Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21051 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 12:42am On May 20, 2010
ok so what ethnic group do akwa ibomites belong to?  
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 12:44am On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie, I see u like to argue for the sake of arguments.

Tagging some airport "International" is one thing but directing international flights in and out of it is another.

My family will love to land in Enugu but can't because its not offered. PH, Calabar, Owerri are in the same situation.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 12:45am On May 20, 2010
udezue:

Ofcourse anything pass Ore is Igbo to Sleezy and the rest of em alaye boys. Painfully ignorant. Since when did Efik-Ibibio of Akwaibom become Igbo? They are closely related and similar but still distinct people.

you are a goat - alot of people in the west kno the difference we just think its funnier to call everyone igbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 12:46am On May 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

you too do your own research  those regions and states you named dont all call themselves igbo and just because you have some igbo roots doesnt make you igbo.

Can u please quote me where I ever said any non Igbo group in the Eastern region is Igbo or do you just like to pull shyt out of ur a$$ just for the hell of it? SMH
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 12:47am On May 20, 2010
oyinda.:

ok so what ethnic group do akwa ibomites belong to?  

Efik-ibibio mostly. They are a mixture of ethnic groups but the dominant ones are the Efiks

udezue:

Tagging some airport is one thing but directing international flights in and out of it is another.

My family will love to land in Enugu but can't because its not offered. PH, Calabar, Owerri are in the same situation.

Una no dey hear? Do you know how much it would cost to set up an international airport? Do you think it has to do with the naija governement? If your leaders decide to have an international airport, I doubt anyone would stop them lol.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chiogo(f): 12:49am On May 20, 2010
SEFAGO:

You dont just recognize an airport as international chiogo- you need to create facilities that can make it an international airport. International plane flights require a lot of facilities and man power that cost money. Even murtala muhammad does not have sufficient facilities b4 you make another airport in the east. Dont forget that its not just incoming flights but outgoing one- now the US has to worry about some south-east/south-south terrorist from MEND  grin
And what did I say about renovating the existing ones?
Either way you wanna put it, they're of low standard. Murtala Muhammed may not have sufficient facilities but it sure has more than these ones in the East.

udezue:

Igbos in Delta make up about 40% of the native population of Delta state.
So, it's not a low percentage. The Igbos are still a minority. Anything less than 50% = minority.

I'm not sure about that Percentage for Rivers State. But whatever.

Even Anambra has 2% Igala(?) people but 98% people of Igbo origin.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On May 20, 2010
udezue:

Tagging some airport is one thing but directing international flights in and out of it is another.
Ugh!! Are you sure I am the one doing that right now? I did not name or tag those airports. They actually have those tags in their names.

This is simply business, you know? Think about it.

A BA plane from Heathrow flies to Nigeria with 300 passengers. 3 of those passengers are headed for Enugu, and checking up with Enugu Airport, BA discovers there are no passengers at that end waiting to be flown out to London, but BA is sure to pick up at least 100 passengers from Lagos. What airport do you think BA will fly to?

Think of Owerri. It was funded by the people and it not even close to half capacity to date. How do you expect it to then start servicing international flights when it is barely making the domestics each year with average of 300,000 passengers?

udezue:

My Family would also love to land in my village but can not do that currently because it is not offered, your point?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 12:50am On May 20, 2010
Oyinda,
I'm confused. Aren't you Igbo from Ikwerre-Eche Rivers? I'm assuming coz of your name Oyinda.

BTW!! Majority of Akwaibom and Cross rivers people are Efik-Ibibio-Oron-Annang-Ogoja-Ekoi but there are minority native population of Igbo and even Ijo people there too.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 12:53am On May 20, 2010
udezue:

Can u please quote me where I ever said any non Igbo group in the Eastern region is Igbo or do you just like to pull shyt out of your a$$ just for the hell of it? SMH

are you dumb im talking the so called "edo igbo" or what ever nonsense you said.

SEFAGO:

Efik-ibibio mostly. They are a mixture of ethnic groups but the dominant ones are the Efiks
Una no dey hear? Do you know how much it would cost to set up an international airport? Do you think it has to do with the naija governement? If your leaders decide to have an international airport, I doubt anyone would stop them lol.

abi o see Lagos will soon have two international airports- one owned by the FED govt and the other state owned.

