Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies (40861 Views)

Older Ladies Are The Easiest To Get Laid Why Is It So ? / What Are Your Experiences With Older Ladies? / The Dilemma Of A Northern Guy Into Older Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Tozara(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Oh really.

Who decides what evil is? I think it is evil to mock struggling Nigerian young men as unworthy of you because they do not meet your financial standards especially when you consider all they have to grapple with in this country? Do you think it is evil?
Of course, it is evil. When did I ever say it wasn't? I emphasized that in my post, and stated explicitly that you would be justified to condemn her if she had supported that, and she didn't on that thread, since the lady on the said thread was only praying for a wealthy man, not broke-shaming the poor ones.

And the guy also stated his personal preferences. Why are we getting worked up. Did you say it harms no one? It's Ego- destroying. It alienates smart, caring, hardworking men who for some reason cannot make a lot of money. The need to meet the financial requirement of the sick society we live in is a consequence of statements like that. Money above all. Why would you want a young man to give you things your father, brothers and all the men in your family could not provide. Well, you put him under pressure and the consequence is yahoo, ritual and the vices we see in the society.
The guy wasn't stating his preferences. He was shaming older women. Isn't that detestable?

The post you referred to was not supporting broke-shaming. So, I don't know what could be ego-destroying about a young lady saying she wants a rich man, and another praying she gets it. What's wrong with that?

Isn't there a difference between "I want a working class woman" and "Men should only go for working class women. The rest are useless and worthless. They deserve no love. Just use and dump them"?

Isn't there a difference between "I love women with big boobs" and "Men shouldn't date women with small boobs. They have no value".

Isn't there a difference between saying "I prefer younger woman" and "Older women should be married only to be cheated on and treated like trash"?

The guy also has the right to decide the age bracket of the women he want to follow. He also has the right to use and dump (whatever that means) as he pleases. Who decides what is right or wrong? You?
If this is your philosophy, why do you feel offended by women who treat poor men like trash, use and dump them, lie to them and cheat?

If you declare men of a certain financial standing undeserving of your affections without recourse to feelings, men should also be able to say what they want in women. Whoever is offended should get a grip.
That's it! People should be able to decide what they want in other people of the opposite sex.

That's what the girl she was supporting did.

That is NOT what the guy she quoted was doing.

1 Like

Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Ranchhoddas: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
Tozara:
Of course, it is evil. When did I ever say it wasn't? I emphasized that in my post, and stated explicitly that you would be justified to condemn her if she had supported that, and she didn't on that thread, since the lady on the said thread was only praying for a wealthy man, not broke-shaming the poor ones.
We will find justification for anything if we choose. The human mind is an amazing tool.

The guy wasn't stating his preferences. He was shaming older women. Isn't that detestable?
Saying that you need a wealthy man for anything repulses me if you carry a feminist placard on your forehead. How do you not see the hypocrisy in this? Why should a feminist give her blessings to a woman who announces that she wants a rich husband?

The post you referred to was not supporting broke-shaming. So, I don't know what could be ego-destroying about a young lady saying she wants a rich man, and another praying she gets it. What's wrong with that?
If you don't see it there is little I can do.

Isn't there a difference between "I want a working class woman" and "Men should only go for working class women. The rest are useless and worthless. They deserve no love. Just use and dump them"?

Isn't there a difference between "I love women with big boobs" and "Men shouldn't date women with small boobs. They have no value".

Isn't there a difference between saying "I prefer younger woman" and "Older women should be married only to be cheated on and treated like trash"?
In matters of this sensitivity, there is no difference. Saying "I want a rich man" is the exact thing as "I don't want a poor man"
This is not physics.

If this is your philosophy, why do you feel offended by women who treat poor men like trash, use and dump them, lie to them and cheat?
I felt offended in the past. It does not offend me anymore. I have come to terms with the reality in my usual manner. I just have a problem with people who can't do same when their ideals align with such thought because it does not suit them at the moment.

That's it! People should be able to decide what they want in other people of the opposite sex.
Agreed

That's what the girl she was supporting did.

