Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:44 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (208239 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by beautyx2: 10:36am On May 02, 2007
The negative energy in the house is overwhelming and it definately needs to be abated. Anyway guys, i think i know wats up with them calls.
Those who have been called did well in the test but there is no documentary evidence to verify their performance i.e copies of certificates etc.
Therefore NLNG is calling them to check their emails which contains a request for them to send copies of their certificates. It is possible that the certificates were not attached at all or have been misplaced. So to those who have been called to check their emails but have found no mail, it will do you alot of good to get NLNG's HR email address from someone who has it, and just send your certificates to them.

NLNG therefore is in the process of verification of certificates of sucessful and shortlisted candidates for the interview. To those of us who have not called, let us brace ourselves as there is nothing to worry about. Our documents/certificates are intact.

Conclusively, we should start expecting our letters by God's Grace as from next week monday(exactly 6 weeks from the commencement of the 2nd test).

Fellow landers, do not despair but celebrate God and the wonderful opportunity he has given us.

I hope I have helped unravel the NLNG call mystery.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jidegirl(f): 11:14am On May 02, 2007
Thank you beautyx2.

Please can we know where you got this info from?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2007
chec www.jobvacanciesnigeria.cm for daily postings
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2007
You may not have fully solved the NLNG call mystery, but you may have tried anyway. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by budx(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2007
like kuwena pointed out in one of his earlier posts , the calls are similar to the ones made prior to dispatch of letters in the earlier stages trying to confirm one detail or the other that may have been left out by successful applicants. prime of which is local government area if i recall correctly. so if this trend is anything to go by, your letters for interviews are being dispatched as we speak. cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2007
Budx, like your name implies, you are a real buddy. I wonder if some people mistook my posts as bad belle. No way can I have bad belle for fellow Landers. I can bet my future and life that I will be called for the next stage.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:08pm On May 03, 2007
I remember that when we were on camp at Ungog, Kano, we used to sing this song:

I say to the left, jugging begins - ha ya
I say to the right jugging begins - ha ya
I say to the front, jugging begins - haya
I say to the back cover up begins - ha ya
We dey go-o - small small so say
We dey go-o - small small so say.

But though we kept on going small, small so say, we left camp finally and went on with our lives. May it be so for us in NLNG. No hard feelings, It is not by power or by might, but by the grace of God.

I love you all. Keep posting!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2007
@ kuwena

My bros, i dey feel u jare!!!!! cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ugox: 5:43pm On May 03, 2007
abeg, fellow Landers, I'd like to know if anyone has received an i.v to an aptitude test by Exxonmobil holding at UYO, Akwa Ibom, or is it only those who are to test in Lag that have been called so far? Very urgent, pls
Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 7:24pm On May 03, 2007
Hi, Kuwena. U make me remember with nostalgia my days at that same camp. It is nice to hear from a fellow kano-korfer, though it is now over. I pray we meet at the top very soon. Thanks for your contributions in the house. SAI ANJUMA, MADALA, NAGODE SOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by presjany(f): 8:07pm On May 03, 2007
I have also been called. the no. was a GSM no but later disappeared 4rm my fone.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2007
My brother! Good to hear from a fellow Kano kopa. How is the sun treating you, now? Where were you posted to? Yaya dai; yaya aiki? Hope all is well-o! It remains three months to passing out. I hear it is slated for the third of August. I hope to see you someday. God bless our hot Kano. grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2007
And because I love fellow Landers so much, I am sending this inspirational card to all of them, especially NLNG Hopefuls. Read. And believe. E go beta!

http://www52.123greetings.com/card/05/04/05/19/CF40504051948551.html

You all have colourful futures!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:32pm On May 04, 2007
Seniorak, going through your psoting on Re: NLNG Call, I cannot help but see how wonderful you have contributed. I copy-pasted it here:

Here is my own opinion on the question; hence, I need to raise some basic questions to clear obvious clouds.

1. Does NLNG operate local (domestic or consumer) market or international/corporate markets. I am aware that presently, NLNG source for corporate customers abroad. Recently, Brazil owned 'petrobras' signed a deal with NLNG to buy LPG/LNG from Nigeria.

2. Do we have access to NLNG's account book? How has it performed profit, sales,and growth wise in the last couple of years. We may need to know these to be able to answer this question in an informed manner.

