Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:44 AM

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" (38883 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / 'Nnamdi Kanu, The Playboy Is In Jerusalem Enjoying His Life' - Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Antoeni(m): 7:45am On Apr 21, 2018
10 REASONS WHY I INSIST SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE LAZY.

1. A research carried out at NNAMDI Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State found out that Students spend more time doing some funny things on the Internet than focusing on their books.

2. In the 90s I had some two Children of close family members in my house. They were about writing their WEAC Exams but I did see them for one day reading for the exams. When I confronted them they said ' Uncle do not worry we will pass' They 'passed' and today they are 'graduates' but I know they are not.

3. Today in Nigeria if you want a good carpenter, Tiler or POP man you need to get the Togolese, Camerounians, Ghanaians to do the job.

4 I have met Mothers who are ready to give anything including their bodies for their Children to get admission into Universities and even to pass common entrance exams.

5 For years I have pleaded with some of the young people I know to go to learn a trade and even when I succeeded in getting them places to learn something they usually run away to go and continue to beg.

6 I have met many of our young people who said they went to university and when you engage them you will discover instantly that they are fake graduates who are not employable and yet they will tell you there are no jobs.

7 One of my brothers spent good money to get his wife who claimed to be a graduate a teaching appointment. He pushed and pushed until one day he was invited by the man who wants to help him. My brother was shocked to the marrows when the man told him that the woman should return to class one in Secondary School and that she knows nothing.

8 In the South East today hundreds of young men have been brutally killed in drug related offenses in South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia and other Countries. Some sell their Kidnies to raise money. Give these young men a job of 200k a month they will just laugh at you.

9 Today in NNEWI where I come from it is difficult for you to get a young boy to learn a trade for say 5,6,7 years before they are established. They prefer Okada business, yahoo yahoo, begging etc.

10 There are so many fake Proprietors of universities and Polytechnics in NIGERIA that are only interested in money and nothing else. They go to JAMB and bribe them to send these 10th rate poor students to them. They push and push them until they graduate and the vicious cycle continues. We have close to 200 Higher Institutions but how many of them are real higher institutions.

I am passionate about getting our Country to work again and that is the reason why I am challenging the young people of Nigeria. My father abused us for laziness and untoward behaviors to make us strong and dedicated. Our teachers in those days abused, flogged and and gave us pits to dig for failing to do our assignments. I know a father who went to pick his son in Navy school Abeokuta for holidays. When he got there and was told that the boy failed his exams the man turned his car and left for LAGOS without the boy. He did not return to pick that boy until after one week. It became a turning point in the life of that boy.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=616405508725126&id=100010670472667

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by dafeyankee: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2018
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.

210 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by ja2ken(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2018
Well, you won't go against ur paymaster..

166 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by JideAmuGiaka: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2018
Afonja write up.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Cyynthialove(f): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2018
Idiot

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by 400billionman: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2018
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about life. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left.

212 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by e7ejinima: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2018
My response in bold pls

Antoeni:

1. A research carried out at NNAMDI Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State found out that Students spend more time doing some funny things on the Internet than focusing on their books.

you miss the point here. If he had said that they sleep or party i will agree but The students are smart enough to know they are being offered antiquated curriculum that has no bearing with real life and success in life. So they spend more time on useful things in the internet like Bitcoin, seeking out ppl that want to get rich quick to 'help, seeking lonely white ladies ready to part with dollars for some love, etc.

2. In the 90s I had some two Children of close family members in my house. They were about writing their WEAC Exams but I did see them for one day reading for the exams. When I confronted them they said ' Uncle do not worry we will pass' They 'passed' and today they are 'graduates' but I know they are not.

again the children are smart enough to know there's an alternative and smarter way to pass. Block the loophole and you see them adjust and adapt

3. Today in Nigeria if you want a good carpenter, Tiler or POP man you need to get the Togolese, Camerounians, Ghanaians to do the job.

there are better paying hustle bro. When the internet is there.

4 I have met Mothers who are ready to give anything including their bodies for their Children to get admission into Universities and even to pass common entrance exams.

please deal with the mothers' fuckup. Leave the youths out of desperation of their parents. This no proof of youth laziness but parental recklessnesss

5 For years I have pleaded with some of the young people I know to go to learn a trade and even when I succeeded in getting them places to learn something they usually run away to go and continue to beg.

deal with it Sir. In our society, begging pays.

