Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? (12095 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by OMANBALA1: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
Elose11:
Reading some people's post here tells me how sad history is no more taught in our schools. For those who knows there history, the Binis have existed more than 800 years before the nation Nigeria came into existence. Now ask yourself how did they survive then?
Asking how an empire, that at the zenith of its power,stretched from most of present day Igbo land, through most of present day Niger delta to as far as present day Ghana will survive if Nigeria, it predated, disintegrate is the height if ignorance.

You are definitely delusional. I think we have ignored these Bini midgets long enough that's you keep making these ridiculous claims. Bini is not even a kingdom rather a Chiefdom the whites used to exploit the surrounding tribes. As yourself where that your clownish white robe originated from.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Sharpsword: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
Elose11:
Reading some people's post here tells me how sad history is no more taught in our schools. For those who knows there history, the Binis have existed more than 800 years before the nation Nigeria came into existence. Now ask yourself how did they survive then?
Asking how an empire, that at the zenith of its power,stretched from most of present day Igbo land, through most of present day Niger delta to as far as present day Ghana will survive if Nigeria, it predated, disintegrate is the height if ignorance.
yeah but you do realize you are not in your so-called zenith anymore, so quit dreaming and be realistic.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2018
Excuse you, someone mentioned earlier that the Binis would be nothing in their new country without the igbos and I was addressing that; definitely not ranting but stating facts.
Obi1kenobi:

It's bullshiit though. If you want us to stay online all day digging out ritual stories about Edo or let's say Anambra or Imo, we'd be here all day. Like I said, Edo people are renowned for fetishism, even though some of it is exaggerated myth, so to use Edo as a standard to bash us with when it comes to fetishism and rituals is laughable.

And I can't see anywhere here anyone claimed Binis are nothing without Igbos. Seems you just felt like going on a rant.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by meccuno: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
Bini will be far off better when they join oduduwa republic. I laugh at some bini people when they start reminding us how they survived bfore the white destroyed their kingdom. Where is Rome today. Where are the mighty Greeks with their advance weapons and war ships. What about Rome with their organized military formation. This are all past glory and they know and have moved on. Greek. Rome are not world powers anymore. They are not even included in top ten.. But they moved on. But for bini they are still delusional. They are still basking in old fame. Believe it or not. The mighty bini kingdom is gone. This is not the era of cutting people heads or sacrifice and telling us how ogiso did this and that..when u peeps stops day dreaming. U will see that bini is nothing in this era. Other tribes are taking over them progressing. Moving forward while they are busy offering sacrifice. Bini will be far off better with oduduwa republic..and we igbos are going with our biafra
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by meccuno: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sharpsword:
yeah but you do realize you are not in your so-called zenith anymore, so quit dreaming and be realistic.
Tgey have lost form.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by meccuno: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
a country that will use all their citizens for sacrifice
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ariesbull: 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Forced? grin I've been hearing about Benin prostitutes being exported to Italy since I was like 6-years-old in primary school when I watched a popular Nigeria home video then, "Glamour Girls". This was in the fucckking 90's! If 20 years later in 2018, Edo girls are still fooled about the purpose of their being trafficked to Europe, then there are a lot of illiterate, dumb girls in Edo. grin

And I've told you to stop fooling yourself. Edo state is a den of criminals. The only time I ever met armed robbers in my entire life was when I was robbed at Benin bypass, the most dangerous armed robbery zone in the country, by your local criminals. Vicious armed robbers, kidnappers, 419ers and Yahoo Boys, cultists and ritualists: Edo state no dey carry last for any category. Please, stop fooling yourself. grin

That Benin by pass is terrible....I served in Benin City...when I was doing my primary assignment the girls I was teaching would say...uncle don't worry we would go to Europe and they went

The shino rambo and anennih were the greatest heist dudes where walked on the face of this country ...where are they from again....?

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ibrahimdoc: 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
Stranac:
I was just thinking if Nigeria was to fall apart and all tribes form their own country,can the Binis in Edo state stand on their own??

We all know they will never join Biafra or oduduwa nonsense..the Niger delta will be shitty when all tribes fighting for power and relevance even though most tribes there trace their roots to Bini ..

What if only beni ethnic group form their own country??

1)they have population bigger than most countries of the world including Iceland and Croatia..

