Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48539 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?

I believe it's not a matter of the amount, it's just the will, most good women appreciate it when you give even if it's 1naira you gave. It's about having the heart and will to give, not the amount.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

God bless you! Thank God for seeing it, the way it is.

I knew the person behind the moniker is a guy who been heartbroken by his gf or wife. So he bashes women with his moniker. He's a danger to himself and society.

Anyways inbetween op, you can start from N60k monthly if u earn much more than 60k. That's what my friend collects monthly from her husband. And he still takes care of everything in the home and also assist both his family and hers join with all gladness and God keeps blessing him more.
So It depend on your salary.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this, let all give according to their capabilities, it's the heart to give that matters the most.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
Grupo:

Growing up, my both parents were working class. My dad is retired now while mom is still in active service.

My dad wasn't giving money to my mom for up keep per se. Why would he do that? He was already paying the school fees of 6 children who he single handedly trained to university level.

He built a house that everyone was living in. He would buy foodstuff in bulk and keep at home - bag of rice, yam, garri, and Co.

With the above all ready, my mom needed not any money. Which money does she need again when she earns salary?
Your dad go into the market to buy rice, yams and all? Anyways I was referring to money for running the house, foodstuffs included. Wasn't referring to the wife's pocket money or what not

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

Naah...i enjoy your comments better.

grin ok

Funny u.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by InvertedHammer: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

huuuh

that's what I'm saying bruh

I'm not them now doesn't mean I can't be richer tommorow and when I'm rich I'll live a luxurious simple life like them.
/

It is well. May your wish be granted.

Kudos!

/
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by HardMirror(m): 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

If I say my life history. You all will feel am lying and making up stories..

So no need.

I brought up her story cos it's way different from mine and it also shows that there are men out there, who are happily taking care of their wives ,in-laws if need be and extended family without blinking an eye.. Without coming online to scream that Nigerian women are leeches and oloshos.
Cos that's all most of u guys here are good for.. Screaming leeches, bitches and oloshos.. Lol

U people should go to the real world and see how successful men take care of their families without grumbling. And they get blessed more and more.

Awon aranguntans grin
Lol.
in all honesty, you are a talkative! I know many guys are asslicking you here and saying nice things to you, but he is very right, you talk too much. Coming online and saying so much about yourself and your friend. No need to say too much here before you think i am just bashing you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by rman: 2:02am On Aug 25, 2018
pocohantas:
It is today I confirmed NLders do not read an opening post.
Even when they do, they do not comprehend!!

Damn!!!

Tey tey.

I shudder sometimes when I read the comments on some topics. No correlation, no substance...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Hanseel1:

You're contradicting yourself.

If you should call him a boy because he doesn't want to give his wife monthly upkeep then I'll call you a kid because I can remember when I logged in sometime ago I saw a thread about a lady insulting a man who didn't give her money for cab after date, You supported the man.

If you can support a man for not footing all the bills of his date then you're a kid .

Now, responding to that line.. Who'd give the man the money required to purchase the beer you're talking about?

the thread of taxi girl was about a date (not married couple)

this thread is about married couple there is a huge difference there hence the thread says SPOUSE

so you are mixing the two

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2018
addictiv:

If you read my post well you will realise that I have already empowered her to buy any thing she wants by getting her a well paying job. I believe a woman who is married should be cared for and pampered by her husband. I believe he should buy her nice things and give her funds when he can. But it should not be on a monthly basis and she should have her own role and contribution to the home front. I grew up in a family where my dad and mum are both earning and while my mum uses her money to run the home and buy foodstuffs, clothes for kids etc. My dad took care of the capital expenses like building projects, school fees, cars, travel, during holidays he would take us shopping, as we grew older he started giving us money for upkeep esp during Christmas season and other festive periods, he will also buy bags and cans of foodstuffs some to give out and the rest for the home.. My dad has never come home to hear that there is no garri, or money for soup no de. Cos feeding and clothing (herself and her daughters ) is primarily my mum's responsibility. It doesn't mean he doesn't buy her gifts or gives her money when he wants to. They have their system and have peacefully and successfully run it for years. Bearing the whole responsibility alone as a man will only run you down and Wear you out. For all those quoting Bible saying it's a man's responsibility to provide for his house I absolutely agree but I will also remind them that most women in the Bible were primarily house wive's who didn't work and relied on the husband for everything. Now most women re working and have to play a role in the home. Lord knows I ll run mad if my wife keeps asking me for monthly money for home upkeep when she's earning. Monthly money is only for house wives.