6 I have met many of our young people who said they went to university and when you engage them you will discover instantly that they are fake graduates who are not employable and yet they will tell you there are no jobs.

they went to University you said! Buhari said the youth haven't been to school. Reconcile, you are out of point

7 One of my brothers spent good money to get his wife who claimed to be a graduate a teaching appointment. He pushed and pushed until one day he was invited by the man who wants to help him. My brother was shocked to the marrows when the man told him that the woman should return to class one in Secondary School and that she knows nothing.

ditto. Deal with the quality of educational system bequeathed on us by your very generation. Who graduated that woman? Youths?

8 In the South East today hundreds of young men have been brutally killed in drug related offenses in South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia and other Countries. Some sell their Kidnies to raise money. Give these young men a job of 200k a month they will just laugh at you.

bros, you confuse well-paying but risky hustle with laziness. Without risking calling you unintelligent, you need to research the simple maxim of risk-return relationship. Here, we have very daring youths not lazy youths

9 Today in NNEWI where I come from it is difficult for you to get a young boy to learn a trade for say 5,6,7 years before they are established. They prefer Okada business, yahoo yahoo, begging etc.

I've told you, ROI and capital payback period is more favourable in okada and begging. Deal with it. It's a societal issue. Leave the youths. They have their eyes on the money and returns

10 There are so many fake Proprietors of universities and Polytechnics in NIGERIA that are only interested in money and nothing else. They go to JAMB and bribe them to send these 10th rate poor students to them. They push and push them until they graduate and the vicious cycle continues. We have close to 200 Higher Institutions but how many of them are real higher institutions.

Youth? Why are there fake proprietors if not laziness of NUC, NBTE, Buhari govt. You criticise yourself and thinks it's youths. Your generation failed! QED!

I am passionate about getting our Country to work again and that is the reason why I am challenging the young people of Nigeria. My father abused us for laziness and untoward behaviors to make us strong and dedicated. Our teachers in those days abused, flogged and and gave us pits to dig for failing to do our assignments. I know a father who went to pick his son in Navy school Abeokuta for holidays. When he got there and was told that the boy failed his exams the man turned his car and left for LAGOS without the boy. He did not return to pick that boy until after one week. It became a turning point in the life of that boy.

READ YOUR FIRST LINE. Who made our country not work in the first place? Youths? I said it, you've now agreed -Your generation failed! Youths are only trying to navigate the mess Buhari and your generation left us

Some very quick ones:
Anything positive about Nigeria is the creation of younger generation, be it Nollywood or the thriving Nigeria hip-hop industry or the e-Commerce or Sports not forgetting the International fames won by the Chimamanda etc. The elderly in Nigeria should keep quiet or be reminded that they ruined this country with coups, dysfunctional constitution, nepotism, bribery corruption, just name it. The youths are ready to hustle in this destiny-killing contraption of a nation, the handiwork of you the older generation. Joe Igbokwe, you are notorious but not popular. You ought to hide your face in shame for what you reoresent!

437 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Realdeals(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2018
Sorry, all those examples Igbokwe mentioned are people who are striving to etched a living for themselves the way they understand, all the incidences happened due to failed governance.
From the write-up, they never ask anything for free, they did things based on the way they felt it will work.
Buhari and the rest of his generation destroyed the value of hardwork.

206 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 21, 2018
Well as long as your research is confined to the Eastern states of Nigeria.

Saying some Nigerian youths are lazy is a moot point.

Which country in the world has ALL of its youth hardworking?

Going on an international forum to condemn the youths of your country is asinine.

Mr Joe Igbokwe please shut da fvck up. You are not making sense today.

You are like a fly that is about to follow the corpse into the grave.

You should know when to give up on a failed regime.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Antoeni(m): 9:01am On Apr 21, 2018
Buhari as an honest man who does not prevaricate has only given a voice to a glaringly challenge which others know but too afraid to mouth it because of political expediency.

29 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Heavance(m): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2018
e7ejinima:
My response in bold pls

Some very quick ones:
Anything positive about Nigeria is the creation of younger generation, be it Nollywood or the thriving Nigeria hip-hop industry or the e-Commerce or Sports not forgetting the International games won by the Chimamanda etc. The elderly in Nigeria should keep quiet or be reminded that they ruined this country with coups, dysfunctional constitution, nepotism, bribery corruption, just name it. The youths are ready to hustle in this drstiny-killing contraption of a nation, the handiwork of you the older generation. Joe Igbokwe, you are notorious but not popular. You ought to hide your face in shame for what you reoresent!

