Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" (38968 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / 'Nnamdi Kanu, The Playboy Is In Jerusalem Enjoying His Life' - Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by emmytech2: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2018
Truth they say is always bitter, most youths are lazy upstairs. nobody wants to create employment but wants to be employed.You see graduates of today who knows fully well, he has noithing to offer to the society instead of acquiring skills he is searching for job. i don't know how many jobs his grandfather or father created?

5 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by plaetton: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

after reading this trash...I was forced to go through the profile of this dementia called igbokwe...only to realise....that it was majorly yorubas ie southwasterners are commenting and replying the rubbish.....

igbokwe is not an igboman...he is a fugitive....struggling to please tinubu.....

animal in person....and a fool...

how many times has he come down to nnewi....he wont....

he only sneaks in and sneak out....from information gathered.....

I think the best is not to go further but to allow the fool live upto his foolery....to a point of shameful....

I guess yoruba will attend his burial not us......#spits#

tufiakwa
Joe Igbokwe is a Quisling.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Kumar4india: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2018
These facts should not blamed on the youth but on the government.

You provide a platform to encourage the youth.

Our education system is rubbish.

No matter what report or article you write, the youths condemn it in totality.

Antoeni:
Buhari as an honest man who does not prevaricate has only given a voice to a glaringly challenge which others know but too afraid to mouth it because of political expediency.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Reelectbuhari: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2018
plaetton:
Joe Igbokwe is a Quisling.

he not only a quisling........

he is a beast, saboteur and an arch enemy to igbo race.....
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Firgemachar: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about live. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left

Those youths didn't leave to go and stay idle.
They left to hustle.
They are not lazy!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by okonyia(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Joe Igbokwe is a joke and corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by obi58: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:
Buhari as an honest man who does not prevaricate has only given a voice to a glaringly challenge which others know but too afraid to mouth it because of political expediency.

There you miss the point of government even though that has been the bane of this administration since inception.

It is not enough to identify well known problems which are quality of education and unemployment. The question is what is the government doing or what has the government done to address these problems?

The answer? No way near enough! That's why Bill Gates came to whitewash the government on their total lack of commitment to addressing these issues. Instead they are as usual blaming everything and anything except for themselves for their abject failures.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by zeestunner(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2018
Heavance:

God bless you for the reply....
our parent generation are just trying to push their blame on us

At wat age did ur parents generation start ruling the country ? They were active in politics and leadership at their youthful age the t.y danjuma,ibb,obj, gibson jalo,maman vasta etc participated in one form of activism or the other which led them to leadership roles played even gowon and ojukwu how old were they wen they both led their respective armies. Now the youths we have are internet wariors,yahoo boys,runs girl, bet analysts etc you cant even have a meaningful political discussion with a naija girl because many dont even knw how local government areas is in their state talkmore of other pressing national issues abeg we should agree that there is problem simple

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about live. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left

Honestly, I'm loving the nation discussing a very crucial issue like this, even though more of us are hardworking despite being frustrated daily. It's just unfortunate the president who initiated the discuss, called us out on a foreign soil where he was supposed to protect us as a national father.

As e7ejinima pointed and I quote:

"The elderly in Nigeria should [...] be reminded that they ruined this country with coups, dysfunctional constitution, nepotism, bribery corruption, just name it. The youths are ready to hustle in this destiny-killing contraption of a nation, the handiwork of you the older generation."

While the older generation (politicians in particular) are to be blamed, more lies at the doorstep of the parents of such lazy youths.
So much damage have been done to the psyche of an average youth (future of the nation) of this country from all angles such that if any healing would take place, it has to start from the family unit (the smallest component of the nation).

Conclusively, Government must be ready to wake up parents to their responsibilities while fulfilling theirs (improved economy, increased infrastructure, etc.) as well. Government should not rely on some docile national orientation agencies but directly sponsor responsible NGOs and task force through special ministries to achieve this goal. Though this can't be realized in today's Nigeria. Lol

There is a wake-up call for Government, this particular issue is a wake-up call for Parents.

6 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by bigtt76(f): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2018
The truth is always bitter but this man really hit the nail on the head ...take it or leave it.

My questions however are as follows:-

1.Are the lazy youths in the minority or majority and who is responsible for measuring this?
Answer: Elderly politicians (Laziness).