That is NOT what the guy she quoted was doing.
We are in the age of "if you no get money, hide your face" and "na money be fine bobo".
It's the same thing however we wish to tell ourselves otherwise.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Tozara(m): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
We will find justification for anything if we choose. The human mind is an amazing tool.
Of course. A psychopath can justify anything. That doesn't make his "justification" legitimate.

Saying that you need a wealthy man for anything repulses me if you carry a feminist placard on your forehead. How do you not see the hypocrisy in this? Why should a feminist give her blessings to a woman who announces that she want a rich husband?
Feminism is about freeing women from being caged by society. They should be able to make THEIR OWN CHOICES without any prejudice, not have "choices" IMPOSED on them. Saying that you want a wealthy man does not in anyway contradict feminism. It is not hypocritical in the slightest.

If you don't see it there is little I can do.

In matters of this sensitivity, there is no difference. Saying "I want a rich man" is the exact thing as "I don't want a poor man"
How come you still don't get it? Of course, "I want a rich man" really does MEAN the same thing as "I don't want a poor man". So what? It certainly DOESN'T mean "poor men are shit that are undeserving of any women". That's an entirely different thing. I'm only speaking for myself and saying what I desire. I want a rich man. Is that a crime?

"I want a fair woman" automatically means "I don't want a dark woman", but it doesn't translate to "no one should want a dark woman. They're terrible". How can saying "I want a fair woman" offend dark women? Surely, there are other guys out there who love dark skin? So, why would my personal preference offend them? I have not implied that they are pathetic and undesirable.

It's really simple. "I want a tall man" does not mean "short men are shįt".

If a lady says she doesn't want a broke man, let the broke man look for someone who wants him. If the rich man says he doesn't want the broke lady, surely she will find one who wants a broke lady. There is nothing wrong with wanting something.

You say you want a girl with big ass, does that mean you are mocking ladies without it?

I felt offended in the past. It does not offend me anymore. I have come to terms with the reality in my usual manner. I just have a problem with people who can't do same when their ideals align with such thought because it does not suit them at the moment.

Agreed

We are in the age of "if you no get money, hide your face" and "na money be fine bobo".
It's the same thing however we wish to tell ourselves otherwise.
I agree that our society is a depraved one that puts money above virtues and moral values, but that has no particular relevance to this discussion.

How did you conclude the values of the said lady based on her desire for a wealthy man? How does that give you enough information to conclude that her philosophy is "only money matters, fück everything else"? That would be a leap where the premise has no connection with the conclusion.

The point of the argument is this: desiring for a wealthy man does not mean a lady hates broke guys, mocks them, and has contempt for them. She just doesn't want them, and she DOESN'T have to want them.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Tozara(m): 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
haladadon:
it's better to marry a woman who's closer to menopause so that she won't be able to have children for you and watch her desperate to please you while you keep going for younger girls.
I pray you jam a smart woman who turns your trust into rag, milks you until you become dry and empty, ensuring that the bones of your emotions snap like twigs.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by haladadon: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
Tozara:
I pray you jam a smart woman who turns your trust into rag, milks you until you become dry and empty, ensuring that the bones of your emotions snap like twigs.

guy wetin I do you? forgive me.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Ranchhoddas: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
Tozara:
Of course. A psychopath can justify anything. That doesn't make his "justification" legitimate.
Who determines legitimacy? You are yet to say

Feminism is about freeing women from being caged by society. They should be able to make THEIR OWN CHOICES without any prejudice, not have "choices" IMPOSED on them. Saying that you want a wealthy man does not in anyway contradict feminism. It is not hypocritical in the slightest.
I know what feminism is. I also know what people say it is. It is not a discussion I am interested in at the moment.

How come you still don't get it? Of course, "I want a rich man" really does MEAN the same thing as "I don't want a poor man". So what? It certainly DOESN'T mean "poor men are shit that are undeserving of any women". That's an entirely different thing. I'm only speaking for myself and saying what I desire. I want a rich man. Is that a crime?
Absolutely not.

"I want a fair woman" automatically means "I don't want a dark woman", but it doesn't translate to "no one should want a dark woman. They're terrible". How can saying "I want a fair woman" offend dark women? Surely, there are other guys out there who love dark skin? So, why would my personal preference offend them? I have not implied that they are pathetic and undesirable.

