Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

If Age Is Nothing But A Number - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Age Is Nothing But A Number (14036 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by ubunja(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
kenex4ever:
not always.

Would you believe that shakira is 10years older than pique if they didn't tell you?

and how many women are like shakira in your neighbourhood?
miracles are miracles. stop using them as examples. i can survive AIDS for 50 yrs but AIDS KILLS and thats the message we preach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by SirLiquidGold: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
MissRaine69:
Why are some women so reluctant to date a man who is younger than them? And if they do why is it socially such a big deal?
the issue is society varies.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
kenex4ever:
not always.

Would you believe that shakira is 10years older than pique if they didn't tell you?

That one is a lost case he just comes on threads and spews irrelevant rhetorics
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ejiod:

And before big bang?
Silence ....
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Ejiod(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

Silence ....
Actually I've always been wondering what's b4 big bang which concludes my thought on conservation of energy.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2018
ubunja:
its for granny daters??
No big deal pls can somebody answe this question?
how old was Adam or how old was Eve?
Is nvr a must that u must be other than ur wife or something african mentality and our ladiea too are the cause.for instance if u get married to the childish or lousy type, wen small issue come the whole world must hear sey she senior you ii guess why some ppl avoid it making u fill like a boy.
let the limit be sensible shall i can do it(1-3yrs but beyound that am out.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2018
No big deal though i have dated someone other than i am.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
tunize:

No big deal pls can somebody answe this question?
how old was Adam or how old was Eve?
Is nvr a must that u must be other than ur wife or something african mentality and our ladiea too are the cause.for instance if u get married to the childish or lousy type, wen small issue come the whole world must hear sey she senior you ii guess why some ppl avoid it making u fill like a boy.
let the limit be sensible shall i can do it(1-3yrs but beyound that am out.
Could that then bring forth the question could Adam and Eve read or write?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
tunize:
No big deal though i have dated someone other than i am.
And how was that received or was that the least of your worries?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by TOSIN116: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:
First there was the Big Bang ....
Atheist leave me alone!
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

And how was that received or was that the least of your worries?
Yeah it was the least of my worries. Cos it doesn't really change anything jst like wen u're dating someone younger than you..its normal it all depends on maturity(everthing depends on maturity and tryn to learn smtn).
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

Could that then bring forth the question could Adam and Eve read or write?
No missraina but they lived happily both in good times and bad time too.(but we nor know who senior). My point is this age shouldn't be a factor to determine successful marriages or relationship when there is "mutual respect and mutual honour" at least to some extent i'm not trying to sey a 25yr old guy should go and marry or date a 50yr old, am only saying wen its within some certain age limit its cool.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by TOSIN116: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
ralphyoung123:
No, am very sick. Do u have any drugs?.
I have enough for you and your family

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
tunize:

No missraina but they lived happily both in good times and bad time too.(but we nor know who senior). My point is this age shouldn't be a factor to determine successful marriages or relationship when there is "mutual respect and mutual honour" at least to some extent i'm not trying to sey a 25yr old guy should go and marry or date a 50yr old, am only saying wen its within some certain age limit its cool.
But my question is who determines that limit and why If there is a 15 year age gap and the couple have been together longer than most age mates and are clearly happy why are people still focused on the woman being older?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
TOSIN116:

Atheist leave me alone!
As if .....
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lost thread....

The level of immaturity displayed by some guys on this thread shows how empty romance section guys are. Kids! Stupid kids!
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by TOSIN116: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:
As if .....
AS IF WETIN? talk and see you will be suprise i'll send you slap through text message
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

But my question is who determines that limit and why If there is a 15 year age gap and the couple have been together longer than most age mates and are clearly happy why are people still focused on the woman being older?
Who determines the age limits u mean? it depend might b the guy or the lady all centres at mutual understand.
Some ladies wud sey i cant date a guy younger than dem, some guyx wud sey dey can't date or mary a lady older than weda its with a month self not yrs now. So my there the determinant factor is based on the parties involved and mutual agreement.
15Years age gap? for me no no atleast 1-3 or 1-4...(15yrs is huge)..reasons ppl focus on women been older is jst that african mentality tin expecially nigeria and ancient tinking.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
TOSIN116:

AS IF WETIN?
talk and see you will be suprise i'll send you slap through text message
Funny being ..... grin grin grin grin
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
tunize:

Who determines the age limits u mean? it depend might b the guy or the lady all centres at mutual understand.
Some ladies wud sey i cant date a guy younger than dem, some guyx wud sey dey can't date or mary a lady older than weda its with a month self not yrs now. So my there the determinant factor is based on the parties involved and mutual agreement.
15Years age gap? for me no no atleast 1-3 or 1-4...(15yrs is huge)..reasons ppl focus on women been older is jst that african mentality tin expecially nigeria and ancient tinking.
It’s time to change perhaps?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
MariaLavina:
Lost thread....

The level of immaturity displayed by some guys on this thread shows how empty romance section guys are. Kids! Stupid kids!
I learnt ages ago not to have high expectations on this forum I have instances when I have been pleasantly surprised those moments are gems ..otherwise it’s 3/4 posts not related to anything.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

It’s time to change perhaps?
Sure. Though not everyone has such mentality cos me personally i'm not against it, provided there's love,respect and mutual understanding hope u get it....(can you date a younger guy)?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

I learnt ages ago not to have high expectations on this forum I have instances when I have been pleasantly surprised those moments are gems ..otherwise it’s 3/4 posts not related to anything.
Yet to attain such level of unconcern,believe me I have tried but some times I loose it.

To your question, I think it all depends on the individuals involved (the man and woman ) Society will frown at it, People will talk so it will be a scenario of the couples against the world. The most important thing is agreement and acceptance between the partners.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
tunize:

Sure. Though not everyone has such mentality cos me personally i'm not against it, provided there's love,respect and mutual understanding hope u get it....(can you date a younger guy)?
Yes and I have done so before

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
I have enough for you and your family
OK, .................
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 10:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
MariaLavina:
Yet to attain such level of unconcern,believe me I have tried but some times I loose it.

To your question, I think it all depends on the individuals involved (the man and woman ) Society will frown at it, People will talk so it will be a scenario of the couples against the world. The most important thing is agreement and acceptance between the partners.
Considering how some famillies are really influential when it comes to potential wives? I am aware of a mother who threatened to kill herself if the son went ahead and married the lady bear in mind she was 3 years older than him
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by tunize(m): 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

Yes and I have done so before
Okay thats cool atleast u nor follow shallow thinkers.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
MissRaine69:

Considering how some famillies are really influential when it comes to potential wives? I am aware of a mother who threatened to kill herself if the son went ahead and married the lady bear in mind she was 3 years older than him
In as much as going against a one's parents command is wrong, Sacrificing your happiness to satisfy a selfish request is a sign of stupidity. The mother is inconsiderate, the son shouldn't be a fool.

In this case the ball is in the guy's court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / God Was Showing Off When He Created Me - Slay Queen With Massive Backside (photo / I Warned My Bro That his girlfriends Big Booty Will Put Him In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.