Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4433725 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:36am On Sep 01, 2015
stillchris:

Lying patchman. Will you ever stop lying?

Soon after the SADC intervention, named Operation Boleas, began, the miscalculations were evident. The SANDF sent in about 600 soldiers to engage at least 2 000 members of what was known as a rebellious LDF contingent, which boasted strong support from armed civilians.

The SANDF also had no clue of the routes to most of its targets. The army is reported to have driven to the Lesotho Sun hotel, in the opposite direction of its intended target of King Letsie III’s royal palace. The SANDF had to rely on journalists to tell it how many palace gates there were. SANDF commanders had said there was one palace entrance, instead of three.

By the time the SANDF had managed to identify its targets, the LDF was already briefed about the SANDF’s presence and capabilities, and had prepared itself for an onslaught.

LDF members boast they knew about the impending attack as early as last week. As a result, the SANDF was caught unawares - also about the extent of the resistance the LDF and civilians could put up.

So far, nine SANDF members have been killed - a figure disputed by the LDF as conservative - and many more were wounded. Realising the situation was getting out of control, SANDF commanders were forced to bring in reinforcements to root the rebel Basotho soldiers and armed civilians out of Maseru.

On Wednesday, LDF members consistently fired on SANDF patrols in a display of power and determination. The frustrated SANDF fired warning shots that were quickly returned. A few hours later, the SANDFbegan assaulting citizens who were looting the city centre.

Said an injured SANDF sergeant: “It is true that the situation here is much tougher than we thought it would be. It is complicated. We have suffered casualties,

http://mg.co.za/article/1998-09-25-sandfs-chaotic-invasion

Next time you make claims/tell lies, provide evidence grin

How did i lie?

The country was counqoured - despite being outnumbered

Political order restored

Over 100 enemy combatants were killed for the loss of 10 men

These are the facts - all objectivea were met
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:42am On Sep 01, 2015
agaugust:

Nooooo, not 600 vs 2,000.

Botswana's army was there to help you with 200 troops and SANDF had 700 troops, against a hungry weak rebel force of coup plotters in tiny Lesotho nation. So it's like about 1,000 vs 2,000 and SANDF had a lot of armoured vehicles/APCs for protection and advantage.

South African army was afraid to go alone that 1998 and asked Botswana for help (Same way they are helping you now 2015 against Rhino Poachers) grin grin

Hey, with all the help you got, SANDF still failed in Lesotho battle, you cannot even intervene inside a tiny country the size of Maryland city that is completely surrounded geographically by South Africa grin grin........means if 20,000 Boko Haram spread all over South African cities, your national army will collapse in one week grin grin

#Born To Fail.....SANDF

1. Botswanas army arrived late (after the fighting)
2. The initial invasion force was of 600 men
3. Not a weak hungry force - 2000 men of the LDF
4. No, it was 600 v 2000 thats a simple fact
5. Who said we asked them for help?

Tell me how was the operation in lesotho a failure?

What objectives did we fail to meet?

Dude dont come here and try to creat argumenents where there are none

We took complete controll of the army in 49 hours
We killed over 100 men for the loss of only 10
Political order was restored

The operation met all objectives

Meanwhile, when nigeria intervenes in tiny countries (sierra leone, liberia) it turns into a 10 year quamire where you have to call mercenaries/uk/us to come save you!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:44am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:
When I think of Zulu, I remember shaka, the half unclad, spear wielding defeated warmonger.

I think of Zulu I remember rape and savagery.

When I think Zulu, I remember south Africa, a country that believe it's own hype ......a country who wishes to wear a crown bigger than its head.

Lol

You seem to spend allot of time thinking about "half unclad" zulus

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:45am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:
You have posted your lying sources yet again. Our HIV status are well documented as is our rape and murder cases.

Only south Africa officially hides her murder rates. do you want sources for this?

