Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49359 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:23am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

got ya.

Okay, goodnight bro. Today is another working day.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:24am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
International studies and diplomacy.

Got ya. Is it the same with History and International Relations? I got HIR in Nigeria back then shaa.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:25am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

what'll be your judgement for a lady accused of raping a man?

if you're at the bench.
According to the law everyone is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.We deal on factual evidence and not hear say.So if the defence and prosecuting counsel bring their arguments or submission to the matter then when it is proven beyond reasonable doubt we can give a verdict so I can't say yet because the law could set her free if there is no evidence.I don't want to become a judge.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:25am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Bullocks you didn't answer my question. If by submission you mean obeying your husband, then I can assure you that almost all my feminist friends does that. But if you mean submission in the text that a lady would be abused both physically and mentally, and still tolerate such marriage, then sorry you got it wrong. Many feminists I know obey thier husbands and thier husbands obey the too. Marriage is a two way institution and not a cul de sac institution. Blaming feminism for the failures of marriage and the rise of single parenthood is a total blimey.

It shows how you were brought up, shows you a misogyny....

Okay, it appears you are here to exchange unpleasant words but I'm not cut out for that. Good day!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Saintmary(f): 1:27am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

is marriage a responsibility?
There's no mother without a child. The thread is about single mothers, having a child is a responsibility, so is starting a family. Marriage hasn't been mentioned.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:27am On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
u were talking about having ideologies and expressing them rightly to people.i was like wow!,cos thats wat every great leader can do,wat great speakers like martin luther,adolf hitler can do.thats y i asked if u are a lady,i didnt expect such from a lady
I am a lady and proud to be a lady on planet earth.I have read on the two men you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:30am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Got ya. Is it the same with History and International Relations? I got HIR in Nigeria back then shaa.
It is in the same department (HIS).

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:30am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Why won't she have equal rights with the husband? Is she not a human being? Didn't she come out of her mother's vagina? Na mouth dem take vomit am?
The problem is you lots don't understand the meaning of feminism. Men and women are born equal unto God and man. Women might not be physically stronger than men per say, but believe me they are all round stronger than men.
nobody is disputing all dis,but when a woman gets married.her status has to change(who is inferior or superior is another issue).before d elections,buhari nd osinbajo were both EQUAL nigerians,but wit their new relationship,their status changed.i tink its logical,i wud like to hear ur own point

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:30am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Bullocks you didn't answer my question. If by submission you mean obeying your husband, then I can assure you that almost all my feminist friends does that. But if you mean submission in the text that a lady would be abused both physically and mentally, and still tolerate such marriage, then sorry you got it wrong. Many feminists I know obey thier husbands and thier husbands obey the too. Marriage is a two way institution and not a cul de sac institution. Blaming feminism for the failures of marriage and the rise of single parenthood is a total blimey. It shows how you were brought up, shows you a misogyny.....

...and their husbands obey them too..

...shows you're a misogynist..

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Elliot2(m): 1:34am On May 04, 2018
I think this trend is a result of the deviation from the original marriage institution: which requires the man to love his wife and the wife to be submissive to him. Reverse is the case now. And this reversed roles can not sustain the marriage institution,therefore leading to greater divorce rate.
In another angle,it is due to the increase in immorality. Except in rape cases, the increase in the number of single mothers is immorality. u can not have a one night stand with 2baba or wizkid now in some club and get pregy as a result and expect not to be a single mother. the sexual emancipation of women who now control their bodies and cannot be shamed as a result of using it how they like,results in sex that leads to unwarranted preg. And this availability of easy access to pussay is a leading factor,with men being controlled by their third legs.
And again,this is also as a result of the sudden enlightenment of the female folks. The truth is that,the more enlightened and independent the women become,the lesser enlightened and independent the men folks will be. This is because, the male folks are now lacking the motivation our forefathers had to work and provide and build the family which was seen as their sole responsibility and which was seen as the ultimate test for a masculine man: in marriages these days,a man is not really a man by how many hours he works on the field to provide for his family,or how submissive a woman is to her man-- but it is by the contract they entered,and each interests involved. So,with more women becoming educated and independent,either consciously or not, the male folks are affected by inferiority complex and become lazy by relishing their role to the women since they feel that the women can play both the role of a father and a mother. And likewise the women become drunk in this new found feminism and power. This now makes marriages some sort of business which must be constantly negotiated-with the innocent child between them in the chess game. A time will come when men will be so meaningless to women save for being child making machines,and to men women become mere object of sex.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:35am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
According to the law everyone is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.We deal on factual evidence and not hear say.So if the defence and prosecuting counsel bring their arguments or submission to the matter then when it is proven beyond reasonable doubt we can give a verdict so I can't say yet because the law could set her free if there is no evidence.I don't want to become a judge.

lol... I've come to realize that the "innocense until proven guilty " clause is irrelevant in Nigeria.

