Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road (9945 Views)

Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 1:55am On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

Must you lie just to prove a silly point?

Ok let me ask one more time, please show us the evidence or direct us to where ever it's at.

Btw, I'm not confused, I was basically calling you out and highlighting all your pointless and worthless assertions.

Like I said, you guys are nothing but a big waste of time,

Evidence that TRUE FACE OF LAGOS HAVE STARTED SUBMITTING EVIDENCES, AND MORE IF ALLOWED:

Fashola: True face of Lagos presents documents to probe panel
By Oziegbe Okoeki Published 28/04/2010 News Rating:

A group, True face of Lagos, yesterday asked the Lagos State House of Assembly to hasten its probe of Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) based on its catalogue of allegations.

Led by its President Mr. Adeshina Adebayo, members of the group told the Ad-hoc committee of the House set up to investigate the allegations promised to tender all the documentary evidence to backup their claims.

Adeshina presented to the committee two documents detailing the contracts awarded by the ministries of Works and Health, maintaining that an account should be properly rendered.

He said it was wrong for one company, Deux to get 11 out of 19 contracts which it failed to execute to specification despite the fact that it had collected 50 – 70 per cent down payment.

Some of the allegations, like the N250million to NBA, N420m for private security, huge amount spent on beautification and the importation of palm trees from Niger Republic, Adeshina said are moral burden on the government, because the funds could have been expended on more pressing needs of the people.

He said the group could not come with more documents for security reasons as they were at different locations due to series of attack on his premises.

Although, he said documents for all the allegations cannot be presented, he however promised that he would come with more documents when next he appears before the panel.

Quizzed on how he came about the documents, Adeshina said he got them from some patriotic individuals within the state civil service, "which triggered off our action when we were convinced that many of the allegations could stand the test of time". But he refused to disclose who the individuals are.

According to him, majority of the issues, has to do with following due process and the House not giving approval for some of the expenditures.

Members of the committee were however, not too happy with the presentation as they expected the group to be more forthcoming with facts.

According to Hon. Sanai Agunbiade, we want you to prove to Lagosians and Nigerians that these allegations are not baseless because this has actually heated up the polity.

The Chairman of the committee who is also the Deputy Majority Leader, Hon. Ajibayo Adeyeye, advised the group leader to see committee members privately if he has some information he cannot disclose publicly, "as much as possible we want evidences to back up most of these allegations", Adeyeye said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/44574/1/Fashola-True-face-of-Lagos-presents-documents-to-probe-panel-/Page1.html
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 2:21am On May 22, 2010
Guy, instead of engaging in red-herring and other diversionary antics, tell Lagos State Government and Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola to brace up to the challenge of working assiduously in clearing his name, so all those directly or remotely connected with the allegation of corruption and fraud must be probed. After all, this will not be the first government or governor that will come under close scrutiny in Nigeria. It would be recalled that Chief Obafemi Awolowo faced the Coker Commission of Inquiry, the late Owelle of Onitsha, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe appeared before the Watson Commission of Enquiry, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the immediate Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria faced the Senate Committee that probed the activities of PTDF, Chief Bola Ige faced Senate Power Sector Probe, Dr. Olusegun Agagu and Governor Imoke faced the Power Sector probe panel of the House of Representatives, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu faced the Lagos State House of Assembly probe panel and there are so many other similar instance. So, why is Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola and Justice Abiru trying to block the course of justice?

Some of the above probe panels could go for a kangaroo setting, but atleast one was even organised to serve the purpose. Why is Fashola shutting all doors?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 2:45am On May 22, 2010
It seems Babapupa is really overwhelmed here, so he has decided to abscond. Nice one dude, you tried! grin
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by babapupa: 3:00am On May 22, 2010
Otobroto:

Evidence that TRUE FACE OF LAGOS HAVE STARTED SUBMITTING EVIDENCES, AND MORE IF ALLOWED:

A group, True face of Lagos, yesterday asked the Lagos State House of Assembly to hasten its probe of Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) based on its catalogue of allegations.

Led by its President Mr. Adeshina Adebayo, members of the group told the Ad-hoc committee of the House set up to investigate the allegations promised to tender all the documentary evidence to backup their claims.

