Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (65592 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave
Don't mind them. As for me, culture comes before religion any day any time. And that's because Jesus Christ himself said he didn't come to change the law but to fulfil it.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
DIS IS Y ANNOUNCEMNET NEED TO BE MADE TO PREVENT OSU-YORUBA FROM SPREADING INTO IGBO LAND.

OUTRIGHT BAN ON ALL YORUBA MARRIAGE TO IGBOS.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
sexdoll:

The white man you now want us to be emulating intoto is now marrying two men together.

What the fück is wrong with you biko?

Emulate? Who is talking about emulating anybody! We are talking about elimination of inhumane and idiotic traditions.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
WEN U SEE AN IGBO MARRIED TO YORUBA, LET US SAY THE WORD.

OSU YORUBA!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
AuroraB:
Eziokwu gi?
Speak for yourself oooo grin
He knows what he should do abeg lipsrsealed

Don't mind him.

I mana ebulu ozu onye ozo o dika ebu ogbe nku.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
ladiesreject:

Don't mind them. As for me, culture comes before religion any day any time. And that's because Jesus Christ himself said he didn't come to change the law but to fulfil it.

Then u should throw away twins and also follow other idiotic traditions
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by sexdoll: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Emulate? Who is talking about emulating anybody! We are talking about elimination of inhumane and idiotic traditions.

Can you eliminate racism?
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by caon: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
freedomchild:
He should move on. Though I don't support this OSU stuff the issue is more spiritual and cultural than we think. As for those above saying that they'd marry anyone irrespective of his/her cultural inclination don't know anything.... How can you stop what you don't know it's root...... Better behave
I concur.it is more spiritual than cultural.it usually tends to affect their children.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:
DIS IS Y ANNOUNCEMNET NEED TO BE MADE TO PREVENT OSU-YORUBA FROM SPREADING INTO IGBO LAND.

OUTRIGHT BAN ON ALL YORUBA MARRIAGE TO IGBOS.

Hateful, bigoted Mumu spotted. I bet u probably also call yourself "born again"

5 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

OSU-YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ballerin(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Amarabae:
I feel like crying. Am crying now cry cry cry
sowie, oya come & sit on my laps..
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Sanchez01: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Ehn? 3 classes?? shocked I thought there were just 2 groups - the "Osu," who are the outcasts, and the "Dialas," who are the freeborns. Who are the 3rd?
In Imo State, three classes of individuals exist. These are the “free born” (Diala), the enslaved outcasts (Osu, Ohu or Oru) and Ume (those prone-to-die).
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/osu-caste-system-dead-myth-reality/amp/

I got wind of the Ume recently during a session at the office. I find it quite fascinating but haven't gotten sound materials to read on it.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
U LEAVE YOUR SOUTHWEST TO MARRY FROM IGBO.

WE WILL ALL SAY THE WORD.

OSU-YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
sexdoll:

When the whites are racially stigmatizing the blacks in America and even in Europe, tell me please, how is it the fault of the black man that he is born black?

That's why they worked hard to correct it, not say it is their tradition. See the big difference?
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
ANY IGBO FAMILY DAT GIVE THEIR CHILDREN TO YORUBA FOR MARRIAGE.

WE ALREADY KNOW WAT THEY ARE.

WE WILL SAY THE WORD.

OSU!
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

Then u should throw away twins and also follow other idiotic traditions
My culture is not against twins bro. Where I come from have one of the perfect cultures
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by apharm(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mrkumareze:

Wise man, I read the comments above yours and I was like they 're kids . The spirit behind that OSU of a thing is not a child's play . Have seen disastrous effect of it

what effects does it have. enlighten me bro
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by caon: 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
BlackAfrican:
They will cry of marginalization but still marginalize themselves
bros this is not marginalisation.free borns n OSUs interact a lot.as a matter of fact can b best of friends d only that cannot be done is to marry themselves because of d spirituality involved.d offsprings of such union usually suffer d consequence.pls if u don't understand a concept, there is nothing wrong in asking to be educated rather than arrive at a wrongful conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
apharm:

what effects does it have. enlighten me bro

U WILL BE FEARED AND AVOIDED WORST THAN THE PLAGUE.

ARE U OSU-YORUBA?

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Abogwara: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yes that's the culture. Go and marry who can tolerate that.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU-YORUBA!

