Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,155 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road (9946 Views)

Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 8:49pm On May 20, 2010
gidson12:

whats your point here!

Exactly as stated,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 9:56pm On May 20, 2010
babapupa:

Must you mention your village or compare your village with The Great of Lagos?

We are talking about Lagos State, not some Micky mouse state and Governor wannabee local government counselor.

Who gives a freeking damn about what some governor is doing in Akwa or what ever you call it?

Shouldn't you be telling me the number of white elephants and unfinished projects in Lagos state if you really wanna make a case?

Why sound so sarcastic! People have rights to use any part of Nigeria as example to buttress their points. In a forum like this, so long a thread is not derailed, points are argued for and against from all directions. For one to use another part of Nigeria as example means, he/she has travelled far and wide, and he/she is not holed up in one congested section of a NATION. Afterall, travelling is part of education.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by felele(m): 12:15am On May 21, 2010
I have a question:

[size=20pt]How come this road, and the Lekki-Epe Expressway are so expensive N1bn+ per kilometre[/size]

The article posted says the road will cost N60b. The distance quoted cannot be more than 60km, if that. This means that this road will cost up to N1b per km. Federal Ministry of Works data says dual carriageways in Lagos should cost no more than N330m per km. An additional lane either side should therefore cost no more than about N150m per km, bringing the total for a 3 lane expressway to about N480m/km.

I did my calculations, and after allowing for the usual feeding fest that attends Nigerian contracts, came to about N300m/km for a dual carriageway road, which is not too far from the FMW's own figures. I'm at a loss to explain how Fash/Tinubu came about their billion naira per kilometre figures for these roads they're building, which, if the Lekki-Epe expressway is to be used as a template, do not even include any bridges of note!!

I fear we are being fleeced in the name of development.

[size=20pt]It will be interesting to see if they're planning to "concession" this one too, maybe to a Fashola-related company this time, since Tinubu now owns Lekki-Epe expressway for the next 30 years!![/size]
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 1:36am On May 21, 2010
felele:

I have a question:

[size=20pt]How come this road, and the Lekki-Epe Expressway are so expensive N1bn+ per kilometre[/size]

The article posted says the road will cost N60b. The distance quoted cannot be more than 60km, if that. This means that this road will cost up to N1b per km. Federal Ministry of Works data says dual carriageways in Lagos should cost no more than N330m per km. An additional lane either side should therefore cost no more than about N150m per km, bringing the total for a 3 lane expressway to about N480m/km.

I did my calculations, and after allowing for the usual feeding fest that attends Nigerian contracts, came to about N300m/km for a dual carriageway road, which is not too far from the FMW's own figures. I'm at a loss to explain how Fash/Tinubu came about their billion naira per kilometre figures for these roads they're building, which, if the Lekki-Epe expressway is to be used as a template, do not even include any bridges of note!!

[size=20pt]It will be interesting to see if they're planning to "concession" this one too, maybe to a Fashola-related company this time, since Tinubu now owns Lekki-Epe expressway for the next 30 years!![/size]

I will not comment much on this, though it is amazing when comparing figures based on the article, but will still like to see the full details of the contract.
I just hope Fashola is not trying to sell the whole of Lagos to themselves? Time will tell.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:50am On May 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

Why sound so sarcastic! People have rights to use any part of Nigeria as example to buttress their points. In a forum like this, so long a thread is not derailed, points are argued for and against from all directions. For one to use another part of Nigeria as example means, he/she has travelled far and wide, and he/she is not holed up in one congested section of a NATION. Afterall, travelling is part of education.

His foreign and out of state example was irrelevant because this topic has nothing to do with whatever state he referenced. This is about Lagos State.

The government is different

The people are different

They have different level of social understanding and sophistication

They Don't award contracts in the same manner

They have different outlook and sense of responsibility

There are no white elephants and abandoned projects in The Great State Of Lagos.

Like I said, if you want to make a case about abandoned projects in Lagos state, show me one or two in Lagos State.

Governance and leadership  is not the same in every state, telling me about some abandoned projects in another state was totally off topic, it's absolutely worthless reasoning.

And this is for you as an example, is it safe to conclude that you a thief, corrupt and crooked person because some Nigerians are?

