Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (25707 Views)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
kayusbrown:

Engineers are the registered and recognised professionals involved in research, design, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, systems and structures. There are cadres in the Engineering profession. On top of the food chain in the family are the professionals that are exclusively allowed to use the title 'Engineer' legally. Following are the Technologists, Technicians, Craftsmen and Artisans, with their exclusive legally recognised titles. All professionals in the cadres are actually practicing engineering in the broad sense of it and can actually call themselves Engineers. To differentiate roles and avoid confusion however, the title 'Engineer' is reserved for the cadre saddled with the highest responsibility in any Engineering project.

If there is a need to produce a mobile phone for example, the 'Engineer' is responsible for the design (detail plan, component selection, how components are interconnected, prototype or simulation etc.) usually leading to the production of a blueprint for the production of the mobile phone. He may participate at supervisory level (in coordination with the Technologist) in the actual construction process of the phone but those who carry out the actual construction are the Technicians, Craftsmen and Artisans.

The title 'Engineer' sounds noble like 'Doctor', 'Barrister' etc. So just like a paralegal will not mind if addressed as Barrister, an artisan will gladly answer when called an Engineer by someone who doesn't know the difference. Then those in the lower cadre often fondly call themselves 'Engineers' as they aspire to become one ultimately by climbing to the top of the food chain.

Engineers often work for longer hours, may travel regularly locally and overseas, attend series of meetings and often work under pressure.

And you wrote all this because?
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
kayusbrown:

Engineers are the registered and recognised professionals involved in research, design, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, systems and structures. There are cadres in the Engineering profession. On top of the food chain in the family are the professionals that are exclusively allowed to use the title 'Engineer' legally. Following are the Technologists, Technicians, Craftsmen and Artisans, with their exclusive legally recognised titles. All professionals in the cadres are actually practicing engineering in the broad sense of it and can actually call themselves Engineers. To differentiate roles and avoid confusion however, the title 'Engineer' is reserved for the cadre saddled with the highest responsibility in any Engineering project.

If there is a need to produce a mobile phone for example, the 'Engineer' is responsible for the design (detail plan, component selection, how components are interconnected, prototype or simulation etc.) usually leading to the production of a blueprint for the production of the mobile phone. He may participate at supervisory level (in coordination with the Technologist) in the actual construction process of the phone but those who carry out the actual construction are the Technicians, Craftsmen and Artisans.

The title 'Engineer' sounds noble like 'Doctor', 'Barrister' etc. So just like a paralegal will not mind if addressed as Barrister, an artisan will gladly answer when called an Engineer by someone who doesn't know the difference. Then those in the lower cadre often fondly call themselves 'Engineers' as they aspire to become one ultimately by climbing to the top of the food chain.

Engineers often work for longer hours, may travel regularly locally and overseas, attend series of meetings and often work under pressure.

And you wrote all this because? i still dont know what you mean when you say engineer?
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Simpubozz(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
tosyne2much:
How market baba? cheesy tongue
Boss! as u can see, market go well, 1-1 still pay us as opposed all Una critique predictions cheesy
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by kayusbrown(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2018
funmisticqueen:
And you wrote all this because? i still dont know what you mean when you say engineer?

To help you decide when considering an Engineer.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Lionessza(f): 11:22am On Feb 22, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
that you can marry

Ok.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 22, 2018
kayusbrown:

To help you decide when considering an Engineer.
in that case i can date an engineer
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
grin
funmisticqueen:
in that case i can date an engineer
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by mikejj(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
XhosaNostra:

IDK because it's not about the money. I've dated a barman before & to my understanding, they get paid less than a nurse. I just don't like that it sounds so feminine. As for a security guard, again it's not about monetary value or anything, i just don't see myself dating one lol.
so i was lucky when you settled with me.haha
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by mikejj(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
Lionessza:

Look , everyone has a preference that they are comfortable with and that's mine . So you expected me to say I would go for a toilet cleaner? .
hey rome wasn't built in a day so they say...you mean you can't start life with a man.when things ain't rosy?ah ladies of the 21st century
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by XhosaNostra(f): 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
mikejj:
so i was lucky when you settled with me.haha

But was *I* lucky? tongue

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by mikejj(m): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
grin
XhosaNostra:

But was *I* lucky? tongue
grin what the?you know what i refuse to get angry..feb.is about saying gud bye
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Tracypacy(f): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
mikejj:
hey rome wasn't built in a day so they say...you mean you can't start life with a man.when things ain't rosy?ah ladies of the 21st century
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by wealthtrak: 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lionessza:
I personally wouldn't go for any guy who doesn't have a formal job ( both civil servants and private sector are welcome) or doesn't own a formal business ( I don't play around with hustlers).
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by wealthtrak: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
XhosaNostra:
A security guard or a male nurse. There's something girly about the title "male nurse".
grin... These SA post-apartheid babes are very choosy too.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Stephenofu: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Soldier
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by IyaTola: 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
grin
Stephenofu:
Soldier

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Marry An Illiterate? / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / How To Attract A Girl Who Already Has A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.