Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" (38992 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / 'Nnamdi Kanu, The Playboy Is In Jerusalem Enjoying His Life' - Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2018
Joe if your sons and daughters are lazy the rest of us are not as lazy as your kids and Buhari kids too so STFU.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Soreza(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2018
This one needs to be eliminated he is crossing his lines already.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by worlexy(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2018
ok
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by happney65: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2018
What do you expect Joe igbokwe to say?He is the mouthpiece of the APC..An idiot and a fool..He is doing what his paymasters want so I am not surprised one bit..

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by hammer6F: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2018
fratermathy:

Guy, stop mentioning me before I bite you. Your system must be paining you. What's my business with your "Igbotic betrayers"?

My people , my people! cool
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by janejive(f): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2018
Rubbish, Nigerian youths are hard working, come and see the any work lady doing weekly house cleaning jobs at my estate and also schooling at a College of Education. She works morning till night on weekends, cleaning houses to make money to go back to school.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by olalekan1(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2018
Realdeals:
Sorry, all those examples Igbokwe mentioned are people who are striving to etched a living for themselves the way they understand, all the incidences happened due to failed governance.
From the write-up, they never ask anything for free, they did things based on the way they felt it will work.
Buhari and the rest of his generation destroyed the value of hardwork.

Exactly! ��
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Opinionated: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2018
Joe Igbokwe always delivers.

Joe Igbokwe Wishes Omoyele Sowore well as he Runs for President in 2019
http://www.opinions.ng/joe-igbokwe-omoyele-sowore-president/

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.

Ur sense is similar to his.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2018
People are now standing up to the fact!

Most Imo youths
Most Lagos youths
Most Ibadan youths and others

Most South-South youths just want to sit at home and get paid by end of the month.\

Its just one truth we trying to shy away from.

Most of our youths are littering South Africa, Indian, Malaysia, Indonesia, Dubai and other countries with no legitimate business.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by trillville(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2018
10 REASONS WHY I INSIST SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE LAZY.

1. A research carried out at NNAMDI Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State found out that Students spend more time doing some funny things on the Internet than focusing on their books.

Please state who in the school carried out the research and what percentage of students were found to be unserious. Also tell us if the percentage and number of graduates with 2.1 and above has being increasing or reducing.

2. In the 90s I had some two Children of close family members in my house. They were about writing their WEAC Exams but I did see them for one day reading for the exams. When I confronted them they said ' Uncle do not worry we will pass' They 'passed' and today they are 'graduates' but I know they are not.

The fact that your relatives are dull does not mean you should generalise that many Nigerians are dull.

3. Today in Nigeria if you want a good carpenter, Tiler or POP man you need to get the Togolese, Camerounians, Ghanaians to do the job.

In Togo, Cameroon and Ghana artisans are respected people. The income inequality between corporate workers and artisans is not that much. This has encouraged many youths in these countries to go into such professional which has also lead to these countries developing specialization in these jobs.
In what ways has any government in Nigeria tried to improve the livelihood of artisans? What has the government done to reduce income inequality in Nigeria?

4 I have met Mothers who are ready to give anything including their bodies for their Children to get admission into Universities and even to pass common entrance exams.

Mr. Joe, hope you are not confessing with style? If in the first place your generation had ensured merit was the order of the day, women would never think of offering you such.

Your generation has thrown merit to the dogs. The moment your master Buhari got elected, we heard that Atiku's daughter was given employment at the CBN.

Thanks to SOWORE'S Sahara Reporters, we learned that many other children of the elite were also employed. Those of us with First Class results and Masters on top were never given the opportunity to apply. I guess all fingers are not equal as Nigerians say.

5 For years I have pleaded with some of the young people I know to go to learn a trade and even when I succeeded in getting them places to learn something they usually run away to go and continue to beg.

Sir, you are wicked. Have your children gone
to learn a trade? What have you done to improve the lives of artisans? My barber used to charge me N500 back in 2012 when fuel was N97. Today fuel is now N145, and he has been forced to reduce his price to N300 because people reduced the frequency with which they cut their hair. If you are joking, please stop.

6 I have met many of our young people who said they went to university and when you engage them you will discover instantly that they are fake graduates who are not employable and yet they will tell you there are no jobs.

Sir, is it not your generation that destroyed our educational system? Please sir, what percent of our budget did buhari budget for education? Remember sir that just last week, ASUU complained that Buhari was the worst president in terms of education spending.

7 One of my brothers spent good money to get his wife who claimed to be a graduate a teaching appointment. He pushed and pushed until one day he was invited by the man who wants to help him. My brother was shocked to the marrows when the man told him that the woman should return to class one in Secondary School and that she knows nothing.

Please sir, stop generalizing. You appear a little uneducated yourself when you keep generalizing. Again your Master Buhari has done little to nothing to improve education at all levels.

8 In the South East today hundreds of young men have been brutally killed in drug related offenses in South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia and other Countries. Some sell their Kidnies to raise money. Give these young men a job of 200k a month they will just laugh at you.

Sir, it is as a result of poverty and also the huge income inequality between the rich and the poor in Nigeria. We have seen so many in your generation "make it" overnight, so the boys want to also show themselves.