Some of you folks reason like a day old baby,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:52am On May 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

I will not comment much on this, though it is amazing when comparing figures based on the article, but will still like to see the full details of the contract.
I just hope Fashola is not trying to sell the whole of Lagos to themselves? Time will tell.

He did already, have you not heard about the billions of dollars in his swiss account? EFCC go arrest am tomorrow too,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 1:56am On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

He did already, have you not heard about the billions of dollars in his swiss account? EFCC go arrest am tomorrow too,

What baffles here is that, he has refused to be probed again!. This I guess might be the second time, if not the third.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 2:31am On May 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

What baffles here is that, he has refused to be probed again!. This I guess might be the second time, if not the third.

The man is a crook. I heard he's bribing the judges,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by SuperT(m): 2:38am On May 21, 2010
Quote from: Hardtalk on Today 01:56:41 AM
What baffles here is that, he has refused to be probed again!. This I guess might be the second time, if not the third

Why probe him? even the madman in the street know that man is performing.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by KnowAll(m): 8:42am On May 21, 2010
[size=16pt]How come this road, and the Lekki-Epe Expressway are so expensive N1bn+ per kilometre[/size]

[size=16pt]Well I have noting to say for or against Fashola and his God Father Tinunbu, but one thing I am happy about,  is that phantom Airport project of their’s have hit a brick wall, and it would have to be done with the co-operation of  a FG that they don’t seem to see eye to eye.  lipsrsealed

Road building is one of those statutory rights which both the states and feds have a stake and can solely initiate, develop and maintain, this right if anything would be explored and exercised to the maximum by the money grabbing loan sharks employed by Lagos State Government to the detriment of the millions in search of that famed but rather scarce $1 a day.

On this issue Tinunbu and Fashola are allowed to cull or eke out the maximum toll from the citizens of the state, whilst it is important not to disregard the terrain and the topographical make up of Lagos State, a combination of hard ground and swampy mangroves, the mind blowing figure of a billion Naira PER KM is delirious and unsettling to say the least. 

But then the project can been seen to be laudable unfortunately the God-fathers would be all smiles to the bank, who gives a damn anyway if one is able to move  from point A to B in record time.

After all that is what sets Lagos apart from the more advanced and develop cities, that ability to take 101 routes to a particular place without restrictions, it would be news worthy to note that there are only 3 routes from the mainland to the islands in Lagos,  a City that has a conservative estimates of a million motorist and cyclist.

The new road would be a welcome relief to suffering and smiling Lagosians, thumbs up and carry go Fashola.[/size]
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 11:51am On May 21, 2010
Super T:

Quote from: Hardtalk on Today 01:56:41 AM
Why probe him? even the madman in the street know that man is performing.

So, because a man is performing and stealing, he should not be probed? What a mentality?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:19pm On May 21, 2010
Otobroto:

So, because a man is performing and stealing, he should not be probed? What a mentality?

But do you have any proof that the man stole a dime and did the man asked not to be probed.

What mentality
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 1:45pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

But do you have any proof that the man stole a dime and did the man asked not to be probed.

What mentality

I wanted to believe that, you have not just landed from the space some minutes ago. If so, I lipsrsealed, but if otherwise, please learn how to gather facts, before rushing to NL to post them.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by ud4u: 3:10pm On May 21, 2010
Fash really want to turn Lagos around, Cudos to him
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 3:51pm On May 21, 2010
Otobroto:

I wanted to believe that, you have not just landed from the space some minutes ago. If so, I lipsrsealed, but if otherwise, please learn how to gather facts, before rushing to NL to post them.

Forget about my space journey and answer my question since you have all the facts. Please answer.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 3:54pm On May 21, 2010
Fashola Commissions 11 Projects In Badagry, Ojo in one single day,

Fashola Commissions 11 Projects In Badagry, Ojo
• Calls for peace among communities to enhance development

May 20, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Thursday commissioned a total of 11 projects in Badagry and Ojo Local Government areas with a call on the communities to keep the peace in order to enhance development.

