Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,191 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (15047 Views)

African Leaders Criticize Icc For Bias Against Continent; Plans To Withdraw / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
0hsisi:

This is the mentally of the average Nigerian in Nigeria
Things are of more value to you when you pay more for them.
People here buy things from those 99 cent stores you loathe,bring them home,mark up the prices and sell them to you and you rush them because they came from America.
Some Nigerians in Nigeria come here and do what I just descibed.
One bought wristwatches from K mart at $7 and sold it to you so called rich Nigerians for thousands aof dollars
Ode grin
where exactly did you get your 10% figure from?
is that what makes you feel better about the squalor you live in?

hahah or fighting over Dollar Store Perfume?
there was this one chic that insulted me because her fav perfume was one I see at Walmart grin grin grin

Ujujoan:

You know there is a reason why it's called a 'developing' country! It's something that all those countries you guys are running to passed through!

Developing where?  Absoulte Rubbish! Malaysia came and took palm kernels and developed their country, Nigeria is not developing, malaysia is devloping, Ghana is developing, Kenya is developing, Nigeria?

Abeg? are u sure u live in Nigeria? grin

Jephyard:

They nothing going on down and worst of all all info are gotten fron CNN which already pose bad image to us here. so if they need to talk they should the one downhere and not just open those things out. angry

was this in english? or was your MTN connection cutting grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Jephyard(m): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
They knoe nothing going on down and worst of all all info are gotten fron CNN which already pose bad image to us here. so if they need to talk they should get the one downhere for what is going on and not just open those things out.  angry
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by spikedcylinder: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Abeg please choose a side grin

After they all called us poo lickers, then you have the mouth to run? angry

Herein lies the onus of the problem. Why should she pick a side? Why should it always be an us vs them argument? Like both sides are desperately trying to prove that a lifestyle is better than the other when the OBVIOUS truth is that - whilst some might thrive in Nigeria, others might not and vice versa.
I have seen wealth on both places and I know what gives. I know some people that will rather die a slow painful death in the hands of a rabid dog than return to Nigeria and others that'll shoot themselves in the head instead of living abroad.
Common sense teaches that one side might just be as good as the other but trust some to immediately turn it to "my life is better than yours". Some embarrassing person even threatened to post his passport pages. For what? shocked shocked shocked
Some will say shut up, in America, are you not washing dead bodies? Others will say, gerrout, are you not chatting from the cyber cafe? Tired, old lines. undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by debosky(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

You know there is a reason why it's called a 'developing' country! It's something that all those countries you guys are running to passed through!

So the weak should suffer and die? So the ones who don't have connections or the best abilities should perish?

Is the harsh environment in Nigeria the cause of such insensitivity? Why should we be 'boasting' that only 'strong people' survive? Is that some kind of achievement?  

Same thing with being 'sharp' - as long as[b] I [/b]make it, everyone else doesn't matter. . . .I drive a Range Sport, but if my maiguard has kidney problems, he'll die and leave his family penniless and his kids will probably never go to school. But then again, I still don't care, as long as my Range Rover is polished and spotless daily.

And we talk about 'African hospitality'.  undecided

Something is seriously wrong - The strong are supposed to use that strength to make sure the not so strong have a decent chance, not just use their strength to improve themselves alone.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

We're not saying naija is developed, far from it.
We're saying most of us educated peeps who work hard in Naija are better off than 90% of our contemporaries abroad.

We're very comfortable while most of you slave inside the cold, are paid minimum wage, run from immigration, leave in cheap apartments with no heating, buy stuffs from 99p shops and JC Penny.

When u see some of us who come for hols, u pple always beg us to drop small thing before returning home.
Granted, 10% of u live well but that 10% are serious hard working professionals or criminals and wont have time to chat trash on NL.

This comment made me laugh, where do you stay when you visit other countries?? The worst neighbourhoods? You seem to know how struggling Nigerians abroad live but never mention the other side of it, People of the same class stick together, when I go back to Nigeria no one asks me for money because they already have money, same thing happens when they come to visit me. For someone so wealthy, why do you hang around so many “deadbeats”?
And there is nothing wrong with the cold, Go skiing for winter and head to Maldives for summer. The heat must be getting into your head because you are also here chatting trash on NL, so by your own rules you’re a “deadbeat”.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
bee444:

@poster and some of y'all supporting her view should just keep quiet and listen! (not an insult)

I believe some of @poster's family member's here in Nigeria are also jealous of her, let alone her friends.

