Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4436222 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RudzSA(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2015
Henry120:
Lagos, the greatest city in Africa
wen dd that happen ? grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

1. Nigeria commissioned 4 warships in one day, show me which African country does that. South Africa can only dream of such in year 2080.

2. few boats and tugs? Nope, NNS Centenary is a light frigate size stealth OPV, NNS Okpabana is a frigate size OPV with longest range in Africa.

3. South African navy fake Warrior Strike OPVs are half sinking inside heavy waves of the sea, sailors half drunk with sea water grin grin

4. Everyday is a live Project Biro reality in Nigeria !

1. Nigeria commissioned 4 warships in one day:

NNS Centenary - new OPV

NNS Prosperity - 38 year old vessel de-comissioned by the Irish Navy. Second hand scrap.

NNS Okpabana - 74 year old vessel decomissioned by the USCG. Obsolete trash fit only for being smelted down into razor blades.

NNS Sagbama - Type 62 Patrol boat, a class of vessels abandoned by the Chinese Navy due to obsolescence, a 65 year old design

You come to us and brag about this? This trash-heap? These floating museum pieces? [size=20pt]ALL FOUR VESSELS HAVE AN AVERAGE AGE OF 44 YEARS OLD!![/size]

Yes, no one in Africa does that, because no one in Africa is that ST.UPID!!

2. NNS Centenary is a Corvette, NNS Okpadana is GERIATRIC

3. No, South African Warrior Class OPV's are currently patroling the waters of Mozambique

4. Everyday is suffering for the Nigeria navy - a dumping ground for ancient and obsolete equipment!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

You have nothing like our OPV....you only dream to have it, so how are you outdoing us by not having what we already have? Mumu.

We have nothing like your OPV?

So what is a Valour Class?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

Your sailors are dying of vomit with your fake OPV half swallowed by high sea waves....your men cannot even man their boat's guns to fight, the 76mm main gun is now covered with water grin grin

SAN is OPV dead !

1. They are out there patrolling right now, like they have been for the last 30 years. So what if the ride is rough? They are sailors, they train for it and do it every day.

2. HAHAHAHAHAH You think men actually physically man the gun in combat?? Are you ret.arded?

Brah, go back to bragging about the floating Museum that is your navy!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

Bros EVarn, d tin dey wonder me o, how dem buy am kia kia wey people no sabi d time?
Oga mi,no mind nigerian military and dia ojuju calabar weapon procurement policy jare...,even to buy tear gas,na "classified!!" u go dey hear.
I understand that our military doctrine is primarily based on homeland defence: therefore our arms procurement are kept classified so as not to alarm our neighbours,provoke an unhealthy arms race in the region,and also mask our true military capabilities.But it also has the adverse effect of encouraging embezzlement in the defence structure.
Time to change this trend.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thiza:
SANDF
PHOTO OP NAVY. No real experience, show me any picture of SANDF in ACTUAL combat. I pity south africa.

1. Nigerian army amphibious force. (note the REAL bullet holes)
2. Real navy.
3. Real soldiers.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
patches689:

Were tenders released?

Yes or no?

A tender is a piece of paper NOT a ship, try sail in your tender by placing that paper on the ocean and sit on it. Fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

We have nothing like your OPV?

So what is a Valour Class?

Air defence frigate NOT long endurance OPV. Fool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
RudzSA:
I'm baaaack !!!

Stay on military topic or simply watch the show
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nigerian navy showing off her modern stealth OPV in South Africa....our sailors don't drink sea salt water in deep ocean patrol like the Southies

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
South African navy's fake OPV drowning half way at sea....sailors cannot even fight in this condition, they are actually fighting to survive the huge sea waves every hour....can't operate their guns.....dead SAN....OPV dead....Angola hates to call the so called blue water Soweto navy for help, they call on Nigerian navy for action.....so who has a functioning blue water navy based on current threats in Africa today? Nigeria !

PHOTO OF SOWETO OPV HALF DROWNED AT SEA, SAILORS CRYING TEARS AND GULPING SEA SALT WATER INTO STOMACH grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

A tender is a piece of paper NOT a ship, try sail in your tender by placing that paper on the ocean and sit on it. Fool.

Were tenders released?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

South African navy's fake OPV drowning half way at sea....sailors cannot even fight in this condition, they are actually fighting to survive the huge sea waves every hour....can't operate their guns.....dead SAN....OPV dead....Angola hates to call the so called blue water Soweto navy for help, they call on Nigerian navy for action.....so who has a functioning blue water navy based on current threats in Africa today? Nigeria !

