Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Why Do Men Lie? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Lie? (9114 Views)

Why Do Men Lie? / Six Things Men Lie Mostly About / Why Do Men Lie To Their Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Lie? by mizkay(f): 12:46am On Jan 11, 2006
yummy:

who among you girls ever said yes to a guy that told you he's poorer than a church rate? even if you say yes won't your friends think you're crazy to have answered to such a toast? anyways i don't even bother to tell a girl what i have or what i don't have. i only tell them what i want from them and if it's how rich i am that concerns her most, she can start her investigations. the mistake guys make is bringing wealth into a simple 'shall we date'?

as for the girls, you have no boobs, you went to pad it up with some rubbish padded bra, is that not a lie to guys as well? tongue

I stand out proud to say I have dated quite a few 'churchrats'(who always have my highest respect anyday than rich men), come to think of it I have never dated what i would like to term a JACKPOT-MAN infact, at some point I was  the laughing stock of most of my inner circle who threw flighty comments like 'wetin dis girl dey do with that poor broke boy? infact wetin she see for am?' - well, those questions fetched absolutely no answer.....I had none to give, would have been a waste of time giving one anyway, and I HATE wasting my precious time......The point is, I can/and DO hold my own anyday (financially/emotionally/careerwise/academically), infront of any guy so I would take the WHO that is in a guy not the WHAT he is/stands for/can be ......so Yummy et al, quit being generalistic about women/men/lying/dating the rich and the poor......and what by the way is your definition of a poor guy? abegi, my rich man is the one who is character-rich/moral-rich/academic-rich/career-rich/richly-focuses/richly-responsible......with all those riches, what more could a girl want

2nde:

A big lie and it piss me off. Girls, i am awaiting your response

Padded bras, make-up, fake hair........call it women 'pimping' themselves up......nothing to do with 'lying' about looks. Fact of life  - everyone wants to look good and neat (wont tell you how long my bro spends infront of a mirror these days)......all for confidence, which i find perfectly normal. what's wrong in a little bit of push-up to compliment a dress style    and to tell you the truth, you men ADORE our HOT looks, infact you yearn/long/wish/pray/beg for us to look good, after all, a hot-looking woman on your arm is the envy of all your friends....what guy wouldnt like that? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by princeonx: 8:01am On Jan 11, 2006
niniowo: sorry you completely misunderstood the guy. He told you his father is a doctor, I think its your fault for not asking what type/kind of doctor his father is, all the same it still turned out that he's a doctor even though na baba alawo. Secondly, he said his mom is an international business woman! don't you think or agree that a poor lady that owns a kiosk in Moroko area is an international business woman? afterall I'm sure she sell some foreign product! soap for example. He also told you all his sibling are abroad! I think Ikeja, V/I, PH, and Abuja can pass as oversea for someone originally from Moroko. Then as for the mansion in Victoria Island, Moroko is sourounded by canal so his house might be in the middle so it can pass for an island. You said you never saw him again until you graduated, well that's the only lie I think he told you! you would've seen him again if he was truly a student other than that, I'll defend him and win the case if he hires me as his attorney in this case. infact he might even be a student without his name on file! don't you think its possible? get educated, know what you want/need to know and forget the degree or certificate!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by luridguy(m): 10:15am On Jan 11, 2006
grin cheesy cooldis guy has seen to many law films
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by spikedcylinder: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2006
thats was a funny pot prince!his maroko house that happens to be surrounded by water might be an island but it isnt [/b]victoria[b] island!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2006
@ mizkay

take it easy. you're missing the fact that it's just less than 10% girls that looks into guys future and education as part of riches. most girls can't wait for an ambitious man. they want the one that's already rich money wise. so why won't guyz lie since majority of our girls don't want to hustle. they want olounsogo not suruleere.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 10:30am On Jan 11, 2006
Hahahahahahahahaaha, sure its an Island..........
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by spikedcylinder: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2006
How many guys would actually marry an illiterate woman and hope you will convince her to go to school?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2006
@Yummy; i have to disagree with you there, not all girls are after money you know...............I personally believe that there is nothing a man can do for me that i can't do for myself, hence the reason i work hard to make the money i make.  To be honest with you, i get turned off by men that feel the need to flash their money around or in my office in order to impress me.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2006
u're still getting it wrong. maybe you're just lucky to fall in the 10% category of girls that ain't impressed by riches. but to be factual, most girls nowadays can't afford to get married and still hustle for money.