No one is stopping anyone from constructing an international airport-

Kobojunkie:

My Family would also love to land in my village but can not do that currently because it is not offered, your point?

tank you I have some paddies who have weddings all around Nigeria but they dont have an airport in their villages so i cant go.- what is uduezes point?

every village should have an airport
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chiogo(f): 12:58am On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

To That I ask again, can you PROVE that the States you choose to classify as eastern states can supply ENOUGH business for the airports to become full-fledged international airports? Akanu Ibiam currently has the word INTERNATIONAL tagged on to it's name. What do you think will help make it a BONAFIDE international airport for you?
I can not answer your first question. 1) I can't prove it. 2) If I attempted to, I'd have to bring up the issue of the airports in the north. So, forget it.
And where's Akanu Ibiam? Oh, don't answer that. This is just going back and forth.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 12:58am On May 20, 2010
Chiogo,
If 40% in your world is automatically minority then Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa are then minorities in Nigeria coz non can boast of being 40% of Nigeria's population.

Delta state has native Urhobo (Isoko), Ijo, Itsekiri, and Igbo.
Delta state Igbos occupy the Northern part of Delta state while the non Igbos dominate the Southern part.

Urhobo and Igbo in Delta are basically the big majorities in Delta while the rest of em are minority.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 12:59am On May 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

tank you I have some paddies who have weddings all around Nigeria but they dont have an airport in their villages so i cant go.- what is uduezes point?

every village should have an airport
Too much palmwine in your veins  
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On May 20, 2010
Akanu Ibiam international is in Enugu State!

Let me rephrase it all for you then @Chiogo. If the Anambra state government where to announce today that it would invest $600 Million (DOLLARS) into Outfitting Akanu Ibiam International so it is not just up to standard but can handle about 2.5 million people. Would you, knowing what you know of Air in the country be willing to have tax payer money invested in such a project?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 1:00am On May 20, 2010
Anambra state needs an airport- asaba needs a state I love those people.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 1:01am On May 20, 2010
So, it's not a low percentage. The Igbos are still a minority. Anything less than 50% = minority.

lolz, I think its the highest percentage not the 50%. I might be wrong  grin grin I am not usually wrong though

And what did I say about renovating the existing ones?
Either way you wanna put it, they're of low standard. Murtala Muhammed may not have sufficient facilities but it sure has more than these ones in the East.

LOLz, what I am saying is that an international airport requires to reach a certain standard. MM is an international airport because it meets the requirements for one. Of course it must have better facilities than the one in the east. You want Airfrance or BA or Delta to be landing in shitty airports?

international airports cost money. And for a small country like Nigeria, I think we have more than enough. Please go and find out how many international airports some countries have before you start bickering
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 1:06am On May 20, 2010
SLEEZY,
I can see you either like to put words into people's mouths or you are simply too much of a dunce to read and understand simple English. Sorry I am not fluent in Yoruba hence I can't break it down for u in your local dialect. Pele.

For the last time kid, there are minority native population of Igbos in Edo state and they are known as the IGBANKE. They are Ika. They even have groups on facebook where discussions such as them joining their kit and kin in Delta state are presently being discussed.

I know at least one Igbanke chap in Houston.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 1:07am On May 20, 2010
udezue:

Oyinda,
I'm confused. Aren't you Igbo from Ikwerre-Eche Rivers? I'm assuming coz of your name Oyinda.

haha rotflmao so what does oyinda translate to in igbo? i wanna kno  cheesy

anyways, i have my question mostly answered.
oh one more. these efik-ibibio people and other minority groups, were they also part of biafra during the war? is biafra igbo only?   or are cross-river, akwa-ibom and rivers state among?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nenum(m): 1:09am On May 20, 2010
is asaba not suppose to be IBB's personal air route to minna.

i need to re-visit my history root.

old bendel state
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 1:12am On May 20, 2010
oyinda.:

haha rotflmao so what does oyinda translate to in igbo? i wanna kno  cheesy

anyways, i have my question mostly answered.
oh one more. these efik-ibibio people and other minority groups, were they also part of biafra during the war? is biafra igbo only?   or are cross-river, akwa-ibom and rivers state among?

