Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,894 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? (12077 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by izombie(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
Lol silly Biafrans,when Binis where fighting war you guys were busy running naked in bushes..

Good economy is not by population and Nigeria proved it?

What's the need of having 40 million people whereas 40 percent are in poverty...

Look at Norway,look at Iceland,look at those develope European countries,they don't need immigrants or population,they don't even need extra land.even a local government in abia is enough as long as they have adequate human needs..

Population will never solve problem,infact it will increase..

Imagine if Bini was alone and they ban other tribes from coming in mostly the igbos and throw those beggars out..

They have access to sea not that landlock Biafra..

They have rich culture and are internationally known to be good.

They have oil..

Foreign investment is coming thanks to obaseki..

Mhen what else do a nation needs to survive?
i ask you again, why you dey include biafra or igbos for this thread? Why don't you people discuss your bini kingdom and leave biafra/igbos out of it?.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
lol. Do you know the definition of landlocked?.u peeps should stop been delusional. Having access to sea indeed. Do you know how many African countries that ave access to sea but are very poor. U binis are still dreaming? When u wake up and starts thinking straight u will at least make something meaningful from ur life. Swerve..
someone is pained grin

I heard obaseki is doing some shipping stuff to connect more investors..

Land locked countries hardly survives
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
I don't know how bini will be dry without igbos when Edo state is already doing better than most Igbo states.

Their problem is arrogance. They can't focus on their biafra without trying to deride others.

Who told them that Niger Delta republic will not work. Even among igbos there's hate and strife. They still refer to Ebonyi igbos as inferior.
Stranac:
he said if igbos live Bini will be dry..

Bini will join yoruba and live happily after..
No wonder Biafra is far from them,always boastful and lack cultural knowledge of things

7 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Efewestern: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
efe I wana ask you a question.y won't u peeps join bini incase bini country comes true

I think you should read my comment again. Bini is a unifying factor in the Delta, so should Nigeria disintegrate we will be having a nation together with our Bini brothers.

But Nigeria ain't disintegrating soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
Why are you people this callous? How Niger Delta is run shouldn't be your concern. Focus on your biafra which will be very much landlocked.
ghostfacekillar:
they are afraid because they think yoruba will dominate them. If they go with niger delta. The ijaws will show dem pepper

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Amberon11:
Why are you people this callous? How Niger Delta is run shouldn't be your concern. Focus on your biafra which will be very much landlocked.
y did he mention biafra in his post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Efewestern:

I think you should read my comment again. Bini is a unifying factor in the Delta, so should Nigeria disintegrate we will be having a nation together with our Bini brothers.

But Nigeria ain't disintegrating soon.
kk
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
someone is pained grin

I heard obaseki is doing some shipping stuff to connect more investors..

Land locked countries hardly survives
a country that will use all their citizens for sacrifice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
Which bini man did more rituals than Otokoto? Hey, Binis don't use their father,
mother or siblings fir rituals like you people do and they certainly don't eat humans too so let that sink in.
ghostfacekillar:

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
The first person that said something degrading about the bini or Niger Delta struggle on this thread is your fellow biafran.
ghostfacekillar:
y did he mention biafra in his post

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
Amberon11:
Which bini man did more rituals than Otokoto? Hey, Binis don't use their father,
mother or siblings fir rituals like you people do and they certainly don't eat humans too so let that sink in.
bini home of skull mining. Yahoo and fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by comos: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Apart from Ore park, you hardly see a yoruba man in Benin city,
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
I won't deny when oba dies,seven heads are needed,they are mostly from Fulani and igbos living in the Street..

You can never touch a beni person,its forbidden..

Even during slavery we didn't sell our people..even the king dies because of it..

grin Bini is like USA.. they can go to war for their people
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ehya...looks like your confusing bini for Yoruba.

I'm not bini but they are a gazillion times better than you people. Focus on your baby factory, drug pushing, ritualist tribe.
ghostfacekillar:
bini home of skull mining. Yahoo and fraud

3 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by davidnazee: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
I was just thinking if Nigeria was to fall apart and all tribes form their own country,can the Binis in Edo state stand on their own??

We all know they will never join Biafra or oduduwa nonsense..the Niger delta will be shitty when all tribes fighting for power and relevance even though most tribes there trace their roots to Bini ..

What if only beni ethnic group form their own country??

1)they have population bigger than most countries of the world including Iceland and Croatia..