In Badagry Local Government, the Governor handed over three major roads – Joseph Dosu Street, Old Cemetery Road and Market Street - and a Drivers' Institute in Badagry town, , a Micro Water Scheme in Apa, a Water Jetty in Igbo-Igele, a community hall in Ajara Agelaso while in Ojo Local Government Area, the Governor Fashola also handed over a network of three roads – Shibiri Etegbin Road, Imude Road and Ajangbadi-Ilogbo Road and a Mini Water Works in Ajangbadi town.

Speaking in Apa Community where he commissioned a Micro Water Scheme, Governor Fashola, who reminded the people that it was in fulfillment of his campaign promise to them, pointed out that the water scheme was one of the priority projects demanded by the people during the need assessment tour of the area.

Governor Fashola said in embarking on such projects, the State Government is conscious of the need to bring development to the rural communities in order to stem the tide of rural urban migration which, according to him, has created problems both locally and internationally.

According to him, "Rural urban migration has created slums in many cities not only in Nigeria but other countries of the world". It has added to the congestion problem in the urban areas and we know that it is not all of you that want to leave the rural areas if you have what you want here".

"If you have Education, if you have Healthcare, if you have water supply, if you have electricity, many of you want to live very simple lives with your families, with your children and this is what we have set out to do, to provide what you want, to provide Education, to provide primary healthcare centres, to provide integrated facilities that will help those who want to do business, the farmers, the food processors, the fishermen", the Governor said.

Handing over the project, Governor Fashola declared, "Make no mistake about it; this is not our solution to water supply in this area. This is a short term measure, to alleviate poverty, to stem water borne diseases, to give these little children the same chance that I had to live long to be somebody great".

Highlighting the Tourism potentials of Badagry while handing over other projects in other areas, the Governor said, "The prospects that this part of our State- Badagry- holds for the future of our State, for the future of our country, are enormous. I have said often times that not only do Badagry hold many opportunities; it holds the key for releasing the Tourism economy of Lagos". Adding, Tourism is about destination because if you can't get there then there is no Tourism".

"The tourism potentials of Badagry like the Zangbeto masquerades, the various historical points and places like the slaves relics can compete favourably with what is obtainable elsewhere", he said, adding that it is the same set of tourist attractions that people pay hard currency to travel overseas to watch as tourist sites.

The Governor reiterated that this is one of the reasons that informed the decision of the State Government to embark on the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway so as to make it easy to come in easily and go out without pains.

He expressed the commitment of the present administration to reach and meet the need of Lagosians and urged them to exercise patience, stressing that all parts of the State would feel the impact of the administration in one way or the other.

Calling on the people of Badagry to embrace peace at all times, Governor Fashola declared, "It is only in a peaceful atmosphere that development can thrive. There are several mechanism that could be made use of to resolve conflicts and you can embrace these mechanisms to ensure peace among you."

At the Ajangbadi Water Works, Governor Fashola said the Water Works represents the sixth Waterworks to be commissioned by the State since the beginning of the year, adding a total stock of 12million gallons till date.

He revealed that a total of 15 Water Works are being planned for the State as one half of the measures to improve water supply in the State.

"The other half is the improvement which has come into place at the Iju and Adiyan Water Works which is now producing almost 100 million gallons a day compared to the 35million it was producing before due to the provision of an Independent Power Project."

Governor Fashola reiterated that during the electioneering campaigns the people only asked for the upgrading of the Joseph Dosu and Market roads but that the State Government found it necessary to include Cemetery Road because of its belief that the road holds a key to the prosperity of the area because of its strategic importance to commerce and industry.

"Our State is growing in leaps and bounds. We are always thinking ahead. For all those who seek to come and live in our State, they are always welcome" Governor Fashola said.

Speaking earlier at the handing over of the Joseph Dosu Road, Cemetery Road and Market Street, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Ganiyu Johnson said in line with the standards set by Governor Fashola, the three roads have been rehabilitated and upgraded with walkways, street lights, drainage facilities and service ducts.

He added that the ancient town of Badagry is beginning to receive a facelift as quite a number of other works are still going on around the town while a few more are still in the pipeline and would commence very soon.

Also speaking at the handing over of Shibiri-Etegbin, Imude and Ajangbadi-Ilogbo roads in Ojo Local Government, the Special Adviser implored residents, road users, the corporate community and the CDAs to assume ownership of the roads and ensure that all forms of abuse, including cutting across or along the road are prevented as provisions have been made for service ducts to accommodate underground services.