PHOTO OF SOWETO OPV HALF DROWNED AT SEA, SAILORS CRYING TEARS AND GULPING SEA SALT WATER INTO STOMACH grin grin

In your picture the Ship is firing a missile - so they are obviously fighting in those conditions

Angola did not call you, you found the pirates inside YOUR waters

You dont have a blue water navy - South Africa does (4 Frigates, 3 submarines, Maritime replenishment vessel). You dont even have a navy - you have a coast guard!!

O, I see, you said "based on current conditions"... well guess what, our Frigates have longer range, carry better sensors and have operational helos... and we have a re-supply vessel that extends their range... so we still win in AP duties grin grin grin

Go back to bragging about your 44 year old fleet of Coast Guard worthy vessels grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

1. Nigeria commissioned 4 warships in one day, show me which African country does that. South Africa can only dream of such in year 2080.

2. few boats and tugs? Nope, NNS Centenary is a light frigate size stealth OPV, NNS Okpabana is a frigate size OPV with longest range in Africa.

3. South African navy fake Warrior Strike OPVs are half sinking inside heavy waves of the sea, sailors half drunk with sea water grin grin

4. Everyday is a live Project Biro reality in Nigeria !
1. We commissioned 4 Frigates and 3 Subs in the same time frame!!!
2. 4 Frigates, 3 Subs!!
3. 1 Warrior class armed with missiles= bye bye most of the NN
4. Never was there a Project Biro ever in any day of the NNs existence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
lionel4power:
So Nigeria now operates the T-129 ATAK chopper. Would love to see her in NAF colours.
You don't.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
jln115:
You don't.
multiple sources has being provided. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
agaugust:

You have nothing like our OPV....you only dream to have it, so how are you outdoing us by not having what we already have? Mumu.
except 4 Valour class frigates and 3 Heroine class Subs

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
lionel4power:
multiple sources has being provided. grin
Nope 1 Sh1tty source was provided, all it says is that its in service with NAF, yet there are no details of the amount of helicopters in service or how much they cost!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
jln115:

Nope 1 Sh1tty source was provided, all it says is that its in service with NAF, yet there are no details of the amount of helicopters in service or how much they cost!
and your point is?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
lionel4power:
and your point is?
You don't have any T-129s in service.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
jln115:

You don't have any T-129s in service.
i'm almost embarrassed for you. You sound like a spoilt baby. ;>
Earlier this year multiple sources said Nigeria was interested in the T129.
grin
Now new Nigeria source reported that it has been acquired.
grin grin
I know you are jealous, you are stuck with only 11 dead rooivalk.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

3 State of the Art OPV's and 3 state of the art IPV's, with provisions for those numbers to be increased to 6 each

how is that pathetic? Nigeria has only purchased 2 modern OPV's! We are outdoing you again!

I never said that, I said we are getting 3 Frigate sized (over 90m) OPV's and I personally liked the Gowind

You are purportedly getting 3 OPVs and IPVs.

Nigeria has 2 of Africa's long Endurance Vessels all with start of the art R-MACK systems on-board, we also have 2 very very modern light frigates( NNS Centenary and Unity). The Navy is also currently building more Ships.

We don't need a project to induct IPVs, NNS Andoni, Damen class IPVs, WAS IPVs, catamarans

Like I've said previously, virtually every year is a Project Biro for the Nigerian navy.

You terrible terrible liar, you said you were getting 3 Frigates, 3 OPVs(including, mostl likely the Gowind class OPVs) and 3 IPVs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

In your picture the Ship is firing a missile - so they are obviously fighting in those conditions

Angola did not call you, you found the pirates inside YOUR waters

You dont have a blue water navy - South Africa does (4 Frigates, 3 submarines, Maritime replenishment vessel). You dont even have a navy - you have a coast guard!!

O, I see, you said "based on current conditions"... well guess what, our Frigates have longer range, carry better sensors and have operational helos... and we have a re-supply vessel that extends their range... so we still win in AP duties grin grin grin

Go back to bragging about your 44 year old fleet of Coast Guard worthy vessels grin grin grin

At least they do not come with a defective obsolete combat suites like your Frigates.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
jln115:

Post your evidence mate!!

Secondly receiving a few patrol boats and tugs doesn't = Project Biro! Otherwise I could say the same for us!

Your Project Biro comprises of only 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs. This was worth waiting 23 years for in your Soweto Country of dunderheads?

