Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48562 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Bakrabas: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2018
No specific amount. If your wife is understandable, the little is much if God is in it.

More so, satisfy your wife financially based on the depth of your pocket

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by pocohantas(f): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2018
It is today I confirmed NLders do not read an opening post.
Even when they do, they do not comprehend!!

Damn!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Leo10000(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

this your friends husband is an IBO or middle belt man abi

u hear alhaja,u still dey ask if na ibo man,u don ever see Igbo man wey be muslim

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by femmy2010(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Exactly what you can afford but make sure you SAVE irrespective of how small or huge your earnings is

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Demiblaze00(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2018
http://HallJob.online/?job=887
Click this link to make enough money so you don't have to give your wife a specific amount 100% legit... They make money by you clicking and viewing ads... Then pay you from it
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by kenlinzo(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2018
Bakrabas:
No specific amount. If your wife is understandable, the little is much if God is in it.

More so, satisfy your wife financially based on the depth of your pocket

The most sensible answer of all since the beginning of this post.

Nice reply bro.....

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by lacidi: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??
The problem with Nairaland is that there are a lot of kids trying to form adult. I just read what you wrote and then took a look at your picture and I realized you are still a teenager, so no need joining issues with you. When you grow up then you can actually comment on marriage related issues.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by khaymhat(f): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2018
kenlinzo:

Nice reply bro.....
[ This is gross...... Savage ;Dauthor=Wilfredpat22 post=70503368]But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ?? [/quote]
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Sadiyaene(f): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2018
donbachi:
Pad-500,joy soap-100,body spray-800,roll on-500,data-1000,chewing gum-200,sunday offerings-800...if she is your girlfriend that comes and goes.t-fare-1000=4900naira..by my calculation...make sure sey food dey always dey house.

Sha u are okay ni 4900 for up keep embarassed
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by fabienjoe: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
20% is OK. 10% for God, 20% for her and you can manage 70%. Fair enough right? Though seems 20% is lil

'10% for PASTOR'.….not God..
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by farady(m): 8:13am On Aug 24, 2018
kenlinzo:

Nice reply bro.....

I can't agree with you more brother. It becomes better when the man discloses how much he earns. This is so that she understand with her man whenever he gives her something as upkeep (for herself) after all other running expenses for the home.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Sop18: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2018
Don't conclude yet your husband can still earn more![quote author=victorian post=70522789

No, at all! Am not like that.
Am a free minded and positive minded person. I feel we all have our own destinies and life on earth to pass through and fulfil. Have accepted my destiny, it wasn't pleasant inbetween and I can't change it. That's how God want our different lives to be.

We are simply pencils in the hand of God, no matter how hard we try to have what we want or desire at certain times in our lives.

I understand. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by divinelove(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?

get involved in family upkeep, buy some things by yourself and pay as the need arises. your questions is needless, stupid and senseless as we don't even know your location, family size and monthly income
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Sop18: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Don't conclude yet your husband can still earn more![quote author=victorian post=70522789

No, at all! Am not like that.
Am a free minded and positive minded person. I feel we all have our own destinies and life on earth to pass through and fulfil. Have accepted my destiny, it wasn't pleasant inbetween and I can't change it. That's how God want our different lives to be.

We are simply pencils in the hand of God, no matter how hard we try to have what we want or desire at certain times in our lives.

I understand. [/quote][/color][color=#006600] Don't conclude yet, the situations can change for the better for you. At times, God works in mysterious ways!
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by EmmGee: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2018
This is one of the things killing this nation.

Alot of people didn't read what the guy was asking about and they are saying trash all over.
He asked how much to give her for the upkeep of the house. NOT SPENDING MONEY

dumb people everywhere

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

YOU'RE A VERY DULL HUMAN BEING.

victorian:

you can start from N60k monthly if u earn much more than 60k. That's what my friend collects monthly from her husband. And he still takes care of everything in the home and also assist both his family and hers join with all gladness

WOW.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by farady(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2018
EmmGee:
This is one of the things killing this nation.