They're not jealous of you but rather mad at your world views. You were once like them but now trying to be someone else.

Western knowledge should not change our moral values, beliefs and the bonds we've for so long shared.

Out of frustrations and to some because of limited resources, home coming has not been easier for Nigerians in diaspora.

The people in Nigeria should try and appreciate Nigerians in diaspora for their little contributions and also pray for their sweet home coming.

I tell y'all, never easy in those western countries. Think about the racism these people have to overcome, the job discrimination they had to go through, the settlement papers they had to fight for. Pls think about these things! The longer you stay abroad, the more reason you wanna make it big b4 returning back home.

Respect

Please stop referring to me as her, I am a He

Thanks. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by comechop(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
Aqva:

We're not saying naija is developed, far from it.
We're saying most of us educated peeps who work hard in Naija are better off than 90% of our contemporaries abroad.

We're very comfortable while most of you slave inside the cold, are paid minimum wage, run from immigration, leave in cheap apartments with no heating, buy stuffs from 99p shops and JC Penny.

When u see some of us who come for hols, u pple always beg us to drop small thing before returning home.
Granted, 10% of u live well but that 10% are serious hard working professionals or criminals and wont have time to chat trash on NL.

hahahahaha WHAT??
So Ignorant. Please educate yourself.
I come on NL cos I love catching up on things going on at home, love the typical naija bickering back n forth etc etc. Has nothing to do with what you think.

And to the poster that said 'only the strong survive in naija' WHAT THE HELL IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
What do you mean by strong? Strong in mind? Or heart? Or brain? Or what? So what is supposed to happened to the supposedly weak?

The problem with Nigeria is with her mentality. No change in mentality, no fwd progress.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
I meant to say dollar store materials being sold for thousands of Naira to the so called rich Nigerians
Whenever they see something for America,they'll be shivering.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Herein lies the onus of the problem. Why should she pick a side? Why should it always be an us vs them argument? Like both sides are desperately trying to prove that a lifestyle is better than the other when the OBVIOUS truth is that - whilst some might thrive in Nigeria, others might not and vice versa.
I have seen wealth on both places and I know what gives. I know some people that will rather die a slow painful death in the hands of a rabid dog than return to Nigeria and others that'll shoot themselves in the head instead of living abroad.
Common sense teaches that one side might just be as good as the other but trust some to immediately turn it to "my life is better than yours". Some embarrassing person even threatened to post his passport pages. For what? shocked shocked shocked
Some will say shut up, in America, are you not washing dead bodies? Others will say, gerrout, are you not chatting from the cyber cafe? Tired, old lines. undecided

Why are 3 pages saying that we all do Janitorial jobs and everybody in Nigeria doing good?
Abeg! Fix the roads then? Build better hospitals?
The poster asked why, and till now, no one has answered the question.

One Nigeria- The ultimate oxymoron lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Again- which kind opportunites?
Please be frank,  instead of spreading fallacies with no proof.
I know doctors who went home and came right back,I have friends who is leaving medical school in nigeria to come her to enroll. What opportunities?

My brother got sick in Lagos, and the doctors wanted to cut his appendix?
Please!!! Dont make me laugh!

Why is Nigeria so crappy? Not even AC in Lagos airport unless you go to their first class lounge?
Which is off the chain  grin grin
So from your assumptions, I am not strong, and I wouldnt be where I was unless I lived in the US.
Proves you dont know me at all at all?
you think US handed my money through my window? What kinda nonsense are you talking?

Only the Strong with will survive in the US also? you think Obama is sending everybody checks?
Do I school and work hard?
Come again?
You making yourself look bad grin

While the facilities here can not measure up to those in developed countries, I'm amazed someone like you would totally write this off as a no good land.

I have a friend who is married to US citizen and who prefers to live here in Nigeria and work while his wife remains in the US.

I have a 26 year-old colleague who lives in his own house and drives a brand new car (and one tokunboh)!

I have a boss who lives in Nigeria only because of the job!

I have French men, Americans, Europeans working here in my office. . .  Do you honestly think they would leave their wonderful countries for a place like this if the opportunity wasn't right?