Men get jailed, remanded in prisons for rape accusations which are mostly not proven.
70% of such cases don't have evidence but when the tables turn around the "innocence until proven guilty " plays out..
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:35am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

Yep husband obeys wife and wife obeys husband. You show each other appreciation and gratitude. Do you even know the meaning of misogyny? Not trying to insult you.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:37am On May 04, 2018
Because it takes more than just wishing to raise a child it takes commitment and most men run from it ....I mean just imagine if we all had ankle bracelets on getting married and every time you cheated it would fry your leg like half of the world will be crippled at an alarming rate.

Nobody’s perfect but like father like son so some people choose to raise their kids at least with respect and love me on the other hand there’s always compromise o
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:39am On May 04, 2018
Elliot2:
I think this trend is a result of the deviation from the original marriage institution: which requires the man to love his wife and the wife to be submissive to him. Reverse is the case now. And this reversed roles can not sustain the marriage institution,therefore leading to greater divorce rate.
In another angle,it is due to the increase in immorality.***
And again,this is also as a result of the sudden enlightenment of the female folks. The truth is that,the more enlightened and independent the women become,the lesser enlightened and independent the men folks will be. This is because, the male folks are now lacking the motivation our forefathers had to work and provide and build the family which was seen as their sole responsibility and which was seen as the ultimate test for a masculine man: in marriages these days,a man is not really a man by how many hours he works on the field to provide for his family,or how submissive a woman is to her man-- but it is by the contract they entered,and each interests involved. So,with more women becoming educated and independent,either consciously or not, the male folks are affected by inferiority complex and become lazy by relishing their role to the women since they feel that the women can play both the role of a father and a mother. And likewise the women become drunk in this new found feminism and power. This now makes marriages some sort of business which must be constantly negotiated. A time will come when men will be so meaningless to women save for being child making machines,and to men women become mere object of sex.

I hope you know this is 2018 and not 1506?

Men and women provide for the family in this era so kindly get your facts straight.
No spouse is the sole provider.

We live in an era of equality.

Ego driven men like you are the reasons why Africa is still backward.

Feminism is the best thing that ever happened to mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:41am On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
nobody is disputing all dis,but when a woman gets married.her status has to change(who is inferior or superior is another issue).before d elections,buhari nd osinbajo were both EQUAL nigerians,but wit their new relationship,their status changed.i tink its logical,i wud like to hear ur own point

Equating the President and the Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces of Nigeria and his Vice with me and Marriage is two separate things okay? First off they are the first and second family respectively in Nigeria, Secondly, they have immunity.. Marriage does not have immunity. Their status changed becaise they became president and vice respectively... I'm an ordinary citizen. Marriage and the presidency are two different things. You enter marriage as an equal, and no, the status of the woman doesn't have to change. Yes she would be obedient to her husband and love and like wise the husband.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:41am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

lol... I've come to realize that the "innocense until proven guilty " clause is irrelevant in Nigeria.

Men get jailed, remanded in prisons for rape accusations which are mostly not proven.
70% of such cases don't have evidence but when the tables turn around the "innocence until proven guilty " plays out..
You have a point donstan.Even outside the country money buys justice.It just goes to show the failed judicial system we have in Nigeria and even our nations judiciary is not independent.Even the law makes mistakes innocent men have gone to jail for crimes they didn't commit if some cases are reviewed we may be shocked to see innocent people serving different sentences.Hence my view that every human philosophy or law is subject to change.As for your last statement I don't think that is entirely true almost everyone suffers from the system.I need to sleep now good night.Prech is it you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:42am On May 04, 2018
Neyoor:

Okay, it appears you are here to exchange unpleasant words but I'm not cut out for that. Good day!

