Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers (36464 Views)

Gloria Okolie Is A Member Of IPOB/ESN, A Spy Girl - Police Speak On Arrest / Biafra Day: Ignore Any Sit-at-home Order, Police Urge Abians / "As A Mother, I Cannot Order Police To Shoot At Students"-Erelu Bisi Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by akelicious(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
The Police Command in Imo State has vowed to arrest anybody breaking the law in compliance with the sit-at-home ordered by the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra on Friday.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Dasuki Galadanchi, issued the warning during a joint news conference by heads of security agencies in the state on Monday in Owerri.

Galadanchi urged the residents to disregard the order and added that police would not allow such order to stand in the state.
IPOB recently announced September 14 as a remembrance day for the Biafran heroes and gave a sit-at-home order in the South-East.
The Police commissioner said security agencies would begin “a show of force” in the state on Tuesday to send a warning signal to the IPOB members.
“We are ready to stop the IPOB order; we will not tolerate it and I urged members of the public to go about their normal business.

“Police is there to ensure that maximum security is provided for members of the public,” he said.

[http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/sit-at-home-order-police-speak-vow-to.html[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by HungerBAD: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
I don't get it.

What exactly is the police complaining about this time?IPOB is down the food chain in my bottom list, but these guys are not bothering anyone.

They go for a protest,and they get arrested. Now that they want to stay at home, how is this even a bother to the Police?I do not like people oppressing others,and all I see is the oppression of the Igbo people.

The good people of Nigeria should speak against this oppression. The Police cannot go to the North,West and even the South South,and want to convert it into a modern day slavery plantation and not allow them have any kind of voice.

I support the APC, but will not support Tyranny.

The Government should stop the experimentation of slavery plantation owners on the people of the East. These guys have rights too.

294 Likes 32 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Alejoc(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
You can't arrest people for sitting at home.... It is better safe than sorry!

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Ndonu101: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Police can not enforce this threat

you cant arrest anyone for staying in their house!

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by gidgiddy: 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
The Police are begining to look very stupid over IPOB sit home order. How are they going to stop the sit at home? Are they going to enter people's houses and drag them out?

241 Likes 15 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Arda1000(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Even police get their limit, they cant possiblly carry out this threat

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Ohammadike: 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
So you will come to my house and arrest me

Ndi isi ngbaka

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by chiagozien(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ipob has no weapons but when they speaks the zoo trembles.

What will happen if they pick up arms.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Racoon(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Stupid police.Fulani killer herdsmen,BH etc have been inviting them over for a fight or call to national duty with their atrocities but they're running away.It's a harmless group they can flex muscle for

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Airforce1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Stupid threat by the Nigerian police .

Fulani herdsmen and boko haram terrorists are killing innocent citizens at will up north , go there and get them arrested .

Leave Ndigbo alone.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Clowns

So NPF will arrest me for sitting at home on September 14th??

Useless people

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by J2381: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
The police have no right to arrest or threaten anyone who obeys IPOB sit at home order. Rather, employers of labour are in the best position to deal with any of their employee who obeys this sit at home order.

It's not today the police have shown they're suffering from acute misplaced priorities.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by dafeyankee: 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
What is their crime?

The Police should respect themselves.

Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't get it.

What exactly is the police complaining about this time?IPOB is down the food chain in my bottom list, but these guys are not bothering anyone.

They go for a protest,and they get arrested. Now that they want to stay at home, how is this even a bother to the Police?I do not like people oppressing others,and all I see is the oppression of the Igbo people.
So those who want to stay at home can stay but don't disturb others who have more important things to do to remain at home.

The good people of Nigeria should speak against this oppression. The Police cannot go to the North,West and even the South South,and want to convert it into a modern day slavery plantation and not allow them have any kind of voice.

The Government should stop the experimentation of slavery plantation owner on the people of the East. These guys have rights too.
Read it up again, nobody is coming for you if you're lazily sitting in your house, what is been talked about is that.....
People are free to move as they wish and nobody has any right to disrupt their movement.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by papalsbuIl: 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
Buhari will never end well

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by HungerBAD: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Yyeske:
Read it up again, nobody is coming for you if you're lazily sitting in your house, what is been talked about is that.....
People are free to move as they wish and nobody has any right to disrupt their movement.

Read it again,and did not see where IPOB said they will disturb people from going about their business.

Maybe I missed it. Can you point it out please? The Easterners are an oppressed people,and you and I know that,even if we decide to turn our face the other way.

But we should not encourage this. This is wrong and and very oppressive.

I will not be part of it.

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2018
HungerBAD:

Read it again,and did not see where IPOB said they will disturb people from going about their business.

Maybe I missed it. Can you point it out please? The Easterners are an oppressed people,and you and I know that,even if we decide to turn our face the other way.

Cry me a river, sit at home and don't disturb others, simple.
That's the summary of the message

7 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good afternoon lalasticlala and Mynd44 how una dey?
I'm so sure you have nothing more to say, the Nigerian Police has spoken.

1 Like

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Wikinaija(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice link below jor
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Edenoscar2(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
So being inside my house is now a crime

5 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by obaataaokpaewu: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
I don't get it, they will be going house to house arresting traders for not opening their shops that day? This kind of overzealousness make dem use am go fight Boko Haram

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
HungerBAD:

Stop being naive or acting naive to whip up emotional acceptance.
Nobody is against sit at home, the real issue is intimidation of those in those regions it is being observed, by hardliners, especially if you are Igbo and you are not cooperating, some people have already started saying they will use that day to know the sabos, most people will not open their shops because of fear, most people will not send their kids to school because of fear.
Once again, anybody is free to sit at home, but how do you think police is going to effectively monitor miscreants who will use this opportunity to be a law unto themselves and others for noncompliance.

Once again stop acting Naive, and forget all this online gibberish of peaceful group.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by hardywaltz(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
Send them to jail
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by annnikky(f): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
So to sit jejely in ur houz is now a crime in this con3

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by superlightning: 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Police wouldn't try that nonsense. I call their warning a bluff.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by okomile(f): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Am in Lagos grin

Anything to stay at home in Lagos is welcome

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Edenoscar2:
So being inside my house is now a crime
I believe you didn't even read the post before commenting.
I've been through two Python dances and it's on record that nobody was attacked for sitting at home.
Stay in your house for one week but don't disturb those who decide to move around

4 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by NothingDoMe: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't get it.

The Government should stop the experimentation of slavery plantation owners on the people of the East. These guys have rights too.
I tire for you.

1 Like

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Idiots.

They are quick to "speak" and form busy when faced with harmless soft work like IPOB and sit at home order. But when the real work comes....Such as dealing with murderous Fulani herdsmen and the rest, our security agencies suddenly become silent and start talking about "we are investigating".

Nigeria is getting more irritating by the day. I'm really fed up with this shithole forced marriage of a country.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by blingxx(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
oh lord save us from Lagos traffic I cant take this no more... this rain have been torturing me since last week Thursday undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Tweets About 108 Suvs Saraki Bought Senators / ExIyiola Oyedepo Dumps PDP In Kwara Because Of Saraki, Joins APC (Photo) / Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.