Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21048 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 7:05am On May 18, 2010
^^^^^^^^

Sharrap woman! I dun tire 4 u. Stay out of Igbo affairs. Onlytruth has every right to complain about how Igboland is often neglected in the grand scheme of things. Everyone knows this, because we lost the war. Nigeria was the victor and we were the vanquished.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by FACE(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Onlytruth, Only last year, you whined that because no Ibo has been made president in Nigeria, Ibo land cannot be expected by anyone to develop more than it has and so is reason why life remains unchanged in most areas for decades. Now you have a president, how is Ibo land doing? Let me guess, Jonathan should not be considered an Ibo man? Not until all offices in Nigeria are occupied by Ibos will Ibo land be expected to wake up? Um . . . Jonathan is not good enough because you suspect he might have non-ibo blood in him? Which excuse we go get for this one?

You complain today of not being able to fly out of Ibo land, yet you have actually had a functioning international airport in calabar for at least 5 years now. Thousands of people have flown, and continue to fly directly from Atlanta to Calabar and out for years now. So is it the case that Calabar is not part of Ibo land now? You need the airport to be right in your own backyard to stop you from whining. People who speak Ibo are not allowed to fly out of Calabar? Which is it this time?

Lagos has had an international airport for decades yet it is one of the biggest slums in the world. Are the only developed towns/cities in the world cities that have an international airport of some sort?

When does the whine-fest end and you start urging Ibos to take initiative? When do you start actually CARING about the lives of people, poor and impoverished in Iboland to start looking in to understand why it is wrong for the governments there to continue stealing from the people?

Big fat lie, but I am not shocked at the deceitful attempt to score a cheap point. Planes do not fly beyond west and central Africa from Calabar airport and you can't even get a flight to Douala from calabar these days.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Onlytruth, Only last year, you whined that because no Ibo has been made president in Nigeria, Ibo land cannot be expected by anyone to develop more than it has and so is  reason why life remains unchanged in most areas for decades. Now you have a president, how is Ibo land doing? Let me guess, Jonathan should not be considered an Ibo man? Not until all offices in Nigeria are occupied by Ibos will Ibo land be expected to wake up? Um . . . Jonathan is not good enough because you suspect he might have non-ibo blood in him? Which excuse we go get for this one?

You complain today of not being able to fly out of Ibo land, yet you have actually had a functioning international airport in calabar for at least 5 years now. Thousands of people have flown, and continue to fly directly from Atlanta to Calabar and out for years now. So is it the case that Calabar is not part of Ibo land now? You need the airport to be right in your own backyard to stop you from whining. People who speak Ibo are not allowed to fly out of Calabar? Which is it this time?

Lagos has had an international airport for decades yet it is one of the biggest slums in the world. Are the only developed towns/cities in the world cities that have an international airport of some sort? 

When does the whine-fest end and you start urging Ibos to take initiative? When do you start actually CARING about the lives of people, poor and impoverished in Iboland to start looking in to understand why it is wrong for the governments there to continue stealing from the people?

I doubt that I ever said that an Igbo president is the panacea to the ills of Igboland as a marginalized area in Nigeria. I remember saying that anyone who can normalize Igboland as a part of Nigeria, gets my votes. As for Goodluck Jonathan, my gradual withdrawal of support for him is because he has increasingly deployed stratagems designed and packaged by Obasanjo. I would extend the same treatment to even my blood brother because I believe that Obasanjo is out to cheat my people.
As for the Calabar airport, I give thanks to[b] FACE[/b] for his curt and credible answer. I love Calabar, so no shaking. When they let it operate as a true international airport, I would fly directly into it. cool
My last experience at the Port Harcourt airport was awful.
My other argument is that if other two major tribes (Igbo peers in Nigeria -Yoruba and Hausa) have international airports in their lands, why not Igbo? What is wrong about having an international airport in Igboland?
For the umpteenth time (not that kobojunkie is interested in truth undecided), having an international airport in Igboland would enable enterprising Igbos like myself to create big businesses in the east and employ people which would decrease emigration from Igboland.

I don't for once buy the myth that Igboland is overcrowded or too dense. That is one of the biggest lies of Nigeria.
If you don't stop marginalizing Igbo in Nigeria, the country won't last long. Period.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 10:15am On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

I guess you can never understand me then. cool
Now I can see why you are puzzled by my posts. undecided Why am I agitated then?
Frankly I shouldn't have a problem then if I was lying. undecided
Your problem is that you are too crooked in the head to imagine a man truly unhappy about his marginalized and oppressed status in the land of his birth.

