Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48536 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by MartinCorridon: 5:24am On Aug 24, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Na guys like dis dey give women that entitlement mentality! angry angry Guys that cannot naturally seduce, attract, woo et al...

They try to make up for it by enticing women with $$$$ grin grin

Vagabond oshi! angry angry

OP.. na thunder go fire you ooo! angry angry angry

Don't mind poverty stricken folks who think giving a woman money would stop her from cheating and the women who blackmail weak-minded folks into thinking same.

See i know a guy earning almost 500k at a time and his wife 300k+ .... he pays ALL the bills and gives the wife ZERO naira for personal upkeep. Why would you buy a working woman body cream?

But he gives her gifts ....lots of them especially when she's well behaved. E.g. he splashed 500k for a single night on a very nice hotel room for their honeymoon. Even the wife complained it was exorbitant, he just told her it was a special treat. He earns 800k monthly now and the wifey 400k+ still zero personal upkeep.

NOTE - there's no financial responsibility on the woman. They don't run a joint account. The woman uses her own money as she deems fit - taking care of her extended family etc

I know this guy VERY well. Won't say more than that.

I personally will pay all the bills, ensure wifey too earns well enough. But buying creams and wigs ? I won't do that as a responsibility. I can only do it IF I WANT TO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 24, 2018
Many comments here are sooo Off-point! The post asks how much is reasonable enough to give a wife to maintain a comfortable home for a month not for 'self-maintenance'. I believe the "comfortable home" includes, getting food on the table amongst other things. Moreover, if a husband decides to give his wife a little extra for herself, It's no one's business; it is their marriage and their life. People should learn to read and comprehend before commenting please and don't be too hasty to judge.

As for the main post, the amount a man gives his wife depends on their financial status, the type of home they live in and their standard of living. A man might give his wife 20,000 naira for the month while another might give his 100,000 naira for the month; it all depends on the above-stated factors.
However, the woman has to support whatever he gives her especially when the husband doesn't really have much.
Mind you, I am a hard-working woman very and I know it's not easy to make money. But a woman that asks for that is not asking for too much except in a few cases where the woman is an excessive spender.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by AllahIsbullPig(f): 5:27am On Aug 24, 2018
[s]
MartinCorridon:

Don't mind poverty stricken folks who think giving a woman money would stop her from cheating and the women who blackmail weak-minded folks into thinking same.

See i know a guy earning almost 500k at a time and his wife 300k+ .... he pays ALL the bills and gives the wife ZERO naira for personal upkeep. Why would you buy a working woman body cream?

But he gives her gifts ....lots of them especially when she's well behaved. E.g. he splashed 500k for a single night on a very nice hotel room for their honeymoon. Even the wife complained it was exorbitant, he just told her it was a special treat. He earns 800k monthly now and the wifey 400k+ still zero personal upkeep. NOTE - there's no financial responsibility on the woman. They don't run a joint account. The woman uses her own money as she deems fit - taking care of her extended family etc

I know this guy well. Won't say more than that.

I personally will pay all the bills, ensure wifey too earns well enough. But buying creams and wigs ? I won't do that
[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 24, 2018
Nasri100:

Or she just killed you with a obvious fact

I’ll go with this option.

OP is an enabler of Bad behavior.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by iyke649(m): 5:29am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??
...Wia can I find this kinda galz to marry...I love the way u think... Galz like u are rare to find kiss
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by AllahIsbullPig(f): 5:30am On Aug 24, 2018
[s]
MartinCorridon:

Sheikh IsaAbubakar the famous asslicker of afonja men with 50 monikers

Salam alaykum Bro grin
[/s]
more trash

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tunjilana: 5:30am On Aug 24, 2018
Ok...clearly...It depends on what point u are in life...If u are an extremely big boi...and u can achieve all agreed mutual goals all alone conveniently then ignore your wife's money and do this monthly maintenance thingy and all...But if u r not yet there...my brother...have a proper budget that factors everything and then have a funding ratio depending on how much u both earn but no matter what u earn always strive to ensure u carry the larger load 70:30 is fair enough...Also regarding women working..I believe that is non negotiable in today's Nigeria...It is no longer a matter of choice for women...u should b able to work or run a business successfully and contribute to family expenses and goals if indeed u want a reasonably good life and want to enjoy ur husband(not kill him b4 time)...So all this upkeep thing will not b necessary if u all are clear about what needs to be bought and have an agreed way of funding it...executing the budget can now bw done by anyone who is more disciplined or has the time...Then for the man...As God lifts u higher, lessen the burden and take up more financing...And never forget her input when things were just starting...

