Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4451862 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
THERE IS NO A SINGLE NIGERIAN WHO SECURED THE FREEDOM OF SOUTH AFRICANS. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE EVER DONE SO ARE SOUTH AFRICANS THEMSELVES.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
stillchris:

And my source clearly proves your military was clueless when they entered Lesotho. Unlike your claim of PERFECTION.

SANDF didn't even go in with a clear objective. They didn't even know what rout to take nor where to go.According to the same source.

And your blatant lie of restoring peace in 48 hrs is clearly not in my source you compulsive liar.

So if you gladly want to use my source as your evidence I'll advise you read it carefully and realize you just turned your gun on yourself grin

Dunderhead

1. Perfection because all objectives were met
- South African infastructure was secured
- Rebellious LDF units were brought to heel
- Political Stability was restored

2. They had a clear objective, but since the operation was launched in a rush, they didnt have specific details. Newsflash: military operations never go according to plan.

3. Quote where I said "restored peace", I said (multiple times) seized/captured/conqoured the country in 48 hours

My claims are, and have always been:

- We counqoured the country in under 48 hours
- This was acheived despite being outnumbered 2.5:1
- We inflicted over 100 casualties for the loss of only 10 men
- We met all our mission objectives.

I leave you with a quote:

Over and above, one cannot disagree with the Chief of the SANDF, Gen Nyanda, that the military objectives defined in the mandate were accomplished. To this end, it would be fair to state from a clinically military viewpoint that Operation Boleas had been successfully conducted, as it did succeed in stabilizing the security situation in Lesotho and safeguarded South Africa's interests in that country

- Military Intervention in Lesotho: Perspectives on Operation Boleas and Beyond

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Msauza:

The last time I remember, Nigeria was captured by whites around 1400 and SA only in 1700.
South Africa was colonized in 1902 and gained independence in 1910......Whites never captured anything up and till the British came.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Msauza:

The last time I remember, Nigeria was captured by whites around 1400 and SA only in 1700.
SA was captured and discovered before any known parts in subsaharan Africa. South Africa was caught during the great trek, so early in human history that the boers have been able to convince you that you're settlers just like them. Your sense of history is really
Zulu - class
Lagos only became a colony in the late 1800s. FACT.

By 1957 Nigeria was already independent politically and economically.

Well you know 1994 is only yesterday and to add salt to injury, you're still economically dependent and imbecilitated.

When is the next frustration of xenophobia coming?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
jln115:

Gripen A/B is considered 4th Gen, C/D is considered 4.5 gen.....And the new Gripen E/F could be the first 5+/ 6th Gen aircraft according to some experts.

patches689:

Gripen is 4.5 gen

Patrick and Jillingy provide evidence that the Gripen C/D is 4.5 GEN, and I'll post evidence to show why it isn't in response.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
DictatorZAR:

I really think you have a few screws loose. What I'm happy about is the fact that Benin state is considered africa prostitution capital.

The issue should be what are 1,5m doing in SA if your country is better. The issue is why are Nigerians stampeding at our Embassy in your country for our visas.
That is becos they have something to gain there. Hunters don't roam in bushes for nothing.
Do you know how many Nigerian are in UK, US, China, Cameroon, Congo, we are every where just like the Chinese. They remit billions of dollars back home every year.
Pls post your source that Benin state is prostitution capital in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
lezz:
SA was captured and discovered before any known parts in subsaharan Africa. South Africa was caught during the great trek, so early in human history that the boers have been able to convince you that you're settlers just like them. Your sense of history is really
Zulu - class
Lagos only became a colony in the late 1800s. FACT.

By 1957 Nigeria was already independent politically and economically.

Well you know 1994 is only yesterday and to add salt to injury, you're still economically dependent and imbecilitated.

When is the next frustration of xenophobia coming?

Soon cos they are so confuse that they don't even know their problem.
How will you solve problem without knowing the root of the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick and Jillingy provide evidence that the Gripen C/D is 4.5 GEN, and I'll post evidence to show why it isn't in response.