Ol boy, if you a Yoruba can live in Yorubaland, why can't I live in Igboland? I will give you one reason: you have international transportation access in your land, I DON'T. I Was NOT born outside Igboland.
For your information, I obtained primary, secondary and tertiary education in Igboland.

Like I keep saying, you don't have to understand me if you can't. cool

I get you, I just don't have to agree with you. Your them against us mentality will work against your aspirations. The best business deal is the one in which all parties walk away happy. You can either try to work with others in the realisation of a common goal or you continue to blow hot air without actualising anything. You continue to pontificate that Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha enriching themselves is equal to Westerners and Northerners being wealthy. As Igbo people are being marginalised, are Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Tiv, etc people not being marginalised?

Which rational person does not want his father's land to be developed? As you agitate for development, I join in that agitation but not just for the East but for the whole of Nigeria. What is the point of being a Nigerian and not being able to visit other parts of Nigeria (I am referring to incidents of accidents in both Road and Air travel). I haven't been to the East since my secondary school days to see old friends because of safety concerns.
It is also for the benefit of Lagosians that International airports exist in other parts of Nigeria. I doubt New Yorkers would be happy if JFK was the only airport on the East coast.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 10:17am On May 18, 2010
udezue:

Katsumoto Good Job. grin

Udezue, you dey find my troubo?
grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 1:43pm On May 18, 2010
Any Nigerian who does not notice the absence of MMA or NAA class of airport in the defunct eastern region of Nigeria was a designed economical and infrastructural strangulation of the region by the successive central government of Nigeria since the end of Nigeria/Biafra civil war is either socio-political myopic or outright disingenuous.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 2:00pm On May 18, 2010
Katsumoto i never even start sef. Na preview.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2010
DedeIts obvious that there is an unwritten policy to deny the East and the Igbo any chance of real economic development and independence. We might have so called International airports in Calabar and PH but these airports are so below capacity even a dummy can tell that there is something seriously wrong. It makes no sense that a people known for business enterprise and education have not one real international airport of their own. Why must we travel to Lagos, Abuja, Kano just board a damn plane? Why must we always ship our goods to Lagos when we can do it in Ph or Calabar or even Onitsha if there is a seaport? The fact is that they want us to be dependent on other regions West and North that any talk of independence will seem suicidal to us hence we are forced to invest regions where our investments are not appreciated at the detriment of own region. Something drastic needs to be done to reverse this shameful trend.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

I doubt that I ever said that an Igbo president is the panacea to the ills of Igboland as a marginalized area in Nigeria. I remember saying that anyone who can normalize Igboland as a part of Nigeria, gets my votes. As for Goodluck Jonathan, my gradual withdrawal of support for him is because he has increasingly deployed stratagems designed and packaged by Obasanjo. I would extend the same treatment to even my blood brother because I believe that Obasanjo is out to cheat my people.

I remember you whining only last year( gosh I wish I Nairaland search was easier) that an Ibo President will do it for Iboland. But I see now that you will always be @Onlytruth in this.

Onlytruth:
As for the Calabar airport, I give thanks to[b] FACE[/b] for his curt and credible answer. I love Calabar, so no shaking. When they let it operate as a true international airport, I would fly directly into it. cool
My last experience at the Port Harcourt airport was awful.

Credible answer? Maybe I should not have used the word DIRECTLY from Atlanta but you can fly from Atlanta to Calabar, and people have thousands have done it. I happen to have booked such a flight twice Flying out from Atlanta to arrive in Calabar.  But I guess that won't matter to you until Calabar is exactly what you need it to be instead.

Onlytruth:

My other argument is that if other two major tribes (Igbo peers in Nigeria -Yoruba and Hausa) have international airports in their lands, why not Igbo? What is wrong about having an international airport in Igboland?
For the umpteenth time (not that kobojunkie is interested in truth undecided), having an international airport in Igboland would enable enterprising Igbos like myself to create big businesses in the east and employ people which would decrease emigration from Igboland.

The same argument was used for Tinapa. How has that worked out for IboLand? How has your  many enterprising Ibos used Tinapa? Their are so many opportunities for your so-called enterprising ibos to take advantage of with Tinapa right there on the eastern shores, yet only a handful have come in to take advantage of it. Billons of Naira later, how are those enterprising IBos creating Big businesses in the end and employing people?

The Airport in Calabar offers prime serves any enterprising mind in the area can take advantage of .