It's really simple. "I want a tall man" does not mean "short men are shįt".
I get your analogies. But they do not fit.
Try this: "I want only male children." or "I don't want a female supervisor in my firm"
Does it mean female children are bad or female supervisors are incompetent.

My point: We can choose analogies that suit our position all day.

If a lady says she doesn't want a broke man, let the broke man look for someone who wants him. If the rich man says he doesn't want the broke lady, surely she will find one who wants a broke lady. There is nothing wrong with wanting something.
This is like saying, if a manager of a firm wants to promote only male staff, the females workers should folds their hands or go to a company where female workers are appreciated.

You say you want a girl with big ass, does that mean you are mocking ladies without it?
If you say you want promote only male staff. Does it mean you think less of women. The answer is Yes. That's a more suitable analogy.

I agree that our society is a depraved one that puts money above virtues and moral values, but that has no particular relevance to this discussion.
Really.

How did you conclude the values of the said lady based on her desire for a wealthy man? How does that give you enough information to conclude that her philosophy is "only money matters, fück everything else"? That would be a leap where the premise has no connection with the conclusion.
She's a Nigerian and she posted it on Twitter. That's how.
It seems like a stretch but believe me I'm certain.
I don't see how it can be otherwise.

The point of the argument is this: desiring for a wealthy man does not mean a lady hates broke guys, mocks them, and has contempt for them. She just doesn't want them, and she DOESN'T have to want them.
Refer to my analogies. Does a manager have to want to promote female staff even when what he wants is male staff?
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by skinnyinc(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2018
Stick with what rocks your boat. #MyOpinion
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2018
bacilus:
Hello everyone
Well I don't really agree with the popular saying 'Age is just a number ' when it comes to marriage. Remember, Adam was created before Eve and he even stayed lonely for a long time before God created Eve.

So, technically men are supposed to marry younger ladies if they agree on the teaching sha... Just thinking aloud

What do you think? Merry Christmas to all nairalanders

This is lazy thinking I thought you had concrete research or important variables to discuss to support this.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Ugosample(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
abbey621:

Some do but majority do not. In fact as humans get older so do their libido and energy, this is what science supports not the other way around. This link will shed more light:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/sex-and-older-americans-2223611

The initial claim that older women are more sexually active than men is bobo!

undecided

Like I said, it's an individual thing.

It increases for some, and reduces for others

The astronomical increase in sex tourism by western middle aged to older women should tell you something.

Women are just as sexual as men, it just depends
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Seandisputed(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
meobizy:
I remember once I got a multi million contract which entailed me arranging some men to perform menial duties.
The job would have enabled me turn a proper millionaire for only three months of labour.
I thought back to the story of Adam and Eve and realized how despite not having physical wealth nor wearing clothes they lived happily.
I decided to shun the opportunity to continue living a life of poverty.

Could you be more specific on the type of menial duties?

Was it just the story of Adam and Eve or there was more to the job?
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by meobizy(f): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Seandisputed:

Could you be more specific on the type of menial duties?

Was it just the story of Adam and Eve or there was more to the job?
It’s a made up story. I was only highlighting OP’s stupidity.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Seandisputed(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2018
meobizy:
It’s a made up story. I was only highlighting OP’s stupidity.
Hahaha I was actually waiting patiently for your story so as to lambaste you
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by AmazonHippolyta(f): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
Daeylar:

And I stand by it. any problem?

So he should be able to try to make an innocent woman's life miserable just because it would be best for him? So it's OK for people to make your life miserable because it is best for them?
Hmmm, Good to know.

So you see nothing wrong in what he said? No wonder.

Seems you are also praying for a menopausal lady who can't bear children to marry you, so you can cheat on her while she desperately tries to please you just to get you to stay faithful. Stressing and tormenting the poor innocent lady just for your pleasure
The wickedness of men.

And if sadism and lack of common sense had a face, it would be yours. (And the clown who made the original post)

Misogynist like you, is there any other word you guys know apart from bitter?