i get you

but then your set up in how you run your finances is different, eg i got influence of west finance ideology i.e no matter the wife has a well paying job still family income both husband and wife salary is combined and family budget is worked from there. than saying wife money is for he needs etc

the reason in the west why most family combine salaries is for getting mortgage to buy a house, its easy to quickly raise deposit from two salaries than one and it is also easy to finish your mortgage quickly from two salaries than one. So in the west thats why married people are open and put their salaries together.

Most africans we are still financially illiterate, we burden ourselves buy trying to prove that you are a man aka ego by saying my salary is enough to look after the family, salary from wife is hers, instead of putting the two salaries together and achieve greater things from the combined salaries

Most africans in africa dont understand the mortgage system hence, we dont see the reason why two salaries are better if applying for mortgage etc

Back to the story, in my world whether wife as good paying job we still put our salaries together and do our family budget from that we give each other allowances, lets understand finance and a couple should know there net worth, it helps them to achieve things much easy
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2018
HardMirror:
in all honesty, you are a talkative! I know many guys are asslicking you here and saying nice things to you, but he is very right, you talk too much. Coming online and saying so much about yourself and your friend. No need to say too much here before you think i am just bashing you.

Am not talking too much. Someone like you has to learn,know and hear that other men are taking care of their wives and women. And not always women are unfortunate with all Nigerian men.

But if it's to scream all women are hoes and oloshos, it won't be hard for someone like you to be screaming online that all women are suffering, they are useless, they are leaches.. Abi?

Lemme talk too much.. It's not your hand am using to type.. It's my hand.

So deal with it!
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by HardMirror(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
victorian:

Am not talking too much. Someone like you has to learn,know and hear that other men are taking care of their wives and women. And not always women are unfortunate with all Nigerian men.

But if it's to scream all women are hoes and oloshos, it won't be hard for someone like you to be screaming online that all women are suffering, they are useless, they are leaches.. Abi?

Lemme talk too much.. It's not your hand am using to type.. It's my hand.

So deal with it!

talkative
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by victorian(f): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
HardMirror:
talkative

tongue lol.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hanseel1:

This is a question many would avoid.
Copy cat small boy... grin cheesy wink.
We give you, you can use it as you grow up.
Just so pathetic.
Wonder how mom and dad cope at home! grin cheesy
They should send you here so we can take good care of you with slaps and knocks
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by sweetlaw: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??

lol.

man, the way u reason is so messed up.

if you keep at it, u may have a heart attack before you are 50.

wow

crazy
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by sweetlaw: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
mayorhy:
. you're definitely not a female, i have gone through your posts on nairaland and all you do is bash women online. I wonder why you're on a campaign against the female gender. If you had a terrible experience with a gf or a wife doesnt make all women the same. For you to masquerade as a female online to talk evil or bash women in the pretense that you're a female and your views are feminine shows how dangerous and psychopathic you are. I pray someone sees this and get you help because you're a danger to the society

my thought exactly.

how can one person reason in such a negative way.

its not healthy jor
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Sike(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2018
No amount is too small for her.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by charlsecy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
YorubaAssasin:
Like you said, as a man, I'll provide my family's basic needs but, will NEVER NEVER give my lady or any $$$$ for frivolities.
What of money for data, airtime and hair styling to your wife?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.