Margaret Ekpo International Airport - Calabar
Until recently the airport was known as Calabar Airport, the Airport handles the influx of passengers on visit to Canaan City as well the new tourist haven in Nigeria. The Airport has been of great help to the tourism drive of the Cross River State Government, the recent upgrading of facilities and new Terminal Building are evidence of the partnership in making the airport one of the best airports.

Investment Opportunities

Duty Free Shops
Holiday Inns/Resort Centers
Cargo Complex/Ware Housing
Fish/Agric Farm
Data Base And Cyber Cafes
Cargo  Management
Housing Estate/ Amusement Park
Airport Advertisement
Car Pack Development And Management
Tourist Attractions
Surface/Ground Transportation

How many enterprising people are taking advantage of any of it? 

Onlytruth:

I don't for once buy the myth that Igboland is overcrowded or too dense. That is one of the biggest lies of Nigeria.
If you don't stop marginalizing Igbo in Nigeria, the country won't last long. Period.

Who created this myth for you?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by FACE(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2010
Credible answer? Maybe I should not have used the word DIRECTLY from Atlanta but you can fly from Atlanta to Calabar, and people have thousands have done it. I happen to have booked such a flight twice Flying out from Atlanta to arrive in Calabar.  But I guess that won't matter to you until Calabar is exactly what you need it to be instead.

Why don't you like conceding simple points ?

No airline goes to Calabar from outside Africa without first landing in Abuja, PH, Kano or Lagos before tranferring you to their domestic flight to Calabar.

No foreign airline would fly you to Calabar by touching down elsewhere outside Nigeria, unless they were airlines from Garbon and Equitorial Guinea and Cameroon and there have been no flights from those countries since God knows when.

I put it to you now that if you had any connecting flight to Calabar from Atlanta, you first landed in Nigeria and your onward flight to Calabar was not the same airline unless it was Arik (do they go to ATL ?) Belview (do they go to ATL ?) or Virgin Nigeria (do they still fly International ?)

Ofcourse you can fly to Calabar from anywhere, same as I fly from London to Owerri by connecting at Lagos (same carrier - Arik) or Via Abuja (two different carriers), but that was not your initial stand point.

Next time you go to FAA website to "quote" investment opportunies, remember to say that you got that quote from there and that they have nearly the same information with few additions and subtractions as regards investment opportunies for all their airports. Beware of Google !
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2010
@kobojunkie

Dude or babe or whatever undecided, I'm starting to lose my cool with you again. Why can't you just say the simple truth?
So, you expect a businessman or woman who flies to Japan, China, India, USA, and Europe and Dubai to use Calabar, and then connect many times through un-safe and hostile African countries to accomplish something he can do cheaper and directly by using Lagos or Abjua or even Kano airports?

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN TRUTH AT ALL?

Na wa o for this character. sad angry

I'm sure you've never heard that Tinapa is being gradually undermined because of lack of a true international airport.
Personally, I would fly into Calabar anytime I won't have to land in a silly African airport where they steal my luggage or a rickety aeroplane throws me into the Atlantic or bushy mountains all over Africa.

Answer my question: What is wrong about having a truly international airport in Igboland, when there is one in Yorubaland and Hausaland?

I can't fight for Calabar because I could be misunderstood. My people say that "a native doctor that claims a cure for cholera must first demonstrate a cure for himself first, else others would be suspicious of his true intentions."

If you continue in this your line of open dishonesty, I would start abusing you soon.
Meanwhile answer my question first.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 4:29pm On May 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

I get you, I just don't have to agree with you. Your them against us mentality will work against your aspirations. The best business deal is the one in which all parties walk away happy. You can either try to work with others in the realisation of a common goal or you continue to blow hot air without actualising anything. You continue to pontificate that Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha enriching themselves is equal to Westerners and Northerners being wealthy. As Igbo people are being marginalised, are Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Tiv, etc people not being marginalised?

Which rational person does not want his father's land to be developed? As you agitate for development, I join in that agitation but not just for the East but for the whole of Nigeria. What is the point of being a Nigerian and not being able to visit other parts of Nigeria (I am referring to incidents of accidents in both Road and Air travel). I haven't been to the East since my secondary school days to see old friends because of safety concerns.
It is also for the benefit of Lagosians that International airports exist in other parts of Nigeria. I doubt New Yorkers would be happy if JFK was the only airport on the East coast.

You don't understand me my friend. undecided It's okay to occasionally accept that someone might be operating at a slightly higher plane than you. We are not all created equal.

You advise me to work with others to achieve my aims, but when I take my position on presidential candidates for next year, you become befuddled again.

