Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? (49356 Views)

Single Mothers' Household Produce The Worst Kids — American Lady(vid,pix) / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by hollywater: 1:54am On May 04, 2018
Simply because must Ladies claimed gender equality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 1:54am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Equating the President and the Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces of Nigeria and his Vice with me and Marriage is two separate things okay? First off they are the first and second family respectively in Nigeria, Secondly, they have immunity.. Marriage does not have immunity. Their status changed becaise they became president and vice respectively... I'm an ordinary citizen. Marriage and the presidency are two different things. You enter marriage as an equal, and no, the status of the woman doesn't have to change. Yes she would be obedient to her husband and love and like wise the husband.
maybe equatin d presidency wit marriage was not so apt,but the point am making is in any relationship,people are nt equal by virtue of human nature,temperaments etc.the status does not have to be written or spoken,but its there.its possible dat the woman can be d boss in the home,all am saying is sumone has to take d lead or assume responsibility,and its usually d man
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:55am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hahahaha you would have written jamb up to three times to get it.Some of my friends were given other courses and decided not to re write law is really competitive.Good night sir.

Good night. Have splendid sleep if there's anything like that lil cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:56am On May 04, 2018
felaismyhero:
maybe equatin d presidency wit marriage was not so apt,but the point am making is in any relationship,people are nt equal by virtue of human nature,temperaments etc.the status does not have to be written or spoken,but its there.its possible dat the woman can be d boss in the home,all am saying is sumone has to take d lead or assume responsibility,and its usually d man

I have a 30 page essay to hand in tomorrow and it's almost 8 pm. I will come back to this later.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 1:58am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Well blame phones and auto input. I'm just angry today lol. Stupid professors and finals have me on age
Auto-correct isn't an excuse...
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Laee(m): 1:58am On May 04, 2018
Even right here in the States theres alot of Single women and has got 2 or more kids.

1. Both the baby father and mama doesnt want to live a responsible life and most women especially doesnt want to feel controlled by any man.

madridguy:
1. The society need restructuring shocked

2. Ladies should stop thinking they could tie guys down with pregnancy

3. POVERTY: To me this is the leading factor. A guy at 35 years of age will still be running from responsibility, not that he's not willing to have a family of his own but Nigeria situation is not helping matter. The female counterpart at that age may not have other option than to be looking for donor ( Baby father ) when she observes time is going.

Brb
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 2:04am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

Auto-correct isn't an excuse...

Well in my defense it is a perfect excuse.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Elliot2(m): 2:07am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

I hope you know this is 2018 and not 1506?

Men and women provide for the family in this era so kindly get your facts straight.
No spouse is the sole provider.

We live in an era of equality.

Ego driven men like you are the reasons why Africa is still backward.

Feminism is the best thing that ever happened to mankind.
You haven't countered my point. If only u have been reading some divorce stories here,u would notice that most of the complains are about the husband not providing,in fact most stop providing once the woman starts showing some level of financial independence. I don't know why u r calling me names. The op asked why there is a sudden increase in single motherhood, and i tried to give reasons. I did not say those reason are morally okay,but they are what cause it;it ia no fault of mine. I don't know what u mean by feminism is the best thing that happen...whoever distinguishes him/herself will be accorded respect. Feminism is not some royal symbol u carry once u r a female,that the males will start bowing to!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 2:09am On May 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yeah we the people are also the problem we celebrate mediocrity case study BBN contestants are awarded while first class products are being sidelined.I agree with you but the leaders come from the followers and it is a societal issue we don't want leaders who can tell us the truth instead we want the ones that would give us sweet talk like how they would end poverty in two years,restructure Nigeria in 6 months when these things are clearly not visible or achievable for now.Nice chatting with you good night sir.
yeah! good night ma,read this later then.very important: how about sensible,humble and,patriotic nigerians searching eachother out,noting eachother,strengthening eachother,encouraging eachother,sharing knowledge with eachother,maybe even helping eachother in any way(wit time and trust sha).together,we are empowered,able to show people the way.dont u think that can work wonders?(i observed dis things in religions-its wat makes them strong)
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by felaismyhero(m): 2:12am On May 04, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I have a 30 page essay to hand in tomorrow and it's almost 8 pm. I will come back to this later.
ok then,later.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 04, 2018
Elliot2:
You haven't countered my point. If only u have been reading some divorce stories here,u would notice that most of the complains are about the husband not providing,in fact most stop providing once the woman starts showing some level of financial independence. I don't know why u r calling me names. The op asked why there is a sudden increase in single motherhood, and i tried to give reasons. I did not say those reason are morally okay,but they are what cause it;it ia no fault of mine. I don't know what u mean by feminism is the best thing that happen...whoever distinguishes him/herself will be accorded respect. Feminism is some royal symbol u carry once u r a female,that the males will start bowing to!