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tiredoflife(m): 5:40am On Aug 24, 2018
Nasri100:

Or she just killed you with a obvious fact

What obvious fact
Wen una don dey hunt for toto online una no dey get sense
As long as woman don comment una must support am even she tell una to kill una mama angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tiredoflife(m): 5:43am On Aug 24, 2018
mrAMG:
N100million na

Bros you better go and marry a feminist so you can have peace of mind.

Oga bone that thing
Nigerian feminist own no reach money side
E reach money dem go form bush meat for u grin
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tiredoflife(m): 5:45am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??

See am na so
E wan sell market
After u marry dis one
E go cross leg finish u
Na den u go know say
Life of a feminist on nairaland
If different from what dey do in real life angry
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tiredoflife(m): 5:50am On Aug 24, 2018
Well sir
She is ur wife
You understand a bit of ur home
After the necessary food stuffs in the house
The rest kind of money its by planning
Remember no be only food una con eat for this world
U will save
U will reinvest the rest
No one knows the real amount as wants are relative
Just know ur clothe size and sow ur coat accordingly

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by sholay2011(m): 5:53am On Aug 24, 2018
MrMcJay:

Your post simply implies that you lack financial discipline and are incapable of making sound financial decisions. Hence, you delegate financial decision making to your wife. It's not a bad thing to do and as you know your weakness and your wife covers for that.

However, you are very wrong to lump everyone in the same box. Not every woman has financial discipline like your wife and in some instances, some men have more financial discipline than you do. In instances as those, your advice becomes invalid.
Mature and perfect response to that post that isn't bad but generalized hastily.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by YorubaAssasin: 5:54am On Aug 24, 2018
MartinCorridon:

But he gives her gifts ....lots of them especially when she's well behaved. E.g. he splashed 500k for a single night on a very nice hotel room for their honeymoon. Even the wife complained it was exorbitant, he just told her it was a special treat. He earns 800k monthly now and the wifey 400k+ still zero personal upkeep. NOTE - there's no financial responsibility on the woman. They don't run a joint account. The woman uses her own money as she deems fit - taking care of her extended family etc

I know this guy well. Won't say more than that.

I personally will pay all the bills, ensure wifey too earns well enough. But buying creams and wigs ? I won't do that as a responsibility. I can only do it IF I WANT TO

You're very correct! cool

In Nigeria, majority of men depend on their financial and material capacities to lure women. They spend lavishly on 'em to buy their love and loyalty and then complain how women love money. It's a weak platform on which most 9ja relationships are built. Now the ladies feel entitled to such frivolities and even go to the extent of seeking it from someone else if their men can't provide it angry

I really can't blame the ladies... it's due to abject poverty and the awkward mentality in our society. In a society where there's a balanced living standards to the living costs, I doubt if that would happen. Just imagine how majority of female 9ja celebrities tend to live big at the expense of their bodies and dignities. Compare them to their male counterparts?

Like you said, as a man, I'll provide my family's basic needs but, will NEVER NEVER give my lady or any $$$$ for frivolities. If she needs those, she should be financially independent enough to take care of it by herself. cool

FYI... I can NEVER spend on a lady that can't spoil me. I don't mean the meager BS gifts given by 9ja women while their men lavish them expensive gifts... I mean If I buy you a Mercedes, I'm as well expecting something similar in value. cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by NONNYG: 5:55am On Aug 24, 2018
30 billion
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by gonkin(m): 5:56am On Aug 24, 2018
Hanseel1:

She doesn't have to give u directly would u even take it if she does?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by showafrica(m): 5:58am On Aug 24, 2018
Bluezy13:

Goodnight too
Cheers... cheesy

See as married woman dey smile for you by 1am. The husband may be pretending to be sleeping but wondering who is making her wife smile on phone by that time. No give your fellow man high BP ooo.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Bluezy13(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2018
showafrica:

See as married woman dey smile for you by 1am. The husband may be pretending to be sleeping but wondering who is making her wife smile on phone by that time. No give your fellow man high BP ooo.

I respect marriage and I believe she does too.
No cause for alarm bro cheesy
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Juicybreed(m): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2018
You do that by determining family Wants and Needs.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Focusmind: 6:24am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:

Do you know how to read at all?