2. Who are responsible for our youths being lazy?

3. Who ran down the economy?

I could go on and on, the answers would still point back to the elders who are now accusing us being lazy.

To we youths, don't know about most but I went through hell at school and home discipline such that I find delegating my personal activities (like laundry, hairdo and other stuff) very difficult. I can't imagine leaving stuff I should be doing myself to the hands of housemaids and nannies yet we claim not to be lazy.

An under 30 married couples would have like 4 nannies to take care of the kids at different times of the day and you expect that child not to turn out lazy? I started doing my laundry, doing the dishes, sweeping and other household chores as early as age 5. Who does that now?

While in secondary school, I've gone through the cutting of grass as punishment for not having an up to date lesson notes, scoring low in tests and assignments, late coming to school and noise making in class grin .....Do kids go through all these nowadays?

I basically learnt the difference between 'wants' and 'needs' such that now I weigh both before I think of making any purchases. I still use my broken Infinix Hot2 mobile phone. I've never used an iPhone or Samsung phones but you see people younger than me rocking these devices ....most are not working o! Or those working would have to save like 3 months to buy it making you ask ....why the hassles to get something you cannot afford? People changing phones updandan ...ask your self why the need for change and you discover you only want it because you see others using it.

The crave by the youth to satisfy their 'wants' rather than their needs is the cause of several negative issues affecting them today.

Having said thus, I sincerely doff my hats for all those enterprising youths out there that are genuinely struggling on their own to make ends meet. Those who run from 5am to 9pm in traffic to eek out a living .....I see you. God will soon send down the signal on how we should assist you guys when we can.

Antoeni:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=616405508725126&id=100010670472667

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Oegbeyem: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.
He makes zero sense. If most Nigerians are illiterates, whose fault is it, if students bribe their way through, who receive the bribe, lazy people can't do yahoo yahoo, yahoo boys hardly sleep. Education in Nigeria has become a scam, we have shabby institutions and there are no jobs go absorb graduates. This man is a fool if he also thinks Nigerians are lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by agwaisrael(m): 11:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

The point of being a president is to make things happen. It's Linda ikeji's job to make announcement.

He noted a problem and if you check, he has not tried to solve the issue he is fully aware of.

If a mother goes outside and says her child doesn't know how to bathe himself, who's to blame? The mother of course.

These politicians are very biased. Supposing Jonathan made this statement, the same people supporting the notion will become youth advocates and even throw rally for immediate impeachment.

We in a country where the leaders are so proud of fending for themselves. Now your country said they don't have passport booklet nationwide. I feel this regime is a trap.

But GOD Dey!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by sanpipita(m): 11:48am On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:

How does that make them lazy, Joe igbokwe generation had meals served to them at schools and jobs waiting for them after school yet they couldn't maintain but destroyed everything just to tag the young generation they left nothing for lazy, his generation are the lazy ones.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by GavelSlam: 11:50am On Apr 21, 2018
plaetton:

In what way does he makes sense ?

Having travelled to many countries, I can tell you that Nigerian youths are the hardest working and most resourceful youths in the whole world.

I see them every day, tens of thousands of them, working against impossible odds, working in a broken system, in a failed state, that gives them no single guarantee except for Uncertainties.

Anyone who disparages Nigerian youths as being lazy either does not live in Nigeria or is being deliberately insensitive and malicious.
Shame on such people.

The riddle goes thus:

If the Nigerian youths who happen to make up the majority of the population are hardworking, why are things tough for the same youth?

Why is there a high rate of crime in Nigeria ?

Why do we have the reputation as the " Nigerian Prince" of Yahoo fame?

4 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by eflintsone(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2018
in the real sense most of this youth are damn lazy , here in lagos u will see very young and vibrant guys telling you all dey wanna do is yahoo yahoo ... at the age of 16 dey r all already to learn yahoo ... girls wanna slay , none wanna go to school or acquire a professional skill

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by GavelSlam: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2018
sanpipita:

How does that make them lazy, Joe igbokwe generation had meals served to them at schools and jobs waiting for them after school yet they couldn't maintain but destroyed everything just to tag the young generation they left nothing for lazy, his generation are the lazy ones.

