Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4435058 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2015
andrewza:

Don't need to. Just mention my name and I will back you up. But I will say project Biro was not started 1991 just the navy decided to look in to replacing the strike craft.

Which are the 3 IPVs been replaced. So in actual fact, your Biro did begin in 1991.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2015
EVarn:
hahahahahahahahahaha...boo huuuu..This just made my night today.
I finally defeated the southie vermin called mzilakazi!
I have extracted a written confession,making you admit that you are a confused man,grapling for support in the dark.

Wow!! did you even ask yourself why did I say that because your source was incongruous with what you claimed. Nowhere did it mention anything about Atak A129.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Fact is you operate 4 obsolete Frigates. Facts have been provided, with indisputable technical details to back them up.

Instead of crying all over nairaland like a "baby looking for mommy's tittes" provide technical details to counter them.

Congrats you operate 4 obsolete boats.

Can you kindly attach a source to back all your unfounded claims.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2015
mzilakazi:

Wow!! did you even ask yourself why did I say that because your source was incongruous with what you claimed. Nowhere did it mention anything about Atak A129.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..you didnt even read the article!
this further exposes your laziness and intellectual redundancy.
T129 ATAK helicopter was mentioned on the last paragraph of the article.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

So, you Project Biro is from 1991....... Buhahahahahahahahahahahahah, 24 Fvcking years to procure 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs........ Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No wonder you clowns were ashamed to say the year!

Wrong (X), an envisaged project does not mean an actual approved project. In 1991, project Biro was not part of the navy and only thought of as a future project. It was only existing on the mind of Navy chiefs and was not even yet approved or supported by the government.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2015
EVarn:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..you didnt even read the article!
this further exposes your laziness and intellectual redundancy.
T129 ATAK helicopter was mentioned on the last paragraph of the article.

Your source is flawed in every way. Firstly it did not want to give the name of the reporter so as to protect itself from persecution of misleading information. Secondly, the writer of the article is unclear of whether the procurement was completed or was merely added on the list of the military's wish list of fleets. It still remains unclear and as such there is no other sources to serve as control. Even in experiments we do have tests and controls. So there is nothing to be high about until it is confirmed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RudzSA(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
agaugust:

Stay on military topic or simply watch the show
u a Nigerian ...wat do u no about the military ?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Oga, provide detailed evidence to support your claim na? You say they are allegations by a businessman, okay, provide evidence, technical counter evidence as he has done, put us to shame!!!

I've been begging you for over 2 months now, Patch the pirate, please provide sound evidence.

We know that the combat suites in Frigates are defective and obsolete, SOUND TECHNICAL EVIDENCE has been provided.

The Joke is currently on SA Navy Frigates, obsolete Rust buckets handed to you clowns.

Its not sound technical evidence, it is the opinion of one man - an opinion that is baised

Fact is, all the admirals and technical staff of teh French, Saudi and South African navies gave it their stamp of approval

You think the testimony of one man is the word of god?

Consensus in the world wide naval community is that the systems are satisfactory

I also find it ironic that you question the quality of our FOUR frigates when your ONLY frigate is not only non-operational - but beyond obsolete
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

So, you Project Biro is from 1991....... Buhahahahahahahahahahahahah, 24 Fvcking years to procure 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs........ Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who said project biro is from 1991?

Dude, go wiki when the last Warrior Class was built
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Do you know your Purported Project Biro is 24years old and counting?

Where does it say that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Denialism............. The Irony!

Aren't you the same clown who's to embarrassed to admit your Project Biro is from 1991?

Again, who says the project dates from then?

Study =\= Project

Go look at when the last Warrior Class was built
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2015
lionel4power:
don't worry mate details would soon surface.

By the way why is it that any time a source come out to back Nigerias claim all you South Africans say its unreliable. But when a source backs South African claim... You all starts shouting FACT!!! FACT!!!

