want to let our mind run wild... it could have been made by a group of aliens, by energy, by one yawheh or allah, by dinosors, by a giant all knowing ball, by an invisible elephant.... but that will always be just our minds running wild... we shouldn't go about worshiping any of these possibilites just because our minds can think them up.

You are perfectly right in assuming that an intelligent life form, But it's not what religion paints Him/It to be. That's what I want atheists and theists to understand.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
OkaiCorne:

You are perfectly right in assuming that an intelligent life form, But it's not what religion paints Him/It to be. That's what I want atheists and theists to understand.

Does the universe look like something that was created by an intelligent being to you? Would you create this world like this if you had the power?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
frank317:

It depends... but for the sake of discussion...NO

No... but i least i know who i am partnering with. The fact that he knows more than me does not mean that he is invisible.

Get closer to such a being... i want to assume u know definitely that it is A being? For starters, how do u know it is one being?

This is obvious... considering u make an assumption and call it a creator

Sure... no problem

What truth? Have u found the truth? What truth did you find out?

I will share some testimonies with you. It's something you can also apply and get results.

I understand that atheists don't care about the seeds, but only the fruit.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
Akin1212:

Does the universe look like something that was created by an intelligent being to you? Would you create this world like this if you had the power?

If I had the capacity to do so, why not?

Thanks to Science and other advancements in other areas of knowledge, Humanity is creating the world on its own terms.

Humanity will advance to a point where they can do this. I might sound ridiculous now, just as how Edison sounded ridiculous before inventing the bulb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry / Folu Adeboye In South African Outfit (photos) / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.