Of course they were lazy but that doesn't change the fact that this generation is equally if not worse.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by popsyleo1: 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is an animal. His interview on AIT confirmed that
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Chamber10(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

If he is an honest man, why didn't he speak to Commonwealth business forum how his lazy son crashed a power bike and how he was flown abroad free

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by sanpipita(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Of course they were lazy but that doesn't change the fact that this generation is equally if not worse.

This generation survive beyond unimaginable obstacles, they never have it easy right from day they are born, I find it insulting that Joe Igbokwe's generation who pontificate about laziness while they didn't improve Nigeria or maintained standards of where they met it, they should keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by lexy2014: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:
largest number of out of school children...is it youths that caused that? Yes many of d youths are illiterate which takes back 2d issue of basic education. If u don't teach a child how to read and write, is it when he now becomes a youth that he will noe no how to read and write? Even if u say buhari has said d truth what has he done 2 alleviate d problem? Was he elected to criticise his citizens or galvanize them to productivity

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by ashjay001(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
e7ejinima:
My response in bold pls

Some very quick ones:
Anything positive about Nigeria is the creation of younger generation, be it Nollywood or the thriving Nigeria hip-hop industry or the e-Commerce or Sports not forgetting the International fames won by the Chimamanda etc. The elderly in Nigeria should keep quiet or be reminded that they ruined this country with coups, dysfunctional constitution, nepotism, bribery corruption, just name it. The youths are ready to hustle in this destiny-killing contraption of a nation, the handiwork of you the older generation. Joe Igbokwe, you are notorious but not popular. You ought to hide your face in shame for what you reoresent!

Quite a reply, u gave! Makes a lot of sense!

Yet, I seeked higher education admission, with dreams of becoming an activist. I grew up on tales of SUGs standing up to govt n school authorities. Standing up, to correct societal ills. But, what do we have today. Everyone, on a silent hustle. We only, come out in public, to flaunt our wealth n showcase our dysfunction.

I thought, d fuel price protest, of d GEJ era, was rebirthing youth activistism. Their generation, generally, stood up, to be counted. Ours, I really can't pinpoint where things went wrong.

I no wan die
I wan enjoy
I just build house.... -Fela

People like u n I, have refused, for a very long time, to participate in active politics. E no concern us syndrometongue
Fear of violence(which PMB is trying to eliminate).

Today, I get more cogent replies, in my political discussions with my contemporaries, than when I was younger n had to move with adults to make sense.

I had an e-fight, with friends on fb, just this morning. On d benefits of d school feeding program. They were quoting by rote, all d jargons they've read online, no thinking cap, to actually analyse what d govt envisioned, by setting it up. They didn't even have d basics, of what its abt! Yet, they were braying for blood n condemning what they know nothing abt! Armchair political activists, with no imagination!

As long as, it was initiated, by d gworo chewing, certificateless, cow rearing, Fulani grandpa, it couldn't be beneficialangry

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by sanpipita(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
eflintsone:
in the real sense most of this youth are damn lazy , here in lagos u will see very young and vibrant guys telling you all dey wanna do is yahoo yahoo ... at the age of 16 dey r all already to learn yahoo ... girls wanna slay , none wanna go to school or acquire a professional skill

You think these youths didn't seek other options before doing yahoo? do you realize many yahoo boys are graduates who didn't find any job, those the Nigerian environment professional skills? we talk as if we don't know how govts here frustrate youth daily.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Biafrareform(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

But when UNESCO and BBC brought out those facts, you were quick to counter it defending your zombie master.
Now they are right.

Indeed Nigerians (Buhari Supporters) are lazy and uneducated
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by lexy2014: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

this generation is far more hardworking than d buhari and igbokwe generation. D buhari generation got almost everything 4 free. In school, people washed their clothes for them. They had chicken allowance. Most of them preferred staying in school because of d quality of d meals. In their hostels, it was strictly two to a room except final year students that get their own rooms. By d time they finish, there's a Peugeot 504 &a job waiting 4 them yet many of them stlll came out with 2:2. Compare that with d living conditions of Nigerian undergrads in d last 15years to date. Yet u say our youths are lazy cause of ur blind support 4 buhari. Its a pity

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.