Common gerrarahere
Deaylar please how do you do this?
How do you shorten his post and quote him little by little in details rather than altogether.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Daeylar(f): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
For the first paragraph that will contain the monicker,
This here that looks like a message notification,
(Circled in red in the first screenshot)
press it at the last word at the end of the sentence you want to quote, it gives you this.
{[quote[/quote} (also circled in red)

Then clear the first part, this {quote}, leaving you with this last part. {/quote} (second screenshot)

AmazonHippolyta:

Deaylar please how do you do this?

That's all.

Then for the rest of the persons post, just select from the beginning of wherever you want you to break up, {third screenshot}
when it's selected then press the symbol again
{Last screenshot}

How do you shorten his post and quote him little by
And you're done
little in details rather than altogether.
wink
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by AmazonHippolyta(f): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Daeylar:
For the first paragraph that will contain the monicker,
This here that looks like a message notification,
(Circled in red in the first screenshot)
press it at the last word at the end of the sentence you want to quote, it gives you this.
{

That's all.

Then for the rest of the persons post, just select from the beginning of wherever you want you to break up, {third screenshot}
when it's selected then press the symbol again
{Last screenshot}

And you're done

wink
Thank you so much smiley
You are a darling. kiss
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Daeylar(f): 1:27am On Dec 29, 2018
AmazonHippolyta:

Thank you so much smiley
You are a darling. kiss
kiss
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 29, 2018
eyinjuege:

Don't women leave stunningly rich men, even older than them?
What happened to Dabota Lawson and her billionaire hustle? What of Caroline Danjuma and her older billionaire?
Did they both not carry their kaya and leave all the wealth for their own peace of mind? They were not thrown out, but rather left of their own accord.
If you marry a wicked man who is older than you, you will smell pepper. If you equally marry a wicked man younger than you, you will taste pepper ( vice versa marrying wicked female partners)
Just marry a good man/woman regardless of age, and even wealth. You will naturally enjoy your union.

So you have sense like this
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 29, 2018
eyinjuege:

Don't women leave stunningly rich men, even older than them?
What happened to Dabota Lawson and her billionaire hustle? What of Caroline Danjuma and her older billionaire?
Did they both not carry their kaya and leave all the wealth for their own peace of mind? They were not thrown out, but rather left of their own accord.
If you marry a wicked man who is older than you, you will smell pepper. If you equally marry a wicked man younger than you, you will taste pepper ( vice versa marrying wicked female partners)
Just marry a good man/woman regardless of age, and even wealth. You will naturally enjoy your union.
Yes, so true.
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by QueenBeeHive(f): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2019
skinnyinc:
Stick with what rocks your boat. #MyOpinion
stop spamming mails bloke
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by BareFacedLies(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2019
itzprezy:
President of France Emmanuel macron married a lady 25 years older than him

The guy is clearly dysfunctional!
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Ugosample(m): 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
BareFacedLies:

The guy is clearly dysfunctional!

nope
he is not.

If a man can marry a woman 25 years his junior without being referred to as dysfunctional

He can sure marry one 25 years his senior

nothing dey there
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by AngelicBeing: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ugosample:

nope
he is not.

If a man can marry a woman 25 years his junior without being referred to as dysfunctional

He can sure marry one 25 years his senior

nothing dey there
That is why it is good to be an Angel because as AngelicBeings we do not get married because we are Angels tongue

1 Like

Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Ugosample(m): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
That is why it is good to be an Angel because as AngelicBeings we do not get married because we are Angels tongue

nwanne you don get am
lmao

1 Like

Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by okwabayi(m): 1:30am On Feb 28, 2019
So who asked you?
Re: I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies by Sammy101111(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2022
joyfullyjoyous:
I think it is wrong for you to think it is wrong for guys to marry older ladies.

Well spoken
When marrying a older lady age arrange matters a lot if she is 10 years older NoNo
7years or 5 years or 8 years gap you can hardly know if the lady is older than her spouse
To be honest I once dated a older lady I met her through her elder brother .
She never give me any error or drama she was very patient anything I say she accepted but her elder brother which was like a bros to me never made it work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Surprises Wife With Timi Dakolo House Appearance On Their Wedding Day / Buchi Solomon To His Fiance: "You're Not The Most Beautiful Woman" / Nigerian Lady Exposes Married Man Pestering Her For Sex And Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.