Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48534 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by PAjoel(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
Do a good calculation about the groceries expensive and add some extra for in case.. These expensive always depends on the area or state you live. But it's always better to get the major food items yourself .. Once you put money in the hand of a woman and give her freedom she will spend it lavishly am talking from experience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Offpoint: 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
pocohantas:
What's this current trend of some chicks on here, trying to act all sanctimonious and independent. Pls, step on your fùcking brakes!

Nothing wrong in a man giving his wife money for house expenses.
If she's working, they should both contribute a percentage.

If she isn't working, they have to manage whatever he is able to part with. Considering they have other goals to achieve.

Una go come online dey form Miss Independent, na una type fit chop man destiny if im lose guard.
They're nothing but bunch of hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
20% is OK. 10% for God, 20% for her and you can manage 70%. Fair enough right? Though seems 20% is lil

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by chimauk(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
victorian:

No, at all! Am not like that.
Am a free minded and positive minded person. I feel we all have our own destinies and life on earth to pass through and fulfil. Have accepted my destiny, it wasn't pleasant inbetween and I can't change it. That's how God want our different lives to be.

We are simply pencils in the hand of God, no matter how hard we try to have what we want or desire at certain times in our lives.

I understand.
seriously,I love your conversation. Both of u are so matured.at one point I expected u would get pissed.he was intelligent in asking and u brilliantly answered.good questions, good responce

6 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Sinach0191(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
it depends on the size of the family
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
kokomilala:
Must you give her money monthly. It's a relationship, not a job opportunity.
A man who cannot take care of his family is worse than an infidel. Abi your papa no dey give your mama money for housekeeping?

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by newdawn2017(f): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
My brother, @ least not less than 50% of ur income should go 2 her. Yes, she is ur other half after all. Walayi brother! I can't mislead u, it's is wise dis way.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Bluezy13(m): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Coldfeets:

It will be much more easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than you getting an honest answer from the person you are questioning.

But then again, using the usual Nairaland interpolation methodoly whereby friend equals self, I can deductively tell you that she is the same person as the friend she's talking about.

So don't ask or look any further.

Her husband gives her 60K and takes care of her whole family without complaining.

It's all good. wink

Hmmm...

Be patient enough to go through the conversation to the last.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Offpoint:

That wasn't "Unnecessarily" mention ma'am, it was really necessary.

Lol. Just negodu.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
tee59:
Your whole salary now and you be suffering till another month ending .Since ,she is disabled and liability that can't work to make her own money. Be wise in spending.
The op was referring to a wife and not girlfriend.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Vicrotica(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
Mumu, we should give you sense monthly
tee59:
Your whole salary now and you be suffering till another month ending .Since ,she is disabled and liability that can't work to make her own money. Be wise in spending.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
Jiang:

All things being equal 5k should be enough, this is for her to buy personal women things & if she is not working. But if she works just surprise her with gifts from time but no monthly allowance

But if you intend to travel alot, atleast 50k should be enough especially if you got atleast 4 kids, that's excluding school fees but includes all monthly house hold spendings. This applies wether she works or not as long as you are absent

This is surely the most realistic and sensible answer on this thread.

I see no need paying your wife monthly allowance when she also works ,giving her monthly money for upkeep should only be if she's jobless,full time housewife.

The best you can do is to purchase worthy gifts for her, when I say gifts I don't mean cheap stuffs and so.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Offpoint: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. Just negodu.
Precisely you're the only one I'm trolling on nairaland, but can't just understand why you've been extremely hash and unkind to me. that's unfair...

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

Failed attempt at sarcasm. What does she use her salary for?

All these kids creating useless threads on romance section is the reason people are quitting this section.
Hanseen does your dad give your mom for runnings of the home? Yes or No? All these chewing gum boys we have today, seems fathers didn't do their jobs well in imbibing societal values in you all. Could it be the menace of social media

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
tee59:

Is that the best way to answer a question

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??
Sociopath. Get help.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Studentvillage1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
tee59:

This Question is for relationship experts only.

https://www.studentvillage.one/questions/question/is-it-advisable-for-couples-to-use-joint-bank-account/

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Hanseen does your dad give your mom for runnings of the home? Yes or No? All these chewing gum boys we have today, seems fathers didn't do their jobs well in imbibing societal values in you all. Could it be the menace of social media

I didn't read his post carefully before commenting, scroll up and you'll see my reply to someone on this page. That's my answer to his question.

BTW, my mom wasn't a jobless housewife. It's sad that your mom was.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by jaxxy(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?

Depends on ur pocket. If ur earn like zukerberg then N100m is fair bt if not cut ur coat according to ur material. U understand? However It’s not mandatory if she works. That’s all
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
victorian:

He has already settled food and drinks at home.. Their store room is filled with yams, bag of rice, garri and the rest. It's not for food at all. Fridge is filled with all kinds of drinks. This Sallah was eat and drink til u can eat no more cheesy
It was great fun.

