Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road (9943 Views)

Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On May 25, 2010
paddy_lo:

U just like to act dumb sometimes. . .

If i have a contract i have to renew every yr. .of course i can choose not to renew it next yr
Things like congressional earmarks are yearly events that Obama wants to cut out of the budget

But if i have a 5yr already signed valid contract,there is no way it can be cancelled
because i have sourced for funds to build,and hired people. . If u cancel my contract i will sue u for lost wages and breach of contract
u know that,stop trying to confuse Nigerians please

Regardless of how long contracts are for, depending on the TERMS and conditions of the contract, they can either be reviewed, renewed or even cancelled. No contract, unless specified, is IRONCLAD! Even 20-year contracts can be cancelled. It is not unheard of!

Again, you have yet to substantiate the claims you made of this contract. All you have done is continuously tell us it cannot be this or that, but not shown where exactly that has been put down and signed as part of this contract. Contracts are reviewed by governments -- Your president did it and he was not breaking the law when he did. The Terms and conditions of this contract is what you are trying to argue here, and you HAVE NOT, so far, shown that you have knowledge of what they are in the first place, even though you freely pretend to be an authority on this. Whenever you get the facts, let us know.

Again, try GOOGLING without bias and the many twists, for information.

Back to this issue, as people who live in the affected area have said, not all persons in Lekki can afford it and that is one of the reason why there are complaints. The blanketting statements you continue to make, while I have come to expect from your person, are outrageous and indications that you are probably out of touch yourself when it comes to the conditions of the people in the area -- heck in any area in Lagos considering you do this on most every LAGOS related thread.

Again, I understand your desperation to protect this governor at all cost, but it is ok, sometimes to just let people speak and accept you do not have it all figured out. This is democracy at work here -- for someone who claims to know of how it works in the west, why are you unwilling to let it work in this case yourself? The thing that baffles me is they are not even calling for the project to be cancelled, yet you are trying to argue that because you assume it cannot be cancelled, means nothing can be done by the current governor. That does not even compute!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 5:56pm On May 25, 2010
paddy_lo:

My dear this is a 50km long road. . .do u know how long 50kms is?
u can blow at top speed of 50km/hr and it will still take u close to an hour to traverse the whole length
Lekki is not just a residential area,its commercial and has many companies,hotels,oil companies and banks opening up in that axis

[b]also if u have any sense
u will know that not everyone will be affected by the 3 tolls
as u may just need to pass one toll to reach your house[/b]

Excuse me? please look at the bolded, im not on nairaland to exchange insults ok, pls get that

I live before just b4 chevron but go to vgc  practically everyday (if you know lekki at all, ull know that i would have to go past and pay at 2 of the 3 tolls, people that live as far as crown estate or close to the pan african university and work on the mainland will have to go past the three toll gates. and the same goes for people visiting them, now tell me since you are very sensible, just how they can beat going past the three tolls?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by paddylo1(m): 8:28pm On May 25, 2010
I live before just b4 chevron but go to vgc  practically everyday (if you know lekki at all, ull know that i would have to go past and pay at 2 of the 3 tolls, people that live as far as crown estate or close to the pan african university and work on the mainland will have to go past the three toll gates. and the same goes for people visiting them, now tell me since you are very sensible, just how they can beat going past the three tolls?

[b]Ok expand your horizons.  , if u dont know say u dont knoW

Have u ever heard of eazy pass?
well its a situation where u pre pay your toll monthly or yrly as u choose
and u can pass as many times as u like in a day

so if u are someone that has to be in lekki daily u choose that option and there is an express lane at the toll booth
where u just zip pass,

now if u have no business being in lekki,or you go there say once a week,then u just go through the cash toll
Bottom line,your complaints are not very productive right now

Let the road be built,and let them set the toll rates,and see how much it is then if unreasonable i will join u in complaining
But the people building this road had to source $300million from overseas banks just to execute it

The lagos state Govt is not spending much of their own money on this
Its capitalism. . . In states like illinois in USA,foreign firms are buying bridges and tolling it
In jersey the same thing is happening. . .Govts are cash strapped worldwide

If u have CNN on your tv. . watch it or go online and see what is happening in europe right now
So be happy ppl are bringing in funds to invest in roads in Lagos
If it was so easy,it would have been built since 1990. . .[/b]
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 9:57pm On May 25, 2010
I totally understand where you're coming from and I'm all for the road expansion (even if its only being expanded for one lane on each side), but my concern is the 3 toll booths, lekki epe expressway is not even as long as the lagos ibadan exp way, its predominantly residential and will prolly still not be traffic free as the expansion is only by a lane on each side. How do you then justify three toll booths on that road. If I live in surulere and work in pan african university, should I have to drive past 3 booths on dsame road before getting to my destination? Also, why has no alternative road being constructed to at least give pple an option.? Even lekki residents are kicking against, 1 poll booth is enough to generate the revenue they need, 2 booths we can live with, but 3? Haba! That's a bit unnecessary
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Enjoyment1(f): 11:30pm On May 25, 2010
indie22:

I totally understand where you're coming from and I'm all for the road expansion (even if its only being expanded for one lane on each side), but my concern is the 3 toll booths, lekki epe expressway is not even as long as the lagos ibadan exp way, its predominantly residential and will prolly still not be traffic free as the expansion is only by a lane on each side. How do you then justify three toll booths on that road. If I live in surulere and work in pan african university, should I have to drive past 3 booths on dsame road before getting to my destination? Also, why has no alternative road being constructed to at least give pple an option.? Even lekki residents are kicking against, 1 poll booth is enough to generate the revenue they need, 2 booths we can live with, but 3? Haba! That's a bit unnecessary

This is serious oh!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by felele(m): 12:15am On May 26, 2010
[size=20pt]Paddy Lo, could you please explain to this forum, and the world, why this road is costing N1 billion/km when the Federal Ministry of Works says it's figure for the Niger Delta and Lagos is N330m/km[/size]
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 12:17am On May 26, 2010
indie22:

Excuse me? please look at the bolded, im not on nairaland to exchange insults ok, pls get that

I live before just b4 chevron but go to vgc  practically everyday (if you know lekki at all, ull know that i would have to go past and pay at 2 of the 3 tolls, people that live as far as crown estate or close to the pan african university and work on the mainland will have to go past the three toll gates. and the same goes for people visiting them, now tell me since you are very sensible, just how they can beat going past the three tolls?

Dear, take it easy. People need to learn how to argue on a forum. Retreating to insult does not portray a person to be well brought up.
People need to be cautious about their comments.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On May 26, 2010
@Felele, na the contract you wan see or wetin? If you are looking for real answers, you are probably best emailing the state directly for answers because if you have noticed, what we get here is more mouth fluff . . . and internet cut and paste, nothing more.

I would personally not be surprised if that project ends up being a multi-year contract(at least 5, I would hope) to not only build the roads, but maintain them over that period. But then again, this is the same country where a company was paid about $4 million for a 5 KM road/Bridge that never was, and house members allocated billions to runway construction project. It could be an error.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Oboma1(m): 1:17am On May 26, 2010
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by paddylo1(m): 1:24am On May 26, 2010
Paddy Lo, could you please explain to this forum, and the world, why this road is costing N1 billion/km when the Federal Ministry of Works says it's figure for the Niger Delta and Lagos is N330m/km

Probably because the people building the road had to source most of the funds themselves,by raising debt and equity from overseas. . and also manage/maintain the road for the next 30yrs
I dont have the full contract details but u can find more in the link below

http://www.lcc.com.ng/Projects/Faq.aspx?l=11&p=5&pixType=1
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 3:07pm On May 26, 2010
paddy lo.

Why bother with these noisy distractions? Even if God comes waka down and give Fashola a pat on the back, these clowns go still have something to say. It's basically the nature of the beast. Their villages are in ruins and this is the only avenue of consolation for them.

There's a lot of great things going on in Lagos and that's what we should keep highlighting while we ignore their baseless noise and distractions,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 3:07pm On May 26, 2010
May 25, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday handed over eight major roads and a two million gallon capacity Water Works to the people, promising that the phase two of the Adiyan Mini Water Works with a capacity for 75 million gallons of water a day is on the way.

Governor Fashola who spoke at Meiran in continuation of his delivery of dividends of democracy to the people of Lagos where he handed over a two million gallon capacity Mini Water Works said the phase two is expected to complement the water output at the Adiyan one Waterworks.

He added that the Meiran Water Works represents the seventh to be handed over by the present administration since the beginning of this year listing them as in Ojo, Mende, Epe, Isheri-Oshun, Magodo and Ajegunle.

The Governor explained that in order to ensure that residents of Meiran get the water supplied to their residences, a reticulation of about five kilometers have been put in place by the water Corporation.

He was certain that the issue of people carrying pails and buckets across several kilometres in search of portable is becoming a thing of the past with the efforts of the State Government in providing pipe-borne water for its teeming residents.

Governor Fashola while handing over the Abule Egba/Ekoro/Agbelekale road told the residents that it is because of the intention of the Government to ensure that the same quality service enjoyed by people living in Victoria Island and Ikoyi is replicated in Meiran that the road is being handled by the same contractor Hitech that has handled similar ones in other parts of the State.

