Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers (36497 Views)

Gloria Okolie Is A Member Of IPOB/ESN, A Spy Girl - Police Speak On Arrest / Biafra Day: Ignore Any Sit-at-home Order, Police Urge Abians / "As A Mother, I Cannot Order Police To Shoot At Students"-Erelu Bisi Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by dafeyankee: 6:05am On Sep 11, 2018
Kahujadekadura:
When I say referendum, do you think I mean census. You just a talapoin. First class idiot.

Leave that Hausa man alone, he is not serious.

1 Like

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by MrTruetrue(m): 6:07am On Sep 11, 2018
[quote author=HungerBAD post=71083216]I don't get it.

What exactly is the police complaining about this time?IPOB is down the food chain in my bottom list, but these guys are not bothering anyone.

They go for a protest,and they get arrested. Now that they want to stay at home, how is this even a bother to the Police?I do not like people oppressing others,and all I see is the oppression of the Igbo people.

The good people of Nigeria should speak against this oppression. The Police cannot go to the North,West and even the South South,and want to convert it into a modern day slavery plantation and not allow them have any kind of voice.

I support the APC, but will not support Tyranny.

The Government should stop the experimentation of slavery plantation owners on the people of the East. These guys have rights too.

Mumu is it only igbo dat stay there? What of other tribes dat will want to do their businesses and get attack by IPOB rats
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by olajide8(m): 6:57am On Sep 11, 2018
toofit007:
that is even what we want, it will bring the agitation more closer thereby adding more feather to it. Have you noticed that Any action the government takes Is always a + for ipob?

It's a plus because most of those fueling it have the sympathy/support of the masses the uneducated and where they are educated they are simply ignorant - painful very painful
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by hermesprogidy(m): 7:06am On Sep 11, 2018
I don't get it. The police wants to arrest people for staying at home? Somebody please explain to me when sitting at home became a crime
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by odomanis: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't get it.

What exactly is the police complaining about this time?IPOB is down the food chain in my bottom list, but these guys are not bothering anyone.

They go for a protest,and they get arrested. Now that they want to stay at home, how is this even a bother to the Police?I do not like people oppressing others,and all I see is the oppression of the Igbo people.

The good people of Nigeria should speak against this oppression. The Police cannot go to the North,West and even the South South,and want to convert it into a modern day slavery plantation and not allow them have any kind of voice.

The Government should stop the experimentation of slavery plantation owners on the people of the East. These guys have rights too.

God bless you !!

2 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2018
hermesprogidy:
I don't get it. The police wants to arrest people for staying at home? Somebody please explain to me when sitting at home became a crime
Let me help you, stay at home as long as you wish (a week, a month, a year), nobody's problem but don't disturb anyone who wants to go about his lawful business.
We've never heard of law enforcement agents forcing people out of their houses during previous sit at home so that can't happen now.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by klax(m): 7:53am On Sep 11, 2018
graphiti:

@hungreepikin,
u c ya life?
this is what happens wen u chuuk ya mouth 4 Mata wey nor consyn u.

Pls speak English ok. Beside it concern me because I'm from.the region originally more so I have read the true story it wasn't IPOB idea to do sit at home it was some igbo group including IPOB that called for sit at home to protest and I quote *Nigeria should be return to independence era where equity is the rule* and not those IPOB blabla nonsense.

So it wasn't IPOB that ordered sit at home and this is what i have be waiting for to see a collective sensible group gather together to speak volume for the igbos and not all those miscreants, illiterates, no vision, power drunk, touts, failure and no common sense club called IPOB. Igbo are too intelligent to be a zombie in the hands of IPOB bro it wont work personally I hate IPOB mode of approach with passion.

Thank. Happy Tuesday
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2018
klax:

Pls speak English ok. Beside it concern me because I'm from.the region originally more so I have read the true story it wasn't IPOB idea to do sit at home it was some igbo group including IPOB that called for sit at home to protest and I quote *Nigeria should be return to independence era where equity is the rule* and not those IPOB blabla nonsense.