I could go on and on and on.

I'm not accusing you of being weak, I'm just making conclusions based on what you are saying about how easy life is over there.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by ibabalol: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2010
BIASED? Try jealous, intimidated and Dwarfed.
Any way i dont blame them, whenever we come
home to nigeria, their beloved girlfriends
always like to sit on our laps  shocked shocked if you what i mean
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by bee444: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
frosbel:

Please stop referring to me as her, I am a He

Thanks. grin grin grin grin grin

My bad! Sorry Mister.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

Developing country, thats what your looters told you. How long is it going to take their A-S-S to wake up? From world power aspirations to the bottom of evey list in all statistics. And b4 i forget, bad leaders can never rule good followers and good leaders can never rule bad followers, these who takes time to think knows what i'm talkig about.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Why are 3 pages saying that we all do Janitorial jobs and everybody in Nigeria doing good?

ROFL!!
will that even help it?
how will they get rid of almajiris?
area and alaye boys
Kidnappers and ndi nkuwa?
armed robbers nko?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
ibabalol:

always like to sit on our laps shocked shocked if you what i mean

Lol so you can see what generates the hating. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
debosky:

So the weak should suffer and die? So the ones who don't have connections or the best abilities should perish?

Is the harsh environment in Nigeria the cause of such insensitivity? Why should we be 'boasting' that only 'strong people' survive? Is that some kind of achievement?  

Same thing with being 'sharp' - as long as[b] I [/b]make it, everyone else doesn't matter. . . .I drive a Range Sport, but if my maiguard has kidney problems, he'll die and leave his family penniless and his kids will probably never go to school. But then again, I still don't care, as long as my Range Rover is polished and spotless daily.

And we talk about 'African hospitality'.  undecided

Something is seriously wrong - The strong are supposed to use that strength to make sure the not so strong have a decent chance, not just use their strength to improve themselves alone.

I'm not boasting, just staing a fact. I know it's hard for you guys to deal with that, but it's the truth! Chances are 70% of the people living well abroad would not be able to stand on one feet in Nigeria!

While that is not an ideal situation, it's the harsh reality.

While we suffer bad leadership and mismanagement of public resources, we are not blind to the fact that things could be way better than it is now. But then thinking that we are green with envy at you lot over there is off base because we made our choice and you guys made yours. If I lose my job, I'll run you with yous guys there. Travelling abroad is a last resort for people who cant cope here and you lot know it!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
ibabalol:

always like to sit on our laps  shocked shocked if you what i mean

LWKMD  grin grin grin

Ujujoan:

While the facilities here can not measure up to those in developed countries, I'm amazed someone like you would totally write this off as a no good land.

I have a friend who is married to US citizen and who prefers to live here in Nigeria and work while his wife remains in the US.

I have a 26 year-old colleague who lives in his own house and drives a brand new car (and one tokunboh)!

I have a boss who lives in Nigeria only because of the job!

I have French men, Americans, Europeans working here in my office. . .  Do you honestly think they would leave their wonderful countries for a place like this if the opportunity wasn't right?

I could go on and on and on.

I'm not accusing you of being weak, I'm just making conclusions based on what you are saying about how easy life is over there.

And the other percentage of graduates?
Why have money when the quality of life isnt great?
It pains me, but I had a cousin working for shell,
Only 28 was the only Nigerian out of 12 indians that worked in his field.
Lived in Nigeria but traveled everywhere his job sent him
Last Jan, he fell to a curable disease in Nigeria and died due to the visiousness of the illness.
What kinda life is this?

A governor in Kaduna lost his entire family due to a house fire where they could have escaped but his family was locked in due to Barbed wire (preveting Robbers)

What kinda of life is this?

And dont name outsiders that Nigeria worship, they would run to a French man than to hire their own?

Abeg- most people dont even know what Malaria is here lipsrsealed
Siddown jo!

How can you brag about riches in the misdt of poverty?
You get a range but tear it up due to crappy roads?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
comechop:

hahahahaha WHAT??
So Ignorant. Please educate yourself.
I come on NL cos I love catching up on things going on at home, love the typical naija bickering back n forth etc etc. Has nothing to do with what you think.