Lol. He make sense?!?!
This is a funny write up.
Funny the man can’t spell “Kidney”, yet, he has books piled up around him.

Meanwhile, he noted that a “research”, what research? The education system is a mess, and it all started when? Who can answer that? I can’t guess this mans age, but I have a professor from the university of Benin, he had this book he used while he was a student from the university of Ibadan. He teaches us with that book, with no explanation, he comes into class and spits out word for word. How do students learn this way? Have you done your research to find out that most teachers are underemployed? They are settled in schools because they have to fend for their families. The system has failed. How can a failed system function in the lives of individuals? How can they work or do things they want to do when the system they believed in failed them?

I would have rather preferred you said the decision for one to become who they are is what happens. When one plans to do something simple, life makes it difficult, but for Nigeria, life, plus the Nigerian factor makes it unworthy. The decision for them to do what they want is their choice, but in this failed system, you would see lazy people as lazy, give them jobs with good salaries, and see what happens.

Jamie Oliver gave a speech in the UK and said the British youths are very lazy, and that he loves immigrants who would work day and night, he specifically mentioned Nigerians. These are Nigerians who washes plates, who clean grounds, who clean toilets, and are paid at the time frame as the company informed. In Nigeria, it doesn’t work that way. We have people who work for 8 months at companies with turnover of over 50million, for example, arctic spatial, and yet, they don’t pay salaries. Did you fight for them? If they decide to leave and buy okadas to ride, it’s their decision. If they asked for aid, would you support them? Stop telling me you did a research and made this notion about some specific people. Your country has failed and keeps failing.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by chanseroo1955(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
Stop Complainin U All Shouted Sai Buhari. When Joe Was There We Lamented,a Bag Of Rice Was 8k Now 20k .We Re Mute.Fuel 140 Increment A Litre, We Revolted, Tday We Re Mute. God Is Punishin Nigerians For Their Sins.Buhari Doesnt Know How To Choose His Words As A Fulani Man.He Shd Ve Said Nigeria Youths Re Nt Patient.A Man Dat Say He Is Tolerant Must Stay With Those That Re Nt Tolerant. Give D Youth A Job N See If They Wil Decide To Die In D Desert Or Red Sea.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Perfectnumber6(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
What is this Joe Igbokwe saying, let me ask Mr Joe, how many people have you volunteered to pay school fees and they refused to go to school willingly, Mr Joe how many youth have you empowered since you started making money from government, Mr Joe, how many schools have you visited to see the delapitated school equipments they are managing to teach their students all because of you these stupid elders that has mortgaged the future of the youths of this country for you selfish interest, truth be told if I had a chance to meet this man one on one I would break his teeth for saying such trash against the Nigerian youth. Come to my area where you will see guys who are in the university doing odd jobs just to pay school fees, eat and pay rent . Some of them would quickly go and carry blocks in the morning , then by 9am they rush to school. And this man here is saying rubbish. How many of Mr Joe's children are in Nigeria schools. Make these people no let youth vex oo . Well 2019 is near we have our PVC's.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Etianwanokon: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Joe Igbokwe, I was a baby and growing up in a family where reading of soft sell magazines was a taboo and I use to admire you writing for Newswatch Magazine and winning prizes.
Were you lazy.
I agree with some facts there but you are are wrong about some too.
What are the President's children doing for a living?

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by e7ejinima: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
embarassed

Etianwanokon:
Joe Igbokwe, I was a baby and growing up in a family where reading of soft sell magazines was a taboo and I use to admire you writing for Newswatch Magazine and winning prizes.
Were you lazy.
I agree with some facts there but you are are wrong about some too.
What are the President's children doing for a living?

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by vital94(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
Antoeni:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=616405508725126&id=100010670472667
He is wrong about nnewi. Nnewi youth are most hardworking youth in Africa. Do your findings well sir, we don't depend on anyone to survive.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
i experienced same when I went to check my car alignments somewhere in Lag.
The guy had no apprentice
My enquiry revealed that nobody was interested in apprenticeship anymore

3 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by segler: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
dafeyankee:
Sentiments aside.

He make sense.

Well said!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic / #EndSARS: Nigeria Now Divided - Governor Bala Mohammed / Adesoji Adesida: OPC Member Pushes Ondo Prince To Death During Funeral In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.