Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

“My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady (53646 Views)

Dhaturhobogurl: Lady Who 'Ran Mad' After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her, Speaks / Lady Rolls On The Floor After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her / Lady Faints After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
biacan:
cheesy cheesy wink grin :DBackup boyfriend...... but guys dey suffer for relationships ooo cheesy

Babe siddon there.. Its good to have insurance ..but don't sleep with then .y can see4 years abi,what if those8 or 10 years.. U can't be confident if any man till y sign dotted lines
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by justmi1: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hmmmm, this is a very dicey situation, though as a young man I detest a girl with "back up " boyfriends, however it is not uncommon for ladies of marriageable age to have back ups.
Having said that, a guy that has dated you for 4 years should propose already, it shouldn't always be about money, you guys can plan together.
Now the backup guy made a fast move, apparently he loves you more.
If you really love your main man, make him propose and return the backup guy's ring quietly, otherwise let the main man go.
Be careful though, you could become Lord of the ring
In fact the matter pass me, you should never have back up except if it's for power supply...
This is like 9ja bet, your ticket fit cut

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by adedayoa2(f): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dblock89:
After reading some comments above, I discovered that most ladies see nothing wrong with this tho I know guys cheat as well but this is bad... As I can understand the story this girl is living with the main guy that she loves more but presently the guy is hustling so that everything would be fine and they can get married together but this girl is having an affair with someone else at the same time knowing fully well that this backup guy isn't financially stable as well! All I can say is that girl you need to amend your ways or better still get yourself delivered by à true man of God because if not karma will catch up with you sooner or later.
girls like this sef, karma no dey catch up with them. Dude, I won't be part of those that will speak bad to this lady cuz men sef get their own for body. Something would have made her have a 'back up' boyfriend. It could be that age is no longer on her side, maybe she's had a relationship that didn't work out and she regretted not having a 'side' boyfriend she can always fall back to, I be woman and I know as e dey go.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by adedayoa2(f): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
justmi1:
Hmmmm, this is a very dicey situation, though as a young man I detest a girl with "back up " boyfriends, however it is not uncommon for ladies of marriageable age to have back ups.
Having said that, a guy that has dated you for 4 years should propose already, it shouldn't always be about money, you guys can plan together.
Now the backup guy made a fast move, apparently he loves you more.
If you really love your main man, make him propose and return the backup guy's ring quietly, otherwise let the main man go.
Be careful though, you could become Lord of the ring
In fact the matter pass me, you should never have back up except if it's for power supply...
This is like 9ja bet, your ticket fit cut
i don't want to know how young you are, but you spoke like a very matured man. Thank you
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Artistree: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
Menzy86:
Deceptive people deserve every ounce of strain they get from their deceptiveness. So deal with it till you make the wrong decision. That's what you brought upon yourself!
Deception, not deceptiveness.

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by stilldoingokay(f): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
VastFinder:
“My Back-Up Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do” — Confused Young Lady Asks

A young Nigerian lady has written to relationship blogger, Joro Olumofin, that she is confused because her ‘back-up’ boyfriend proposed to her and she said yes.

The young lady has been hiding her engagement ring from her main boyfriend who is yet to pop the question to her.

Here’s what she wrote below ;

SOURCE: https://primesng.com/back-boyfriend-proposed-said-yes-confused-young-lady-asks/

how she keep two matured guys in a strong relationship that even lead to marriage, is surprising.

she most be a female definition of Yoruba demon,

anyway hope you make the wright decision.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Apina(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
northvietnam:
Which wing is the back up playing

Keep xpanding ur Vjay in the name of back up BF....

Nah so one idiot tell me for xmas say na too much trekking from bus stop to lecture dey make her Vjay xpand. ..... I was like , u Don mean it...