And to the poster that said 'only the strong survive in naija' WHAT THE HELL IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN?
What do you mean by strong? Strong in mind? Or heart? Or brain? Or what? So what is supposed to happened to the supposedly weak?

The problem with Nigeria is with her mentality. No change in mentality, no fwd progress.

Gbam
and aqva here is typical of that mindset
He thinks telling us of his cars and visas make him sound rich
It only makes him sound like the typical airheaded poser that many Nigerians are.
They think carrying 3 cell phones in each pocket is a sign of wealth.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by spikedcylinder: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Lol, if anyone believes that ALL the people in Nigeria are doing good, then the person belongs in an 8 by 8. Likewise, if anyone believes that money is picked off the streets of London. . . . oh well.
Fact is, I see many 'staples' on NL quick to jump to the we are better than you arguments which makes them look even more stupid. I drive cars, I come to London, I have a big bird in my toilet etc. . . .stupid. Even you are not exempt. The poster asked a question, yet somehow you were quick to slip in the fact that you drive a fancy car and make a million dollars per minute. tut tut.

@ OP

I think it pisses a lot of people off that Nigerians are working almost 10 times as hard at jobs that give them almost zero satisfaction, their life expectancy is low, stress levels are high YET Nigerians in diaspora supposedly sit their raggedy asses in their dead body washing jobs and complain about the state of things in Nigeria when they are doing nothing to better the situation. Most of them are assumed to look down on Nigerians living in Nigeria yet are the first to judge and condemn anything to do with Nigeria.
Am I within the ball park of your question?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm not boasting, just staing a fact. I know it's hard for you guys to deal with that, but it's the truth! Chances are 70% of the people living well abroad would not be able to stand on one feet in Nigeria!

While that is not an ideal situation, it's the harsh reality.

While we suffer bad leadership and mismanagement of public resources, we are not blind to the fact that things could be way better than it is now. But then thinking that we are green with envy at you lot over there is off base because we made our choice and you guys made yours. If I lose my job, I'll run you with yous guys there. Travelling abroad is a last resort for people who cant cope here and you lot know it!

Now I know you are talking out the side of your mouth!
Be reasonable?
Run to Nigeria to do what? Run a Generator all my life?
My ears would go deaf grin

Besides making money, and chilling in my village, I can stay here.
When I go home I come straight to owerri, Lagos nor Abuja has nothing to offer me.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

Ah the good old expatriates, If Nigerians got the same treatment all the expatriates get, they won't be seeking better lives in other countries. I grew up around expatriates in Nigeria and the package they get is better than what any average Nigerian will get, of course they love Nigeria, they live sheltered lives, live only in VI and travel back home for holidays. So maybe if the same opportunities were given to Nigerians they won't be going to other countries??
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

LWKMD  grin grin grin

Last Jan, he fell to a curable disease in Nigeria and died due to the visiousness of the illness.
What kinda life is this?

A governor in Kaduna lost his entire family due to a house fire where they could have escaped but his family was locked in due to Barbed wire (preveting Robbers)

And dont name outsiders that Nigeria worship, they would run to a French man than to hire their own?

Siddown jo!

I'm not seeing aqva'a responses
It's either EFCC has raided his Internet dungeon or NEPA has taken light grin
I hate to hear Nigerians boast of what they have
You're driving your hummer yet if you are involved in a traffic accident,you'll bleed to death because there's neither an emergency system to evacuate you or a qualified hospital in the viscinity to cater to your needs.
Nonsense
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
0hsisi:

Gbam

They think carrying 3 cell phones in each pocket is a sign of wealth.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
  cell phones they cant even operate.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by spikedcylinder: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
Badriyyah:

Ah the good old expatriates, If Nigerians got the same treatment all the expatriates get, they won't be seeking better lives in other countries. I grew up around expatriates in Nigeria and the package they get is better than what any average Nigerian will get, of course they love Nigeria, they live sheltered lives, live only in VI and travel back home for holidays. So maybe if the same opportunities were given to Nigerians they won't be going to other countries??

Don't be deceived. Nigerians worth their salt earn serious money internationally and even in NIGERIA.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

LWKMD  grin grin grin

What kinda life is this?

Siddown jo!

You know I read about pscychotic serial killers, split personalities, and all those janded madnesses. I look around me and I see none of these. Every country has it's own 'malaria'  . . .  