Alot of people didn't read what the guy was asking about and they are saying trash all over.
He asked how much to give her for the upkeep of the house. NOT SPENDING MONEY

dumb people everywhere

You are correct. However the op asked a very dumb question.
1. He alone knows his home; the number of children; the type of housing; the quality of the living condition etc.
2. So he can sit down with the wife to write out what makes up the running expenses and sum up.
3. Next is look at the inflow; in this case his earnings for the month.
4. Running expenses (including feeding and energy costs) for the home shouldn't take more than 30% of his income
5. If it is more than 30%, he has to discuss with the wife to see areas to cut down.
6. he must remember he has to save for the rent, school fees and other projects.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by giftygirl1(f): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Pls oga everything depends on ur source of income or better put,d amount of money u make and d size of ur family. Hubby gives me weekly upkeep and nt monthly bt when I calculate it monthly,its up to 50k. My kids r 4 plus me and hubby and any extended family member dt decides to drop by.Now every weekend I prepare soup and stew in large quantities and put in d freezer,dt way I dnt get to cook all d time. U need eggs,yam,plantain ,crayfish and other foodstuffs plus groceries(provision). Hubby gets these provisions apart from the money he gives. So it depends on hw much u earn and d size of ur family. I work,so when Hubby complains dt he does have enough I jst complete it. Am a helpmeet so I help when necessary. Feeding a family well in Nigeria...na money kill am! So jst 4get all these ranting of Nlanders who havent experienced marriage or family life

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by zinaunreal(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Is she disabled?
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Oyindidi(f): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2018
cruchenutii:

Okay sha, 60k a month is pretty much. Also we need to consider if the money for her alone OR for the home in general, food stuffs, children snacks etc.
Her husband has to be earning close to a Million, else that Family will go poor by excessive spending.
I know some graduates that earn less than 50k a month.

On a serious note sha, you need to connect with your friends Husband to link you up with his friends, 60k a month is like a full time Salary oh cheesy cheesy cheesy
I know of a woman that collects 200k from her husband and I heard she still borrow from lapo.

Don't mind these stupid kids saying trash on this thread.

Even if you're earning a million naira as a woman, you still need the support of your husband. I made that mistake and I'm regretting it.

Op, I don't collect monthly allowance not because I don't need it but I started that way.

Young ladies in the house, don't form good wife and cry later.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by farady(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2018
giftygirl1:
Pls oga everything depends on ur source of income or better put,d amount of money u make and d size of ur family. Hubby gives me weekly upkeep and nt monthly bt when I calculate it monthly,its up to 50k. My kids r 4 plus me and hubby and any extended family member dt decides to drop by.Now every weekend I prepare soup and stew in large quantities and put in d freezer,dt way I dnt get to cook all d time. U need eggs,yam,plantain ,crayfish and other foodstuffs plus groceries(provision). Hubby gets these provisions apart from the money he gives. So it depends on hw much u earn and d size of ur family. I work,so when Hubby complains dt he does have enough I jst complete it. Am a helpmeet so I help when necessary. Feeding a family well in Nigeria...na money kill am! So jst 4get all these ranting of Nlanders who havent experienced marriage or family life

You be better wife jare.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by NoToPile: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2018
Nairalanders don't read or maybe some can't comprehend

The question was how much to give the spouse 'that can maintain a home' so we're talking about food, groceries etc etc

People are talking about pocket money like money for her monthly let's even assume it's pocket money for the wife, it's not wrong to give her some amount for her personal needs whether she's working or not.

Those that even tried to understand the question some are saying that she's working bla bla bla, so if the wife is working the husband shouldn't drop anything for house maintainace abi?

What kind of men are being bred nowadays

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

chisos

mgbeke can be great one day you know.
i was jus being sarcasticcheesy. Even the ones we refer to as mgbeke sometimes even look way better than the slayqueens we see on instagramcheesy.slayqueens na just artificial beauty dem dey carry.fake nails and paint paint everywherecheesy.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by billbonesmd(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2018
Nasri100:

Or she just killed you with a obvious fact

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by goodman3(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2018
There are so many weaklings parading themselves as men these days. Why will you be paying your wife allowance if her salary is close to yours. That's the height of financial ignorance and insecurity. Rubbish!!!
The best method is: you and your wife should have an account where 30 percent of both your incomes are deposited monthly for family upkeep like groceries, house rent, health fees, house electronics, children school fees etc. That way, you and your wife can have personal spending money and personal savings. You both have extra money for your individual upkeep, and you can exchange gifts once in a while from this personal cash. Or you don't know that Men also deserve personal upkeep too??