He Should be earning much and he's a top official in a federal government office .

My dear, I have a big link am working on with my lawyer which is 100percent concrete and legit . Also with my kind of biz and the kind of links I want is different from what the husband can link me to.
But my lawyer? That man knows people and has worked for a lot of top shots.. So am better off with him, than with my friend husband.

Anyone earning 60k as salary, should please look for other source of income.
Cause for me, am looking at other source of income o

Am not focused on just my company alone.
No disrespect but you can talk. Like wtf! You for give us your life history na

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by thatigboman: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??
it's easier said than done.
My wife was working before i met her. She works til today.
I pay all the bills. Take care of the children (all mine). And give her money every weekend to go the market. I havent seen her 1k till today. And im not complaining.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

I didn't read his post carefully before commenting, scroll up and you'll see my reply to someone on this page. That's my answer to his question.

BTW, my mom wasn't a jobless housewife. It's sad that your mom was.
No my mom isn't, was never one. Intact she always brought out money saved up from what she got from her husband to help out when he's down and needed support. Don't worry you'll understand someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by YorubaAssasin: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Na guys like dis dey give women that entitlement mentality! angry angry Guys that cannot naturally seduce, attract, woo et al...

They try to make up for it by enticing women with $$$$ grin grin

Vagabond oshi! angry angry

OP.. na thunder go fire you ooo! angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
No my mom isn't, was never one. Intact she always brought out money saved up from what she got from her husband to help out when he's down and needed support. Don't worry you'll understand someday.

Lady I believe you're intentionally misunderstanding my post or whatever.. like what pocohantas said in the 2nd page;
If they're both working, then both should contribute a percentage not only the man bringing money for upkeep.

A man should only be giving his wife money for upkeep monthly when the wife is jobless /full time housewife.
I don't know how you run your marriage or your life, don't force your ideology or opinion on me.

Good night.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nightking04(m): 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
victorian:

She buys hajias clothes, shoes and jewelleries, then save some Incase of rainy day. Cause if any of her friends is broke, she has to borrow to friends grin
She is that nice with money. She even bought a Samsung galaxy phone for her dad last week. Everybody around them is happy with them.

She and her husband are very nice. And the husband is making more money. He's not complaining at all. They are truly blessed.
Your friend needs a job.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Offpoint:

Precisely you're the only one I'm trolling on nairaland, but can't just understand why you've been extremely hash and unkind to me. that's unfair...

Harsh and unkind? That's me. Bitter female.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by thatigboman: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
cruchenutii:

Okay sha, 60k a month is pretty much. Also we need to consider if the money for her alone OR for the home in general, food stuffs, children snacks etc.
Her husband has to be earning close to a Million, else that Family will go poor by excessive spending.
I know some graduates that earn less than 50k a month.

On a serious note sha, you need to connect with your friends Husband to link you up with his friends, 60k a month is like a full time Salary oh cheesy cheesy cheesy
i give my wife more than that. Worst thing, shes working sef. Has never brought out kobo since i knew her.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by PDPGuy: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
It’s better for a husband and wife to set up a joint account where they would deposit a certain percentage of their income.
By doing so, there is less drama of how much a man should give to his wife monthly.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hanseel1:

Lady I believe you're intentionally misunderstanding my post or whatever.. like what pocohantas said in the 2nd page.

If they're both working, then both should contribute a percentage not only the man bringing money for upkeep.

I don't know how you run your marriage or your life, don't force yourself ideology or opinion on me.

Good night.
Whatever. The op asked a simple question and you here waiting for a lady's contribution. Continue waiting.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by akiOYIBO: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
victorian:

God bless you! Thank God for seeing it, the way it is.

I knew the person behind the moniker is a guy who been heartbroken by his gf or wife. So he bashes women with his moniker. He's a danger to himself and society.

Anyways inbetween op, you can start from N60k monthly if u earn much more than 60k. That's what my friend collects monthly from her husband. And he still takes care of everything in the home and also assist both his family and hers join with all gladness and God keeps blessing him more.
So It depend on your salary.
So she has neva gone out to...gone out to...I mean gone to collect John Thomas?
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by havilla(f): 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
Jiang:

All things being equal 5k should be enough, this is for her to buy personal women things & if she is not working. But if she works just surprise her with gifts from time but no monthly allowance

But if you intend to travel alot, atleast 50k should be enough especially if you got atleast 4 kids, that's excluding school fees but includes all Imonthly house hold spendings. This applies wether she works or not as long as you are absent
how can you give a grown woman 5k every month for upkeep Am guessing you live in the village where things are soo cheap or you are very stingy.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by budusky05(m): 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
tee59:

Only 1out of every 50 will reason like you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.