Adeshina presented to the committee two documents detailing the contracts awarded by the ministries of Works and Health, maintaining that an account should be properly rendered.

He said it was wrong for one company, Deux to get 11 out of 19 contracts which it failed to execute to specification despite the fact that it had collected 50 – 70 per cent down payment.

Some of the allegations, like the N250million to NBA, N420m for private security, huge amount spent on beautification and the importation of palm trees from Niger Republic, Adeshina said are moral burden on the government, because the funds could have been expended on more pressing needs of the people.

He said the group could not come with more documents for security reasons as they were at different locations due to series of attack on his premises.

Although, he said documents for all the allegations cannot be presented, he however promised that he would come with more documents when next he appears before the panel.

Quizzed on how he came about the documents, Adeshina said he got them from some patriotic individuals within the state civil service, "which triggered off our action when we were convinced that many of the allegations could stand the test of time". But he refused to disclose who the individuals are.

According to him, majority of the issues, has to do with following due process and the House not giving approval for some of the expenditures.

Members of the committee were however, not too happy with the presentation as they expected the group to be more forthcoming with facts.

According to Hon. Sanai Agunbiade, we want you to prove to Lagosians and Nigerians that these allegations are not baseless because this has actually heated up the polity.

The Chairman of the committee who is also the Deputy Majority Leader, Hon. Ajibayo Adeyeye, advised the group leader to see committee members privately if he has some information he cannot disclose publicly, "as much as possible we want evidences to back up most of these allegations", Adeyeye said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/44574/1/Fashola-True-face-of-Lagos-presents-documents-to-probe-panel-/Page1.html

So, this is your evidence that Fashola stole money?

When you are able to come up with something about the Governor stealing money and locate the money, until he gets convicted in a court of law, by the EFCC, by the state legislature, the nonsense you posted up there shall remain nothing but nonsense.

Ya''ll need to go find something better to do with your time.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Hardtalk: 3:15am On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

When you are able to come up with something about the Governor stealing money and locate the money, until he gets convicted in a court of law, by the EFCC, by the state legislature, the nonsense you posted up there shall remain nothing but nonsense.

The way you argue baffles me. In fact, it is share waste of time raising points here to buttress my facts.
Now I know, your case is like the devil in the Bible, he has been condemned for destruction for life.
Therefore, no matter the ministration, he cannot repent!.

Have a nice day.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 10:33pm On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

Even a primary 6 pupil will not ask such a question. Where on earth will a governor or mayor be said to have stolen directly? This is a shame, and totally not acceptable from someone that is supposed to be a learned fellow.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Enjoyment1(f): 2:23am On May 23, 2010
babapupa:

It is too obvious, this guy crashed landed by accident into this planet. I will tell National Science and Space Agency to work hand-in-hand with NASA to return you. Anyway, do have a nice stay on our planet (and before I forget, here is called EARTH).
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On May 23, 2010
I see this True face of Lagos group are not backing down  . . .  awesome !!! I do hope they are not presenting evidence that was probably illegally obtained. I do hope the state senate approves the FOI bill soon so people can get into research and understanding how their state is being run. This is very good news and I hope other states and groups out there are watching because this could be the wake up call for Nigerians out there.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Mariory(m): 2:32am On May 23, 2010
Otobroto:

The amount of stupidity on display in this scenario with "True Face" is outrageous. The Lagos assembly are quickly making themselves into a joke by encouraging these fools. Someone somewhere is mistaking the real world for a nollywood movie.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by DrKitaun(m): 5:22am On May 23, 2010
Una still dey here dey watch our latest blockbuster? AC promises nothing but the best of thrills, intrigues and suspense . . .

STAY TUNED !
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 11:04am On May 23, 2010
I'm all for fashola and his projects and I think he's doing a great job in Lagos state.

But why is the lekki epe expressway being redone wiv 3 toll stops, one infront of the oriental, another one just after chevron and the 3rd one after ajah, surely 1 toll gate is all they need, or are they more interested in generating revenue for lagos state than solving the traffic problem in lekki?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Oboma1(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2010
indie22:

I'm all for fashola and his projects and I think he's doing a great job in Lagos state.