You are a very dishonest person because your claims (by implication) that all parts of Nigeria is "equally marginalized" is a big fat lie. It is like saying that all sicknesses are the same -malaria, headache, cancer, AIDS etc. Okay suffer from AIDS na?  undecidedSince all of them are diseases.

I've asked you before, if you a Yoruba can live in Yorubaland, why not me an Igbo living in Igboland You went about talking things you cannot possibly understand.

You admitted that you are afraid of traveling to the east because of safety concerns, so why is that? I thought you said all parts of Nigeria are equally marginalized. I know you'd come up with other explanations as to why Igboland is unsafe, I'll give you the simplest and most honest explanation: it is an economically and logistically strangulated region. Now try your numerous lies again.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 4:35pm On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Onlytruth, Only last year, you whined that because no Ibo has been made president in Nigeria, Ibo land cannot be expected by anyone to develop more than it has and so is  reason why life remains unchanged in most areas for decades. Now you have a president, how is Ibo land doing? 

Wow! Am I the only person who is seeing double here? How on earth is Goodluck Jonathan an Igbo?
Please someone help me on this 
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

@kobojunkie
Dude or babe or whatever undecided, I'm starting to lose my cool with you again. Why can't you just say the simple truth?
So, you expect a businessman or woman who flies to Japan, China, India, USA, and Europe and Dubai to use Calabar, and then connect many times through un-safe and hostile African countries to accomplish something he can do cheaper and directly by using Lagos or Abjua or even Kano airports?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN TRUTH AT ALL? ??
Na wa o for this character. sad angry
Interesting logic! Now, connecting flights are now to be considered the issue here, and reason why Iboland is still not developed even so many decades after conflict? So even with international Airports in the area, there can be no development because, according to you, these international airports are not ‘TRUE’ international Airports and the number of connecting flights to major destinations around the world, which averages about 3 to 4, is bad on businesses?

So, let‘s look at this for a minute. Having 3 or 4 connecting flights have not stopped these same businessmen on their flights to Nigeria, but one extra connection is just too much more than they can bare. Connecting flights have not stopped people, and businessmen from flying across America, and out of America to European or African destinations but it is the STUMBLING BLOCK for development in Iboland? Connecting flights are an obstacle for businesspersons flying out of Calabar or Akwa Ibom to international destinations but they have not been similar obstacles for businesspersons with the same average of three or four stopovers, on their way to places like China, Japan, London flying out of US airports? Chai!!!
By the way, what truths are you insinuating are being ignored? That connecting flights have helped hamper/ruin iboland? Or that there is no way businesses can survive if ‘True’ international airports are not situated right in their backyards?

Onlytruth:

I'm sure you've never heard that Tinapa is being gradually undermined because of lack of a true international airport.
Personally, I would fly into Calabar anytime I won't have to land in a silly African airport where they steal my luggage or a rickety aeroplane throws me into the Atlantic or bushy mountains all over Africa.
ROFLMAO!!!!

Ewoooo!!!!

Tinapa is now being UNDERMINED by the non-existence of a ‘TRUE’ international airport? Do you know what Tinapa is? Have you been to the place to see what could really be upsetting the project? Do you know how many international firms were in Tinapa in the beginning and have had to pull out since then for reasons definitely not ‘true’ international airport related? Most all of the businesses down there are waiting to connect with your enterprising lot yet barely anyone shows up to take advantage of the few international businesses left there yet you are bold enough to claim that an airport, wait, a ‘true’ international airport is reason why Tinapa is currently not being explored by Ibolands many businesses?

KAI!! Nigerians!
Onlytruth:

Answer my question: What is wrong about having a truly international airport in Igboland, when there is one in Yorubaland and Hausaland?
Well, Can you suggest you go back to business school, if you already been there to learn why businesses are set up where they are. You have an UNDERUSED international airport in Calabar, a BARELY used airport in Owerri, and a $3 Billion dollar airport in Akwa Ibom which is now operational, and a free trade zone in the same area and you feel spending billions more is what will solve the problems of the people?

Onlytruth:
I can't fight for Calabar because I could be misunderstood. My people say that "a native doctor that claims a cure for cholera must first demonstrate a cure for himself first, else others would be suspicious of his true intentions."

If you continue in this your line of open dishonesty, I would start abusing you soon.
Meanwhile answer my question first.
I am the dishonest one here? ROFLMAO!!! Dude, you are unbelievable!!!