They were fully part of biafra, but the SS people of the ND were more on the fence but they aided the biafrans in food and kind
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 1:14am On May 20, 2010
I was once new ababe named Oyinda she was sweeeet ahhh if you see her yansh and shape you go die.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 1:17am On May 20, 2010
SEFAGO:

They were fully part of biafra, but the SS people of the ND were more on the fence but they aided the biafrans in food and kind

hmm so biafra is not igbo only then?
didn't know that.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nenum(m): 1:17am On May 20, 2010
1970: then Col OBJ now Gen OBJ.

let's ask him how it all ended and what part of NIGERIA was involved
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chiogo(f): 1:22am On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Akanu Ibiam international is in Enugu State!

Let me rephrase it all for you then @Chiogo. If the Anambra state government where to announce today that it would invest $600 Million (DOLLARS) into Outfitting Akanu Ibiam International so it is not just up to standard but can handle about 2.5 million people. Would you, knowing what you know of Air in the country be willing to have tax payer money invested in such a project?
$600 m?? Not sure how likely that is to happen.
I'll say there are bigger problems facing the country as a whole. An enhanced airport would be good too but not the priority at the moment. Just something they should start thinking about.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 1:22am On May 20, 2010
Sleezy,
I am from Anambra state not Enugu tho I was born and raised there and not once have I demanded an airport in Anambra state. The new Airport in Asaba and Enugu are good enough.

Most of my Aro family from Abia state migrated to Anambra state.

My point is that the Eastern region and Igbo land deserves to have a real International Airport to facilitate better economic development and growth. You are either silly, ignorant or full of rabid hate towards anything pass Ore to feel that a section of your country does not deserve the same thing you are getting. Why must we drive 7 hours risking death, accidents, armed robberies just to board an international flight through Lagos, Abuja, Kano when we have big cities with Airports that can serve the same purpose? Why must we pay to board a domestic flight in Enugu, Calabar just to land in Lagos, or Abuja and then pay for international flight? For once remove the hate and try to be fair. Geez.

Tinapa in Calabar will benefit so much if there is even one real International Airport in the East. How many foreign tourists will want to land in Abuja, kano, or Lagos and risk death, molestation, robberies on Nigeria's dangerous highways just to visit Tinapa? If this is  not a deliberate attempt to strangle the Eastern region economically then I don't know what it is.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On May 20, 2010
chiogo:

$600 m?? Not sure how likely that is to happen.
I'll say there are bigger problems facing the country as a whole. An enhanced airport would be good too but not the priority at the moment. Just something they should start thinking about.

But lets assume the government had the money. Considering we are talking of a business here where you expect measurable amount in returns for the money you invest. Would you, knowing what you know of the situation with revenue generation in surrounding Airports, encourage your government to make the investment?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 1:26am On May 20, 2010
lol Oh ok Oyinda.

In Igbo it will mean "Friend of the Father"

Oyinna / Oyinda
Eyinna / Enyinnaya

Your name seems like an Ikwerre name hence I had to ask.

Biafra is more than just Igbo people.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 1:27am On May 20, 2010
Oyinda if you are bored:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,838606,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,878714,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844240,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,838607,00.html

Dont let these igbo scammers fool you. Most of them debate biafra from an emotional point of view. I deal with pragmatism. Most igbo people on NL see themselves as the victim, not as a complementary tone in the bitter music of Nigeria.

Yakubu Gowon handled the biafran situation brilliantly. No one could have done better. If Biafra had left Nigeria, it would have had significant effects on Africa.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 1:33am On May 20, 2010
SEFAGO:

Oyinda if you are bored:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,838606,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,878714,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844240,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,838607,00.html

Dont let these igbo scammers fool you. Most of them debate biafra from an emotional point of view. I deal with pragmatism. Most igbo people on NL see themselves as the victim, not as a complementary tone in the bitter music of Nigeria.

Yakubu Gowon handled the biafran situation brilliantly. No one could have done better. If Biafra had left Nigeria, it would have had significant effects on Africa.

Yes it would have coz Africans would for the 1st time realize that they are NOT cattle and sheep the Europeans can herd and command to do anything. The British GOVT know this hence they fought tooth and nail to maintain the status quo so they could continue to milk the continent and they are still milking it. Yakubu Gowon did not handle anything brilliantly. He is a fool who got used and dumped and now his people are suffering the effects in the hands of the Fulani. The brilliant person is Woodrow Wilson of UK.