2) They have favourable environment to farm and good weather condition,i once I heard Malaysian once came there to take some palm fruit which are some of the reasons for there development..I guess Nigeria slow the Binis down..

3)They are educated , this is self explanatory,you must go school in Bini .. it's every family dream to see their child graduate.. don't forget they are smart..

I can list all qualities about them but what do you think..

Can they survive??

Great criticism is welcome

I don’t know about just only “Bini” forming a country but i know wherever Bini goes there goes the Esans, Afemais, Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris.. these people together with Bini are capable of making a progressive nation, strong enough to defeat any land grabbers that will try claim Anioma or Akoko Edo.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by wowcatty: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
And then the Ijaw and Urohbo empires went all the way to Ivory coast and Mali, right? Keep deceiving yourself, there were only 3 empires in the history of Nigeria, Oyo, Songhai and Kanem.

What you had was a kingdom like every other minority group, it's just that your Ogiso was blood thirsty, but still couldn't annex the smallest village around his kingdom.

Go to Ghana, Togo and republic of Benin the handwriting of the empire that got there is still on the wall. Your very own history as the modern day Benin/Bini is even more recent than these countries you mentioned.

Once there is always there!

Elose11:
Reading some people's post here tells me how sad history is no more taught in our schools. For those who knows there history, the Binis have existed more than 800 years before the nation Nigeria came into existence. Now ask yourself how did they survive then?
Asking how an empire, that at the zenith of its power,stretched from most of present day Igbo land, through most of present day Niger delta to as far as present day Ghana will survive if Nigeria, it predated, disintegrate is the height if ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by triblehaul1: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
gidgiddy:
It all depends on what Nigeria breaks up into.If Nigeria should disintegrate, the very minimum Igbos will demand is that all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people in both the SS and the Benue be allowed to follow their kit and kin in the East. This will include the Igbanke people in Edo state and all of Anioma in Delta state. This will leave Edo state high and dry. A Niger Delta Republic is simply not possible.

Personally, I see a situation where Edo continues with Nigeria and later joins Oduduwa Republic whenever Yorubas start agitating for that.

You do not only have a mental problem but the problem is transmitted from your father, mother, kinsmen to tribesmen.
If Igbos are given more than the 5 states they govern let amadioha strike you dead even when u are long gone.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Malawian(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
I schooled in Edo state,i can tell you that they are probably one of the few peoples who can live an enclaved lifestyle. Just wall off Edo state, allowing nothing in or out, i can tell you that after a 1000 years, they will still be there. Those guys hardly move out of their places anyways. They are self sufficient in Agriculture, which is really all they ever need.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by wowcatty: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2018
Thanks but no thanks!

There are still Yoruba people in Edo like Akoko Edo but they will have to make that decision whether or not to come with us. Omoluabi/Oduduwa will only have Yoruba groups in it. We can't leave Nigeria and still have people who are not Yoruba with us.

gidgiddy:
It all depends on what Nigeria breaks up into.If Nigeria should disintegrate, the very minimum Igbos will demand is that all Igbos/Igboids and Igbo speaking people in both the SS and the Benue be allowed to follow their kit and kin in the East. This will include the Igbanke people in Edo state and all of Anioma in Delta state. This will leave Edo state high and dry. A Niger Delta Republic is simply not possible.

Personally, I see a situation where Edo continues with Nigeria and later joins Oduduwa Republic whenever Yorubas start agitating for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Malawian:
I schooled in Edo state,i can tell you that they are probably one of the few peoples who can live an enclaved lifestyle. Just wall off Edo state, allowing nothing in or out, i can tell you that after a 1000 years, they will still be there. Those guys hardly move out of their places anyways. They are self sufficient in Agriculture, which is really all they ever need.
we would rather live in European version countries than to live in other parts of Nigeria!!

Have you seen rich edo indigenes building houses in Lagos?even oshiomole,igbenedion looted and build their houses,mansions and businesses here...

Who Nigerians help seff
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
wowcatty:
And then the Ijaw and Urohbo empires went all the way to Ivory coast and Mali, right? Keep deceiving yourself, there were only 3 empires in the history of Nigeria, Oyo, Songhai and Kanem.

What you had was a kingdom like every other minority group, it's just that your Ogiso was blood thirsty, but still couldn't annex the smallest village around his kingdom.