No, no need to reduce yourself to another certified nairaland im-becile now, keep the irrationals excuses coming! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 5:04pm On May 18, 2010
^ See im name now- Goodluck Jonathan- thats a bonafide igbo name grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Interesting!! So now, connection flights are a NO NO and reason why Iboland cannot develop even with the international Airport? So, let me get this right. Having 3 or 4 connection flights have not stopped these same businessmen on their flights to Nigeria. Heck, it has not stopped people from flying across America, and out of America to European or African destinations but it is the STUMBLING BLOCK for development in Iboland? Chai!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!

Ewoooo!!!! 

Tinapa is now being UNDERMINED by the non-existence of a ‘TRUE’ international airport? Do you know what Tinapa is? Have you been to the place to see what could really be upsetting the project? Do you know how many international firms were in Tinapa in the beginning and have had to pull out since then for reasons definitely not ‘true’ international airport related?  Most all of the businesses down there are waiting to connect with your enterprising lot yet barely anyone shows up to take advantage of the few international businesses left there yet you are bold enough to claim that an airport,  wait, a ‘true’ international airport is reason why Tinapa is currently not being explored by Ibolands many businesses?

KAI!! Nigerians! Well, Can you suggest you go back to business school, if you already been there to learn why businesses are set up where they are. You have an UNDERUSED international airport in Calabar, a BARELY used airport in Owerri, and a $3 Billion dollar airport in Akwa Ibom which is now operational, and a free trade zone in the same area and you feel spending billions more is what will solve the problems of the people?
I am the dishonest one here? ROFLMAO!!! Dude, you are unbelievable!!!

No, no need to reduce yourself to another certified nairaland im-becile now, keep the irrationals excuses coming! ROFLMAO!!

Look here you hermaphrodite goat, I'm tired of your idiotic lies. cool
I know you are a paid agent of lies, but try to be believable sometimes.

Ignored forthwith.

To the rest of readers interested in facts:

If Yorubaland and Hausaland both have international airports, why is one denied Igboland?

Why can't I land directly from Europe and America into Igboland? Why must I land in Lagos or Abuja, and then risk local flights or armed robbers on the road to get to Igboland?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ignored forthwith.

ROFLMAO!!! Classic! Who said you had to be Yoruba to be act like a typical Agbero? ROFLMAO!!

Again, what lie has been told? Aren’t there Airport, international Airports in the Eastern block of the country? Well, let us see  . . .

• Margaret Ekpo International  in Calabar
• Port Harcourt International  in PortHarcourt
• Akanu Ibiam International in Enugu
• Akwa Ibom international

I know of at least two functioning international airports, not too far from Tinapa by the way. Portharcourt, Margaret Ekpo and Akwa Ibom are no where close to capacity when it comes to use so I am not sure where you get your claim that these airports are NOT ENOUGH.

Sam Mbakwe Airport  is an example of one of the underused airports in the area. Asaba, I believe is getting one soon and, I also believe I  read somewhere that Anambra will be getting one too. So, what idiotic lies are you referring to? 

Let me guess, it is too easy to claim every truth that does not agree with your mentality there is a lie? Lol

Why can't I land diirectly in China, or Japan from America? Why do Americans have to deal with 3 to 4 stopovers on their way to places like Russia, Japan, or even China? ROFLMAO~!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ignored forthwith.

To the rest of readers interested in facts:

If Yorubaland and Hausaland both have international airports, why is one denied Igboland?

Why can't I land directly from Europe and America into Igboland? Why must I land in Lagos or Abuja, and then risk local flights or armed robbers on the road to get to Igboland?

Hahaha, ignoring her will save a lot of tylenol for you.
I did that long ago because of her disjointed, warped, biased, incoherent, and fallacious argument.

She’s someone that starts an argument knowing the end and tries to force you to believe her position either by hook or by crook despite clear facts presented to her to prove her wrong.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 6:05pm On May 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

You don't understand me my friend. undecided It's okay to occasionally accept that someone might be operating at a slightly higher plane than you. We are not all created equal.

You advise me to work with others to achieve my aims, but when I take my position on presidential candidates for next year, you become befuddled again.

You are a very dishonest person because your claims (by implication) that all parts of Nigeria is "equally marginalized" is a big fat lie. It is like saying that all sicknesses are the same -malaria, headache, cancer, AIDS etc. Okay suffer from AIDS na?  undecidedSince all of them are diseases.

I've asked you before, if you a Yoruba can live in Yorubaland, why not me an Igbo living in Igboland You went about talking things you cannot possibly understand.

You admitted that you are afraid of traveling to the east because of safety concerns, so why is that? I thought you said all parts of Nigeria are equally marginalized. I know you'd come up with other explanations as to why Igboland is unsafe, I'll give you the simplest and most honest explanation: it is an economically and logistically strangulated region. Now try your numerous lies again.