The Governor who carried on with the commissions and handover of projects, which witnessed huge turn out of appreciative residents, in spite of rain showers at some of the venues was accompanied on the trips by members of the State Executive Council, members of the National Assembly representing Lagos, some members of the State House of Assembly, elected Local Government Councils and Local Council Development Areas Chairmen, leaders of the Action Congress and very enthusiastic members of the different host communities who trooped out in their thousands to witness the events.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 8:41pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

Attorney General moves to stop Fashola's probe
By Segun Balogun
May 11, 2010 02:08AM
print email

The letter written by the Attorney General of Lagos State, Supo Sasore, advising all ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) in the state not to appear today before the 7-man ad hoc committee investigating financial allegations made against the executive government of Lagos State met the fury of the lawmakers yesterday.

This has prompted the House to summon Mr. Sasore to appear before it today.

The probe committee is expecting the MDAs to present requested documents relevant to its assignment today but the attorney general, in his letter that was read at the plenary session of the House yesterday, advised the MDAs "that they are under a legal duty not to acquiesce in actions that may undermine the process of the Court of Appeal."

The continued sitting of the probe panel amounts to contempt of the court to the fact that there is an appeal suit and a pending motion for injunction on the investigation saga, as explained in the letter, which was written on the advice of Bamidele Aturu, a lawyer, to the attorney general.

Mr. Aturu in a letter written to the attorney general on May 6 asked the attorney general "to use your good offices to prevail upon the defendant (House of Assembly), if need be, by using your constitutional power, to ensure that [the defendant] does not do anything to frustrate the appeal and motion for injunction pending before the Court of Appeal."

Mr. Sasore, based on Mr. Aturu's advice, asked the probe committee to "await the outcome of the appeal case and the motion for injunction before the court of appeal."

Background

A Lagos High Court presided by Justice Abiru had on March 16, in the case Richard Akinola vs Lagos House of Assembly, dissolved a 5-man committee set up by the House to investigate allegations levelled against the executive government by The True Face of Lagos group because the House did not follow due process.

In its next sitting after the judgment, the House dissolved the committee but upon another allegation made by the same group, another 7-man committee was constituted.

An appeal was however filed by Mr. Akionla, even though he won at the High Court and a yet-to-be-granted injunction to stop the new committee was sought.

Bone of contention

As explained in his letter, Mr. Aturu, who is Mr. Akionla's lawyer, said they have gone to the Appeal Court because the High Court refused to construe the provision of section 128(a) and 128(b) of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as requested.

"In other words, the court did not agree with us that the power of the defendant to conduct investigation under section 128 must be predicated on the existence of a pending bill to make a new law or correct defects in existing law relating to the subject matter of investigation," he said.

Rising to oppose Mr. Aturu's claim, Sanai Agunbiade (Ikorodu constituency), who is a member of the probe committee, said the claim is only true for Section 128(a). He said Section 128(b) empowers the House to also hold investigation in order to expose corruption.

Mr. Agunbiade also said that the ministry of works and infrastructure had already obliged the probe panel the requested documents.

"I don't think there is anything in law or common sense that will stop the House from investigating allegations of corruption," said Adeyemi Ikuforiji, the Speaker of the House.

"The attorney general, who I have a lot of respect for as a complete gentleman, got it all wrong. He should be brought to this House [Tuesday] to explain what we don't already know."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5566806-147/story.csp
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 8:43pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

Nigeria: Fashola - Activist Seeks Court Order to Stop Probe

Ebele Akpeh10 February 2010

Lagos — A human rights activist, Mr. Richard Akinola has filed a suit before a Lagos High Court, Ikeja seeking for an order of perpetual injunction to stop the Lagos State House of Assembly from investigating the allegations of financial impropriety against the Governor Babatunde Fashola.

Akinola, through his counsel, Mr. Bamidele Aturu filed an originating summons before the court that within 42 days after service of the summons to the defendant be represented in the suit so that the court will determine if it was lawful for it to set-up a six -man committee to investigate an allegation of which they are also guilt off.