Biafra = AFRICAN PRIDE.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chiogo(f): 1:34am On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But lets assume the government had the money. Considering we are talking of a business here where you expect measurable amount in returns for the money you invest. Would you, knowing what you know of the situation with revenue generation in surrounding Airports, encourage your government to make the investment?
What do you mean by the situation with revenue generation in surrounding airports? You might wanna consider why that's the case. Read Udezue's last three posts. Many Igbos don't patronize them due to their current situations hence, not much revenue. Might be a different case if the situations improve so yes, I'll encourage the government to make the investment.

PS: they do have the money, I'm sure but like I said, it's not a priority, not like priorities are being taken care of anyway.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by oyinda3(f): 1:37am On May 20, 2010
come to think of it, biafra may be one of the few indegenous african countries rather than a western creation.
but I can't imagine a nigeria without igbos now lol. that will be messed up  grin

udezue:

lol Oh ok Oyinda.

In Igbo it will mean "Friend of the Father"

Oyinna / Oyinda
Eyinna / Enyinnaya

Your name seems like an Ikwerre name hence I had to ask.

Biafra is more than just Igbo people.

nah it's yoruba. oyindamola = honey (sweetness) has been poured unto blessings. ie god has butter my bread  grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On May 20, 2010
chiogo:

What do you mean by the situation with revenue generation in surrounding airports? You might wanna consider why that's the case. Read Udezue's last three posts. Many Igbos don't patronize them due to their current situations hence, not much revenue. Might be a different case if the situations improve so yes, I'll encourage the government to make the investment.
Many ibos don’t patronize Sam Mbakwe Airport because of their current situation? What exactly is wrong with this particular airport by the way?  I keep hearing things are WRONG with these airport but the same can be said of other airports around the country. Yet you are telling me that Ibos somehow reached some agreement not to use the airports? What exactly are these ibos looking for in the airport buildings that causes them to refuse to fly them?
@Udezue’s post does not seem to explain any of the things you have above, and some have said before now, but never really with details.
chiogo:

Might be a different case if the situations improve so yes, I'll encourage the government to make the investment.
If What improves? What exactly needs to improve before people go out to an airport like Sam Mbakwe to board an Aero managed flight out of Owerri?
You will encourage the government to make the investment? How exactly do you intend to recoup these investments? Or are you of the mind that government should spend money without worrying how to make profit to MAINTAIN the airport refurbishments?
chiogo:

PS: they do have the money, I'm sure but like I said, it's not a priority, not like priorities are being taken care of anyway.
Now I am tempted to ask what you mean by priority. Someone actually stated that the REASON why Ibo land is not developed is SIMPLY that there are no TRUE international Airports. If the government already has the money, why isn’t this at the top of the list?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 1:42am On May 20, 2010
udezue:

Sleezy,
I am from Anambra state not Enugu tho I was born and raised there and not once have I demanded an airport in Anambra state. The new Airport in Asaba and Enugu are good enough.

Most of my Aro family from Abia state migrated to Anambra state.

My point is that the Eastern region and Igbo land deserves to have a real International Airport to facilitate better economic development and growth. You are either silly, ignorant or full of rabid hate towards anything pass Ore to feel that a section of your country does not deserve the same thing you are getting. Why must we drive 7 hours risking death, accidents, armed robberies just to board an international flight through Lagos, Abuja, Kano when we have big cities with Airports that can serve the same purpose? Why must we pay to board a domestic flight in Enugu, Calabar just to land in Lagos, or Abuja and then pay for international flight? For once remove the hate and try to be fair. Geez.

Tinapa in Calabar will benefit so much if there is even one real International Airport in the East. How many foreign tourists will want to land in Abuja, kano, or Lagos and risk death, molestation, robberies on Nigeria's dangerous highways just to visit Tinapa? If this is  not a deliberate attempt to strangle the Eastern region economically then I don't know what it is.

STOP D LIES YOURE FROM IMO STATE

and when people in the NW NE Middle belt and SW remote parts of the country travel what do you think happens to them? dont they risk  "death, accidents, armed robberies" etc. . .

so what is your point? people from Oyo state drive to Lagos for international flight, People from Sokoto drive to ABJ and people from Borno drive all the way to Abj - thats part of Nigeria and not only SE people experience it. So why must igbo people make it an "igbo thing"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight / Senator Ita-Giwa In Texas, Meets Jemiriye (Photos) / Anambra Election: IPOB Cancels Sit At Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.