Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49353 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:55am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I wonder why a lot of people including friends and family say I am different and that I like to poke my nose on issues reserved for men.If you discuss politics and other enlightening issues with advanced adults they would call me(my real name)that what is my business in men's matter.I am not suprised this is not the first time I have been told or asked such question.Thank you sir and have a good night rest.

lol... that's because African ladies generally aren't interested in political matters...

They(majority )value entertainment more than politics

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:56am On May 04, 2018
Saintmary:

She doesn't want you to block her ATM. Lazy bone.

you're right.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:58am On May 04, 2018
The main cause is irresponsible men like Davido. Men are not men again. They lack ability to handle women and provide for their family. The men are more interested in cheating and being lazy, therefore pushing women to leave them and have a life of their own.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 12:59am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

Damn.
This is the problem with Africans.. wtf is insultive about my post?

I blame myself for replying an uncivilized and primitive being.
am sorry for insulting and quoting u.how can one really know anyone here other than by their post.lol,am uncivilized and primitive.i know ur type,wud u have said dis if there was an f(female) before my moniker.gudnyt bro.lets stop quoting eachother sha

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:00am On May 04, 2018
Philpham:
The main cause is irresponsible men like Davido. Men are not men again. They lack ability to handle women and provide for their family. The men are more interested in cheating and being lazy, therefore pushing women to leave them and have a life of their own.

Common! What's irresponsible in Davido?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:00am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

lol... that's because African ladies generally aren't interested in political matters...

They(majority )value entertainment more than politics
I am not good at entertainment matters I only listen to old music as my friends call them or is it blues I don't know their category but mainly foreign ones that have meanings like celine dion,Dolly paton and others.My favourite music is roar by Katy Perry.As for movies only American action and sci fi hero movies.As for politics I love it government has always been my best subject maybe why I chose law even though I rejected an admission for ISD.I initially wanted to read political science but changed my mind later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:02am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am not good at entertainment matters I only listen to old music as my friends call them or is it blues I don't know their category but mainly foreign ones that have meanings like celine dion,Dolly paton and others.My favourite music is roar by Katy Perry.As for movies only American action and sci fi hero movies.As for politics I love it government has always been my best subject maybe why I chose law even though I rejected an admission for ISD.I initially wanted to read political science but changed my mind later.

ISD is better than both law and PO. Science
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:04am On May 04, 2018
chillychill:

You just said my mind... U'll see dem arguing with you now cos dey it's d true. Y would a female think she has equal rights with her husband

Why won't she have equal rights with the husband? Is she not a human being? Didn't she come out of her mother's vagina? Na mouth dem take vomit am?
The problem is you lots don't understand the meaning of feminism. Men and women are born equal unto God and man. Women might not be physically stronger than men per say, but believe me they are all round stronger than men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:04am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

Common! What's irresponsible in Davido?

ask him grin grin

as long as the guy is providing for the kids he's fvcking responsible!!

getting married to a lady isn't a man responsibility.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:06am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Why won't she have equal rights with the husband? Is she not a human being? Didn't she come out of her mother's vagina? Na mouth dem take vomit am?
The problem is you lots don't understand the meaning of feminism. Men and women are born equal unto God and man. Women might not be physically stronger than men per say, but believe me they are all round stronger than men.

that's the new line lazy dependent ladies are using to console themselves.

They believe they're aren't equal to a man
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:07am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

ISD is better than both law and PO. Science
Well to you.I have my reason for writing Jamb over and over again WAEC join just to get law and I don't think I would regret it at least the hardwork paid off not too long ago even though some of my mates in secondary school are almost through with their university and polytechnic education.Law is very much competitive more than ISD and political science.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:08am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

The statistics though might not be accurate but it is verifiable. We all know where feminism is rampant and we know the divorce rate and single parent statistics in those places. This is Africa, where we are guided with morals and traditions. Submisiveness and respect is something that can't be wiped out of African morals and traditions. We are product of these things and changing it might hinder our relationships with one another.