I'm just saying it as it is. If you feel hurt then I'm deep sorry.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:42am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Yep husband obeys wife and wife obeys husband. You show each other appreciation and gratitude. Do you even know the meaning of misogyny? Not trying to insult you.

A man who hates women as you were trying to insinuate is called a misogynist not a misogyny.

Don't try to test my intelligence else you gonna be disgraced.

Kindly go and read your books.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:43am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is in the same department (HIS).

Ah great to know that some folks still like that course. Mine was a reverse of your case though. I wanted Law and they gave me HIR lol.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You have a point donstan.Even outside the country money buys justice.It just goes to show the failed judicial system we have in Nigeria and even our nations judiciary is not independent.Even the law makes mistakes innocent men have gone to jail for crimes they didn't commit if some cases are reviewed we may be shocked to see innocent people serving different sentences.Hence my view that every human philosophy or law is subject to change.As for your last statement I don't think that is entirely true almost everyone suffers from the system.I need to sleep now good night.

Goodnight hippo✌
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:44am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am a lady and proud to be a lady on planet earth.I have read on the two men you mentioned.
i think its an evil and wicked thing when a person hides his abilities,wat happens is they use it wrongly.no god wud guide our leaders right.leaders are always guided by their sensibilities,in nigeria,we have majorly senseles leaders but why? when we have sensible people amongst us? just imagine the world of football without messi? or how bored some of us wud have been without sia's beautiful voice? having sense too is for a purpose,not everyone is wise
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:45am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

A man who hates women as you were trying to insinuate is called a misogynist not a misogyny.

Don't try to test my intelligence else you gonna be disgraced.

Kindly go and read your books.

Lol smart man oshey..... I was just referring to the whole concept as a whole. And you didn't answer my question. We Nigerians tend to have this desire of not answering questions
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Equating the President and the Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces of Nigeria and his Vice with me and Marriage is two separate things okay? First off they are the first and second family respectively in Nigeria, Secondly, they have immunity.. Marriage does not have immunity. Their status changed becaise they became president and vice respectively... I'm an ordinary citizen. Marriage and the presidency are two different things. You enter marriage as an equal, and no, the status of the woman doesn't have to change. Yes she would be obedient to her husband and love and like wise the husband.

The Vice President doesn't have immunity...
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:46am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Ah great to know that some folks still like that course. Mine was a reverse of your case though. I wanted Law and they gave me HIR lol.
Hahahaha you would have written jamb up to three times to get it.Some of my friends were given other courses and decided not to re write law is really competitive.Good night sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:47am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

And don't cancel out my words again leave it I would read it after posting... person..

LOL... Thanks... Joking grin shocked
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:48am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Lol smart man oshey..... I was just referring to the whole concept as a whole. And you didn't answer my question. We Nigerians tend to have this desire of not answering questions

If you want to know the definition you can check somewhere else.. undecided

misogyny is the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Dollabiz: 1:49am On May 04, 2018
hmm
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:50am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

And don't cancel out my words again leave it I would read it after posting... person..

LOL... Thanks... Joking grin shocked

Grammatical errors make me sick.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:51am On May 04, 2018
Dull people are vast on nairaland though..

smh undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:52am On May 04, 2018
Yeah we the people are also the problem we celebrate mediocrity case study BBN contestants are awarded while first class products are being sidelined.I agree with you but the leaders come from the followers and it is a societal issue we don't want leaders who can tell us the truth instead we want the ones that would give us sweet talk like how they would end poverty in two years,restructure Nigeria in 6 months when these things are clearly not visible or achievable for now.Nice chatting with you good night sir.
felaismyhero:
i think its an evil and wicked thing when a person hides his abilities,wat happens is they use it wrongly.no god wud guide our leaders right.leaders are always guided by their sensibilities,in nigeria,we have majorly senseles leaders but why? when we have sensible people amongst us? just imagine the world of football without messi? or how bored some of us wud have been without sia's beautiful voice? having sense too is for a purpose,not everyone is wise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:54am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

I'm prechb.... not donstan

Goodnight hippo✌
O I kind of thought you were donstan18 or greiboy I didn't know it was you prech good night.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

Grammatical errors make me sick.

Well blame phones and auto input. I'm just angry today lol. Stupid professors and finals have me on age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.