Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall (56682 Views)

Woman Attacks Lady At Ikeja Mall For Trying To Snatch Her Husband From Her / Man Takes His Sex Doll On A Date To The Ikeja Mall In Lagos - Pictures / Why The Man Rejected His Girlfriend's Proposal At Ikeja Mall, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
I do not blame the woman, first impressions matter a lot. responsible adults do not leave the house looking unkempt and wearing bathroom slippers,you would be treated like you are a depressed beggar, riffraff, homeless person, mentally ill or area boy. he was treated like such

But if a white man wears slippers to the mall he will be hailed for his simplicity. I can't believe you are a grown person sometimes.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Cantonese: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
An ICT lawyer and social media influencer, has narrated what happened after he wore a bathroom slippers to Ikeja City mall in Lagos on Saturday, December 29th.

According to Martin Beck Nworah, he was left shocked after being insulted by a friend to the lady who hosted him at the mall over his unappealing appearance..

Later in the day, the lady who insulted him - reached out and apologized to him after her friend told her who he was.

Read what he shared below on Facebook. 

Yesterday evening, I honoured my friend's request to take me to the cinema. I got to ICM (Ikeja City Mall) before her so I had to wait. About 20 minutes later, she arrived with a female friend of hers. She tried introducing us to each other. "Errmmm...babe, this is Martin Beck Nworah. Beck...this is..."

Her friend couldn't wait for her to finish before she cut in; "Which village did you pick this guy from? Babe you're bigger than this na. How can you be hanging out with a guy who comes to a Mall wearing bathroom slippers."

I was shocked. My friend was shocked. We never expected that. I tried smiling but my cheeks were shaking. LOL. My friend gave her a sharp look and finished the introduction. I was already thinking about my life sef and the insult.

My friend went into Silverbird and the movie we wanted to see was sold out. The next option required an additional 1k to get 3 tickets. She didn't have extra cash and her friend didn't have.

Without asking if I had, she told her friend she had to go back to the house or wait outside. "Babe, you need go back or you can stay outside and wait for us."

Her friend couldn't understand why she would stand her down for a guy wearing bathroom slippers. "Babe, I told you to stay in the house but you insisted on coming out. You will shaa wait outside or you go home." She grumbled, muttered incoherent stuff and told my friend to see her off. I smiled ehhh.

When my friend returned, she snapped this picture. "But Beck, why would you wear a bathroom slippers and come out to ICM of all places? Son of Nebu, what is your wahala?" I laughed real hard. "I'm not regular..."She held my lips. "Nonsense boy."

Her friend later called me in the night with my friend's phone to apologise. She said my friend later explained to her who I was and everything. She was sorry for reacting the way she did.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-reveals-what-a-lady-did-to-him-after-wearing-bathroom-slippers-to-ikeja-mall.html

You even made a mistake. You should have bought a newspaper on one hand to read and a wrap of indian hemp on the other to complement your dressing. Did you plan to walk into a bathroom inside Ikeja mall?
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by deebrownneymar: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
An ICT lawyer and social media influencer, has narrated what happened after he wore a bathroom slippers to Ikeja City mall in Lagos on Saturday, December 29th.

According to Martin Beck Nworah, he was left shocked after being insulted by a friend to the lady who hosted him at the mall over his unappealing appearance..

Later in the day, the lady who insulted him - reached out and apologized to him after her friend told her who he was.

Read what he shared below on Facebook. 

Yesterday evening, I honoured my friend's request to take me to the cinema. I got to ICM (Ikeja City Mall) before her so I had to wait. About 20 minutes later, she arrived with a female friend of hers. She tried introducing us to each other. "Errmmm...babe, this is Martin Beck Nworah. Beck...this is..."

Her friend couldn't wait for her to finish before she cut in; "Which village did you pick this guy from? Babe you're bigger than this na. How can you be hanging out with a guy who comes to a Mall wearing bathroom slippers."

I was shocked. My friend was shocked. We never expected that. I tried smiling but my cheeks were shaking. LOL. My friend gave her a sharp look and finished the introduction. I was already thinking about my life sef and the insult.

My friend went into Silverbird and the movie we wanted to see was sold out. The next option required an additional 1k to get 3 tickets. She didn't have extra cash and her friend didn't have.