#fact: South Africa used phone torch light to conduct a major operation in your biggest hospitals

#fact : you're the world's HIV capital

#fact: Culturally, you aren't deemed a grown man until you rape a woman or infant

#fact your universities shuts down for lack of water supply

#fact: the residents of khayelitsha live with their faeces in their living rooms

#Fact: Zulus are the most impoverished tribe in all of Africa

#fact: you have now become a major generator and candle importing country.

#fact: you bribed to host the 2010 world cup to use it as a bragging right.

Dictatorzar, you and your ancestors are parasites and economic fleabags who built and own nothing in South Africa.

Africa guaranteed and secure your freedom and you become the last free slaves of humanity.

No citations = trolling
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 3:06am On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

Lol

You seem to spend allot of time thinking about "half unclad" zulus
South Africa is the hope of Africa.

With only one Zulu billionaire they have shown the way of financial independence .

And with 90% of economy run by the 7% white settlers, the rest of Africa should invite the west and sell off their economies and stock market to the west.

Zulus have proven to be Africa's model.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 3:07am On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

No citations = trolling
Do you need citations to acknowledge that nairaland is Africa's biggest online meeting hub?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 3:15am On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

How did i lie?

The cou cry cryntry was counqoured - despite being outnumbered

Political order restored

Over 100 enemy combatants were killed for the loss of 10 men

These are the facts - all objectivea were met

You lie still even in the face of citations and sources originating from your own country. cry cry cry

#Tactless liar.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:46am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:

With only one Zulu billionaire they have shown the way of financial independence .

And with 90% of economy run by the 7% white settlers, the rest of Africa should invite the west and sell off their economies and stock market to the west.

No citations = trolling
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:48am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:
You lie still even in the face of citations and sources originating from your own country. cry cry cry

#Tactless liar.

What lies?

Show me where i lied!!

Did we lose only 10 men and kill over 100? Yes or no?

Were we outnumbered 1,5:1? Yes or no?

Did we conqour the whole country in 48 hours? Yes or no?

Was political order restored? Yes or no?

Come, show me my lies
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2015
shizzy7:
Look guy,,I posted that thing because of this sentence
"""Nigeria is WORSE if I were you I'll shut up""

I just showed you that u have your problems and stop talking about another country being 'worse' Like yours is Holier....

Don't do that We're better or worse thing 'Cos
**We have murderers, you have
**We have rapists,You have
**We have fake pastors,you have
None of these crimes are Inferior/superior to the other in terms of country "Talking about worse"".

They have more murderer, more rapists, more HIV patients, more of everything. I wonder some1 saying Nigerian don't have toilets have you been to Nigeria b4 to compare it wit your country. They talk of health when our doctors are being looked for in other developed countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Why don't we just open a new tread for Nigerian and South African which we have turned this tread to.

We will be able to tell them the things they don't know about their country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 7:06am On Sep 01, 2015
When it comes to sport

we talk of football you talk of cricket,
we talk of sprint you talk of swimming,
we play table tennis and you play lawn tennis,
we play basket ball, volleyball, weight lifting, boxing and many more and you claim we are not good in sport.
We are way better than South Africa when it comes to sport.
South Africa is still dreaming of winning Nigeria in football at all level. What else do you want to know.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2015
This tread is full of irrelevant comment. We are both not the best in Africa when it come to military. So let stop disturbing this thread. We can open another 1 for Nigeria vs South Africa. Where we can educate you about things happen in your country that you don't know.

Nigeria never sent 100 soldiers to Sao tome and principles during their coup, it was from Abuja we dropped the guy. Dat shows power, Same goes for Guinea coup we never sent soldier.

I wonder why South Africa would Want to take glory for Lesotho coup as if it was a war. South Africa surround Lesotho and you are there only neighbor. I don't want to waste time posting the victories of Nigerian military cos am sure you know about them very well except you want to twist things. They are far more than your military's achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:
1)How many south Africans die of HIV due to lack of social awareness?
2)How many infants are raped daily because it is taught to cure HIV?
3)How many 85 year old white grannies are ganged rape by black thugs?
4)How many hospitals admits patients to share a single hospital bed in South Africa
5) How many people die from civil gun dwells in South Africa

6) how come minority euro pean of 7%of the population have more millionaires and billionaires than Zulus who make up over 85% of the entire population
7) Hw come everything in South Africa starts falling apart since Zulu took over the reins of rulership.