#No hard feelings
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by abike12(f): 2:14am On May 04, 2018
I'm pretty sure if this was a thread on how to make progress and share business ideas there won't be this many comments. Radarada

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Elliot2(m): 2:16am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

#No hard feelings
no qualms.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by abbeyloyee(m): 2:49am On May 04, 2018
Seahawk:
We have single mothers because the sperm contributors refused to be the fathers to their children. Umm? Why is this a question?

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Ifakiland(m): 2:54am On May 04, 2018
The funny part is after opening pussy for one useless dude finish and birthing his baby, they start looking for a cool headed mr nice Dey will camp with to takia of dem and d baby....same mr nice Dey left to go and fork useless dude...single moms are just fork tools jare...noting more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by baby124: 3:27am On May 04, 2018
Too many irresponsible men these days! Also, not everyone want to marry. Some are ok just having kids. Nothing like feminism involved here abeg. Being a feminist is a great thing, and it is nothing to be scared of. It simply means you believe that you should be given access to the same opportunities as men of your age and education level. Especially in the work place. What is the essence of going to school only to not have opportunities to succeed? I don’t see anything bad about feminism that should turn to something evil and be blamed for all the ills in society. Not true.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by reelpoint(m): 3:44am On May 04, 2018
Compatibility
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Toks2008(m): 3:52am On May 04, 2018
airmirthd1:
when u rush into marriage, you rush out. This is so rampant

Even if you don't rush in you can still opt out.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Fuckyoumod: 3:56am On May 04, 2018
Pavore9:

What is your personal definition of feminism?

A man who fathers a child and disappears from the scene because of fear of playing the role of a father to his offspring, what can you attribute that to?
comprehension.... Is your biggest challenge please bro. Work on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Fuckyoumod: 4:05am On May 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

You are right.A woman naturally loves but submission doesn't come easy. That's probably why the submission part is emphasized.

As long as they both love each other, they should be able to work out what works for them. All these guys acting macho and demanding submission or slavery up and down don't understand yet. They haven't got the memo.

And it is not about feminism or equality but about a woman also being a human being with a mind of her own, dreams,ambitions, strong will,etc.
if your a lady, please sis, having a rethink might just be healthy for you. Only a foolish man would be in a marriage where his wife does not listen to him (submission).

Except you have made up your mind to be a single mum.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Sike(m): 4:06am On May 04, 2018
Question for the gods
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by PoliticalChinex(m): 4:25am On May 04, 2018
Because they refuse to wear condoms
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by bellotaofeek: 5:02am On May 04, 2018
It has become a FAD. So psychologically most ladies want to just give birth and stay on their own. Why? Freedom, Bad economy, irresponsibility of their partners, greed, Laziness and promiscuity
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by libertyfather(m): 5:05am On May 04, 2018
edoman2016:

No man will abandon a good and loving wife to become a single mother. Most single mothers are feminist. They are arrogant, rude and unsubmissive to their husbands. They are full of troubles in marriages.

Even Bible supports a man to run away from a troublesome wife and sleep peacefully on a tree.

God bless you bro, please I need just one thing from you....that verse in bible that quote what u stated above
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:15am On May 04, 2018
Sex is obviously the cheapest thing anyone can get around these days
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Nobody: 5:17am On May 04, 2018
Seahawk:
We have single mothers because the sperm contributors refused to be the fathers to their children. Umm? Why is this a question?

TEA.
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by 2016v2017: 5:18am On May 04, 2018
Kleenatics:
...because premarital sex has become rampant.

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by CaptainFM1: 5:34am On May 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:

And who is "We"

Single mother issue isn't isn't national problem, Rather its a regional problem.

It is a global problem!
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by livinbygrace: 5:34am On May 04, 2018
Most of the girls of the generation are not marriageable.They want to use elicopter whereas their father has no bicycle.So most guys are not ready for any drama and once they get them impregnated,they discharged .

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by CaptainFM1: 5:38am On May 04, 2018
abike12:
I'm pretty sure if this was a thread on how to make progress and share business ideas there won't be this many comments. Radarada

Do you have any good business ideas for me?
Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by chillychill(f): 5:44am On May 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

yes a woman has equal rights with her husband.

saying you don't have equal rights with your husband is a quote being used by lazy dependent ladies

Na unna sabi I don't argue with ppl like u dats your problem not mine . I hope u enjoy ur feminism den. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? by Teeabod(m): 5:44am On May 04, 2018
Let's all think about the effect of premarital sex and in most cases leading to unwanted pregnancy... My opinion tho!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.