3. Are you thinking of introducing or suggesting a new or hitherto unexplored market sector to NLNG? Lets look at this scenario; if LPG is to be distributed to households as alternative to other cooking fuel sources, it portends prospects for the company in many ways namely. (I) Environmental friendliness and saving environmental cost due to the cleaner nature of LPG as an household fuel. (II) Population of Nigeria can support any market in as much as the product is of great need and benefit. Give the telecoms example to illustrate this point. And numerous other reasons

4. Do you want to consolidate on the existing target market of NLNG? Why? How? You need to know that the infrastructure used by NLNG are capital intensive. The longterm goal of the company is optimise the excess and hitherto wasted deposits of natural gas in Nigeria for both econonmic and environmental advantages.

We need to research into this company more for good responses to this likely question. Please also note that the thinking in the corporate world today is not about right or wrong answers but rather how the idea is communicated, to achieve optimal attention of the listeners.

Thank you, while we expect more tasking posers like this. It is a good job, you guys are doing here.

You see, seniorak, we need your head - both in Kano, and in NLNG. Way to go, man - by the way, what did you read in school?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2007
I have also have a poser of my own. If you were to be called for an interpersonal interview as an engineer for NLNG, and you were asked, why NLNG, why not say, Chevron or Shell or Mobil - what would you say?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2007
Meanwhile, this post by cjlooks simply breaks my heart:

Personally i'll suggest if anyone has got any other thing to keep him/her busy the person should move on. The delay by NLNG is actually much that one has lost the whole excitement of the job search.

Well i believe whatever will be will definitely be.che sera sera

NLNG take all the time you want, okay!!!

That is why He is God, He knows what is best for His people.

Let us not be despondent. Try to recall how glorious your test was. I recall mine very vividly. It held at International Conference Center Abuja. Prior to the test, I had met this guy online, and he had revealed to me that he would be writing the test as well, so when I got there, I first sought him out and founf him; it was so happy, and we talked (I was in batch B). After a while, those in batch A started coming out of the hall, and we were asked to go in; when we did, we saw that the whole place was set with stationery and all - sorry, I forgot to tell you: there was a registration to be done outside and all what not; but eventually we sat down to take the test. Jude, one of the HR guys said we were welcome to the test. Then he told us of their HSE policy and all what not; then the tests started; the first one was Verbal; it was 48 questions in 25 minutes; waow - such short time! How many people finished? Then they brought Personnel Battery - 7 minutes - can you beat that! Well, I did not finish anyway; then they brought Math; such short time. And by now I knew I needed prayer. So I called my younger brother, andrenalinrush@yahoo.com and told him to start saying rosary prayers for me, and then we took the last one: 10 minutes for fifty questions - na wa-o! Anyhow, the test still came to and end, and five weeks later, here am I doing this.

Fellow Landers, let us keep hope alive. And now for the bomb! This is an advertisement:

KUWENA CALLING! KUWENA CALLING!! KUWENA CALLING!!!

ALL NLNG HOPEFULS ON NAIRALAND SHOULD SEND THEIR NLNG EXPERIENCE (THE STORY OF THEIR TEST OR TESTS) AND SAY WHY YOU SHOULD GET THE JOB, OUT OF SO MANY OTHER NIGERIANS. tHE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE STORY IS MAY 31, 2007. tHOSE WHO WRITE SHOULD INCLUDE THEIR PHONE NUMBERS. tHE WINNER WILL GET A N400 (FOUR HUNDRED NAIRA) RECHARGE CARD FOR WHICHEVER SERVICE HE OR SHE USES. AND PRAYERS TOO, THAT SUCH A PERSON WILL INDEED GET THE JOB.

hOW TO BE SURE I WILL INDEED SEND THE RECHARGE CARD? bECAUSE I WANT TO BE REMEMBERED FOR DOING SOMETHING GOOD. MY INTEGRITY IS AT STAKE. SO START POSTING. smiley

EARLIER POSTS WILL RECEIVE GREATER ATTENTION. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by blueiyke(m): 3:23pm On May 04, 2007
Kuwena, at the rate you are going, are you sure Nairaland is not your place of primary assignment? It's as though you don't have anything else to occupy you other than making a song out of this NLNG stuff and dancing to it.