Even if you work hard to be richer than ur man, it still can't solve the problem, it would only add to it cos you won't respect him enough.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2006
But then i would not exactly go out of my way to look for a man who earn more than would I? what do they say about "Birds of the same feathers flocking together" obviously i would move and date people within my own circle wouldn't I?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2006
you got it mich!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by spikedcylinder: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2006
About a year ago,i was walking into a supermarket in my very busy neighbourhood and some guy was trying to get my attention.I thought he was lost and needed directions so i stopped to hear what he had to say cuz am very skeptical about such apprehensions.Next thing he says.....sorry to diturb you but do you live around here?I say....yes i do,any problems?And he says....you see the problem is "I just came back"and i want to spoil you a little...!Thats meeting didnt turn out very well! rolleyes rolleyes
Whats has "just coming back" got to do with anything?It just annoys me when some guys make it a conversation starter! rolleyes
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2006
hahahahahahahaha, just came back from where exactly? Jail? What an absolute nutter!!!! some guys feel that by using that " I just came back" BS, they stand a good chance of getting the girl, but half the time some of these guys have never even been out of Lagos.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2006
lol lol lol don't mind them. such guys are only looking for a girl to waste not date
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by spikedcylinder: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2006
You would be amazed at the number of girls that fall for it!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2006
yes, that was why i said it's on 10% that don't look at how rich a guy is. Only God can help us. If our country is good, no girl would mess herself up
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2006
Another thing that really irritates me about guys back home is the fact that they believe that they can just get any girl they want..............its like they have no regards for girls and just think all girls are they same.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 11:21am On Jan 11, 2006
lol lol i get what you mean! but i think a lot of guys now know they can't get any girl just like that. guys that think that way mostly patronize hoes, that's why they're kinda takin all girls the same hoes need love too grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 11:26am On Jan 11, 2006
i totally agree with you there....
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by spikedcylinder: 11:27am On Jan 11, 2006
I think if a guy approaches a girl and tells her "I just came back" and she falls for it...he would be encouraged to tell the next girl the same thing and see if she woulf fall for it too.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2006
spikedcylinder, you're right smiley
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2006
yep, you're totally right spikedcylinder.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2006
@ prince_onx a man will do whatever to defend himself just like you!!!!!! rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by ty4eva(f): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2006
Hmmmmm,
Let's be real for once! there are still some real ladies who want o hear d truth and who wud still take d guy for who he is if he says d truth.
So, please, there really aint no need to be a phony, a sham or what have u!!!
BE REAL, GUYZ, LIE NOT NO MORE!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2006
i think it's the condition of Africa, when a guy think he's too poor to impress a girl, then he turns out to be a liar. Girls, don't forget one thing, we've seen a lot of fine girls getting down with ugly men simply because of money. Infact, the girls of our age are refusing their mates simply because of a senate, doctor and so on. If we have to be realistic, a lot of girls can't afford to suffer no more. I think you'll understand better when it's time for you to get married and you bring a poor man home taking you around with okada. Your mum would start fasting and praying for you.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Yummy; hahahahahahahahahahaha, very true about the okada thing, but as i said before; don't birds of the same feathers flock together?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2006
i don't know how to relate that proverb to this topic, help me out lol pls
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2006
Okay, you said something about the girl bringing home a guy that drives okada, to start off with, where would she have met a man that drives okada? i personally think that people generally date/go out with people within their circle or don't they? Hence the proverb " Birds of the same feathers flock together".
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2006
ok, now i get ur point. well, if you think that way, it means you're only considering your type of person which determines who you roll with. but am speaking for the poor people. believe me, some girls cannever date a poor guy simply cos they're from a poor background, why should they continue in poverty when they are beautiful, that's why they prefer to stay calm till a wealthy and loving guy comes their way. u should get what i mean by now.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2006
Yeah, i understand exactly what you mean...........and you are right but hey it still does not justify the lies does it?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2006
i never said lying is a good thing, i was only sayin why guys lie which is simply inferiority complex. they feel like they can't impress you until they pretend they are capable of having you.

For example: u talked about birds of the same feathers. that means if you're rich, you roll with rich people. a guy that knows you're rich would prefer to lie to you cos he knows you won't even wait to hear anything from him until he borrows a friend's car to impress you. cheesy assuming he knows you'll wait and listen to him without a ride, he won't bother to lie.

My point is that the standard of living in Africa is the main problem
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Michellej(f): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2006
Guess you are right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Things Men Do In Private, That Women Will Never Know About / Naija Girl Flashes Her Pants On Badoo / (ladies Only) What Was The Silliest Sentence A Guy Used In Wooing You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.