In his suit filed before the court Akinola his seeking a declaration that having regards to the surrounding circumstances the investigation by the defendant of allegations of financial impropriety leveled against the Executive and Legislative arms of Lagos State Government is tainted with bias and programmed to a predetermined end.

According to the activist, the question for determination is whether the Lagos State House of Assembly (defendants) can validly or lawfully investigate or cause to be investigated allegation or financial impropriety leveled against the Executive and Legislative arms of Lagos State Government published by one of the national dailies entitled 'The True Face of Lagos' outside the purview of Section 128(2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.

"A declaration that the decision of the defendant to set up a six man committee or any committee at all to investigate allegations of financial impropriety leveled against the Executive and Legislative arms of Lagos State Government is in violent and fundamental violation of the principles of natural justice and is therefore unconstitutional, unlawful, illegal, unfair, malicious and of no effect whatsoever," he said.

Akinola also wants the court to determine whether it was not a violent violation of the principles of natural justice for the defendants to investigate allegations of financial impropriety leveled against the Executive and Legislative arms of Lagos State Government.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002110596.html
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 8:51pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

Again, court stops Lagos Assembly from probing Fashola
By Tony Amokeodo
Thursday, 20 May 2010

FASHOLA
A Lagos High Court in Ikeja on Wednesday renewed its order of May 11 restraining the Lagos State House of Assembly from probing the alleged financial impropriety levelled against Governor Babatunde Fashola administration by a group, The True Face of Lagos.

Justice Opeyemi Oke also held in her short ruling that the interim order restraining the Assembly’s seven-man Ad-hoc committee and its agents from proceeding with its probe is still subsisting.

The development came just as the Lagos Assembly was said to have replaced a Lagos-based-lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo, as a new lawyer, Mr. Sola Oludipe, announced his appearance for the lawmakers on Wednesday.

A journalist and human rights activist, Mr. Richard Akinnola, had filed an ex-parte application against the Assembly, asking the court to restrain it from going ahead with its probe on the grounds that there was a pending appeal at the Court of Appeal in Lagos over part of the judgment of Justice Habeeb Abiru of Lagos High Court in Ikorodu on the matter.

The court consequently granted the application and restrained the Assembly accordingly.

When the matter came up on Wednesday, Oludipe told the court that he would be seeking an elastic adjournment to respond to the application.

Oludipe further informed the court that, “Since the parties in the suit are one family who are at the vanguard of improving Lagos State, it is necessary to reconcile amicably.

“We are looking at the possibilities of talking to parties, because the people of Lagos State will be most affected in this matter.”

Justice Oke cut in at this stage and said, “ You have just informed the court that the issue can be resolved. That is a welcome development because I am an advocate of Alternate Disputes Resolution.”

In his response, lawyer to Akinnola, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, told the court that, “The issue involves Lagosians and Nigerians as a whole. If my learned friend is approaching the matter with a view to resolving the case, we are ready.”

The judge later adjourned the case till June 23.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010052011145748
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 8:53pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

FASHOLA
A Lagos High Court in Ikeja on Wednesday renewed its order of May 11 restraining the Lagos State House of Assembly from probing the alleged financial impropriety levelled against Governor Babatunde Fashola administration by a group, The True Face of Lagos.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 9:05pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

From Post of Felele:

I have a question:

How come this road, and the Lekki-Epe Expressway are so expensive N1bn+ per kilometre

N1billion for one 1kilometer of road, as quoted by Felele. What a huge embezzlement if it is true. Are these not some reasons for his being probed?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 9:09pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

What mentality

How many more do I have to post, to convince or maybe confuse you, that he is not a saint? All these stop probe calls, who is indirectly sponsoring them?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 11:14pm On May 21, 2010
Otobroto:

How many more do I have to post, to convince or maybe confuse you, that he is not a saint? All these stop probe calls, who is indirectly sponsoring them?

I asked you to show proof that he stole money, not to come up with the same tired and baseless nonsense.

Show me where he stole money,how much he stole and where he kept the money or go peddle your crap elsewhere.

And what's a citizen of Lagos State's lawsuit against the probe got to do with Fashola?

Instead of the same innuendos, why don't you just go ahead and tell us that Fashola is behind the injunctions, also make sure to tell us how he did it, how much he's paying to have it done and who he's paying.

