Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (25678 Views)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by MhizAJ(f): 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
maestroferddi:
Why?

But you were taught by someone...

I've said the reason already nah
Read my comments again
Except if he's well paid
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lionessza:

Lol, don't know how to put it without sounding rude. But I hate a bytch of a man lol. I can't stand a passive guy , as a friend yes but as indoda yam ..hell no . I can be quiet domineering, so having an energy vampire who wants me to take control of everything and never objects to my rulling would drive me to commit suicide cheesy. Although I also can't stand chauvinism.

Oh, I understand lol.

Is there anything you'd like to change about yourself or perhaps turn it down just a little bit? Like, I know that some of the qualities that make up a strong personality aren't ideal & can be a bit too much for certain people to take. Hence "we" end up alone or with few people that can really tolerate the BS. Sometimes I reflect & wish that I could change certain things. Not for someone else but for myself. Only problem is, I don't know how to.

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Acidosis(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lionessza:

Look , everyone has a preference that they are comfortable with and that's mine . So you expected me to say I would go for a toilet cleaner? .

Why do I have a feeling you would consider a toilet cleaner in Canada or UK?

@OP, I can marry anyone for who they're, not by the nature of their profession. As far as you're bringing something to the table (I mean trustworthiness, loyalty, time, affection, etc.), and you're not constituting personal or community nuisance in the process...

As far as you do not let your job define who you are, you're my type. Don't come and be arguing with me in the house because you're a Lawyer. No revealing sluty dresses because your boss wants you to dress to kill your clients. No low self esteem because you don't have a degree and earn very low. As far as you're the one defining your job, taking total control of your job, willing to exit or quit at any damn time to make yourself and family happy without apology, then you're my type.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Politician...
Entertainer
Military/Police/Paramilitary
Nurse

Others are good to go...

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by stainless239(f): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
Accountants.....

They are very boring
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by kristowfa(f): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
I can't marry a mortuary attendant

3 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
XhosaNostra:
A security guard or a male nurse. There's something girly about the title "male nurse".
Why don't you want to date a security guard it is quite macho

You are strange you know. You don't want to date a macho man and a girly man grin

3 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Lionessza(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
Acidosis:

@OP, I can marry anyone for who they're, not by the nature of their profession. As far as you're bringing something to the table (I mean trustworthiness, loyalty, time, affection, etc.), and you're not constituting personal or community nuisance in the process...

As far as you do not let your job define who you are, you're my type. Don't come and be arguing with me in the house because you're a Lawyer. No revealing sluty dresses because your boss wants you to dress to kill your clients. No low self esteem because you don't have a degree and earn very low. As far as you're the one defining your job, taking total control of your job, willing to exit or quit at any damn time to make yourself and family happy without apology, then you're my type.

I wonder what made you think that .
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by MhizAJ(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
greiboy:
lecturers are teachers too
Plus some teachers earn a lot in lagos
I am just staying

That's Lagos anyways
It's just few schools like Atlantic hall,British international and Co that pay their staff well

But most of them aren't well paid still and they always look unkempt...They are not all that

Lecturers aren't bad either...those ones earn way higher above an ordinary teacher
But i got love for that profession
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by biacan(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2018
MhizAJ:

What will i be doing with a man that earns N15,000 per month

It's not even enough to buy ones foundation self

Make them rest

I can't get married to someone that earn less than 100k shocked tell me where are starting from
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by tosyne2much(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
Acidosis:

No mind that girl jawe..

Baba you're always on point and that's what I so much respect you.. Hope you go watch the downfall of Chelsea this night sha cheesy ?

3 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Acidosis(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
kristowfa:
I can't marry a mortuary attendant

Are you sure?

What if he's based in the UK washing dead bodies to raise cash for a proper business?

2 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Mayflowa(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
litaninja:
Those against male nurses....thinking they're gay and all that are the perfect example of why "Bad boys" will continue to get the best chics.
I'd imagine a Male nurse will be able to show the amount of affection and caring that most females constantly claim they want.
Yet, we can see clearly here that females dont want that. Females want Bad Boys!!