He said while the Government would continue to ensure that it provides a qualitative piece of life to the people, it would be their responsibility to encourage the administration by ensuring that they pay their taxes regularly.

The Governor urged the people to always obtain building approvals before they commence construction of any structure, adding that when people build without approved plans it often leads to distortion of the masterplan.

He also said the various developmental projects and infrastructural improvement across the State have led to the empowerment of several classes of people, affirming that cost of renting houses in the Ekoro and Abule Egba area has gone up considerably following the construction of the roads. He however appealed to the landlord to be considerate in charging new rates.

He urged the residents of areas that have not been touched by government to exercise patience, saying that all parts of the State would feel the presence of the government.

The Governor also urged motorists to take cognizance of the pedestrians on the walkways provided on the roads, reminding them that pedestrians as tax payers also have a right to use the walkways unhindered.

Said he: "Our work has just started. Please let everyone be patient with us. We will construct the roads in phases and ensure that they interlink. We cannot construct roads that lead nowhere. They must be linked."

The Lagos State helmsman told the audience that as long as the people kept faith with the party of ideas which is the Action Congress, more goodies are still on the way coming for the people and will happen during their lifetime.

At the Mancity/Olaniyi road in Ifako Ijaiye, Governor Fashola commended the spirit of service of the Local Government Chairmen in the area both past and present for being selfless and always placing service to the community above all other considerations.

While emphasizing his call for peaceful coexistence, Governor Fashola said as long as the people keep the peace, respect each other's religious, ethnic beliefs and respect leaders in the society, nothing would be impossible to achieve in Lagos State.

Speaking at the handing over of the Mancity/Olaniyi road, the Chairman of the Ifako Ijaiye Local Government, Mr Adeyemi Olabinjo thanked the Governor for coming to the aid of the people of the area in providing a grade A road that would help reduce pressure on the Lagos Abeokuta Express Way.

Mr Olabinjo said in line with the welfarist posture of Governor Fashola, he ruled against toll collection on the road by the Local Government, pleading with Governor Fashola to assist the council with other major roads in the area.

Also speaking at the Ekoro road handing over, a community leader in the area, Chief Kola Ogunjale commended the Governor for bringing smiles and comfort to the residents of the area, saying his feat is unparallelled nationwide.

He added that with his experience across several nations of the world, Governor Fashola is a leader who is different and uncommon and prayed for longevity for everyone to be able to witness the transformation which Lagos is experiencing through the Governor.

Governor Fashola who also drove through the Iju road which is undergoing construction was accompanied on the handing over trip by the Deputy Governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, members of the State Executive Council, members of the State House of Assembly, Local Government Council and Local Council Development Areas Chairmen, Osun State Governorship candidate of the Action Congress in the 2007 elections, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola, National Assembly members representing the State, party leaders, community leaders and very appreciative members of host communities who came out to cheer the Governor at the various event venues.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Oboma1(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2010
Soon, I will start a new thread titled, "Are Nigerians Biased Judges". This thread has shown that, there are many Nigerians that their sense of reasoning is heavily clouded by sentiment, and emotion. E.g. Lastpage. He openly admitted he is a biased judge, even when trying to summarise a thread. Many are scattered all over this thread.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Enjoyment1(f): 3:53pm On May 26, 2010
Oboma1:

Soon, I will start a new thread titled, "Are Nigerians Biased Judges". This thread has shown that, there are many Nigerians that their sense of reasoning is heavily clouded by sentiment, and emotion. E.g. Lastpage. He openly admitted he is a biased judge, even when trying to summarise a thread. Many are scattered all over this thread.

Words of wisdom.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 2:29am On May 27, 2010
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 11:21am On May 28, 2010
Oboma1:

Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 10:51pm On May 31, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Words of wisdom.

Let the thread start fast!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by IYaeto(f): 1:20am On Feb 18, 2011
I hope it doesn't turn out to be like that of LCC oo, as in the Lekki Toll gate an d the legal mess. Proper consultation and representation with all the stake holders and residents of the axis should be done before the state government start signing contracts with any consortium or investors o.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Feb 18, 2011
Otobroto:

Dear, take it easy. People need to learn how to argue on a forum. [size=13pt]Retreating to insult does not portray a person to be well brought up[/size].
People need to be cautious about their comments.

Telling them this, they automatically construe that to mean you insult their mama and papa, not realizing that is essentially what they do when they resort to useless insults that only make them appear dense and unreachable.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 2:59am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Telling them this, they automatically construe that to mean you insult their mama and papa, not realizing that is essentially what they do when they resort to useless insults that only make them appear dense and unreachable.