What's my own, just use rubber play my game commot....
Seriously! Trekking = Community well

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Ogaonos: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
Menzy86:
Deceptive people deserve every ounce of strain they get from their deceptiveness. So deal with it till you make the wrong decision. That's what you brought upon yourself!
let me use dis avenue 2 advice guys abeg if u nt emotional strong 2 handle hrtbreak dnt eva enta/do single date.until u strong 2 handle hrtbrk.most gal do double date nd double dating mak u emotnal strong is a medicatn 2 cure mumu in luv syndrome.nd police bf behaviour.i always laugh wen i c sum guys so quick 2 condemn cheating bf all dis gals who cum online 2 complain about my bf cheating na wash.cheating no dey exist 4 relatnship na marriage e dey exist.nd na ur gf investment in u dt u luk at because most gal always hav more dan 1 dick doing dem.but they always rebuke d act na normal.a wrd is enough 4 d wise dnt felt guilty u bleepin 2 gfs except 1 gf don ova invest in u.or u ar married.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Seahawk: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
Marry him since the real boyfriend isn’t stepping up.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Huee(f): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
MrNigeria2018:

Hoe sighted
So my opinion makes me a hoe?!
You need help!! angry
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by blessingsonflee(f): 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
The typical adage that says" don't put your eggs in one basket "comes to mind. You said "yes" because you were desperate for marriage. Go on and get married

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Haryourmieykhun(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
continue deceiving ur self after loosing ur virginity to anoda person u now cum back and say yes

Mumu
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by nikkypearl(f): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
iamJ:
I don't visit ur grade
grin grin na so
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
musa234:
Not every guy has a side chick. Please stop the generalising.
and not all girls have back up boyfriends
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by DeWorlex45(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
fatherdfd:
The back up bf is a great learner. How will u propose to a girl u hardly know were stays, u don't visit her home to know who she stays with. The guy wan marry masquerade. grin
I so much love ur opinion, how can u propose to someone u hav not visited wia she stays, either alone or with someone & with who, parent or other relation?? dis backup guy nah complete learner, so wat would be his action if he later knew dt he was a mere backup bf, & dt his presume girlfrnd was already sleeping or living with a guy hu was her main bf. i dont knw wat really carried dis guy sense away to make him propose to some1 he never visited or know d situation of her accomodation. i am just hearing about a BACKUP BOYFRIEND on dis thread. Chai, some guys don suffer o, cos dey will be forming a real bf not knowing dat dem be mere backup. i fear women,. But i hope say BACKUP HUSBAND no dey o?? cos dis women no fit trust anymore.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
Josephamstrong1:

For quoting me with this, I can swear on my bollocks that you have many backups.
Deny it.
i deny it 100%, I dont even have a bf, sorry, ask some1 else
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by pedrozone15(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
Well that's ur business, you have already said yes but I think you are a bad person( not judging, just my view of u).
Why? OK let me explain,
1, U have a boyfriend who loves and adores u but still went for backup (as u put it).
2, U have been living with ur bf for months now, and the innocent good guy will be paying ur bills.
Question:- How do you think he will see ladies as when he finally finds out?
2, What kind of a heart do u have?
3, Have u even tot about the way ur bf would react when he finds out?
Woman it's a new year, hope ur actions wouldn't lead him to commit suicide.
God help us guys to find a mother, friend and partner for marriage in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
sinceraconcept:
you just see them laughing in wedding pictures,there would surely be problem in the marriage,they would never post divorce pictures online. any guy who is proud of himself would never treat a hoe like a queen,that's the reason why guys treat their wife or girlfriend like shit these days,it's always about the woman showing signs of cheating or the guy hears about the past philandering of someone he's been treating with respect and that is what any sensible guy can never forgive and since we all know philandering is addictive,they continue after marriage,other shortcomings are very much forgivable except cheating. people marry everyday and guys send their wives packing everyday also. if the woman already has a child,she never gets appealing to any guy again except guys that are willing to settle for less(except if the girl is a multimillionaire or high profile celebrity and even with that many guys would still use and dump her and that's why Juliet Ibrahim is thankful because Iceberg is willing to marry her,it's because she has a child already,she feels lucky) but men remarry all the time,men marry second,third,fourth....wife,men can even remain single again and bring in different girls and society wouldn't say anything but that can never be said about women. women should stop the comparison. if you feel like your guy or husband is cheating and cant forgive him,dump his ass but cheating as revenge or flexing doesn't make it any better,you turn to a prostitute and every guy would want to use you and dump you,if I hear a girl is promiscuous,all that comes to my mind is having my own share and never thinking of marrying her,lai lai. a cheating wife is very deadly because women are very easy to convince because women get controlled,that's why no sensible guy can forgive a cheating wife. its not good for husbands to cheat as well,it's very bad but a cheating husband is still not as bad because the husband's girlfriend would never control the man,because he's the man and has the control,no woman outside can tell a man to kill his wife,infact a man could send his girlfriends packing at any time if he thinks about his wife at home,a cheating man in most cases still very much love the wife but some circumstances lead to the cheating but women have fragile hearts and a cheating woman has already lost the love she has for her man. cheating is what no sensible man can ever forgive except they're lying to you.
ur opinion is urs, speak 4 urself. my eldest sister has been married 4 about 10 yrs, d other just celebrated 6yrs anniversary, so abeg speak 4 urself
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by stainless239(f): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
majamajic:
really ?