But why is the lekki epe expressway being redone wiv 3 toll stops, one infront of the oriental, another one just after chevron and the 3rd one after ajah, surely 1 toll gate is all they need, or are they more interested in generating revenue for lagos state than solving the traffic problem in lekki?

That is exactly the point. No one is really against this revenue drive, but the way and manner they go about it is alarming. Besides, where are the monies going to? Why 3 toll on a particular drive along a road? If his hands are clean as they claim, nothing is wrong in him being probed.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by denniscla: 1:08pm On May 23, 2010
Enjoy your browsing on your NOKIA FONES, BLACKBERRY, LAPTOPS FOR FREE (@ ZERO Naira, 24hrs browsing) on any kind of NETWORK in NIGERIA such as MTN, ETISALAT, ZAIN, MULTI LINKS.etc,

NOTE: THIS IS NOT YOUR-FREEDOM BROWSING @ALL,

This is TESTED and TRUSTED,

After my JOB, YOU are to use it to your satisfaction before you PAY mI,

We also deal with FORMATTING AND INSTALLATIONS, SOFTWARE, MUSIC, GAMES DOWNLOADS, RENEWING YOUR SYSTEMS(LAPTOPS), WIRELESS OPERATOR, MODEM DISTRIBUTOR, AND ANY KIND OF LATEST ANTI-VIRUS,

FOR FONES: #1000
FOR BLACKBERRY: NOT YET AVAILABLE
FOR LAPTOPS: #2500 PLEASE THIS ARE FIX PRICES NO DISCOUNT,- 2000 FOR MORE THAN ONE LAPTOP
MAIL DENNIS.CLAUDE@YAHOO.DE
You c an start your own business if i tutor you on the entire package which costs 10k call 08037251700
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2010
indie22:

Na wah oh!. This revenue drive is turning into something else!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by selingel: 3:26pm On May 23, 2010
Fashola fear GOD oh! 3 toll gates on just one road? What does Fashola's worshippers have to say? I just maybe wrong!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 8:16pm On May 23, 2010
selingel:

Fashola fear GOD oh! 3 toll gates on just one road? What does Fashola's worshippers have to say? I just maybe wrong!.

Some of these claims really require verification, and if true, let justice take its full course.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 8:20pm On May 23, 2010
I live in lekki and its not a claim, the 1st toll gate is complete, the ground is currently being prepared for the 2nd toll @ chevron and the 3rd proposed toll at ajah hasn't started yet, residents have filed a complaint and are petitioning the toll posts but nothing is being heard from the office of the governor.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2010
indie22:

I live in lekki and its not a claim, the 1st toll gate is complete, the ground is currently being prepared for the 2nd toll @ chevron and the 3rd proposed toll at ajah hasn't started yet, residents have filed a complaint and are petitioning the toll posts but nothing is being heard from the office of the governor.

I am not talking for the sake of it, but this is serious. I want to make a case here; has any one travelled to any nation in this world where there are 3 tolls on one road? Or maybe I should rephrase it, has anyone idea about any road anywhere in the world where there are 3 tolls on just one road? Please help us out!.

Fashola supporters, please dont go to sleep here. You guys need to justice the reason why this man should be probed? Many waters are running under the bridge without our knowledge.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by paddylo1(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2010
I am not talking for the sake of it, but this is serious. I want to make a case here; has any one travelled to any nation in this world where there are 3 tolls on one road? Or maybe I should rephrase it, has anyone idea about any road anywhere in the world where there are 3 tolls on just one road? Please help us out!.

There are more than 3 tolls on the philadelphia atlantic city express road
with Eazy Pass like they propose for lagos. . . .

what u should try and find out is how long is the lagos road and use it to compare to the length of other similarly tolled roads
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 8:47pm On May 23, 2010
The length of the road shouldn't be a factor, lekkis epe expressway is not like the lagos ibadan express way, lekki is predominantly a residential area, so why the 3 toll points?
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2010
paddy_lo:

There are more than 3 tolls on the philadelphia atlantic city express road
with Eazy Pass like they propose for lagos. . . .

what u should try and find out is how long is the lagos road and use it to compare to the length of other similarly tolled roads

Thanks, but there are so many other factors bordering this Philadelphia atlantic city express road, which may not even been seen at this Lagos road. Besides, the said road too is not as long as Lagos Ibadan express road as a poster earlier said, so why 3 tolls? That is my concern here.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2010
Where are Fashola's supporters? I need answers here, and not to spite any please.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by sjeezy8: 8:58pm On May 23, 2010
the Guy is changing Lagos- point blank.