Admit it, Zulus can't run a country. Your military became a laughing joke when Zulu freedom fighters were sentimentality brought in as real soldiers grin

Nigeria has the largest population of infants and children living with AIDS.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/139706-alarming-nigeria-leads-the-world-in-number-of-children-contacting-hiv-un-report.html

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:

We really are not obsessed with a billionaire status, rather we have many millionaires made from BEE.

http://transformsa.co.za/2015/04/small-business/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2015
Lezzlie:
Yeah, India ,Pakistan, England, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Australia, Sri Lanka,West Indies new Zealand and recently included Bangladesh makes up cricket elite full member team. grin gringrin You see why the world don't give a flying fvck about cricket.
and most of these countries are not known in sports. You see, you draw up your conclusions from emotional sentiment . grin Cricket isn't even a proper world sport with only just 10 full membership countries. embarassed

It's very funny how south African "play" and "be" everything and anything under contention If you guys aren't deployed to dafur as military men, you're making the best fighter jets in the world. Now we have a "professional " cricket and football player grin Hmn, #inferior lots.#fakery. # inferiority complex fuelled by fear and deceit.

Nigeria don't suck at cricket or rudgy ; we just don't care. We won't even watch it if you paid us to.

But south Africa really loves football and they kept failing at every try.

After winning the 2013 Afcon in your own backyard, I wasn't really especting praises from you grin grin grin
1. If you understood Cricket, you would know that those 10 countries are considered TEST playing nations, the ICC in total has over a 100 members, including Nigeria. P.S do you know what test cricket even is?

2. Australia, not known in sports?, England/Britain not known in sports? South Africa not known in sports? West Indies not known in sports?Cool story Bro!!

3. Yes we are sh1t at football, never said we are any good, and winning Afcon is nothing to brag about, lets be honest all African countries pretty much s.ck d1ck at football! Whats the furthest any African country has progressed in the Fifa world cup? Quarter Finals? For more than 80 fvcking years the furthest any of us has come in a world cup is fvcking Quarter finals!! and you want to brag about winning 1 Afcon, which btw we have won as well!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2015
iblawi:
When it comes to sport

we talk of football you talk of cricket,
we talk of sprint you talk of swimming,
we play table tennis and you play lawn tennis,
we play basket ball, volleyball, weight lifting, boxing and many more and you claim we are not good in sport.
We are way better than South Africa when it comes to sport.
South Africa is still dreaming of winning Nigeria in football at all level. What else do you want to know.
1. You s@ck at football! at least we are one of the best ranked nations in the WORLD in several other sports(Rugby, Cricket, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Rowing, Boxing ect ect)
2. We are better at track and field than you.
3. Table Tennis? we actually have real tennis players!
4. Yes you are better in Basketball.
5. Don't even compare your boxers to ours, its a fvcking insult we had/have several WBO,WBA,IBO,IBA champions......does Nigeria even have someone in the boxing hall of Fame? because we do!!
6. We are one of the greatest sporting nations in the world, never mind Africa!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2015
shizzy7:
I really don't know why NAF didn't conduct an Air strike in Yobe just Borno........
I think the military is trying as regards cutting off their resources...at least no more incessant attacks again, like this time last year it was almost on a daily basis..
Their End Is Near..
Indeed,their end is near.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Msauza:

We really are not obsessed with a billionaire status, rather we have many millionaires made from BEE.

http://transformsa.co.za/2015/04/small-business/
Yes, we know you love being millionaires and despise billionaires. South Africa's preferences are very sophisticated. There are more white FEMALE millionaires in the 7% white population than there are Zulu millionaires in the over 80% Zulu population.