No wonder Nigerian men die early, you will overwork yourself without enjoying your money well, you keep enriching your wife while she does nothing with her money. When you reach 60, the man dies off due to stress while the wife stays alive and strong to eat the fruits of his labour. Madness. Las Las Na another man go chop your wife when you die. You men should better wise up and enjoy life so you live long. A woman that will respect you will respect you regardless of whether you give her your entire salary or not.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by generationz(f): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Simple and luxury do not go.

Forget luxury. Lead a simple life and you will never run out of money in life. Life is not that complicated.
They claim to be big boys and drive somewhat expensive cars but a life challenge of N5m will be catastrophic. Some people sef!

/

do you know how much mark zuxkerbergs private jet costs or his house or his other properties. mark zuckerberg bought off his neighbors houses so he can have peace. if that's not a luxury for an average man then I don't know what is. after knowing the big things mark still lives a simple life . No gold chains ,no big wedding , no wealth flaunting you hardly hear about him in the new except its about his work

bill gates has a massive yacht, lives in a luxurious house. Yet he is still very simple and gives most of him income to the poor.

so my dear its possible
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by goodman3(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2018
These Nigerian women making noise here are selfish, self-centered idiots who will not allow their husbands grow financially. Just look at the one that said a woman earning 1 million still needs financial support from her husband. Thief!! Ole!! What if the man loses his job? Will you give him exactly that percentage of your salary monthly without insulting him? I pity you men that allow these women have their evil ways just so that you will answer man of the house (mumu men).

If you think I'm saying nonsense, compare the family of the husband to that of the wife in most Nigerian marriages today, you will notice that Men hardly take care of their parents or siblings because their selfish wives have successfully shifted the man's resources to herself and just her family members. Useless African mentality.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2018
After reading comments of some men and women on the first page of this thread, i have a prayer of Thanksgiving.
"Heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a hardworking woman and for also giving me a Proud Igbo man that still treats me like a baby girl even though he knows i am making money. Thank you God for the sensible Husband you gave me that knows its his duty to provide. Thank you my Good God for giving me a husband that's wise enough to place me on monthly allowance, without having to come and ask kids on nairaland about it. Amen!
Word of advice.. Women, pls marry well. Many of these men are overgrown kids who will come on nairaland to ask what sexxx position he should use in the bedroom with you. Tueh! I am amazed by the comments of some girls here, biko wait till you are married, then come back and stand by your comment.Maybe English is getting hard or they just want nairaland fame. Either ways, it's appalling!It's a man's duty to give his wife money for the upkeep of the home!Even the Bible says a man that can't provide for his family is worse than an infidel! So you will marry a woman into your house and she will be the one feeding you right? Oshey!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2018
havilla:
how can you give a grown woman 5k every month for upkeep Am guessing you live in the village where things are soo cheap or you are very stingy.

So after I already bought her everything she will ever need in the house including recharge card & data, even the latest clothes plus cosmetics. what's the point of giving her more than 5k since am around incase of emergencies.

Am glad the girl am eyeing understands me very well, Thank God for that

Pls as a woman after I give every material thing within my power what more do you want eh?
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

shuo 5k for a woman that isn't working per month?

even as a struggling student I wasn't get that as allowance . na die be DAT hehehe

Students buy food, buy clothes, handouts & textbooks, data, transportation, factoring in the current economy you will need atleast 30k monthly.

Now assuming I provided all of that for you as your father, you will only get like 4k monthly
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by queenfav(f): 9:26am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?
Oga, anything u see here today you brought it upon yourself!As a married man, this conversation isn't open for public debate. You came on nairaland to ask how much money you should give YOUR wife, for the upkeep of YOUR home.. Wow!
Let me ask you. Do nairalanders know your salary? Do we know your monthly budget or expenses? So why do you think we can advise u on what to give your wife. Matters about your home isn't a topic for social media debate. Your bedroom is the best place to talk about these issues. Your bedroom isn't only for sleeping and making love.That's where a couple ought to rub minds and come to a joint conclusion about issues of their marriage and home. Don't give 100 level students and others who are still eating their parents free food the opportunity to have a opinion in your marital issues. Madam deserves better! Please sit her down, make a list of the estimated expenses in your home, then work out how much you can give her. My two kobo sha. All the best sir!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by VictorEkwere: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2018
tee59:
Your whole salary now and you be suffering till another month ending .Since ,she is disabled and liability that can't work to make her own money. Be wise in spending.
Which planet are u from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.