Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

“My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady (53720 Views)

Dhaturhobogurl: Lady Who 'Ran Mad' After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her, Speaks / Lady Rolls On The Floor After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her / Lady Faints After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by sinceraconcept(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
ur opinion is urs, speak 4 urself. my eldest sister has been married 4 about 10 yrs, d other just celebrated 6yrs anniversary, so abeg speak 4 urself
are you saying your elder sisters were wayward before marriage? if they weren't,then they don't fit into that category but if they were then their husbands are either overly religious,or not the husbands to be considered as high profiled husbands or they have done some kind of huge favours for their husbands,or their husbands. but husbands of today,if you're wayward and they learn about your dirty past,my dear,we no go treat you like queen o. we go do our own back o. that's why Kanye made a sex tape with a girl that looks like Kim,its a revenge to Kim K Ray J mixtape. many husbands that are not known to be wayward start being chronic cheats if they hear about their wife's sexcapade before marriage,its like trying to feel satisfied. So,if the woman is trying to maybe question them for the cheating,it gets to a point they would say she's worthless,that they used to think she's worthy and treat her like a queen but she's totally worthless. I know many bros that have treated their wives that way due to that reason o. that's why some men even want a virgin. if the woman with wayward past keeps quiet long to conceive,her problem multiplies and that would give every opportunity to put all blames on her and even the husband's family would make life miserable for her or even talk the man into having another wife in some cases. so,past of women usually come to haunt them,no man is stupid and no quality man wants to settle for less. there is a Yoruba proverb that says "If just little piece of human faeces is at the edge of the plate with food in it,even if we remove the faeces from the plate,we won't get our mind out of the disgusting experience" that's exactly why a lot of men seem to cheat for no reason and people would say his wife is beautiful but why is he cheating? its just a revenge mission to satisfy his ego
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by sinceraconcept(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
obviously some1 has done that to u, sorry o but some guys have done worse to some ladies yet d ladies are still willing to give relationship a try. go work on urself, try to 4give and stop such advice as d 1 u are spreading now.
nobody has ever done it to me sis,I swear. its just based on experiences of people around me. I don't give women money except women I pity and don't want to have anything to do with or if its very important I buy something for my girl. its just very common to girls to see some guys as maga and they would never love such guys for anything than the Money. I can't love a girl who pumps money on me all the time for anything but for the money as well. if a guy or girl wants to help partner with money,it should be that the person really need it for something overly important and that's the only place it could come from and that would be for the sake of humanity. I don't give women money . but I can help whenever its needed
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by sinceraconcept(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
always claim he don't have friends in delta state. he didn't grow up here, actually came here due to work. I only know few of his colleagues but Dont have their number and I didn't bother going to his place of work cos I knew he was fine due to his status update
don't just conclude sis I would urge you to give him a chance. who knows maybe he notices something that isn't true about you or was told something about you. ask him questions. some people like myself don't really voice out what we have in mind at times,it might be something entirely different from what you taught sis. since you said he has done that about 2 tob3 times before,it could be his nature. don't forget no one is perfect and some people just always prefer to keep shut and keep malice than ask question. Don't let go like that pls. question him thoroughly,let him tell you all that is going on and not just that he's been busy. ask him why he updates in whatsapp but ignores you. who knows maybe you're the one that would change that shortcoming in him cos I see you as someone intelligent
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by sfinkzslot(m): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2018
sfinkzslot:
somebody will soon post about back up husband, na then we go know say the end has found us

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Habyz(m): 2:28am On Jan 05, 2018
Backup boyfriend undecided Nawa o! Guys dey suffer sha cheesy.
If he was/is your backup bf why the hell did you say yes?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by northvietnam(m): 2:28am On Jan 05, 2018
ebby9z:

Seriously guy!!! Lmaoo p cheesy grin grin
Shey she dey spread her legs wide dey waka ni? Girls and lies

Bros I tayaaa Ooooo
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aleniboro(m): 4:08am On Jan 05, 2018
VastFinder:
“My Back-Up Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do” — Confused Young Lady Asks

A young Nigerian lady has written to relationship blogger, Joro Olumofin, that she is confused because her ‘back-up’ boyfriend proposed to her and she said yes.

The young lady has been hiding her engagement ring from her main boyfriend who is yet to pop the question to her.