So it wasn't IPOB that ordered sit at home and this is what i have be waiting for to see a collective sensible group gather together to speak volume for the igbos and not all those miscreants, illiterates, no vision, power drunk, touts, failure and no common sense club called IPOB. Igbo are too intelligent to be a zombie in the hands of IPOB bro it wont work personally I hate IPOB mode of approach with passion.

Thank. Happy Tuesday
IPOB actually did order for the sit at home

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/pro-biafra-women-ipob-declares-sit-at-home-sept-14/

Other pseudo IPOB groups later supported
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by stinechykee: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't get it.

Oh your post is one of a kind and if not the best post i have ever read.God bless you for speaking the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:13am On Sep 11, 2018
stinechykee:
Oh your post is one of a kind and if not the best post i have ever read.God bless you for speaking the truth
The problem here is that most people lack comprehension of simple English.
The police is not after anyone who wants to sit at home for 24 hours, a week, a month or a year or more but only after those who might want to prevent others from going about their lawful businesses.
We've had several sit-at-homes here but when and where have you heard that the police went about arresting people in their houses because they decided not to go out?
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by obailala(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2018
Kahujadekadura:
Since over 75% do so out of coercion then let referendum speaks for them.
There is a laid down civilised process to get a referendum without disturbing piblic order; it starts with converting ipob into a political party and winning critical mass in parliament to drive home the point. That's how a referendum was gotten in civilised societies like Scotland and Catalonia (which certain ipob elements always cite as examples), and that was the reason an educated Ojukwu formed APGA.

A referendum isn't gotten by using miscreants, criminal and street urchins to go about harassing uninterested members of the public to comply with some autocratic orders as is always the case with massob and ipob.

The police has simply warned that if you do that (i.e. disrupting law and order and harassing people), you will be arrested and dealt with. I see a lot of people on this thread losing sleep over the warning of the police; do you mean to tell me that even these supposedly educated ipob members on this forum are also in support of the public disorder perpetrated by miscreants within your ranks?
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by obailala(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2018
hermesprogidy:
Read through the tjread and you will get your answer... let me help you eith the post below:

Yyeske:
The police is not after anyone who wants to sit at home for 24 hours, a week, a month or a year or more but only after those who might want to prevent others from going about their lawful businesses.
We've had several sit-at-homes here but when and where have you heard that the police went about arresting people in their houses because they decided not to go out?

1 Like

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Malawian(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:
We are in September now, abi? October, November, December. I am excited really to meet you again.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by gidgiddy: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2018
obailala:
Over 75% of the people who obey these sit at home orders dont necessarily do so out of solidarity; rather they obey the orders out of fear of being harrassed by miscreants if they go out..

By asking people to "disrgard the sit at home" order, the police is simply saying people should not be scared of going about their normal businesses. How is that statement a joke?

This is the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media narrative of why people comply with IPOB sit at home. Unfortunately, this narrative falls flat on its face when one asks a simple question. Why would a majority be scared of a minority? Why would millions of people in several states be afraid of a few unarmed "miscreants"?
How can 75% of the people be afraid of the other 25%?

It makes no sense whatsoever that millions of people can be scared of a few unarmed people.

The truth is that most of the people are standing behind IPOB

3 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by enoconcernme: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2018
[quote author=MrTruetrue post=71091043][/quote]

I thought the general consensus on NL is that they are not accommodating as such no other tribes live amongst them? grin grin
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2018
obailala:
There is a laid down civilised process to get a referendum without disturbing piblic order; it starts with converting ipob into a political party and winning critical mass in parliament to drive home the point. That's how a referendum was gotten in civilised societies like Scotland and Catalonia (which certain ipob elements always cite as examples), and that was the reason an educated Ojukwu formed APGA.

A referendum isn't gotten by using miscreants, criminal and street urchins to go about harassing uninterested members of the public to comply with some autocratic orders as is always the case with massob and ipob.