1. I am not here to exalt myself; I am only here to discourse and improve my knowledge. If you think you are operating on a higher plane, I say congratulations to you.
2. Another twisted logic from. It is widely accepted that average Nigerians are marginalised in the grand scheme of things. If you think its only Igbo people who are marginalised because there is no airport or other infrastructure, then you are wrong.
3. Don't Igbo people live in Igboland just as Yoruba people live in Yorubaland?
4. Why is it impossible for you to read properly? Did you miss the part where I stated that I can't travel because of travelling safety?

I will ignore you from now since you continue to prove that having a debate with you is akin to one banging one's head on a wall except when you attempt to distort facts.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 7:07pm On May 18, 2010
So, as I was saying before a band of  trained liars tried to derail me, how can anyone in his right senses marginalize the most enterprising and business minded Nigerians and expect the country to remain intact?

How can there be an international airport in Yorubaland and Hausaland but none in Igboland?

Am I not entitled to support any presidential candidate who can deliver that and other things to my people?

Ndigbo, please think carefully.

This is really about our survival as a people.

If none of the PDP candidates can deliver those for us, we must NOT vote for PDP.

In fact, I say we vote for APGA ONLY and then negotiate at the center with our block votes using representatives who actually represent us, instead of thieves who are in the pockets of our oppressors in Nigeria.

Next year is crucial. I say we vote APGA ONLY. cool

And woe betide them if they try to rig again. angry
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On May 18, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!! [/size] grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2010
Ndigbo, please think carefully.

This is really about our survival as a people.

If none of the PDP candidates can deliver those for us, we must NOT vote for PDP.

In fact, I say we vote for APGA ONLY and then negotiate at the center with our block votes using representatives who actually represent us, instead of thieves who are in the pockets of our oppressors in Nigeria.

Next year is crucial. I say we vote APGA ONLY.

And woe betide them if they try to rig again. angry
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 10:12pm On May 18, 2010
Goodluck jonathan igbo?

Well you hear news everyday.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! Classic! Who said you had to be Yoruba to be act like a typical Agbero? ROFLMAO!!

Again, what lie has been told? Aren’t there Airport, international Airports in the Eastern block of the country? Well, let us see  . . .

• Margaret Ekpo International  in Calabar
• Port Harcourt International  in PortHarcourt
• Akanu Ibiam International in Enugu
• Akwa Ibom international

I know of at least two functioning international airports, not too far from Tinapa by the way. Portharcourt, Margaret Ekpo and Akwa Ibom are no where close to capacity when it comes to use so I am not sure where you get your claim that these airports are NOT ENOUGH.

Sam Mbakwe Airport  is an example of one of the underused airports in the area. Asaba, I believe is getting one soon and, I also believe I  read somewhere that Anambra will be getting one too. So, what idiotic lies are you referring to? 

Let me guess, it is too easy to claim every truth that does not agree with your mentality there is a lie? Lol

Why can't I land diirectly in China, or Japan from America? Why do Americans have to deal with 3 to 4 stopovers on their way to places like Russia, Japan, or even China? ROFLMAO~!!

Is it a must that you are obnoxious? What is your argument about, that commercial hubs like Onitsha should not have working nearby International Airports? Are you aware that non of the airports that you have listed have never been upgraded/maintained/renovated to serve as a working International Airports? What solid stance do you have that you believe you can be so arrogant?

The fact that a supposed Nigerian states that Calabar is in Igboland or that Goodluck Jonathan is Igbo should already indicate the persons knowledge, or lack of in the topic they think they know. Shameless.

@ All. An airport is needed in the East. Port Harcourt is not good enough, Akanu Ibiam International Airport should be upgraded. Again, saying this the people who come from there don't seem to care enough to make a move so who will care? That's their business. My conclusion for this post is that if the Igbo people really want their land developed they will develop it, whether it is by pressure on the government or to do things they can do themselves, until then these discussions are useless and redundant.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On May 19, 2010
There are airports, all of them currently functioning, and being used daily by individuals and business both in the area and abroad. But your Issue is that they have not been renovated/maintained/painted the very specific color you need them to be painted yet? Do the few who continue to use these facilities have EIGHT heads? Are they definitely non-ibos because they use the same facilities which you claim is in the way of your personal development?

By the way, I love the way you folks like to move the mark. When you refer to yoruba's do you do the same? For your knowledge, all EASTERNERS are generally known as IBOs, same way all Westerners are generally referred to as Yorubas and all Northerners are generally referred to as Hausas.