My brother, how about Hausa, Ijaw, Ishekiri, Germans, Itallians, etc. Please advice.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by caon: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
cooltola:
please stay along together, your girl cannot let her parents decide who she want to be. I know remember a lady who was a Christian. A Christian lady dated and married a Muslim guy even though her dad was completely against her marry a Muslim. Today they are a very happy couple. Love knows no bound
it is not a case of religious.believed mi a free born would rather marry a Muslim than an outcast.d issue is damn too spiritual to dive into.so it is not a case of marginalisation or what your parents want
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ballerin(m): 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
AuroraB:
Eziokwu gi? Speak for yourself oooo grin He knows what he should do abeg lipsrsealed
you dey craze o
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:

My brother, how about Hausa, Ijaw, Ishekiri, Germans, Itallians, etc. Please advice.

I AM NO BROTHER TO OSU-YORUBA.

AS FOR THE OTHER GROUPS U MENTIONED, THEY ARE NOT OBSESSED WITH IGBO SO THEY ARE FINE.

YORUBA WANT TO BE IGBO BY ALL MEANS, ESPECIALLY BY DNA.

AS WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE THEIR IS PROS AND CONS, ACTION AND CONSEQUENCE.

IF U HAVE OSU DNA, U ARE OSU.

THUS, A YORUBA-OSU.

THE ONLY IGBOS THAT MARRY YORUBAS ARE OSU BECOS NO OTHER IGBO WILL MARRY THEM.

OSU-YORUBA!

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Abogwara: 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:
This Osu stuff is proof that some traditions are pure madness. A politician steals in broad daylight and is adulated. While here is a man being stigmatized for something he has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with!!

There is nobody stigmatized here. Same way a Pentecistal cannot marry Catholic or a Jew marry a Moslem but they can be friends and do everything together.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
caon:
bros this is not marginalisation.free borns n OSUs interact a lot.as a matter of fact can b best of friends d only that cannot be done is to marry themselves because of d spirituality involved.d offsprings of such union usually suffer d consequence.pls if u don't understand a concept, there is nothing wrong in asking to be educated rather than arrive at a wrongful conclusion.

See ignorance. Which "spirituality". How about other equally wicked traditions that have been abolished? It is this confused mentality that keep people chained to idiotic traditions.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by letusbepieces: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
WE IGBOS DONT PLAY AROUND WITH OSU THINGS.

YORUBA WILL BE PROSCRIBE FROM MARRYING IGBOS BECOS OF THEIR OSU STATUS.

OSU-YORUBA!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
bobokeshington:

we no get for my own community o...

Go home n ask ur elders.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Abogwara:

There is nobody stigmatized here. Same way a Pentecistal cannot marry Catholic or a Jew marry a Moslem but they can be friends and do everything together.

See arrant ignorance. Comparing apples and oranges. There are Jews married to moslems, etc. Nothing follows their children. Know the difference.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Xisnin(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

OSU-YORUBA!

ameri9ja:

He is one of those who couldn't afford bride price, so he has to blame Yorubas for marrying
his fiancee. You will see him ranting uncontrollably, pity him, he is in deep pains.
Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
ameri9ja:
This Osu stuff is proof that some traditions are pure madness. A politician steals in broad daylight and is adulated. While here is a man being stigmatized for something he has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with!!

Oga anyi Albert Einstein, The Aboubaku tradition didn't show u that some traditions are pure madness abigringrin.

1 Like

Re: I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals by ameri9ja: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
letusbepieces:

I AM NO BROTHER TO OSU-YORUBA.

AS FOR THE OTHER GROUPS U MENTIONED, THEY ARE NOT OBSESSED WITH IGBO SO THEY ARE FINE.

YORUBA WANT TO BE IGBO BY ALL MEANS, ESPECIALLY BY DNA.

AS WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE THEIR IS PROS AND CONS, ACTION AND CONSEQUENCE.

IF U HAVE OSU DNA, U ARE OSU.

THUS, A YORUBA-OSU.

THE ONLY IGBOS THAT MARRY YORUBAS ARE OSU BECOS NO OTHER IGBO WILL MARRY THEM.

OSU-YORUBA!

U really should seek psychiatric help. Yorubas somehow got into your head. What happened? Did they marry your favorite sister?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.