The police has simply warned that if you do that (i.e. disrupting law and order and harassing people), you will be arrested and dealt with. I see a lot of people on this thread losing sleep over the warning of the police; do you mean to tell me that even these supposedly educated ipob members on this forum are also in support of the public disorder perpetrated by miscreants within your ranks?
Their brainwashed brains can't process that because we had educated them about this times without number but no result aside insults.
Please ask them if the US, France, Russia, China, Brazil, Japan Israel and other world powers have anything close to a referendum on secession?
The fact that the UK, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain have a semblance of such was because of history and how their different nations were formed.

Please tell them that nobody should ask me for any history class here because Google is cheap and available to everybody.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by enoconcernme: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2018
obailala:

For the sake of prosperity please can you send us links of the so called miscreants harassing people in the past? At this age and time documentation is necessary.

Secondly you shouldn't blame people that were 'boiling' over the report, for one the report was not explicit in terms of why the police is putting out the warning and that in itself opens it to different interpretation by all parties.

In addition, most Nigerian have apathy towards the police and that comes into play when judging the intentions of any police officer in Nigeria.

Please don't forget the source I asked for, thanks in advance.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:32am On Sep 11, 2018
Malawian:

We are in September now, abi? October, November, December. I am excited really to meet you again.
No time for kiddie rants, look for your mates
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by enoconcernme: 8:34am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:
Their brainwashed brains can't process that because we had educated them about this times without number but no result aside insults.
Please ask them if the US, France, Russia, China, Brazil, Japan Israel and other world powers have anything close to a referendum on secession?
The fact that the UK, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain have a semblance of such was because of history and how their different nations were formed.

Please tell them that nobody should ask me for any history class here because Google is cheap and available to everybody.

I don"t know where you are based or how involved you really are in European politics I can't speak for Asia, America or South America but when it comes to France and Belgium you are off the tangent here bro.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by dafeyankee: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:
No time for kiddie rants, look for your mates

You think you know too much ?your arrogance is annoying.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yambee: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:

To be fair to you, you sound intelligent. But you are starting to look dumb jumping up and down this thread. Hungerbad is more intelligent in this thread because he wrote less.

Big up and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by hardywaltz(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2018
Lauraeze:
Ignoramous Titanious, you are simply stupid bro, I weep for you and your generation cry
Weep for own generation of foolish people
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by justtoodark: 8:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:

dont mind those loosers....the police would even be happy when nobody is on the streets....

less palaver for them....
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by SlayerForever: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2018
Benekruku:

I disagree. As a terrorist organisation, the government should be planning to eliminate them from the system called Nigeria.

Probably using intelliginge to plant a bomb in one of those massive gatherings which can be immediately attributed to maybe an electric fault or illegal storage of fuel

cc Seun,Lalasticlala,Myndd44
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2018
enoconcernme:

I don"t know where you are based or how involved you really are in European politics I can't speak for Asia, America or South America but when it comes to France and Belgium you are off the tangent here bro.
Tell me why the island of Corsica is still trying to break away from France
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2018
dafeyankee:

You think you know too much ?your arrogance is annoying.
Counter everything I've said with facts.
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2018
Yambee:

To be fair to you, you sound intelligent. But you are starting to look dumb jumping up and down this thread. Hungerbad is more intelligent in this thread because he wrote less.

Big up and God bless.
Cry me more
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by Yyeske(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by enoconcernme: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2018
Yyeske:
Tell me why the island of Corsica is still trying to break away from France

"Still trying" is different from "you can't try" I guess you know the difference; because in your post you sounded as if it is an abomination to mention that in the west.

Tell me why they have not been proscribed terrorist by the French government or why the Belgian government haven't declared the Flemish group clamoring for breaking away a terrorist or send troops to blockage them whenever they hold a rally ?

1 Like

Re: IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers by GodSaveMe18: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2018
justtoodark:

dont mind those loosers....the police would even be happy when nobody is on the streets....

less palaver for them....

It's called losers and not loosers olodo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Soludo: Anybody Supporting Me That Fights You Is On His Own / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? / Nweke Peter: Thugs Beat Man To Death At A Polling Unit In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.