According to Aerospaceweb and RAF (Australian) Air Power Development Centre Bulletin Classification's its 4.5 gen

http://airpower.airforce.gov.au/publications/Details/475/170-Five-Generations-of-Jet-Fighter-Aircraft.aspx

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0182.shtml

Wiki summery of the two:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fighter_generations#cite_note-aerospace-7

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

They are dull. so you mean Brazil that ordered them will now have fifth generation fighter Jets. Gripen are not even as good as J10B.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

According to Aerospaceweb and RAF (Australian) Air Power Development Centre Bulletin Classification's its 4.5 gen

http://airpower.airforce.gov.au/publications/Details/475/170-Five-Generations-of-Jet-Fighter-Aircraft.aspx

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0182.shtml

Wiki summery of the two:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fighter_generations#cite_note-aerospace-7
Patrick,

According to Militaryfactory.com, Airforces-technology.com, IHS Janes.com and most importantly SAAB, the Gripen C/D is described as a 4 GEN aircraft.

These are the sources that matter.

www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=67

Gripen C/D is 4 GEN, while NG is next generation.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

I feel my mate Patches has provided enough evidence on this matter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
iblawi:
They are dull. so you mean Brazil that ordered them will now have fifth generation fighter Jets. Gripen are not even as good as J10B.

J-10B Fighter is a 4++ GEN fighter. It simply out-classes the Gripen C/D in every department.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick,

According to Militaryfactory.com, Airforces-technology.com, IHS Janes.com and most importantly SAAB, the Gripen C/D is described as a 4 GEN aircraft.

So the Australian Airforce are wrong?

Quote janes saying the C/D is 4th gen and then we can talk.

Your other sources are irrelevant in the face of the opinion of the R.A.A.F
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
jln115:

I feel my mate Patches has provided enough evidence on this matter.

Jillingy Patches is not your "mate". None of the sources he provided are credible.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

J-10B Fighter is a 4++ GEN fighter. It simply out-classes the Gripen C/D in every department.

Yet when we compared them we found this to be completely untrue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Jillingy Patches is not your "mate". None of the sources he provided are credible.

Over and above, one cannot disagree with the Chief of the SANDF, Gen Nyanda, that the military objectives defined in the mandate were accomplished. To this end, it would be fair to state from a clinically military viewpoint that Operation Boleas had been successfully conducted, as it did succeed in stabilizing the security situation in Lesotho and safeguarded South Africa's interests in that country

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Who are you to say who is and who isnt my mate?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

So the Australian Airforce are wrong?

Quote janes saying the C/D is 4th gen and then we can talk.

Your other sources are irrelevant in the face of the opinion of the R.A.A.F

Saab is the manufacturer of the Gripen, and they classify them as 4 GEN.

End of story.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

End of story.

Please cite where they say that
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

Who are you to say who is and who isnt my mate?
Who are you to say that an individual you don't even know his name is your mate?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Who are you to say that an individual you don't even know his name is your mate?

He said I am his mate

So he is thus my mate grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick,

And? your same sources claim that the Rafale, Eurofighter, Su30MK, SU35, Mig29smt, J10B ect ect are all 4th generation aircraft as well.....Why? you might ask? Its because technically speaking there is no such category as 4.5 gen...only 4th gen and then 5th gen and so forth. even our Cheetahs are classified as 4th gen.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

Dummy, why did you quote me?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Dummy, why did you quote me?

You questioned my sources
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

Who are you to decide who's my mate or not? And you wont get a more credible source than from RAAF themselves.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

He said I am his mate
So he is thus my mate grin
No, you are not. You don't even know the guy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
jln115:

Who are you to decide who's my mate or not? And you wont get a more credible source than from RAAF themselves.

He doesn't even know your name, how are you his mate?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
patches689:

You questioned my sources
What has lesotho got to do with my initial question, mumu?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

What has lesotho got to do with my initial question, mumu?

Hurry up and cite SAAB

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

End of story.
Sukhoi classify the Su30,35,47 as 4th gen
Dassault classify the Rafale as 4th gen
Lockheed Martin classify the F16 block 60 as 4th gen
PAC and CAC classify the JF-17 a 3rd gen.....seriously im not even joking!!!![
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

He doesn't even know your name, how are you his mate?
jln115!! and his Patches689, you see!!! we know each others names!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
Henry120:

End of story.

Gripen C/D is 4.5 generation

https://www.rusi.org/analysis/commentary/ref:C52FA1CE451AC6/#.VeWp5jPRb6A

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.