Pally, don't put all your hope on NLNG oo, otherwise you would just die if they don't call you finally. Believe me, I've been there.

Anyways, all the best to you and all the other NLNG hopefuls.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2007
Hi Kuwena, to your question on my course of study, the answer is URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING. As for Kano, forget it, am back in Lagos. However, if its NLNG, then am game. I wish you and the rest of nairalanders the best.

My response to your poser would be as follow, however note that I am not an Engineer by profession. Hence; I will like to work for NLNG rather than mobil, chevron, or shell first, because it offers a larger platform than any or all of these others. why? the structure of NLNG is +/- 45% shell, elf, and total. This means that NLNG gives you an insight into and a leverage over any of the aforementioned outfits. Two, as a patrotic Nigerian, my country comes first. working for any of these others in the same capacity as is required by NLNG is 'tantamount to a low level of patrotism' (personal though). Three, with the longterm vision of NLNG, mobil, chevron etc may still come onboard owing to the fact that 'gas economy' is the next level in Nigeria's quest for a sustainable development.

2 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:01pm On May 05, 2007
Seniorak, I thank you for your insightful contribution. But what about the trappings? What is the pay packet for NLNG? Does it equate or beat those of Shell, Chevron and Mobil? What are the conditions of service - how much do you know about them, really? And why is no one sharing his story? angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2007
Hi Kuwena, as I mentioned previously, am also still in the search for a job and NLNG happens to be one that would over-satisfy such dream. In response to your poser, the pay packet for NLNG about a year ago was #3.5m per annum for entry level amounting to 290k plus (i hope my maths is right?). However, a friend recently confirmed that the pay is higher now to about #4m or so per annum. I am aslo aware that a friend who just joined Chevron (not at entry level though) with a local oil and gas related experience for a minimum of 2years was offered 850k per month. I am also aware that NLNG contracts the health care related services of their staff to the best hospitals in the country specifically; 'First Consultant Medical Centre, Ikoyi, St. Nicholas Hospital amongst others. Even if Chevron pays more than NLNG at the entry level, the patrotic angle could help as a response while I expect to gain more from the house on a better answer.

The training for new intakes at NLNG is done in the US, UK or Germany though other players in the industry have similar packages. Finally, I am of the opinion that responses from other esteemed nairalanders would go a long way in equipping any of us that finally make it to 'ELDORADO'.

Have a nice weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by lionidis: 3:17pm On May 06, 2007
This is most certainly against my better judgement, but it just had to be said, a few of you nairalanders are a bunch of cynical and desperate people, I mean, if i were to employ people, i would ask if they use nairaland, and if yes i will immediately start pressing their buttons, at this rate some of these people are bound to crack open, come on, how many of you want this job for any other reason than the fat pay cheque. this quite frankly breaks my heart. THIS IS THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY, at the risk of over reacting, this still had to be said.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2007
@ lionidis, am sorry to say this but, you strike me as someone who is unrealistic and hasty with your statement; 'a bunch of cynical and desperate people'. This is a forum were cultured people are meant to rub minds hence, my condemnation of your tone.

However, apart from your passion, enthusiam and all what nots for a particular job, the pay does matter too. Infact, what would you say of those already employed but still applied for this job? As regards whether or not a prospective employer knows about this forum and therefore may inquire about its usage from an interviewee, is saying the obvious. The Gfair posting on this same forum to clear some doubts is enough evidence. You talk about the future of this country, is there any legal, moral or religious inhibitions to earning as fat as possible? Would you rather earn less if there is a genuine avenue to earn more within the limits of the law? I think you need some re-assesments yourself, if you want to go far in this small world!

All nairalanders, please do not mistake my response for over-reaction (as contained in the words of my friend @ lionidis) but as a necessary answer to an over-righteous view. There were instances during interviews when employers have asked what would a prospective employee be willing to accept as pay, if we do not share what we know on this forum about such issues, may be some would bargain more or less as the situation may be.