Meanwhile, back to the subject at hand, feminism is not the only problem militating against harmonious relationship but then, feminism is a bane

What do you even mean by being submissive? Just explain that to me please?
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:08am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I wonder why a lot of people including friends and family say I am different and that I like to poke my nose on issues reserved for men.If you discuss politics and other enlightening issues with advanced adults they would call me(my real name)that what is my business in men's matter.I am not suprised this is not the first time I have been told or asked such question.Thank you sir and have a good night rest.
hmmm,good night ma.i hope u have dreams of going into nigerian politics one day(pls tell me u do).we need smart,humble people in there for things to work.you are smart for a purpose.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by victorian(f): 1:08am On May 04, 2018
Women simply believe the lies of men, during dating. And at the end get pregnant for him but he later turns his back on her, saying he's not ready to be married cos he can't marry in a miniflat, where he's currently living in.
And most ladies hate abortion. So they keep the baby, and that's how it grows everyday.

To meet a single lady who doesn't have child or children is like a rich fat man walking through the eye of a needle . Babymamas are just everywhere, it's incredible.
Ladies who are single with no kids, please keep it that way, don't fall for the lying sweet tongues of men. Or else Oyo Lo wa! And u may end up settling for crumbs at the end of it all, in this life race.
So many deceptive men out there, who wants to milk a cow for all its worth for free and not ready to buy the cow.
Men are no longer men, it's disheartening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:11am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

ask him grin grin

as long as the guy is providing for the kids he's fvcking responsible!!

getting married to a lady isn't a man responsibility.

Lol smiley smiley Wait, let him answer now. He might have his own contrary reservation for tagging the dude irresponsible but yet, it would still not be justifiable because every man to his boat to paddle.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by bongolistik(m): 1:12am On May 04, 2018
1. Poverty - this is the genesis and the bane of most nasty things in our society today. When a guy is poor and advancing in age, seeing that he is unable to cater for a child but he desires a successor or posterity, he might decide to take short cut, look for a girl to impregnate and knowing fully well that he can neither afford marriage nor take care of the child, he leaves the lady a baby mama. Then for the poverty ravaged ladies, to them the only and easiest way to make ends meet is to offer their bodies for sale and at that time since poverty has blocked their thinking faculty, anything can go, sex with or without contraceptive is no longer an issue for them and they take in on the process and eventually become single mother. Also if age is not also on their side and they also desire posterity, they will look for any available man to make them a single mother

2. Lack of self discipline from the man and woman - this is another serious issue and the cause of single motherhood. When a man and woman cannot discipline themselves to control their libido or reject romantic advances hook, line and sinker, they often go wild in promiscuous sex and they end up making babies with single mothers.

3. Societal pressure especially on the woman - because of how the society sees ladies that are advancing and not married, they feeble hearted ladies are usually unable to withstand the pressure from the society and they only end up getting desperate and looking for randy men to just father a baby with them and leave them single mother

4. ill manners - ill manners in wedlock is one of the causes of divorce.. When the manners becomes so toxic and that both couples can no longer tolerate each other, they end up divorcing and giving out single mothers

5. Poor upbringing - yes when your parents fail in their duties of raising up a morally sound kids, they children ends up becoming ignorant and they end up engaging themselves in unwholesome sexual act with their peers that can lead to pregnancy and a baby and a single mother

6. Societal failure - there is no gainsaying that we live in societies that have failed in most of their duties. When society indulge in seeing men and women go astray and do all sorts of things without proper cautioning and serious attempts to set things straight up, men and women end up indulging themselves in sexual folly since the society no longer frowns at most of the decadence but rather encourage them in subtle manners and turning blind eyes to them, sexual promiscuity will definitely be high as we are seeing today and it can easily end up to breeding single mothers.

7. Lack of chastity - When people have finally dropped every atom of morals and religious sanity in them, becoming single mothers now turns to a thing of pride and boastfulness

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:12am On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
hmmm,good night ma.i hope u have dreams of going into nigerian politics one day(pls tell me u do).we need smart,humble people in there for things to work.you are smart for a purpose.
Hahahaha I don't know time would tell I would love to as of now let me focus on my education.At least one can plan ahead and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:13am On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

So now you are in my mind abi
just imagine if a smart mind like you were to be in leadership.mrs okonjo iweala said the only way to fight corruption is to fight it from inside,meaning we need right thinking and humble people in our leadership.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:15am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Well to you.I have my reason for writing Jamb over and over again WAEC join just to get law and I don't think I would regret it at least the hardwork paid off not too long ago even though some of my mates in secondary school are almost through with their university and polytechnic education.Law is very much competitive more than ISD and political science.