9 Today in NNEWI where I come from it is difficult for you to get a young boy to learn a trade for say 5,6,7 years before they are established. They prefer Okada business, yahoo yahoo, begging etc.

Sir, you keep making the same point. I guess you believe that if you repeat something a lot of times people would take it as fact. Sir, artisans are suffering in Nigeria.

10 There are so many fake Proprietors of universities and Polytechnics in NIGERIA that are only interested in money and nothing else. They go to JAMB and bribe them to send these 10th rate poor students to them. They push and push them until they graduate and the vicious cycle continues. We have close to 200 Higher Institutions but how many of them are real higher institutions.

After 3 years in government you are still complaining about this. So what do you want us to do for you sir?
Are most institutions not government owned? Why are you complaining to us? Tell your master to do his job. Shikena.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Doerstech(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Some logical points but a reply is needed

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Parokatt:
Another mad psychopath

Attack him logically and stop using insults to derail the obvious facts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by PANDA2: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2018
Olukat:
The oldest known slave in the land has spoken grin grin grin grin
Who did this to Joe boy, of course he will remain a boy to his maters angry angry
" If you are a servant at young age is not your fault but if you are grown and remain a servant then it's your fault"
Tell Joe boy I said so! Nonsense!

AMADIOHA SHOULD FIRE JOE IGBOKWE AND ALL HIS DESCENDANTS. THIS MAN NO GET SHAME AT ALL. ALL NNEWI PEOPLE SHOULD BE AFFRONTED BY THIS RECKLESS STATEMENT COMING FROM HIM... BUT I KNOW THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL JUST SHRUG IT OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY SELLING THEIR SPARE PARTS AND LOOKING FOR MORE MONEY TO CARE WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY INSULTED AS A PEOPLE OR NOT.
AM SURE THAT EVEN THEIR OBI WILL NOT UTTER ONE WORD IN PROTEST.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by emmybernard(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2018
Stop the Bs
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Omeokachie: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2018
They throw the Nigerian youth under the bus all in a bid to justify the silly and ignorant comment of an out of touch with reality president.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by gabicon: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Funny enough I agree with him, the youths in Nigeria are lazy. If we were not lazy we would have collected our country back from this old folks. If the youths can create a booming movie industry and a booming music industry and a booming startup industry, making Nigeria boom is not hard, we are a few success away from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by lastempero: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2018
We have lazy youths amongst us,no doubt about that but for a sitting president to generalize the concept of laziness amongst youth its seriously disheartening.the number of hardworking youths are far more greater than the lazy ones period.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Marsnizz: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2018
ja2ken:
Well, you won't go against ur paymaster..
The man have valid reasons give us your own for comparison .pleases sentiment aside

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by davit: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Seriously, this man has valid points. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Briggs007: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2018
Man that brand youths illiterate cannot even spell plural of kidney.

Shame on failure
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by jose4shizzle: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2018
Dating accounts like FB available. Check my signature.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by kenex4ever(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2018
This idioot again. Always afraid to talk against his paymasters

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2018
I am Oboh Joshua, I have my masters with my First degree and I still go to farm with old fashion tools.
Success comes when opportunity meets preparation; Nigerian youths are prepared, we are just waiting for an opportunity.
#_i_am_hardworking

3 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Cuntslayer: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=616405508725126&id=100010670472667

The kind of people you hang out with
What have you done personally to change them
Moronic idiot
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by zinaunreal(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2018
50% fact / 50% fallacy
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by desmondude(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2018
midolian:
God bless you real good
which sense did he make what are the politicians doing that they are given millions of naira every month ? do he know what laziness is my use ur head
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by ahamonyeka(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2018
Joe igbokwe always defending Apc chiefly because they gave you an office to hold. he has never for once defend his brothers from the south but,am waiting for the day he will talk against them.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by biggy26: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.
He make sense.
Sorry, he makes no sense!

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by christopherozo: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2018
PANDA2:

AMADIOHA SHOULD FIRE JOE IGBOKWE AND ALL HIS DESCENDANTS. THIS MAN NO GET SHAME AT ALL. ALL NNEWI PEOPLE SHOULD BE AFFRONTED BY THIS RECKLESS STATEMENT COMING FROM HIM... BUT I KNOW THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL JUST SHRUG IT OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY SELLING THEIR SPARE PARTS AND LOOKING FOR MORE MONEY TO CARE WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY INSULTED AS A PEOPLE OR NOT.
AM SURE THAT EVEN THEIR OBI WILL NOT UTTER ONE WORD IN PROTEST.

JOE IGBOKWE is a saboteur to Igbo people and a big disgrace to his community. I have heard that it is because he is what is known as an Osu in Nnewi that he act like this, and by custom people like him are bury in the bush when they die , that is why he choose to make Lagos his home.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by GavelSlam: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2018
Iseoluwani:
grin

Yes, he took over on the 31st of December 1983.
The newspaper you quoted is from January 1984 telling you the economy had already failed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alumni Releases The Photos Of The Event Where Senator A. Adeleke Was Inaugurated / Frequently Asked Questions on The Released Chibok Girls / It’s Over For Saraki Politically, Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.