I'm counting on the fact that you have all the facts, so please don't disappoint, show us your proof and facts.

And if you still don't have any, maybe you need to keep quiet and go find something better to do with your time.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 11:18pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

I asked you to show proof that he stole money, not to come up with the same tired and baseless nonsense.

Show me where he stole money,how much he stole and where he kept the money or go peddle your crap elsewhere.

And what's a citizen of Lagos State's lawsuit against the probe got to do with Fashola?

Instead of the same innuendos, why don't you just go ahead and tell us that Fashola is behind the injunctions, also make sure to tell us how he did it, how much he's paying to have it done and who he's paying.

I'm counting on the fact that you have all the facts, so please don't disappoint, show us your proof and facts.

And if you still don't have any, maybe you need to keep quiet and go find something better to do with your time.

If indeed you made the above comment, I am disappointed.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 11:43pm On May 21, 2010
babapupa:

Which fact are you looking for again. Where on earth will you see any leader openly steal any money? Why do some people always post comments without thinking twice? IBB looted enough, where did they tell me and you that, he personally stole money? Abacha even minted enough local currency, where was it said, that Abacha was caught with any specific amount of money. I may not want to mention OBJ here, becos his stealing artistry is till fresh. Please contribute reasonably, and stop chasing shadows.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 11:52pm On May 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

Which fact are you looking for again. Where on earth will you see any leader openly steal any money? Why do some people always post comments without thinking twice? IBB looted enough, where did they tell me and you that, he personally stole money? Abacha even minted enough local currency, where was it said, that Abacha was caught with any specific amount of money. I may not want to mention OBJ here, becos his stealing artistry is till fresh. Please contribute reasonably, and stop chasing shadows.

Please tell this fellow, who seems to be a strange man on planet earth.
Stealing in Nigeria, has caught the attention of the world, such that, it might be inculcated in school curriculum.
The The acrobatic artistry formula applied in sucking the nation dry, can never be rivalled even by the latest world technology.
It will then be a shame for a man to come here, and be expecting a direct steal-and-be-caught case.
Well, I may forgive an Alien here, as I said earlier. Perhaps, I am arguing with one.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 12:26am On May 22, 2010
Otobroto:

Please tell this fellow, who seems to be a strange man on planet earth.
Stealing in Nigeria, has caught the attention of the world, such that, it might be inculcated in school curriculum.
The The acrobatic artistry formula applied in sucking the nation dry, can never be rivalled even by the latest world technology.
It will then be a shame for a man to come here, and be expecting a direct steal-and-be-caught case.
Well, I may forgive an Alien here, as I said earlier. Perhaps, I am arguing with one.

From planet Pluto I guess? grin shocked grin
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:04am On May 22, 2010
Otobroto:

If indeed you made the above comment, I am disappointed.

Trust me, I'm trying very hard to flow with what you're peddling.

Is it your understanding that Fashola is a thief because some folks made some unsubstantiated accusations?

Is it your understanding that you, any Lagosian/civil servant could be called or labeled a crook without trial or conviction by any court, crime fighting agency or the legislature just because some people claimed so?

Is it your understanding that because the State judiciary is asking the State house to follow due process in the true spirit of democracy = Fashola don't want to be probed?

Look here, I know you guys are dying to head back to the Jungulistic anything goes Lagos of pre-Fashola, the is new Lagos where every citizen of Lagos state is blessed with constitutional rights, protection and due process.

You posted some story about the AG asking the folks under him and within the state Government not to participate in illegal probe and activities because of judicial injunction by a state court. He is basically doing his rightful duty by making sure that the court ruling is recognized and should be honored. Again, this is new Lagos where people obey the laws of the land.

If Fashola is guilty of any crime, the EFCC is there and they are investigating the Governor, the state legislature is capable of getting to the bottom of the matter, they just need to follow state rules and obey state laws and respect the judiciary.

You are here claiming that the governor is a crook, but till this very minute, you are yet to show me what he stole, just allegations about inflated contracts. Even the people making the allegations don't have any thing to back up there claim.