I'm not bragging about riches, you are the one doing that. Besides you wanted a list!

I don't work in an oil company but I don't work for a Nigerian organization either. 90% of the people in my office are Nigerians and even the foreigners can in no way measure up to some of them.

Plat I hate arguing and I'm sure you know that, all this grammar I've been speaking is just to clarify the wrong impression you have that for some reason, you are better than us because you live abroad. That bull[i]nsi[/i]!
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by platinumnk(f): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Freiburger:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
  cell phones they cant even operate.

not to talk of charge grin

spikedcylinder:

Lol, if anyone believes that ALL the people in Nigeria are doing good, then the person belongs in an 8 by 8. Likewise, if anyone believes that money is picked off the streets of London. . . . oh well.
Fact is, I see many 'staples' on NL quick to jump to the we are better than you arguments which makes them look even more silly. I drive cars, I come to London, I have a big bird in my toilet etc. . . .silly. Even you are not exempt. The poster asked a question, yet somehow you were quick to slip in the fact that you drive a fancy car and make a million dollars per minute. tut tut.

@ OP

I think it pisses a lot of people off that Nigerians are working almost 10 times as hard at jobs that give them almost zero satisfaction, their life expectancy is low, stress levels are high YET Nigerians in diaspora supposedly sit their raggedy asses in their dead body washing jobs and complain about the state of things in Nigeria when they are doing nothing to better the situation. Most of them are assumed to look down on Nigerians living in Nigeria yet are the first to judge and condemn anything to do with Nigeria.
Am I within the ball park of your question?

spiky I try all I can to help my fellow brother, what I did before was  a tounge in cheek.
Am i supposed to sit down and agree to their assertions?
I am angry that they supposdly "Rich" Nigerians dont do anything for their fellow people.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Don't be deceived. Nigerians worth their salt earn serious money internationally and even in NIGERIA.

Maybe they need to be riminded of the Oby Ezekwesilis of this world! undecided
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Badriyyah(f): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

If you read my comment carefully you'll see I never said Nigerians don't earn money internationally or at home. I know a couple who are doing well here and at home. I was just responding to the posters comments on Expatriates and the treatment they get there, if more Nigerians got the same treatment maybe they'd remain home.
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by 0hsisi: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

You know I read about pscychotic serial killers, split personalities, and all those janded madnesses. I look around me and I see none of these. Every country has it's own 'malaria'  . . .  

I'm not bragging about riches, you are the one doing that. Besides you wanted a list!

I don't work in an oil company but I don't work for a Nigerian organization either. 90% of the people in my office are Nigerians and even the foreigners can in no way measure up to some of them.

Plat I hate arguing and I'm sure you know that, all this grammar I've been speaking is just to clarify the wrong impression you have that for some reason, you are better than us because you live abroad. That bull[i]nsi[/i]!

Are you in denial or what?
what do you call ritualists,almajiris,the series of Islamic killings etc
Armed robbers and rapist on the lose who are never caught Kidnappers nko?
Thugs and killers all over the place
where is your police?
Going indoors and never stepping out fter 6 PM,that one na life
looking over your shoulders to see who's following you and who's not
abeg
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Freiburger(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

They are there for fat salaries and dont me their companies dont take care of their trip expences during their regular home visits. who wouldn't like working in Nigeria on a robust salary?
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Now I know you are talking out the side of your mouth!
Be reasonable?
Run to Nigeria to do what? Run a Generator all my life?
My ears would go deaf grin

Besides making money, and chilling in my village, I can stay here.
When I go home I come straight to owerri, Lagos nor Abuja has nothing to offer me.

So you are from my beloved Owerri, what a coincidence and surprise.

I agree with you 100%, as soon as I land in Lagos, 3 days is too much, I am off to Owerri.

Was there last easter, its clean, quiet and lovely, oh except for the 419 and yahoo boys, lol. grin
Re: Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
The answer is two-fold:

1. Some nigerians living in nigeria are simply jealous and would wish to be in the shoes of those outside the country.

2. Some nigerians abroad are GENUINELY IGNORANT about Nigeria but assume a misplaced sense of superior knowledge just because the "location" section on their profiles reads some place abroad. Sometimes i read comments from them and i shake my head in disbelief that some people can boldly display such brazen lack of intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun / Censorship: Good or Bad? / Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.