Double standards
Because our sources are reputable, and yours are not, the fact you have 0 t-129s mate!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

The age of the Hull of the vessels are Irrelevant you clown!

The systems on board are what matters and it's operational capability. Nigerian Navy Frigate sized ships Thunder and Okpobana are the only ships in Africa which come with state of the art R-MACK systems and are the only Vessels with the capacity to circumnavigate Africa.

These are facts you can take to the bank!

NNS Centenary and UNITY are Light Frigates, they are bigger and have larger displacement than the Type-056 corvettes.

Yes, you are on record of making a series of wild allegations and claims. It is also on record, you claimed you were receiving 3 additional Frigates, 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs.

1. No Hull life is extremely relevant - that is why the USN decommissioned them and gave them away for free

2. What are the R-MACK systems? Capabilities? Stats? Tell us!
2a. Valour Class with the Drakensburg can do the same

3. Nope, at 95m and 1800t it comes in as a small Corvette
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NNS-CENTENARY-IMO-0-MMSI-657735000

4. Henry120, this is the second time you have made accusations against me, and this is the second time you have refused to provide any proof to substantiate your claims. Now, you say it is on record - please quote where I said it. I find it disgusting that you would resort to such tactics - congradulations on reaching a new low.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Which are the 3 IPVs been replaced. So in actual fact, your Biro did begin in 1991.

In 1991 Warrior Class was a strike craft, the last one was built in the late 1980's

Now, think, what are the implications of this?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!! What a lie. Project Biro was a concept which stated/proposed by 2008 defence review when the navy wanted to replace some of its ageing fleet and was given the nod by the government on valentines' day of 2014.

The project Biro was shelved from when it was proposed because it was not an immediate need of the navy.

So, Mr whatever they call you, stop misleading your fellow social friends on this forum and I really pity the source that blinded you so terribly. Perhaps you can bring in that source so that we can scrutinize it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2015
jln115:

Because our sources are reputable, and yours are not, the fact you have 0 t-129s mate!
you sound dum.b bro. But i'm not suprised it's in your gene.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2015
patches689:

Its not sound technical evidence, it is the opinion of one man - an opinion that is baised

Fact is, all the admirals and technical staff of teh French, Saudi and South African navies gave it their stamp of approval

You think the testimony of one man is the word of god?

Consensus in the world wide naval community is that the systems are satisfactory

I also find it ironic that you question the quality of our FOUR frigates when your ONLY frigate is not only non-operational - but beyond obsolete

Stop masturbating, Provide Sound Technical Evidence, counter-proof of what are the facts.

Mr Day provide empirical evidence. Since you are unable to match my sources, you retort to naming French and Saudi Navies. Thing is, based on available evidence, the Frigates South-Africa got are no more than basic gunboats.

Consensus is not based on facts that are available for your Frigates. The facts that are available prove beyond all doubts that South-African Navy Frigates are obsolete!

There is no current requirement for the Aradu, and by far, Aradu is a more powerful boat than the Valour Frigate which the South-African Navy operates. Infact in some Navies, the Aradu is described as a Destroyer.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2015
patches689:

Who said project biro is from 1991?

Dude, go wiki when the last Warrior Class was built

Your Project Biro is from 1991. It was conceptualised to replace your Strike craft, and expanded to include OPVs. Now, both the OPVs and IPVs are vessels you don't even have in service, that's 24 years and counting.

You wait 24 years to procure 3 IPVs and 3 OPVs, yet you still don't have any of them in service, the wait continues!

Every year is a Project Biro for the Nigerian Navy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Your Project Biro is from 1991. It was conceptualised to replace your Strike craft, and expanded to include OPVs. Now, both the OPVs and IPVs are vessels you don't even have in service, that's 24 years and counting.

You wait 24 years to procure 3 IPVs and 3 OPVs, yet you still don't have any of them in service, the wait continues!

Go read Einsteins definition of insanity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2015
patches689:

Where does it say that?