You guys are nothing but distraction and a big waste of time, you reason like elementary school kids.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:11am On May 22, 2010
Hardtalk:

Which fact are you looking for again. Where on earth will you see any leader openly steal any money? Why do some people always post comments without thinking twice? IBB looted enough, where did they tell me and you that, he personally stole money? Abacha even minted enough local currency, where was it said, that Abacha was caught with any specific amount of money. I may not want to mention OBJ here, becos his stealing artistry is till fresh. Please contributre reasonably, and stop chasing shadows.

So, in your superb summation and in today's Nigeria, we don't need any proof, we don't need any evidence, we don't need any trial, we should just make allegations and lock people away, including you if such allegation was ever made against you?

Is this your warped and demented reasoning?

Some of you need to at least pretend you saw the four corner walls of a school.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 1:31am On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

Trust me, I'm trying very hard to flow with what you're peddling.

Is it your understanding that Fashola is a thief because some folks made some unsubstantiated accusations?

Is it your understanding that you, any Lagosian/civil servant could be called or labeled a crook without trial or conviction by any court, crime fighting agency or the legislature just because some people claimed so?

Is it your understanding that because the State judiciary is asking the State house to follow due process in the true spirit of democracy = Fashola don't want to be probed?

Look here, I know you guys are dying to head back to the Jungulistic anything goes Lagos of pre-Fashola, the is new Lagos where every citizen of Lagos state is blessed with constitutional rights, protection and due process.

You posted some story about the AG asking the folks under him and within the state Government not to participate in illegal probe and activities because of judicial injunction by a state court. He is basically doing his rightful duty by making sure that the court ruling is recognized and should be honored. Again, this is new Lagos where people obey the laws of the land.

If Fashola is guilty of any crime, the EFCC is there and they are investigating the Governor, the state legislature is capable of getting to the bottom of the matter, they just need to follow state rules and obey state laws and respect the judiciary.

You are here claiming that the governor is a crook, but till this very minute, you are yet to show me what he stole, just allegations about inflated contracts. Even the people making the allegations don't have any thing to back up there claim.

You guys are nothing but distraction and a big waste of time, you reason like elementary school kids.

May be I am the only one here that knows that, those allegations have been backed up with evidences, which has made the governor through his supporters, rush back to the court for reaffirmation of the court order stopping the probe. I am also aware that, a person is not guilty until found to be one in the court of law.May be because I did not use the word "alleged", that is why you are confused. Please you can read back, and help attach allege(d), where necessary.
Thanks.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 1:40am On May 22, 2010
Otobroto:

May be I am the only one here that knows that, those allegations have been backed up with evidences, which has made the governor through his supporters, rush back to the court for reaffirmation of the court order stopping the probe. I am also aware that, a person is not guilty until found to be one in the court of law.May be because I did not use the word "alleged", that is why you are confused. Please you can read back, and help attach allege(d), where necessary.
Thanks.

Must you lie just to prove a silly point?

Ok let me ask one more time, please show us the evidence or direct us to where ever it's at.

Btw, I'm not confused, I was basically calling you out and highlighting all your pointless and worthless assertions.

Like I said, you guys are nothing but a big waste of time,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 1:49am On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

So, in your superb summation and in today's Nigeria, we don't need any proof, we don't need any evidence, we don't need any trial, we should just make allegations and lock people away, including you if such allegation was ever made against you?

Is this your warped and demented reasoning?

Some of you need to at least pretend you saw the four corner walls of a school.

With the overwhelming proof against IBB, has he ever accepted the fact he stole? Even with the stealing artistry of OBJ which may never be rivalled, has he ever accepted that his government was the most corrupt ever in the nation? Evidences are everywhere bro!. All we need in this nation, is a government, that has the will power to probe all these thieves, and intending thieves.

When government told us, they could not find Okigbo panel report, did we not present it? Why is Fashola preventing the probe should be the issue here, and nothing more. Evidences are abound, and once the panel set up calls for evidences, they will be overwhelmed. Let him for once allow the probe process, and the rest will be history!. As for my educational status, do I look like an half-baked stuff? I really dont want to talk much here, so I will not sound a bit derogatory!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister / 2,000 Pvcs Seized From Expatriates In Lagos / Anniversary: BAN Is Nigeria's Biggest Movement - Yahaya Bello Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.