Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48542 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2018
chimauk:
seriously,I love your conversation. Both of u are so matured.at one point I expected u would get pissed.he was intelligent in asking and u brilliantly answered.good questions, good responce

He's a wise man grin

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
lol.. Exactly o. In my case, my husband is a proud igbo man. From day one's he was d one who asked me how much is ok for me to sort out my needs and that of the house monthly. We agreed om an amount and he credits my account every month end. Most of the girls here are unmarried and actively trying to get praises from nairaland boys. A man is always proud to spend on his woman. If he doesn't have that's a different thing, then she can support him.

You haven't change cry
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 11:51am On Aug 24, 2018
Alexrayz:

I must commend ur personality

Thank you smiley
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
No disrespect but you can talk. Like wtf! You for give us your life history na

If I say my life history. You all will feel am lying and making up stories..

So no need.

I brought up her story cos it's way different from mine and it also shows that there are men out there, who are happily taking care of their wives ,in-laws if need be and extended family without blinking an eye.. Without coming online to scream that Nigerian women are leeches and oloshos.
Cos that's all most of u guys here are good for.. Screaming leeches, bitches and oloshos.. Lol

U people should go to the real world and see how successful men take care of their families without grumbling. And they get blessed more and more.

Awon aranguntans grin
Lol.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Oyindidi(f): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:
What's this current trend of some chicks on here, trying to act all sanctimonious and independent. Pls, step on your fùcking brakes!

Nothing wrong in a man giving his wife money for house expenses.
If she's working, they should both contribute a percentage.

If she isn't working, they have to manage whatever he is able to part with. Considering they have other goals to achieve.

Una go come online dey form Miss Independent, na una type fit chop man destiny if im loose guard.
Poco babykiss you be wife material 100 yardsgrin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
Na so u think abi? Lol

Na so I think oh, my cousin watched Black Panther 5 times. Just because 5 different guys were desperately showing their interest in her. I know this is irrelevant to the topic but the same goes for marriage where Women should be taken care of, in essence the money a woman makes is for herself alone.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bigdeeee:

It depends on your type of person and your reward system for people’s value. My type of person, hmm, used to run a joint account with my [ex]wife, so she had full access because of what she meant to me back then. Now, with my current girlfriend, like between $6 - $15k each month, depending! And it’s just because she’s the LOML, and I value her so much,
even though she’s gainfully employed (respiratory nurse) in the US, (not on welfare or anything of such). So reward her according to the value you place on her, y’all be fine wink

You must be dreaming to be spending $6k- 15k a month.

Wake up from your slumber ...
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Jimi23(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
mayorhy:
. you're definitely not a female, i have gone through your posts on nairaland and all you do is bash women online. I wonder why you're on a campaign against the female gender. If you had a terrible experience with a gf or a wife doesnt make all women the same. For you to masquerade as a female online to talk evil or bash women in the pretense that you're a female and your views are feminine shows how dangerous and psychopathic you are. I pray someone sees this and get you help because you're a danger to the society

God bless you for your observation and wisdom
He is BROKE male pretending to be female.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by charleff512(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
Never seek advice from Nairaland
The blind will advice the sighted on how to choose colours
The deaf will advice the one whose ears are normal on how to distinguish between sounds
And so on and on.
Even people who can't manage a female friend will advice you on how to manage your family!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
cruchenutii:

Na so I think oh, my cousin watched Black Panther 5 times. Just because 5 different guys were desperately showing their interest in her. I know this is irrelevant to the topic but the same goes for marriage where Women should be taken care of, in essence the money a woman makes is for herself alone.

That's not true.. The way it works, if you provide for your wife, she too will hold you down when you are not buoyant. The kind of man i married can empty his account for me.He doesn't ask or have interest in my money. What i do is to buy him stuffs or buy something for the house without telling him first . You can't say you love a man or a woman and you don't give!I can fund a vacation trip for both of us, because he deserves it and even more. When man be Akagum, pray you don't become broke cos most women won't send you then. If a man has, spend on your wife. There is nothing there. Forget if she is working or not!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
Elder001:

You haven't change cry
at all.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
That's not true.. The way it works, if you provide for your wife, she too will hold you down when you are not buoyant. The kind of man i married can empty his account for me.He doesn't ask or have interest in my money. What i do is to buy him stuffs or buy something for the house without telling him first . You can't say you love a man or a woman and you don't give!I can fund a vacation trip for both of us, because he deserves it and even more. When man be Akagum, pray you don't become broke cos most women won't send you then. If a man has, spend on your wife. There is nothing there. Forget if she is working or not!

Great !!!
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
at all.

Why?
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Bakrabas: 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
kenlinzo:

The most sensible answer of all since the beginning of this post.

Nice reply bro.....

More blessings boss... Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:

Every man mustn't behave like your husband.. not all men have the same principles or ideologies he has.

The earlier you realize that forcing your opinion on people doesn't make sense, the better.