I am not your problem, apparently, the reasoning on this continues to clash with reality. So there is no need to start thinking I am part of your problem there. I am not sure why you continue to hack at yourselves still to make  no reasonable point to prove your claim that the hinderances to development in all of Iboland has anything to do with EXTERNAL factors.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

There are airports, all of them currently functioning, and being used daily by individuals and business both in the area and abroad.  But your Issue is that they have not been renovated/maintained/painted the very specific color you need them to be painted yet? Do the few who continue to use these facilities have EIGHT heads? Are they definitely non-ibos because they use the same facilities which you claim is in the way of your personal development?

Please tell me how I can get a direct flight from <<insert Western country>> to Akanu Ibiam, I would be very happy if you could, honestly.

Kobojunkie:

By the way, I love the way you folks like to move the mark. When you refer to yoruba's do you do the same? For your knowledge, all EASTERNERS are generally known as IBOs, same way all Westerners are generally referred to as Yorubas and all Northerners are generally referred to as Hausas.

When referring to the Yoruba you don't mention Benin city, just like when you're referring to the Igbo you don't reference Calabar, you made an error. Anyway this is not important in this instant, and besides it was a small point to note for anyone who starts to actually believe Calabar is in Igboland.

Kobojunkie:

I am not your problem, apparently, the reasoning on this continues to clash with reality. So there is no need to start thinking I am part of your problem there. I am not sure why you continue to hack at yourselves still to make  no reasonable point to prove your claim that the hinderances to development in all of Iboland has anything to do with EXTERNAL factors.

Where are you picking up external influences, I'm confused, what has this got to do with my point that an International Airport is needed to serve the major commercial city of Onitsha and local cities? I'd like that quote from my post where I mention anywhere else in Nigeria apart from the 'East' bold and underlined please. My post has nothing to do with your crusade.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On May 19, 2010
ezeagu:

Please tell me how I can get a direct flight from <<insert Western country>> to Akanu Ibiam, I would be very happy if you could, honestly.
Please tell me how I can get a direct flight from Los Angeles to <<insert European or Asian country here>>, I would be happy if you could, honestly.
ezeagu:

When referring to the Yoruba you don't mention Benin city, just like when you're referring to the Igbo you don't reference Calabar, you made an error. Anyway this is not important in this instant, and besides it was a small point to note for anyone who starts to actually believe Calabar is in Igboland.
Again, People in the Eastern parts of Nigerian are generally referred to as Ibos. People from the western states in Nigeria are generally referred to as Yorubas and people from the Northern states are generally referred to as Hausas. Unless you are going rewrite all of our history and knowledge right here and now, I suggest you get over yourself!
ezeagu:

Where are you picking up external influences, I'm confused, what has this got to do with my point that an International Airport is needed to serve the major commercial city of Onitsha and local cities? I'd like that quote from my post where I mention anywhere else in Nigeria apart from the 'East' bold and underlined please. My post has nothing to do with your crusade.
But you made absolutely no point in this. You jumped in the middle /end of a conversation without thinking to take time to understand where the conversation came from or where it went. And you are convinced I am the one to make things clear for you? Please go back, read where the EXTERNAL INFLUENCES came in, and then come back and make whatever point it is you are trying to make.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please tell me how I can get a direct flight from Los Angeles to <<insert European or Asian country here>>, I would be happy if you could, honestly.

Consult Travelocity and they'll direct you to a non-stop flight with Air China from LAX to Beijing. By the way what was your point?

Kobojunkie:

Again, People in the Eastern parts of Nigerian are generally referred to as Ibos. People from the western states in Nigeria are generally referred to as Yorubas and people from the Northern states are generally referred to as Hausas. Unless you are going rewrite all of our history and knowledge right here and now, I suggest you get over yourself!

It worries me that someone would support follow a wrong model than admit that their wrong, again this is the person arguing for no reason against an international airport for a commercial hub of a country. Sometimes you have to take your own advise.

Kobojunkie:

But you made absolutely no point in this. You jumped in the middle /end of a conversation without thinking to take time to understand where the conversation came from or where it went.  And you are convinced I am the one to make things clear for you? Please go back, read where the EXTERNAL INFLUENCES came in, and then come back and make whatever point it is you are trying to make.