When you insert mama and papa for any reason into any convo, in what way are you better than the folks you're are talking about? You are obviously an hypocrite.

Trivializing mama and mama by inserting them into convos the way you do is not only childish and unjustifiable in any sense, it basically says you have no respect for yours and other people's and you're willing yo throw it around carelessness.

Getting cornered during arguments should never be an excuse for such display. Look in the mirror first before pointing fingers.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 3:03am On Feb 18, 2011
You insult your upbringing --- you insult your mama and papa.

I am not about to start sounding politically correct for persons who themselves do not care.

shocked  "ooohh!!! I've got to be couth to the uncouth now? Omgosh . . . who makes up these rules? wait a minute, the uncouth?? " . . . . [size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by fstranger3(m): 3:24am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^ Stop being a puccy, why dont you just mention names

Just STFU on anything regarding Ikorodu because you have never lived there and have no Idea what is going on there.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 3:32am On Feb 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You insult your upbringing --- you insult your mama and papa.

I am not about to start sounding politically correct for persons who themselves do not care.

shocked  ooohh!!! now I've got to be couth to the uncouth . . . . [size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]

It doesn't matter how many times you come up with the same tired silly ROFLMAO routine, I wasn't expecting nothing but just that, that's you and your limitations.

All I'm reading is you re-asserting that you are too childish and sissy to function in any dialogue without without mama and papa insults.

Silly hypocrite talking about insults.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by fstranger3(m): 3:38am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^^

Babapupa, dont mind her.

Continue with your good work. Eko o ni baje ooo

Kobo can be annoying sometimes.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Feb 18, 2011
Again  admitting the problems with comprehension but somehow kobojunkie is still to blame for it.

"KoboJunkie needs permission from them to laugh"  . . . . shocked shocked

"Kobojunkie cannot ask questions of any kind as it will ALWAYS  misconstrued by those with reading issues as a direct onslaught on their intelligence"

"Kobojunkie even saying anything is construed as hypocritical talk by those who seem to have no idea what the word even means, let alone it's correct application"

"Kobojunkie typing on nairaland is the reason why so many of them lack the ability to think critically, even to save their own lives"

sad sad sad sad sad

hmm . . . What is kobojunkie to do about these internet attack dogs who seem consumed 24/7 with all things Kobojunkie?

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!!!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 4:05am On Feb 18, 2011
Like I said, I wasn't expecting much from you but the same lame and pointless talk.

What's so hypocritical about bringing mama and papa into online discussion? Keep that nonsense to yourself.

Mama and papa shouldn't be part of any conversation and if the fact remains that yours don't mean much to you, why address others with mama and papa regardless of your pointless and meaningless hypothetical?

What purpose or reason if not to insult and demean?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Feb 18, 2011
^^^ WOW  . . . you really think YOU MAKE THE RULES, don't you? shocked shocked shocked shocked

So it is ok for you to go around insulting others just for not thinking/processing information exactly as you do, believing you insult and demean them but it is not ok for them to point out what they believe instead to you? WOW  . . . you really do think you make the rules!  undecided lipsrsealed undecided

I don't bring your mama and papa into it . . . you do that all by yourself by your own words. Again, learn to comprehend what is typed. You insult your parents when you go out INSULTING OTHERS thinking it is your birthright  . .  SIMPLE!!! You may not like it, but you don't get to make the rules . . . it is what it is, and if you do not believe it, then you should not mind when people point it out.  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 4:11am On Feb 18, 2011
What else is new?

Same ol' pointless and meandering nonsense. You are worse than a 2 year old.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Feb 18, 2011
Now  the person that started us down the NONSENSE track pretends it is kobojunkie's fault  . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by DisGuy: 4:26am On Feb 18, 2011
When

is it in the new budget yet or design is still being studied?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 4:42am On Feb 18, 2011
Didn't know you're delusional too.

Who brought up mama and papa?

Me? You really need to quit the silly and played out redundant routine, you are obviously fooling yourself.

No wonder they call you a nuisance,
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by EkoIle1: 4:46am On Feb 18, 2011
Dis Guy:

When

is it in the new budget yet or design is still being studied?

My best guess is it's being studied or waiting for a PPP to step in. It's def' not part of the new budget.

I'll seek and post any available info about the project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Show Us Your Constituency Projects, Uko Nkole Challenges Sen. Ohuabunwa / Anti-Open Grazing Bill Scales Second Reading In Akwa Ibom Assembly / Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.