If hes corrupt OK I wont die- there are others who will move on from where he left off.
Lagos is more than Fashola best believe dat.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 9:01pm On May 23, 2010
Our-turn:

Where are Fashola's supporters? I need answers here, and not to spite any please.

Fashola's supporters are everywhere. Even NAIRALAND is a strong supporter of FASHOLA, that is why they have refused to add this thread to their HOME PAGE!.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On May 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

shocked shocked E tu?? [size=13pt]ROFLMAO~!!![/size]

No be you and your POSE don dey terrorize anyone who questions Fashola in anyway for over a year now . . . . suddenly Lagos is bigger now than Fashola?? lol  And all this time I thought you guys were trying to make it clear to us that Lagos IS Fashola and Fashola IS Lagos! lol
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On May 23, 2010
Our-turn:

Can we please be careful what words we use here? When you speak of Fashola Supporters, I would consider myself one . . . I don't have any issues with all he continues to do well, and I certainly believe he is about the best governor in Nigeria, and I am certain even you would agree to that. Rather than the word supporters here, is it possible you use the word "AGBEROS" instead because only touts go around harrassing people for having an opposing view, throw aside common sense for worship, and act in the manner than many of those you are supposedly referring to here do.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Ourturn(m): 9:29pm On May 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Can we please be careful what words we use here? When you speak of Fashola Supporters, I would consider myself one . . . I don't have any issues with all he continues to do well, and I certainly believe he is about the best governor in Nigeria, and I am certain even you would agree to that. Rather than the word supporters here, is it possible you use the word "AGBEROS" instead because only touts go around harrassing people for having an opposing view, throw aside common sense for worship, and act in the manner than many of those you are supposedly referring to here do.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 10:08pm On May 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You mean you are one of Fashola's supporters? Thats very interesting! grin
The man is really trying, is just that, he beginning to get noticed, in the artistry of stealing.
Anyway, as a poster said earlier, so long he is trying, let him continue.
At least, he is better than Obanikoro.
It is Fashola's turn jare!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Oboma1(m): 10:20pm On May 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

the Guy is changing Lagos- point blank.

If hes corrupt OK I wont die- there are others who will move on from where he left off.

Hmm! This is one admittance from a fan. I guess those oppossing Fashola will download this page and present it to the probe committee. grin

This is submitted as exhibit 1A.
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On May 23, 2010
Otobroto:

You mean you are one of Fashola's supporters? Thats very interesting! grin
The man is really trying, is just that, he beginning to get noticed, in the artistry of stealing.
Anyway, as a poster said earlier, so long he is trying, let him continue.
At least, he is better than Obanikoro.

It is Fashola's turn jare!

I am a supporter BUT I also have common sense to know that the law has to be respected at all times, and Government answers to the people in a democracy, not the other way around. So I am definitely not a Fashola 'AGEBERO' . .  roflmao!!

He can continue doing his best BUT that he is better than Tinubu or Obanikoro is no reason why he should be made above the PEOPLE or the LAW!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by Otobroto(f): 11:36pm On May 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am a supporter BUT I also have common sense to know that the law has to be respected at all times, and Government answers to the people in a democracy, not the other way around. So I am definitely not a Fashola 'AGEBERO' . .  roflmao!!

He can continue doing his best BUT that he is better than Tinubu or Obanikoro is no reason why he should be made above the PEOPLE or the LAW!

Do you know why I like you, you say it the way it is. The same way Ribadu could not. Maybe because Ribadu was working for OBJ.
As for Fashola, I still say it, he is having a nice time in Lagos. Fashola, carry go jare!
Re: Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road by indie22(f): 11:42pm On May 23, 2010
Eko o ni baje o!

But seriously, something needs to be done about lekki and its many toll points

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: "After The Election Wey Dem Dey" Crooner Arrested (photos) / Petrol Scarcity Looms Again As NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sack Of Workers / We Are Not Withdrawing Obi Or Any Of Our Candidates Cases - Apapa Faction (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.