Than you! I didn't make that point. Walking in the middle/end of a conversation you say? Wait, when did you enter this thread and when did I? I've disassociated myself from whatever previous conversation you were having and challenged you on a section of your points with which you were trying to insinuate Akanu Ibiam Airport is 'good enough' for the east. If you're secure in your stuff you would address that instead of pointing at what someone else said, or is this not an open forum?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On May 19, 2010
ezeagu:

Consult Travelocity and they'll direct you to a non-stop flight with Air China from LAX to Beijing. By the way what was your point?
Funny, I didn’t find a single NON-Stop flight EITHER way, using both Travelocity, Orbitz or even Air China Website. Can you please inform me of the exact flight number I should probably be searching for here?
If you do not know what the point is, then stop arguing blindly please!
ezeagu:

It worries me that someone would support follow a wrong model than admit that their wrong, again this is the person arguing for no reason against an international airport for a commercial hub of a country. Sometimes you have to take your own advise.
Arrghh!!!! And again the dishonest debating kicks in. So, now the model is WRONG? Brilliant!
ezeagu:

Than you! I didn't make that point. Walking in the middle/end of a conversation you say? Wait, when did you enter this thread and when did I? I've disassociated myself from whatever previous conversation you were having and challenged you on a section of your points with which you were trying to insinuate Akanu Ibiam Airport is 'good enough' for the east. If you're secure in your stuff you would address that instead of pointing at what someone else said, or is this not an open forum?
Disassociated yourself from whatever PREVIOUS conversation I was having, yet you feel right in challenging my response which was made in the context of the said PREVIOUS conversation? IWOW!!
You admit you have no clue what the conversation was about, and when asked to at least read through to get a clue, you suggest I am insecure in my stuff?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bkbabe97: 8:18pm On May 19, 2010
After reading this post ova and ova again, I kinda relate to what the Ibos on here are biyytching about cus we Brooklynites are facing the same marginalization here in the so-called bastion of democracy. How come we aint got no airport in BK, huh?!?!? Why we gotta go all the way to JFK  or La Guardia to catch a plane? We aint even got a landing strip for a freakn cessna, to talk less of an International airport! This is b.s and I think I support my Ibo brothers in their plans to secede!!! Why cant I hop on a plane in Atl and have it drop me off right in front my crib, huh? What is up wit that? Oh man, I'm boiling wit Biafran rage right now. . . .

P.S: Maybe next time yall shouldnt forment troubles yall cant finish (i.e handing ova civilian govts to the military, coups, wars ect - - - they affect future generations. Nobody will trust u! Your wise Ojukwu aint see that?); then the victors wont be on some "Hey, u think if we allow these folks to have standard airports, u think they wont start thinking of importing arms and ammunitions for round two of the civil war?"  Ask the South how long it took them when they decided to split from the Union . j/k, no need to pull out the guns folks!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On May 19, 2010
bk/babe97:

After reading this post ova and ova again, I kinda relate to what the Ibos on here are biyytching about cus we Brooklynites are facing the same marginalization here in the so-called bastion of democracy. How come we aint got no airport in BK, huh?!?!? Why we gotta go all the way to JFK or La Guardia to catch a plane? We aint even got a landing strip for a freakn cessna, to talk less of an International airport! This is b.s and I think I support my Ibo brothers in their plans to secede!!! Why cant I hop on a plane in Atl and have it drop me off right in front my crib, huh? What is up wit that? Oh man, I'm boiling wit Biafran rage right now. . . .

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size] grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 8:26pm On May 19, 2010
I am not sure I get this argument about airports. There are three International airports in the East; more than any other region.
Ezeagu
Are you arguing for an additional airport in the East OR for the eastern Airports to be refurbished/upgraded? The choice of flights at an airport are the result of two questions
1. Does the Airport have the infrastructure and facilities to accommodate international flights? If the airports in the east lack the infrastructure, then I support your argument.But we know that international flights land at PH, Calabar.
2. Economic viability - If the infrastructure is there, then the determining factor is demand for flights. Only easterners can increase demand. If demand increases for flights to the East, then airlines will fly more routes to the East. But I suspect that airlines may not want to cannibalize existing routes. Airlines may not want to fly multiple cities in a country if the demand is not high enough. For instance, If 1000 fly directly from london to Lagos and Abuja each week. If they decide to fly to Enugu as well, then they have increased costs without necessarily increasing revenue. They can however drop one of the other major routes (Lagos or Abuja) if there are more people bent on flying to Enugu but that is dependent on the Eastern governments providing other amenities such as Safety, good hotels for airline staff, access to parts and labour to fix airplanes, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Agony On Shagamu-ogijo mosinmi-ikorodu Road / PHOTOS: Lai Mohammed And Ambode Inspect National Arts Theatre Iganmu / El-rufai Spent 3 Days In Abuja Lobbying To Accompany Buhari To Japan – Shehu San

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.