Go to Ghana, Togo and republic of Benin the handwriting of the empire that got there is still on the wall. Your very own history as the modern day Benin/Bini is even more recent than these countries you mentioned.

Once there is always there!

grin which one is ijaw empire again..

If not for the Brits you guys would have been part of our colonies..lol
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by osazeeblue01: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
This post is as meaningless as APC GOVERNMENT

2 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by bjdon: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
The Bins have everything needed to be a prosperous nation. It is the contration called Nigeria that is holding everybody back

2 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
Amberon11:

You mean like these guys?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/4-brothers-kill-grandmother-money-ritual-edo-2-nabbed/
https://www.nairaland.com/3284507/edo-pastor-used-wife-rituals

I can understand some Fulani man saying something like the above about Igbos, but for goodness sakes, Edo people are renowned (whether fairly or unfairly) nationwide for fetishism. grin Can we stick to the topic without the juvenile, playground sniping?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
If Nigeria disintegrates, the Binis will be stranded just like Shehu Sanni grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Lol, for one ritual an Edo man does, igbos will do 200.

Well I was sticking to the topic before your brother began ranting how bini are nothing without Igbos.
Obi1kenobi:

You mean like these guys?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/4-brothers-kill-grandmother-money-ritual-edo-2-nabbed/
https://www.nairaland.com/3284507/edo-pastor-used-wife-rituals

I can understand some Fulani man saying something like the above about Igbos, but for goodness sakes, Edo people are renowned (whether fairly or unfairly) nationwide for fetishism. grin Can we stick to the topic without the juvenile, playground sniping?

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2018
The type of atrocious english i see in this forum is mind bolging.
Little wonder to pass english in waec is very hard these days.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
Amberon11:
Lol, for one ritual an Edo man does, igbos will do 200.

Well I was sticking to the topic before your brother began ranting how bini are nothing without Igbos.

It's bullshiit though. If you want us to stay online all day digging out ritual stories about Edo or let's say Anambra or Imo, we'd be here all day. Like I said, Edo people are renowned for fetishism, even though some of it is exaggerated myth, so to use Edo as a standard to bash us with when it comes to fetishism and rituals is laughable.

And I can't see anywhere here anyone claimed Binis are nothing without Igbos. Seems you just felt like going on a rant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It's bullshiit though. If you want us to stay online all day digging out ritual stories about Edo or let's say Anambra or Imo, we'd be here all day. Like I said, Edo people are renowned for fetishism, even though some of it is exaggerated myth, so to use Edo as a standard to bash us with when it comes to fetishism and rituals is laughable.

And I can't see anywhere here anyone claimed Binis are nothing without Igbos. Seems you just felt like going on a rant.
ritual is a foreign concept to Bini,same with prostituting and other immoral acts..

Like I said earlier we are good at copying other people,good and bad.

I can't dare said most of them were influenced by people from other tribes particularly the igbos cause that is one of their trade mark.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Malawian(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
we would rather live in European version countries than to live in other parts of Nigeria!!

Have you seen rich edo indigenes building houses in Lagos?even oshiomole,igbenedion looted and build their houses,mansions and businesses here...

Who Nigerians help seff
There is nothing "European" about your lifestyles. Honestly, if Fulani Herdsmen were to camp in your places, they will have a field day. Hardly will you see a building there that is more than just a bungalow, let alone one having perimeter fencing or Water system Lavatory

4 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
ritual is a foreign concept to Bini,same with prostituting and other immoral acts..

Like I said earlier we are good at copying other people,good and bad.

I can't dare said most of them were influenced by people from other tribes particularly the igbos cause that is one of their trade mark.

Oh, Igbos taught you prostitution and rituals and other immoral acts? Continue deceiving yourself. We know where most of the hoes in Italy and a number of Mediterranean territories in Europe and as far north as Russia shaming Nigeria are from. International prostitution has become your biggest export. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by davidnazee: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
Malawian:

There is nothing "European" about your lifestyles. Honestly, if Fulani Herdsmen were to camp in your places, they will have a field day. Hardly will you see a building there that is more than just a bungalow, let alone one having perimeter fencing or Water system Lavatory

Meaning??
Can u translate in simple English?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Safe In Custody, No Threat To His Life ― Correctional Service / Gaffes: Tinubu Should Contest To Be Grand Comedian Of Nigeria - Atiku’s Aide / 28 Governors Pile Up ₦‎5.8 Trillion Debts For Incoming Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.