I will conclude that @lionidis is one of those we experienced back in our various colleges who hid information from their colleagues thinking it gives them an adge above others. I stand to be corrected or better still HE or SHE proves me wrong by giving us contrary reasons not to conclude thus far.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 11:50am On May 07, 2007
seniorak47 thank you very much. It is people like lionidis that cause the problems  we face in Nigeria- self righteous praise singers who outwardly behave like saints but otherwise inside. lionidis had better change his attitude as it is obvious that he belongs to the group who pretend in order to gain favour from others even if it affects his dear friends," wolves in sheeps clothing". It is my hope lionidis takes on a voluntary job so that he doesnt get paid or is paid a token afterall he is serving his country Nigeria.

I am not trying to be unpatriotic here, but simply realistic. A fat salary option should be jump at provided you are satisfied with the job conditions and it does not go contrary to the rule of law. this  does not make you an evil person or unpatriotic, rather it gives you better job satisfaction makes you think less "monetary evil" if you are that kind of person. If a company picks someone  because he has better qualities  than I do, why shouldnt I, if given the opportunity pick a company because it offers me better satisfaction (be it in terms of money, job satisfaction or whatever)  - my friend reason.

From lionidis attitude, you can tell that he is someone who lacks objectivity is judgement. So you would pass us  through hell just because we are Nairalanders and are simply experssing our views. Come on, that is childish and probably the reason why i hope you don't get into the HR department of any company (don't miss understand me, I mean you can get higher positions but  not this one) You may fail people because you just don't like their face, identity, ethnic or religious affiliations and not based on objective analysis.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by muyismart(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2007
People, pls leave LIONIDIS alone, everybody is free 2 express himself.
It is 6weeks, Why don't we just let him be, pick up the phone and call NLNG.
Wishing everybody d best! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2007
Fellow N'landers

Did anyone call nlng today?
I tried but i never got through, undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2007
Hi Affy, I did call NLNG today. This is what happened: As soon as the line went through, it rang a brief while, and then:

VOICE PROMPT: Welcome to Nigeria LNG Limited; if you know the extension of the person you are trying to reach, dial it now.

I did not wait for anything else, and I quickly dialled 4199 (as this was the first extension that came to mind); the person at the other end picked it up.

PERSON (a female voice, I guess): Good morning, how may I help you?

ME: Good morning. Please, I would like to find out when the results for the test we wrote in March will be out; I mean the
second Graduate Trainee test.

PERSON: Oh, please call 4155. Thank you.

ME: Thank you. (I quickly cut and dialled NLNG again).

VOICE PROMPT: Welcome to Nigeria LNG Limited; if you know the extension of the person you are trying to reach, dial it now.

I dialled 4155 as I was asked to. Another voice prompt answered.

SECOND VOICE PROMPT: One moment please,

After a while:

SECOND VOICE PROMPT: Sorry, the extension 4 - 1 - 5 - 5 does not receive messages at this hour.

I was rattled, but I recalled another extension we were given from our test cetre; it was 4214; so I dialled NLNG again, and got the same voice prompt:

VOICE PROMPT: Welcome to Nigeria LNG Limited; if you know the extension of the person you are trying to reach, dial it now,

I quickly dialled 4214. It rang, grrrim, grrrrrrrrrrim, the person at the other end picked it up;

PERSON (very likely a young man's voice): Good morning; how may I help you?

ME: Good morning. Please, I am calling to find out when the results of the second Graduate Trainee test we wrote late March will be out.

PERSON: (without much ado) Two weeks time.

I thought this strange, as someone who had called earlier told us they told him two weeks, so I asked:

ME: Two weeks from today?

PERSON: Yes. You can call then to find out.

ME: (I sigh) Thank you.

PERSON: You're welcome, (did I detect a sneer in his voice?)

Oh, well, God dey.

The End.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:40pm On May 07, 2007
@ kuwena

hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

Na wa o! sorry i had to LOL

Thanks for the info !!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2007
It's okay - don't mind me; I was just trying to be as expressive as ever. But as you wait, how are you guys keeping yourselves busy?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchchu: 7:44pm On May 08, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Which Way Nlng? by sonik: 8:46pm On May 08, 2007
hi guys jus joined ur chat,hope d test wasn`t hard? grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by sonik: 8:48pm On May 08, 2007
wish u guys d very best will talk 2moro
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:42am On May 09, 2007
Welcome, and to your question, was the test hard, I ask, wasn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply)

Ernst & Young Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2015 / Check This List, If Your Name Is Here, Then Get Ready / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.