Anyways your claims about OPVs are simply that, claims, or purportedly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Henry120:

You are purportedly getting 3 OPVs and IPVs.

Nigeria has 2 of Africa's long Endurance Vessels all with start of the art R-MACK systems on-board, we also have 2 very very modern light frigates( NNS Centenary and Unity). The Navy is also currently building more Ships.

We don't need a project to induct IPVs, NNS Andoni, Damen class IPVs, WAS IPVs, catamarans

Like I've said previously, virtually every year is a Project Biro for the Nigerian navy.

You terrible terrible liar, you said you were getting 3 Frigates, 3 OPVs(including, mostl likely the Gowind class OPVs) and 3 IPVs.

You have 2 obsolete 60 year old vessels which were stripped of all major systems by the Americans

NNS Centenary and Unit are not "light frigates", in size and displacement they are simply Corvettes at best, they come in at 1800 tons and 95 m - the Valour Class are "light Frigates" (as most FFG's are) and they displace 3700t and are 127m long.

You have a limited supply of low-capacity IPV's... mere patrol boats. Ours will not only be Patrol Boats but will be equipped for ASW and de-mining operations.

You say I am a liar? My comments are all on record, feel free to quote me where I said we were getting 3 Frigates, 3 OPV's 3IPV's. I have never said that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
patches689:

Were tenders released?

Yes or no?

Fact: South-African Navy has no modern OPVs. Come back to us when you have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
Henry120:

At least they do not come with a defective obsolete combat suites like your Frigates.

Combat suites on our frigates are neither defective nor obsolete.

Allegations by a buisnesman who is emotional because his company lost out on bidding are baseless when you consider the plethora of vessels that operate the exact same combat-suite (French Flagship Nuclear Powered Carrier, 5 La Fayette class Frigates and the Saudi Flagship the F1000 Air-Defence Frigate)

Fact is that we operate 4 Modern Frigates and 3 Modern subs.

In the same period of time you have aquired only 2 modern vessels - both are only lightly armed OPV's.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Henry120:

Your Project Biro comprises of only 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs. This was worth waiting 23 years for in your Soweto Country of dunderheads?

Anyways your claims about OPVs are simply that, claims, or purportedly.

Who says we have been waiting 20 years?

Between the year 2000 and 2020 we will have acquired 4 advanced Frigates, 3 advanced Subs,1 brand new state-of-the-art Hydrographic Vessel, 3 state-of-the-art OPV's and 3 state-of-the-art IPV's, 4 State-of-the-art Lynx Helicopters, a plethora of T-craft, with plans allready underway to acquire a new maritime supply vessel

Its no contest, you have only got 2 modern major-surface vessels, with no war-fighting capabilities and both are pathetically small. One Warrior Class Strike Craft could wipe out your whole surface fleet.

SAN = NAVY
NN = Coast Gaurd Rust Fleet
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Henry120:

Fact: South-African Navy has no modern OPVs. Come back to us when you have one.

FACT: Nigeria has no operational frigates
FACT: Nigeria has no modern Frigates
FACT: Nigeria has no modern warships at all
FACT: Nigeria has no submarines
FACT: Nigeria has no Maritime Supply Vessel

Come back to us when you have a Navy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nigerians brag about their rust fleet

South Africans dont feel the need to brag, we are secure in the knowledge that we have an actual Navy grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

You have 2 obsolete 60 year old vessels which were stripped of all major systems by the Americans

NNS Centenary and Unit are not "light frigates", in size and displacement they are simply Corvettes at best, they come in at 1800 tons and 95 m - the Valour Class are "light Frigates" (as most FFG's are) and they displace 3700t and are 127m long.

You have a limited supply of low-capacity IPV's... mere patrol boats

You say I am a liar? My comments are on record, feel free to quote me where I said we were getting 3 Frigates, 3 OPV's IPV's. I have never said that.

We have 2 modern ships which have the capacity to circumnavigate Africa. Africa's Longest Endurance Ships. Each Ship comes with an Endurance which equals the combined total of 3 South-African Ships, all ships inter-linked with the surveillance planes above and the GCS.

NNS cenetenary is longer and has a displacement that is larger than Type-056 corvettes of the Chinese and Thai navies, Fact. The ship is a light Frigate.

We have an overload on IPVs, MPVs and Catamarans.

Yes, your comments are on record, your claimed you were getting 3 Frigates, 3 OPVs and 3 IPVs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.