Exactly! Most ladies usually know the fate of their relationships but they still get into it
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by tosyne2much(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Politician...
You mean you can't marry your kind? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Bellarod05: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
I can't marry a local and illiterate tailor,Never God forbid...

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lionessza:
I personally wouldn't go for any guy who doesn't have a formal job ( both civil servants and private sector are welcome) or doesn't own a formal business ( I don't play around with hustlers).
Come with me

2 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by MhizAJ(f): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
biacan:
I can't get married to someone that earn less than 100k shocked tell me where are starting from

Things are really tough for Nigerians cheesy grin

It's facial foundation jhur

I'd like to marry a pastor
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
tosyne2much:
You mean you can't marry your kind? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Absolutely my brother!

I know the intrigues and stuffs surrounding it and I wouldn't want to see my wife get emerged on some political dramatics...

Though she may have interest in politics but not an active player like me... I can't fit shout biko lipsrsealed
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by maestroferddi: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
MhizAJ:

I've said the reason already nah
Read my comments again
Except if he's well paid
I see.

I hope you are well paid yourself.

There is something called patience which some of you little girls dont know.

That professor earning over 500k now might have started life earning less than N50k.

While you are waiting for Dangote to look your direction, a smart female looks at a man's potential, move in with him and create the wealth they desire.

You want to reap where you did not sow? You are in for a rude awakening, my dear...

11 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
tosyne2much:
No mind that girl jawe..

Baba you're always on point and that's what I so much respect you.. Hope you go watch the downfall of Chelsea this night sha cheesy ?
grin grin We dey follow your foot steps boss.. Ahh downfall ke? My homies here won't take it lightly with me if I look forward to a downfall oo
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Acidosis(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lionessza:

I wonder what made you think that .
I'm wondering too
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
what other side, there are many part of me u do not know.
Lexusgs430:

Unfamiliar location for you..... Used to seeing you on the other side.......
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
y?
stillseth:
I won't marry someone that works in a bar, hotel, and even hair stylist too...my opinion.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
MhizAJ:

That's Lagos anyways
It's just few schools like Atlantic hall,British international and Co that pay their staff well

But most of them aren't well paid still and they always look unkempt...They are not all that

Lecturers aren't bad either...those ones earn way higher above an ordinary teacher
But i got love for that profession
Some average schools pay as much as 40k in Lagos, but I know that is chicken change with the high standard of living in Lagos

In any event, I am sure you know that no condition is permanent. Most people teaching in Nigeria are degree holders who have not been able to secure better employment, therefore their situation can always change for the better

So you like lecturers eh?

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
MhizAJ:

What will i be doing with a man that earns N15,000 per month

It's not even enough to buy ones foundation self

Make them rest

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Lexusgs430: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Tracypacy:
what other side, there are many part of me u do not know.

Indeed...... I dare not explore. Some Pandora's boxes, are best left unopened...........
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Nairaland boys, only got dicks to offer.
RexTramadol1:
Nairaland girls

Dey r d worst.

3 Likes

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
You had better open it cos am an open book.
Lexusgs430:

Indeed...... I dare not explore. Some Pandora's boxes, are best left unopened...........
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Lexusgs430: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Acidosis:

Are you sure?

What if he's based in the UK washing dead bodies to raise cash for a proper business?

Dead body nah dead body, regardless of washing location...
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin
stainless239:
Accountants.....

They are very boring
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Lionessza(f): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Oh, I understand lol.

Is there anything you'd like to change about yourself or perhaps turn it down just a little bit? Like, I know that some of the qualities that make up a strong personality aren't ideal & can be a bit too much for certain people to take. Hence "we" end up alone or with few people that can really tolerate the BS. Sometimes I reflect & wish that I could change certain things. Not for someone else but for myself. Only problem is, I don't know how to.

Lol, the changing part would never happen not even for my grand children cheesy. The toning down part seems to be working ok though, maybe I'm getting old grin or ndinomntu who knows how to handle me. I hear you , although I'm not as remorseful. I would rather end up alone than change .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why Men Must Not Cheat. / Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.