I don't know when women started defining what a man is supposed to do and what a man shouldn't do, who is a real man and who isn't real man.

Just live with people who share your ideology.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
cruchenutii:

We both know that's a lie.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:
What's this current trend of some chicks on here, trying to act all sanctimonious and independent. Pls, step on your fùcking brakes!

Nothing wrong in a man giving his wife money for house expenses.
If she's working, they should both contribute a percentage.

If she isn't working, they have to manage whatever he is able to part with. Considering they have other goals to achieve.

Una go come online dey form Miss Independent, na una type fit chop man destiny if im loose guard.
lol.. God bless you.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
Elder001:

Every man mustn't behave like your husband.. not all men have the same principles or ideologies he has.

The earlier you realize that forcing your opinion on people doesn't make sense, the better.

I don't know when women started defining what a man is supposed to do and what a man shouldn't do, who is a real man and who isn't real man.

Just live with people who share your ideology.
Oga, we are not fighting neither am i forcing anyone to be like my husband. No woman is happy paying the man's bills at home. That's the natural order of things, even backed up by the Bible. A man who doesn't have can be assisted by his wife, but it's plain wicked when you are seeing money but finds it hard ti give madam. I am an advocate of "elevate your woman so high, spoil her and she won't be easily swayed by another man's money". Those that don't have can hustle, but pls... Make no mistake, no woman is happy being the provider. That's a man's job. I didn't come to your house with a gun pointed at you to reason like my husband. It's only recommended. He spoils me, i spoil him.. We are both happy that way. Even if your wife is a millionaire, "honey pls take 20k to make your hair and get your toiletries isn't a bad idea". Most married women are prostituting today because their husband at home is tight fisted.Apart from food money, they don't give her anything extra for herself. Even as rich as Beyonce is, Jay Z still buys her diamonds. He doesn't say "B, you sold 2 million copies of your album this year, you can pay for your own diamonds." She can afford it, but he still goes ahead to spoil her. Life isn't hard. I am not lazy but at the same time, it makes me happy knowing my man can take care of me. That's every woman's dream.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by generationz(f): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

He's from Kogi.
hehehe

I talk am na them them . IBO or middle belt
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
Oga, we are not fighting neither am i forcing anyone to be like my husband. No woman is happy paying the man's bills at home. That's the natural order of things, even backed up by the Bible. A man who doesn't have can be assisted by his wife, but it's plain wicked when you are seeing money but finds it hard ti give madam. I am an advocate of "elevate your woman so high, spoil her and she won't be easily swayed by another man's money". Those that don't have can hustle, but pls... Make no mistake, no woman is happy being the provider. That's a man's job. I didn't come to your house with a gun pointed at you to reason like my husband. It's only recommended. He spoils me, i spoil him.. We are both happy that way. Even if your wife is a millionaire, "honey pls take 20k to make your hair and get your toiletries isn't a bad idea". Most married women are prostituting today because their husband at home is tight fisted.Apart from food money, they don't give her anything extra for herself. Even as rich as Beyonce is, Jay Z still buys her diamonds. He doesn't say "B, you sold 2 million copies of your album this year, you can pay for your own diamonds." She can afford it, but he still goes ahead to spoil her. Life isn't hard. I am not lazy but at the same time, it makes me happy knowing my man can take care of me. That's every woman's dream.

We've talked about this on this section before if you can remember.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
NoToPile:

Honestly na double TUEH,

What then is the role of the man if he can't PROVIDE, it's not like he's out of job or something.

She's working or not it is your responsibility as a man to provide shikena. It's the role of the man to take care of his family which includes his wife (because I am seeing people posting school fees food stuffs alone as responsibilities) as if it's only children that he's to take care of. angry

Nothing wrong if the woman works and she also drops stuffs as most families can't cope with the current economy on one income but it's not her responsibility.

A man should know it is HIS responsibility to take care of HIS FAMILY, whatever his wife makes or add to that is helping the family it is NOT HER RESPONSIBILTY not knowing this is causing a lot of problems today

Those saying women are lazy, Oya switch roles.

Oya lemme sound it again IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY AS A MAN TO PROVIDE ( this includes everything your wife needs hair money, pad money etc etc grin) for your wife and kids. grin grin grin
Deal with it, that's how it was, it is and will be.

I wonder the kind of men being raised nowadays.

Know it's your RESPONSIBILTY.
lol.. Pls tell them.. The kind of men we have today won't mind a woman singlehandedly paying for their marriage ceremony, house rent , children's school fees. Many don't have shame at all!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
@bolded... but she'll also be seeing money, okay?

I'm not Jay-Z. Thank God most women aren't like you these days, Tufiakwa.

I told you before that even if I'm a billionaire I'll still share bills, I can never encourage laziness.

And yes, I share house chores too but that doesn't mean we both won't spoil ourselves.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
lol.. Pls tell them.. The kind of men we have today won't mind a woman singlehandedly paying for their marriage ceremony, house rent , children's school fees. Many don't have shame at all!