Here’s what she wrote below ;

SOURCE: https://primesng.com/back-boyfriend-proposed-said-yes-confused-young-lady-asks/

I know we are all surprised to hear "back up boyfriend" when we guys are used to having so many "back up girlfriends" and even "extra back up girlfriends" and "back up wives" as concubines. Ladies are waking up. Imagine living with a boyfriend who has no plan of marrying her but his main aim is yo look for money while wasting the girl's productive age. After making the money, the guy will then realize that they are not of the same class. My advice: Don't worry yourself, go for the man with the golden word, your boyfriend also have so many backups, living together does not mean there is love. Tell your new fiancee to get you settled somewhere only for his cucumber!
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by immybanks(f): 5:34am On Jan 05, 2018
smiley
Pusyiter:
It is unfortunate you have built an empire relationship without a foundation. If you say the truth, you lose all and if you continue in the lies, you lose same. My advice is for you to come clean and make parties involve know your stand. It is better to be a single being searched than to be a deceptive single and a horrible housewife.
Did I hear you say Co-habit? You need a new dawn
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by justmenoni: 6:40am On Jan 05, 2018
These hoes ain't LOYAL

quote author=biacan post=63889261] cheesy cheesy wink grin :DBackup boyfriend...... but guys dey suffer for relationships ooo cheesy[/quote]
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2018
sinceraconcept:
are you saying your elder sisters were wayward before marriage? if they weren't,then they don't fit into that category but if they were then their husbands are either overly religious,or not the husbands to be considered as high profiled husbands or they have done some kind of huge favours for their husbands,or their husbands. but husbands of today,if you're wayward and they learn about your dirty past,my dear,we no go treat you like queen o. we go do our own back o. that's why Kanye made a sex tape with a girl that looks like Kim,its a revenge to Kim K Ray J mixtape. many husbands that are not known to be wayward start being chronic cheats if they hear about their wife's sexcapade before marriage,its like trying to feel satisfied. So,if the woman is trying to maybe question them for the cheating,it gets to a point they would say she's worthless,that they used to think she's worthy and treat her like a queen but she's totally worthless. I know many bros that have treated their wives that way due to that reason o. that's why some men even want a virgin. if the woman with wayward past keeps quiet long to conceive,her problem multiplies and that would give every opportunity to put all blames on her and even the husband's family would make life miserable for her or even talk the man into having another wife in some cases. so,past of women usually come to haunt them,no man is stupid and no quality man wants to settle for less. there is a Yoruba proverb that says "If just little piece of human faeces is at the edge of the plate with food in it,even if we remove the faeces from the plate,we won't get our mind out of the disgusting experience" that's exactly why a lot of men seem to cheat for no reason and people would say his wife is beautiful but why is he cheating? its just a revenge mission to satisfy his ego
exactly my point, i wanted u to stop generalising, there are girls and there are girls, some girls deserve to b treated as queens. if u meet a girl u think is not worthy of that. just work away and not marry her then maltreat her all in d name of get wayward past.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by mayoor2045(m): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2018
Back up boifwend or what did you call it? Na wa for all this our so call wife in waiting ooo!. Anyway better follow the one that has proposed to you,since the two of them are more or less on the same leverage financially in as much mr proposal has shown sign of more commitment.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 05, 2018
sinceraconcept:
don't just conclude sis I would urge you to give him a chance. who knows maybe he notices something that isn't true about you or was told something about you. ask him questions. some people like myself don't really voice out what we have in mind at times,it might be something entirely different from what you taught sis. since you said he has done that about 2 tob3 times before,it could be his nature. don't forget no one is perfect and some people just always prefer to keep shut and keep malice than ask question. Don't let go like that pls. question him thoroughly,let him tell you all that is going on and not just that he's been busy. ask him why he updates in whatsapp but ignores you. who knows maybe you're the one that would change that shortcoming in him cos I see you as someone intelligent
since he started apologizing, he has stuck to d 'i was busy with work' story and when i confront him with d status, all he could say is 'i am sorry'. if he can come clean, i'll know where to start forgiving from but i cant 4give something i know to b a lie. thanks 4 ur concern but I think I need to move past this lie.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 05, 2018
sinceraconcept:
nobody has ever done it to me sis,I swear. its just based on experiences of people around me. I don't give women money except women I pity and don't want to have anything to do with or if its very important I buy something for my girl. its just very common to girls to see some guys as maga and they would never love such guys for anything than the Money. I can't love a girl who pumps money on me all the time for anything but for the money as well. if a guy or girl wants to help partner with money,it should be that the person really need it for something overly important and that's the only place it could come from and that would be for the sake of humanity. I don't give women money . but I can help whenever its needed
unnecessary spendings in a relationship is not advisable, but I'm sure when u finally found love, u'll see things in a different light. gud luck
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 05, 2018
aigboeben:

Now what tangible reason is he giving?
he was held up at work and there was no network, but u could update?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Hizzojay(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2018
Purebeerry:
2017-side nigga

2018-backup boyfriend.

Its okay, continue.... cheesy.

2019 - Reserved bloke
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2018
biacan:
cheesy cheesy wink grin :DBackup boyfriend...... but guys dey suffer for relationships ooo cheesy
Thats what ladies do to guys.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 8:08am On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
he was held up at work and there was no network, but u could update?
I pray he didn't try out someone else. Obviously he's hiding something from you. Be wise as a serpent and gentle as dove. Did he get you any gifts for the just concluded festive season?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Ajadiboye(m): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2018
The thing is; If you are in love with 2 pple & u av to choose , choose the second person cos, If you truly loved the first, you wouldn't av any business falling for d second in d first place. She did d right thing, I wish her well.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Favmil101(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2018
so make I kill myself
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by emmylite79(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2018
Abeg oooh i need to find out fast if i be backup boyfriend too
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by David97: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2018
biacan:
cheesy cheesy wink grin :DBackup boyfriend...... but guys dey suffer for relationships ooo cheesy

See the way u are smiling, do u know if u are a also a side chick, it happens both ways so don't flatter urself
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Abeere88: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
Back up boyfriend saga.

my take is to first condemn the act of living together under the same roof with the 'main guy' for months without any serious or concrete plan for your relationship. I guess u guys are just neighbors, living couples life makes a lot of people value not to value themselves.

look before you leap - I guess u know the person u live with, in and out. if yes, ask him for his plan for you and examine without sentiment if he is worth waiting for, examine yourself too where your heart belongs and make the best of moves... shalom
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by blackbeau1(f): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2018
holysaint1:

this one you are seriously asking soo.... Hope you are not planning on getting yours. lipsrsealed
b4 nko grin
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
aigboeben:

I pray he didn't try out someone else. Obviously he's hiding something from you. Be wise as a serpent and gentle as dove. Did he get you any gifts for the just concluded festive season?
non. I didn't bother cos he wasn't even Around
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
non. I didn't bother cos he wasn't even Around

The season didn't come suddenly except he was not loaded enough to perform. You need wisdom and strength now. But your unwillingness to accept him back should not be hinged on your admirers trying to woo you. Do you think he trusts you?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
aigboeben:

The season didn't come suddenly except he was not loaded enough to perform. You need wisdom and strength now. But your unwillingness to accept him back should not be hinged on your admirers trying to woo you. Do you think he trusts you?
he works 4 an oil company. he knows I don't cheat, d reason I am refusing him now is not about suitors but I always have dis heartache whenever he suddenly disappear. I can't continue with that
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
he works 4 an oil company. he knows I don't cheat, d reason I am refusing him now is not about suitors but I always have dis heartache whenever he suddenly disappear. I can't continue with that
So what are you going to do now? Forgive him or wait for another Prince Charming. Time is ticking you know
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
It seems this is not the first season of his disappearing act. Is he an introvert?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
aigboeben:

It seems this is not the first season of his disappearing act. Is he an introvert?
not an introvert, he usually disappear like this but it doesn't last more than two days. he usually says he forgot his phone at home
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
aigboeben:

So what are you going to do now? Forgive him or wait for another Prince Charming. Time is ticking you know
I'm moving on. i cant keep on hoping he'll change
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
not an introvert, he usually disappear like this but it doesn't last more than two days. he usually says he forgot his phone at home
I guess you are his backup gf. He's Yoruba, what tribe are you? They don't easily marry outside, especially those who grew up in their State
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Burgerlomo: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
Na wa ooo, b4 na back up dancers me I dey hear but now some dudes don turn to back up boyfriends cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married / Ogun: 71-year-old Man Dies During Sex Romp With Prostitute / Should We Hide Our Sisters? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.