God bless you for the reply....
our parent's generation are just trying to push their blame on us

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Josephjnr(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2018
Hmmmm!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by limeta(f): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2018
It take, s community to bring up children not just the parents
Nigeris politicsl class looters
Police corrupt
Leaning instutition corrupt
All form of government institution corrupt
A corrupt government is a lazy government
If you say nigger youth are lazy you what you eat.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by mars123(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2018
who is this one? To say a lot of Nigeria youth are lazy is a logically flawed statement. To be hardworking or lazy is just an individual trait and there is no country in the world without lazy people. But for a president to travel far away from home and tell foreigners his country's youth are lazy requires a great deal of stupidity. #GOGETYOURPVC.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by jaychubi: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2018
U don't wash ur dirty linenings outside

Buhari is just not fit to be a head of a family talk more of a president

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

you miss the point here. If he had said that they sleep or party i will agree but The students are smart enough to know they are being offered antiquated curriculum that has no bearing with real life and success in life. So they spend more time on useful things in the internet like Bitcoin, seeking out ppl that want to get rich quick to 'help, seeking lonely white ladies ready to part with dollars for some love, etc.

again the children are smart enough to know there's an alternative and smarter way to pass. Block the loophole and you see them adjust and adapt

there are better paying hustle bro. When the internet is there.

please deal with the mothers' fuckup. Leave the youths out of desperation of their parents. This no proof of youth laziness but parental recklessnesss

deal with it Sir. In our society, begging pays.

they went to University you said! Buhari said the youth haven't been to school. Reconcile, you are out of point

ditto. Deal with the quality of educational system bequeathed on us by your very generation. Who graduated that woman? Youths?

bros, you confuse well-paying but risky hustle with laziness. Without risking calling you unintelligent, you need to research the simple maxim of risk-return relationship. Here, we have very daring youths not lazy youths

I've told you, ROI and capital payback period is more favourable in okada and begging. Deal with it. It's a societal issue. Leave the youths. They have their eyes on the money and returns

Youth? Why are there fake proprietors if not laziness of NUC, NBTE, Buhari govt. You criticise yourself and thinks it's youths. Your generation failed! QED!

READ YOUR FIRST LINE. Who made our country not work in the first place? Youths? I said it, you've now agreed -Your generation failed! Youths are only trying to navigate the mess Buhari and your generation left us

Nothing more to be said. Igbokwe is an arse-licker, nobody takes him seriously.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Monaco2(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2018
Feeling lazy with buhari and 20 others

6 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by NotBeenPaid: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2018
Ok

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Olukat(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2018
The oldest known slave in the land has spoken grin grin grin grin
Who did this to Joe boy, of course he will remain a boy to his masters angry angry
" If you are a servant at young age is not your fault but if you are grown and remain a servant then it's your fault"
Tell Joe boy I said so! Nonsense!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2018
Heavance:

God bless you for the reply....
our parent generation are just trying to push their blame on us

It is not a joking matter my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
The elders failed to provide for the youths the opportunities the British left behind. They destroyed the legacy the colonial masters left, the blue print left for us was turned into an opportunity to enrich themselves and their generation yet unborn.

This elder who in his time probably went to school for free, didn't have to struggle to get a job turns around to spew trash after him and the rest old people including the frail president with mouth diarrhea have destroyed the very system meant to shape the future of this country .

Inspite of the fact that this old people have left nothing on ground for the present and future generation(cos they have looted all that is left), the average Nigerian youth struggles against all odds to survive,we adjust, we adapt to the harsh economy they plunger us into, we constantly struggle to make ends meet in this shit hole country yet this thieves turn around to call us lazy and uneducated. Stupid presidents both past and present, useless polithifians that go out to see how sane countries are run but still come to Nigeria to do the opposite. Nonsense and ingredients.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by okerekeikpo: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
This animal again? God pls talk wetin we do u na so that we can apologize, this is not funny at all we no get hope for this country

7 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Iseoluwani: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
grin

16 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by hammer6F: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Fratermathy Efewestern, see the Igbotic version of betrayers.

Chop alone and clean mouth.

Selfish muthafuckers!

cc Amarabae, Ngozi123 make una come see una brother Joe.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by midolian(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.
God bless you real good

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by NonFarmPayrol: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
This Igbo sell out

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by SamuelTurner(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
Do be like yusuf

3 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by fratermathy(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
hammer6F:
Fratermathy Efewestern, see the Igbotic version of betrayers.

Chop alone and clean mouth.

Selfish muthafuckers!

cc Amarabae, Ngozi123 make una come see una brother.

Guy, stop mentioning me before I bite you. Your system must be paining you. What's my business with your "Igbotic betrayers"?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
This thread go cause gbege o
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Amdin: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
See talk ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamile Gives Out Cars, Laptops, Cash To His Constituents (Pictures) / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates / Pascal Ikenna Ejiogu Turns Black Panther In Campaign Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.