That's a lie . We only want them to contribute to the running of the family.

A good woman doesn't feel at home if she doesn't contribute to the day to day running of the family.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Elder001:

I'm not Jay-Z. Thank God most women aren't like you these days, Tufiakwa.

I told you before that even if I'm a billionaire I'll still share bills, I can never encourage laziness.

And yes, I share house chores too but that doesn't mean we both won't spoil ourselves.
Lol... Am done talking to you Oga.Whatever rocks your boat. I am a Queen, so won't stoop to your level. The man that married me is so proud and happy to be my husband. You know why? I make enough money for myself, whether he gives me or not. Still, he takes care of my needs regardless.. That's what real men do! Bye.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
Lol... Am done talking to you Oga.Whatever rocks your boat. I am a Queen, so won't stoop to your level. The man that married me is so proud to be my husband. You know why? I make enough money for myself, whether he gives me or not.. I will still buy look good. Still, he takes care of me regardless.. That's what real men do! Bye.

Stop forcing your ideology on people then. You've no right to define what a real man should do or not.

I don't just understand why Nigerian women are scared of financial responsibilities.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
Lol... Am done talking to you Oga.Whatever rocks your boat. I am a Queen, so won't stoop to your level. The man that married me is so proud and happy to be my husband. You know why? I make enough money for myself, whether he gives me or not. Still, he takes care of my needs regardless.. That's what real men do! Bye.

Which level are you talking about?
You're not a small child and with your experience in life I believe you should know that you don't speak to random people this way.

Maybe it's because I'm on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Elder001:

Which level are you talking about?
You're not a small child and with your experience in life I believe you should know that you don't speak to random people this way.

Maybe it's because I'm on nairaland.
I am talking about your level of immaturity. I stated my points without insulting you , and the smartest thing you could think of was "I'm not Jay-Z. Thank God most women aren't like you these days, Tufiakwa." How does that translate to you being mature? I tried as much as i can to answer you politely whilst stating my opinion. Since you are Bill Gates, pls get off nairaland or.. Better yet, how about you stay out of my mentions? It funny you can talk about the right way to talk to random people. You are lucky i am a grown woman now, else me of 3 years ago would have replied you the way you truly deserve.
Please get over this obsessive need to reply my comments even when i clearly wasn't referring to you!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by InvertedHammer: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

do you know how much mark zuxkerbergs private jet costs or his house or his other properties. mark zuckerberg bought off his neighbors houses so he can have peace. if that's not a luxury for an average man then I don't know what is. after knowing the big things mark still lives a simple life . No gold chains ,no big wedding , no wealth flaunting you hardly hear about him in the new except its about his work

bill gates has a massive yacht, lives in a luxurious house. Yet he is still very simple and gives most of him income to the poor.

so my dear its possible
/
You ain't Zuckerberg/Gates.

They are not living simple lives by the way--bulletproof cars, body guards, private jet, are not simple way of living.

They are not loud because they have nothing to prove to anyone just as Dangote is not flaunting.
People that flaunt are looking for validation.

/

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
queenfav:
I am talking about your level of immaturity. I stated my points without insulting you , and the smartest thing you could think of was "I'm not Jay-Z. Thank God most women aren't like you these days, Tufiakwa." How does that translate to you being mature? I tried as much as i can to answer you politely whilst stating my opinion. Since you are Bill Gates, pls get off nairaland or.. Better yet, how about you stay out of my mentions? It funny you can talk about the right way to talk to random people. You are lucky i am a grown woman now, else me of 3 years ago would have replied you the way you truly deserve.
Please get over this obsessive need to reply my comments even when i clearly wasn't referring to you!

You that is forcing your ideology on people, which do you think is more childish?

Every man who doesn't behave like your husband isn't a real man, kid, stingy and wicked according to you .

Please move on, it seems you're living in a village because a civilized individual can't say all the ridiculous things you've said on this thread.
Move along, immature lady.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
Elder001:

You that is forcing your ideology on people, which do you think is more childish?

Every man who doesn't behave like your husband isn't a real man, kid, stingy and wicked according to you .

Please move on, it seems you're living in a village because a civilized individual can't say all the ridiculous things you've said on this thread.
Move along, immature lady.
Get help please.. Many are mentally ill, few are roaming the streets. Have a good life!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by ImaIma1(f): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

Lol cheesy

Na so..

Stop reading mills and boons cheesy

Naah...i enjoy your comments better.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by generationz(f): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
You ain't Zuckerberg/Gates.

They are not living simple lives by the way--bulletproof cars, body guards, private jet, are not simple way of living.

They are not loud because they have nothing to prove to anyone just as Dangote is not flaunting.
People that flaunt are looking for validation.

/

huuuh

that's what I'm saying bruh

I'm not them now doesn't mean I can't be richer tommorow and when I'm rich I'll live a luxurious simple life like them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.