raise the substitute board. ....... tell him its time for a reserve player to come in..

back to the topic... this night before sleep ask him abt his plans that someone wants to seek your hands according to your parents/siblings. ..so if u don't get a cool reply ...tomorrow morning tell him u will going home to answer your parents during the weekend. .if no moves....then appear with the ring next week from home ...let him fin solutions.

Wow.......
I just learnt something
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by DONFASZY(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
Back up bf
Back up UPS battery is used as a standby device once power supply is cut off or shutdown?den d alternative is d back up UPS?

So dis little b*tch now date and smash 2guys and call one Inverter abi

U c reasons why GUYs deal wit dem
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by prinsam30: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
Divay22:
Some babe gat heart.. Like real heart not the ones of chicken..
Back upboyfriend, so the way you backup your files you're also backing up your relationship...

yes na incase the original got lost or currupted or deleted from the main server mistakenly...... grin
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Azam101: 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
Huee:

She didn't place her hope on one guy, probably she didn't expect the backup boyfriend to turn out serious.
Talking from experience olosho grin
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Menzy86(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
Artistree:

Deception, not deceptiveness.
Thanks alot. Dunno wat I was thinking sef...

1 Like

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by HappyScent: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
Tell ur man its is a sin to cohabit.go back to ur father or mother house.from there u can watch the two
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by aigboeben(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
gloria34:
my dear, what u did was wrong, but I can't say I blame u with d way some guys behave, d deed has been done, if u love d guy that propose and u are sure he'll make a good husband and father, my babe, marry him o. maybe d guy u are hoping on has a 'side chick' u don't know.
Anyone cheating in a relationship can't see the future clearly. So she can't really tell if he's going to be a good husband. Would you do same daughter of Zion?
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by samiboy774(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
Its just a Mata of tym...we'll start hearing "Extra boyfrnd" like extra time and/or "Additional boyfrnd" like Additional time....
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Huee(f): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
Azam101:
Talking from experience olosho grin
So my opinion makes me an olosho!!!
You need help!!
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by InfernoNig: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Women are evil. A man can not do this. He will break up first. God help us.
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by erimmy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
VastFinder:
“My Back-Up Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do” — Confused Young Lady Asks

A young Nigerian lady has written to relationship blogger, Joro Olumofin, that she is confused because her ‘back-up’ boyfriend proposed to her and she said yes.

The young lady has been hiding her engagement ring from her main boyfriend who is yet to pop the question to her.

SOURCE: https://primesng.com/back-boyfriend-proposed-said-yes-confused-young-lady-asks/
Back up boyfriend? Na your pussy go tell you.

Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by locoster(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
VastFinder:

Back-up bf! I've never heard this b4
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by FaroukM(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
.....Greedy
Re: “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2018
aigboeben:

Anyone cheating in a relationship can't see the future clearly. So she can't really tell if he's going to be a good husband. Would you do same daughter of Zion?
I am not perfect but I don't cheat. I easily get hurt so I don't want to do same to others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her / I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) / Couple Who Can’t Smile Because Of Rare Condition Fall In Love - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.