And she was even getting likes by people who couldn't read like her. Very explicit question and she and her "likes" members couldn't comprehend.

Depending on your salary, give her a percentage. I give 20% which includes all food expenses for the month and some of her petty personal expenses.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by bejeria101(m): 6:30am On Aug 24, 2018
Is the way wife reasonable enough? Even if you give a billion you would still hear stories.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by bigplayerz(m): 6:35am On Aug 24, 2018
Money is not enough for every woman..But firstly you need to make a woman independent by empowering her financially either an office or a shop and ensure you give her #40,000 - #50,000 (for a family where the husband earns above #300,000) #20,000 - #30,000 (for a family where the husband earns below #300,000) but (if its a man who earns from #60,000 - #100,000) he needs to give #5,000 - #7,500 monthly and when he gets tips rather than spend it he should save that for rainy days. Women can either make a man or destroy him. #Note this my opinion is for working class men / family living in lagos.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by fattyG: 6:42am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:

Do you know how to read at all?

I wonder oooo
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by kokomilala(m): 6:43am On Aug 24, 2018
There should be a mutual understanding between the two of you. But if you know that your wife, with all due respect, is moneyed or money-driven, give her something that's commensurate to her needs, not wants.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by tiger2080: 6:44am On Aug 24, 2018
it is not compulsory u must give a woman monthly allowance. for what. After paying all the bills at home, take care of the children you still give ur wife money to do what.I think by doing that u make her to be wayward.99% of woman who earns salary hardly brings out d money for use in the house.They keep their money an depends on a man for everything.I once no of a man that takes care of all the bills at home an the woman still earn salary but she still ask her husband for monthly allowance an she say is d man duty to give her wife monthly allowance. The funniest part of it the stupid woman started using the money to.lodge small boys in hotels for fucking.it was over for her till her husband caught her red handed.A decent woman will always be one even if her husband does not gives her money.A wayward woman will always be one even if her husband gives her heaven and earth. That is d real truth take it all leave it no offense.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by emperorblog(m): 6:56am On Aug 24, 2018
NEED A PROFITABLE BUSINESS IDEA

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by RillJ(m): 6:59am On Aug 24, 2018
Didn't bother to read through before posting, did u?
tee59:
Your whole salary now and you be suffering till another month ending .Since ,she is disabled and liability that can't work to make her own money. Be wise in spending.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Bianda24: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2018
It all depends on your earning
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
addictiv:
I ain't giving no wifey a dime, the best I can do is to get a well paying job for her and she can use the money from there to take care of the home upkeep, while I focus on capital expenses. I cannot come and kill myself. Imagine paying my wife salary... For what na? I no be bursary or scholarship board. It doesn't mean I can't occasionally buy foodstuffs, give her money or get things for her and family. But it's solely on my discretion and definitely not on a monthly basis.

your are missing the big picture you are still a boy

1st its how nigerians 2i assume you are" too misuse the words Upkeep/allowance to wife

2nd your wife shouldnt be given money for upkeep or allowance as you say but should have money monthly "if possible" to buy things like earrings perfume, bras, pants, shoes, clothes new hair ourfit etc things that even if she wasnt married had money she would buy those regardless being married or not

3rd so you aint paying her salary as think or see but the money is to buy new stuff for herself eg a sexy dress etc things that make her look beautiful a nice dress etc sure you wouldnt want your wife to be known to wear the same outfit for the whole year

4th remember this money applies to both men and women as man you need money for beer if you drink, money for a new season jersey for your fav team etc this money is from that covers personal needs after paying main expenses and also if your monthly income can afford that

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by GAJIT: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
It should be: 'how much should each contribute for the up-keep of the family?' And i'd say, according to their individual financial capacity, based on their mutual understanding. There's nothing that stops a wife from also contributing to the family's needs, just as nothing stops the man from assisting the woman with some house chores. Family members should see themselves as a team.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by BIXYBABE: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2018
As he wishes to give her........
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Slayar: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2018
I see a lot of ignorant comments here. Nigeria is headed for doom If youth are thinking like this. Giving your working wife a permanent monthly stipend is a recipe for poverty and guess what? That same wife will leave you when you're doomed.

Create an asset that produces Cashflow for the sake of running cost for your home ,your wife ,you or someone competent can maintain it.

Giving daily handouts to your wife doesn't make you a man ,or responsible man,it makes you naive and sets you up for misery when you lose your Job.

Use your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.