2) They have favourable environment to farm and good weather condition,i once I heard Malaysian once came there to take some palm fruit which are some of the reasons for there development..I guess Nigeria slow the Binis down..

3)They are educated , this is self explanatory,you must go school in Bini .. it's every family dream to see their child graduate.. don't forget they are smart..

I can list all qualities about them but what do you think..

Can they survive??

Great criticism is welcome

I totally disagree with you, the binis and of course the eschan I am not sure I got the spelling correct, these two people are the worst Nigerians I have ever met. While I was in Nigeria I never had anything to do with them until I came to Germany. They always make noise, break all the laws put in place by german government, they impregnate their women with reckless abandon. They cross through the Mediterranean Sea to come here to constitute nuisance. I don't want to say that I hate them with a boiling passion, let me say I hate their character. So in essence bini country will be a time bomb waiting to happen so perish that thought brother.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Favor99(m): 7:54am On Aug 03, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
Bini will be far off better when they join oduduwa republic. I laugh at some bini people when they start reminding us how they survived bfore the white destroyed their kingdom. Where is Rome today. Where are the mighty Greeks with their advance weapons and war ships. What about Rome with their organized military formation. This are all past glory and they know and have moved on. Greek. Rome are not world powers anymore. They are not even included in top ten.. But they moved on. But for bini they are still delusional. They are still basking in old fame. Believe it or not. The mighty bini kingdom is gone. This is not the era of cutting people heads or sacrifice and telling us how ogiso did this and that..when u peeps stops day dreaming. U will see that bini is nothing in this era. Other tribes are taking over them progressing. Moving forward while they are busy offering sacrifice. Bini will be far off better with oduduwa republic..and we igbos are going with our biafra
Tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2018
Favor99:
Tribalist.
kingdomist

2 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Favor99(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
kingdomist
Your tribalism like yours is what makes everyone hate each other in Nigeria. It’s one reason why we don’t have unity. Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2018
Favor99:

Your tribalism like yours is what makes everyone hate each other in Nigeria. It’s one reason why we don’t have unity. Kwantinue
including u. Kettle calling pot black

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Favor99(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
including u. Kettle calling pot black
I’m not into tribalism. I try discouraging people from engaging in it. It does no good

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Favor99(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:
I was just thinking if Nigeria was to fall apart and all tribes form their own country,can the Binis in Edo state stand on their own??

We all know they will never join Biafra or oduduwa nonsense..the Niger delta will be shitty when all tribes fighting for power and relevance even though most tribes there trace their roots to Bini ..

1)they have population bigger than most countries of the world including Iceland and Croatia..

2) They have favourable environment to farm and good weather condition,i once I heard Malaysian once came there to take some palm fruit which are some of the reasons for there development..I guess Nigeria slow the Binis down..

3)They are educated , this is self explanatory,you must go school in Bini .. it's every family dream to see their child graduate.. don't forget they are smart..

Can they survive??

Stranac I feel it’s not only Binis but Esan, Afemai, Awon and then our people in delta like Urhobo, Isoko, Istekiri, Ika we would be one like we were in Bendel. We were one people just like when we were Bendelites and lived peacefully

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Favor99:

I’m not into tribalism. I try discouraging people from engaging in it. It does no good
what do you expect me to do when they start insulting my tribesmen. I should keep quiet?

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Favor99(m): 8:45am On Aug 03, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
what do you expect me to do when they start insulting my tribesmen. I should keep quiet?
You guys have been dissing our people on this thread. But let’s just make peace and do away with tribalism. I like Igbos and other Nigerians a lot as well as my Esan ethnic group.
Let’s learn to love one another and embrace each other. Your Igbo, I know 99% of you are Christians lol. smiley So you know what I’m talking about when I say we should follow the teachings of Jesus in spreading love and unity smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by justtoodark: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:
yes there's an alarming rate of prostitutions from Bini due to many bad government management,economic policies,bad influence and other causes..

Even though those prostitutes are less than 5 thousand which represent small fraction of our population the media have manage to do it like it's every family in Benin..

Enough of the blame game,ask us how we are stopping and reducing it!!

Have you governor ever gone to foreign land to find a way to reduce drugging??

Have you heard of any Benin indigenes been killed for prostituting??