But Zulus don't like female Anglo -Dutch to have more millionaires than them. It is a new socio-economic strategy for growth grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2015
CHINA BACKS NIGERIA'S BID FOR PERMANENT UN SECURITY COUNCIL SEAT
http://www.punchng.com/news/china-backs-nigerias-bid-for-un-security-council-seat/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2015
Msauza:

Nigeria has the largest population of infants and children living with AIDS.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/139706-alarming-nigeria-leads-the-world-in-number-of-children-contacting-hiv-un-report.html

That's not a worrying HIV statistics. If you had told me Nigeria has overtaken south Africa in HIV occurrence then you would have got my interest. So HIV mothers failing momentarily to prevent mother to child transmission isn't anything. Check the true issue below:

Now that's very worrying.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2015
jln115:

1. You s@ck at football! at least we are one of the best ranked nations in the WORLD in several other sports(Rugby, Cricket, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Rowing, Boxing ect ect)
2. We are better at track and field than you.
3. Table Tennis? we actually have real tennis players!
4. Yes you are better in Basketball.
5. Don't even compare your boxers to ours, its a fvcking insult we had/have several WBO,WBA,IBO,IBA champions......does Nigeria even have someone in the boxing hall of Fame? because we do!!
6. We are one of the greatest sporting nations in the world, never mind Africa!!
What is this guy saying? I think you need to educate yourself about other countries properly so that you know where your country stand on every issue.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:

#Tactless liar.

I didn't even know what to say. The guy lies without evidence against a proven fact that all didn't go well as claimed.

Typical lying patch
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:40am On Sep 01, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF FIGHTING RHINO POACHERS SINCE 419ad YET THEIR E-ZOMBIES COME HERE TO LIE ABOUT IT. ZIMBABWE POACHERS WILL RA.PE YOUR LANDS TILL YEAR 2050.

Read the story of SANDF current deployment in anti-Rhino operations and the failures....

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37561:sandf-ill-discipline-sticks-its-head-out-in-kruger&catid=111:sa-defence

SANDF troops with MRAP in current anti-Rhino operations January 2015....Failure in Bush War on homeland tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF FIGHTING RHINO POACHERS SINCE 419ad YET THEIR E-ZOMBIES COME HERE TO LIE ABOUT IT. ZIMBABWE POACHERS WILL RA.PE YOUR LANDS TILL YEAR 2050.

Read the story of SANDF current deployment in anti-Rhino operations and the failures....

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37561:sandf-ill-discipline-sticks-its-head-out-in-kruger&catid=111:sa-defence

SANDF troops with MRAP in current anti-Rhino operations January 2015....Failure in Bush War on homeland tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

[s]What lies?

Show me where i lied!!

Come, show me my lies[/s]

No citations = troll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2015
iblawi:
What is this guy saying? I think you need to educate yourself about other countries properly so that you know where your country stand on every issue.
Please indulge me!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2015
stillchris:

No citations = troll
He already posted citations on this matter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2015
iblawi:

Even with their support and tactics they still disappointed your country.
The park Ranger must be disappointed as well.
Going to fight poachers with MRAPs and still no meaniful outcome. It's a shame. Would they have used Tanks and fighter Jets if it wasn't a support mission.
Your military gave their best but they couldn't cope.
lol... Bloodied their nose.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2015
stillchris:

I didn't even know what to say. The guy lies without evidence against a proven fact that all didn't go well as claimed.

Typical lying patch
Patches689 /patchesagain is a compulsive lier who lies tactless lying and desperately in any situation just to help his inelastic heart and poor self-regard.

400 years of apartheid have left these south Africans suffering from a very rare social malady: Self identification crisis. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2015
it seem they have more military personnel involved in the whole anti-poaching stuff than Park rangers. From the pic you can tell. Air Force personnel are also involved and am sure police would be involve too.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

What lies?

Show me where i lied!!

Come, show me my lies
You even have the effrontery to ask that your open, barefaced lies be pointed out to you.....SMH

You're irredeemably wasted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.