AndrewZA, the South-African Navy officer confirms this. Mzilakazi, the clown who claims to be a South-African Army Soldier also confirms this.

mzilakazi:

Wrong (X), an envisaged project does not mean an actual approved project. In 1991, project Biro was not part of the navy and only thought of as a future project. It was only existing on the mind of Navy chiefs and was not even yet approved or supported by the government.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Your 24 years is green lie.

You are telling us lies chief. Your navy does not procure arms every year even when it is under tremendous amount of pressure to do so. Your navy sits in the middle of piracy of the highest order and so far their procurements are just unacceptable and underperforming.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Stop masturbating, Provide Sound Technical Evidence, counter-proof of what are the facts.

Mr Day provide empirical evidence. Since you are unable to match my sources, you retort to naming French and Saudi Navies. Thing is, based on available evidence, the Frigates South-Africa got are no more than basic gunboats.

Consensus is not based on facts that are available for your Frigates. The facts that are available prove beyond all doubts that South-African Navy Frigates are obsolete!

There is no current requirement for the Aradu, and by far, Aradu is a more powerful boat than the Valour Frigate which the South-African Navy operates. Infact in some Navies, the Aradu is described as a Destroyer.
Hahahah your last paragraph nearly killed me mate! Hahahah thanks for the laugh!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

AndrewZA, the South-African Navy officer confirms this. Mzilakazi, the clown who claims to be a South-African Army Soldier also confirms this.

[size=20] YOU ARE A BIG LIAR!!!!!

in fact to tell you the truth I really don't know when the concept started, but before it was approved by the government last year I heard it was one of the projects of the navy that existed some while ago but as to when I don't know. I just only followed your unproven and misinformed claims. Damn, you are a gifted liar.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Henry tell us where do you get the information that project Biro is 24 years or else we won't take you serious but just a fabricator.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. No Hull life is extremely relevant - that is why the USN decommissioned them and gave them away for free

2. What are the R-MACK systems? Capabilities? Stats? Tell us!
2a. Valour Class with the Drakensburg can do the same

3. Nope, at 95m and 1800t it comes in as a small Corvette
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/NNS-CENTENARY-IMO-0-MMSI-657735000

4. Henry120, this is the second time you have made accusations against me, and this is the second time you have refused to provide any proof to substantiate your claims. Now, you say it is on record - please quote where I said it. I find it disgusting that you would resort to such tactics - congradulations on reaching a new low.

1. No, Vessel Hulls undergo a series of renewal during the service life of each vessel. Each ship transferred to the Nigerian Navy so active frontline actions up until only a few weeks before they were transferred to the Nigerian Navy.

Each boat transferred also saw a significant investment of $8 million in systems up-grade and re-birth. Each Vessel transferred to the Nigerian Navy, given the number of up-grades can well be classified as new.

2. Go read up on Regional maritime awareness capability (R-MACK) system onbaord the vessels.

3. NNS cenetnary is an enlarged derivative of the Type-056 corvette, it is a light Frigate.

4. Patches689, you made those claims over and over again. They are all archived in this thread. You said your Navy was going to get 3 Frigates, 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs. It is on record.

You set an all new record for denying your own comments!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
jln115:
Go read Einsteins definition of insanity.
Apparently Andrewza, the South-African Navy officer confirms this.
Should he also go read Einsteins definition of insanity?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
jln115:

Hahahah your last paragraph nearly killed me mate! Hahahah thanks for the laugh!

The Jokes on the South-African Navy and their obsolete Frigates brah!

You should be thanking them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Apparently Andrewza, the South-African Navy officer confirms this.

Should he also go read Einsteins definition of insanity?

You are a pathetic liar indeed. I like it when you use the word "apparently" showing that you are truly unsure about your misleading claims.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Henry120:

Really what's this shiiit you wrote here.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
lionel4power:
you sound dum.b bro. But i'm not suprised it's in your gene.
Really mate? at least I don't believe in fairy tales.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.