I hope you won't practice it with bias and sentiments to please your liberal ideologies..
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:15am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

What do you even mean by being submissive? Just explain that to me please?

In the olden days even till yesterday when we were conceived. Our mothers are always submissive and obedient to their husband jurisdictions but feminism is fast spreading and submissiveness is gradually going into extinction. Thus, adding to the numerous factors causing single parenthood and broken marriages

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:16am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

What is ISD? thanks
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:16am On May 04, 2018
g
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:18am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

Lol smiley smiley Wait, let him answer now. He might have his own contrary reservation for tagging the dude irresponsible but yet, it would still not be justifiable because every man to his boat to paddle.
undecided

perhaps... @emboldened you mean the dude who said davido is irresponsible right?
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:18am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

I hope you won't practice it with bias and sentiments to please your liberal ideologies..
Make we see how that one go be I can't say for now.I can be sentimental as a lawyer as long as it is on the interest of my client but when I am at the bench(Judge) I don't want that one,I am supposed to be unbiased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Saintmary(f): 1:18am On May 04, 2018
Provabz:
Please I've this thing that have been bothering me and I'll like the house to help me with some reasonable answers..
'Why do we have a lot of single mothers in our current society '?
Mods Abeg push to front page for better answers thanks
We have a lot of single mothers because ladies are no longer afraid of a judgemental society which has little to no benefit to offer them other than wagging their tongues. Many single mothers didn't plan to be like that, their men turned their backs on them but they chose to keep a life even when no one else wants the child alive. Don't widows and divorcees also count as single mothers. Some ladies can't wait for the man to be ready to take responsibility, so they go ahead and start a family anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:18am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

What is ISD? thanks
International studies and diplomacy.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:19am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

undecidedexplain

I meant he might has his own personal opinion for tagging Davido irresponsible, but his reasons would still be invalid because we all have our lives to live and Davido is so living it as he so want.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:20am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hahahaha I don't know time would tell I would love to as of now let me focus on my education.At least one can plan ahead and hope for the best.
u were talking about having ideologies and expressing them rightly to people.i was like wow!,cos thats wat every great leader can do,wat great speakers like martin luther,adolf hitler can do.thats y i asked if u are a lady,i didnt expect such from a lady
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:20am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Make we see how that one go be I can't say for now.I can be sentimental as a lawyer as long as it is on the interest of my client but when I am at the bench(Judge) I don't want that one,I am supposed to be unbiased.

what'll be your judgement for a lady accused of raping a man?

if you're at the bench.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 04, 2018
Saintmary:

We have a lot of single mothers because ladies are no longer afraid of a judgemental society which has little to no benefit to offer them other than wagging their tongues. Many single mothers didn't plan to be like that, their men turned their backs on them but they chose to keep a life even when no one else wants the child alive. Don't widows and divorcees also count as single mothers. Some ladies can't wait for the man to be ready to take responsibility, so they go ahead and start a family anyway.

is marriage a responsibility?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:22am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

I meant he might has his own personal opinion for tagging Davido irresponsible, but his reasons would still be invalid because we all have our lives to live and Davido is so living it as he so want.

got ya.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:23am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

In the olden days even till yesterday when we were conceived. Our mothers are always submissive and obedient to their husband jurisdictions but feminism is fast spreading and submissiveness is gradually going into extinction. Thus, adding to the numerous factors causing single parenthood and broken marriages

Bullocks you didn't answer my question. If by submission you mean obeying your husband, then I can assure you that almost all my feminist friends does that. But if you mean submission in the text that a lady would be abused both physically and mentally, and still tolerate such marriage, then sorry you got it wrong. Many feminists I know obey thier husbands and thier husbands obey them too. Marriage is a two way institution and not a cul de sac institution. Blaming feminism for the failures of marriage and the rise of single parenthood is a total blimey. It shows how you were brought up, shows you a misogynist

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.