It's not even a crime there unlike drugs but it's immoral.

We always find a way to take care of our own

they were lied to that they will have jobs for them in europe....all women fall for the same trick over and over again....

many east european and russian women land into prostitution like this too........

and when you land in such a situation,you dont get out of it...your pimpp will control your life till you get old.....

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2018
Malawian:
I schooled in Edo state,i can tell you that they are probably one of the few peoples who can live an enclaved lifestyle. Just wall off Edo state, allowing nothing in or out, i can tell you that after a 1000 years, they will still be there. Those guys hardly move out of their places anyways. They are self sufficient in Agriculture, which is really all they ever need.

And those in Italy?
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2018
Jokerman:

Edo people are not Yoruba... Get your facts right...

what do u mean.....what of itsekiris that has similarities with yorubas....
u wrong sha...
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:
that's why they might not get Biafra soon..
I use to think all northerners are mostly until our gateman said Christians are the majority in their state Jos I was surprised..

There was this friend of ours I use to think is from north until i get to know he's from Niger..most of people you think are Hausa,fulani are actually from other countries..

Sad

more reason the other guy is right...bini has more attachment with yorubas than igbos....is a pure fact.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2018
Amberon11:
I don't know how bini will be dry without igbos when Edo state is already doing better than most Igbo states.

Their problem is arrogance. They can't focus on their biafra without trying to deride others.

Who told them that Niger Delta republic will not work. Even among igbos there's hate and strife. They still refer to Ebonyi igbos as inferior.

whatever they refer to ebonyi is non of ur business......u having that or saying it all time sounds like someone who doesn't want igbos to leave Nigeria
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2018
comos:
Apart from Ore park, you hardly see a yoruba man in Benin city,

oga are u from bini...to tell a bini man what he knows more than u..
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:
ritual is a foreign concept to Bini,same with prostituting and other immoral acts..

Like I said earlier we are good at copying other people,good and bad.

I can't dare said most of them were influenced by people from other tribes particularly the igbos cause that is one of their trade mark.

If u go north igbos are influencing us
if u go west igbos are taking over our lands
in bini igbos are influencing us
in urhobo is te same...same also as ijaw

Op can u people allow the igboman to have peace for once?

3 Likes

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Amberon11: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
Dude it's none of my business but it becomes my business when your people come here to insult Niger Delta as if the entire igboland can match Niger Delta in terms of anything.

Watch this space.
Juliusmalema:

whatever they refer to ebonyi is non of ur business......u having that or saying it all time sounds like someone who doesn't want igbos to leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Christistruth00: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
Elose11:

The Binis are not trying to dominate any tribe. What we are saying is that, just as we survived in years gone by, while you were no where, we'll survive again when this contraption that birthed your likes comes to an end.

If they can eradicate prostitution and cultism they can survive without becoming a Mafia safe Haven.
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Mujtahida: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
sassysure:
The type of atrocious english i see in this forum is mind bolging.
Little wonder to pass english in waec is very hard these days.

English master. Weh done

Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nationalman: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
Stranac:

Can they survive??

Stupid Boy
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
Edo state is landlocked with no access to sea and a very low IGR.
they have no other option than to join the Yorubas if they want to survive.
are you talking about all igbo states? grin
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
as for the Igbos na hunger go wire them if the south south don't accept to join Biafra.
The economy in south East is in a state of disaster.
What about the yoruba?
Re: Can The Binis Survived On Their Own? by Ikenna0b: 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
davidnazee:

I don’t know about just only “Bini” forming a country but i know wherever Bini goes there goes the Esans, Afemais, Urhobos, Isokos, Itsekiris.. these people together with Bini are capable of making a progressive nation, strong enough to defeat any land grabbers that will try claim Anioma or Akoko Edo.

Can't you land grappers leave Anioma out of your nonsense. Can't y'all ever leave us out of your nonsense? Anioma should follow una into Benin republic so you niggas can mistreat the rest of us the way una mistreat Igbanke abi? Mschewwww nonsense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ogun PDP Crisis Deepens As Faction Suspends Abati, Others / Ruga: CAN Calls For Arrest Of Members Of Northern Coalition / Breaking: Senate Confirms Tanko Mohammad, Now The Susbtantive CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.