Without asking if I had, she told her friend she had to go back to the house or wait outside. "Babe, you need go back or you can stay outside and wait for us."

Her friend couldn't understand why she would stand her down for a guy wearing bathroom slippers. "Babe, I told you to stay in the house but you insisted on coming out. You will shaa wait outside or you go home." She grumbled, muttered incoherent stuff and told my friend to see her off. I smiled ehhh.

When my friend returned, she snapped this picture. "But Beck, why would you wear a bathroom slippers and come out to ICM of all places? Son of Nebu, what is your wahala?" I laughed real hard. "I'm not regular..."She held my lips. "Nonsense boy."

Her friend later called me in the night with my friend's phone to apologise. She said my friend later explained to her who I was and everything. She was sorry for reacting the way she did.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-reveals-what-a-lady-did-to-him-after-wearing-bathroom-slippers-to-ikeja-mall.html

Even if you're the president, wearing bathroom slippers to a date is disrespectful to your date.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
justscorchone:
I put on slippers almost all the time whenever I'm going grocery shopping at the palms or anywhere else.im not coming to impress anyone.im only here to get my shiiit and bounce,any girl that don't take me serious because of that it's her loss because I'm worth much more than I appear.most people not trying too hard are usually the people that have enough and have seen enough to not give a fvck. Reminds me of one smallie at shoprite at the palms trying to talk me into buying butter,I wasn't interested in the butter but shawty have some nice cakes and had contacts on looking like a wild one so I wanted to get to know her perhaps take her somewhere cozy to chill after work,bish was sizing me up and turned me down I just laughed and said aii.went to the counter to pay for my groceries,brought out stacks of mint 1k notes.paid 120k for everything and left without even paying no mind to her peeping me from afar.
bathroom Dunlop or pam flip-flops which one?
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
bathroom Dunlop or pam flip-flops which one?

Crocs
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by petrage(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
my brother, if its brains, I got it 99.9% infact, it is the first thing people say about me in real life. everyone"s definition of brain is different. Can you keep up?

men have not gotten past appearance, if not romanceland and Instagram wont be the way it is, neither will there be a Vaseline crew or many guys shooting their shost at slayqueens
I would concurr from your rantings here on this thread but U are lacking in attitude which is everything!!!
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:

don't get your panties in a twist, aussies have wierd customs and culture, what may fly here,wont fly there. don't use that your mentality to color your view. You end up being just as myopic. whatever made an edo boy or his parents run far far far away to Australia must be very strong. if you cant make it in your country, then you are not a truly successful person.
some people are really simple oo. I can wear sleepers to a mall oo. Everyone can't be the same oo. Babe if you are in the tech industry you will know what I am talking about.I have mingled with renowned tech engineer that rocks polo from year to year. google about the actual owners of instagrams.

3 Likes

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Youngjohnosas: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
why r u pained
last last we know how your initial gra gra will end. keep forming class on top brokeness.u are covenanted with Nigeria.u die here.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by BlackPantherCri: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
pryme:
There is nothing out of place here, the lady in question reacted naturally, and the Op simple got what's coming to him for looking weird.

Gbam

And there are many places in this world you cannot enter looking like a villager even if you got a million bucks. You should dress the way you want to be addressed. He dressed like a houseboy and got addressed as such.

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Icepresh(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
Who is this guy? He deserves the bashing, who wears slippers to a place like icm
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
sweetrace:
Are slippers not flip flops? What is wrong with wearing them to the mall? Is a mall not a place you go shopping or to relax? Is it a fancy restaurant with a dress code?After wearing shoes to work all week long, should one not relax? I believe the most important thing is they should be clean. People who are so concerned about impressing others are often those who are not impressive. When you know you don’t need to be impressive or need the validation of others, then you’re free. I wear slippers to malls all the time. I don’t drive with shoes, so I always have a pair of slippers with me. If I want to get something from the mall, I won’t start changing into a pair of shoes. No one has treated me badly because I’m in slippers. The girl in the op’s story, if she exists, has no couth.
Madam you're intelligent and wise
Bar man bring 3 plates of Fresh fish For Oga Madam

3 Likes

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by DAramis: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Leg chain cry?

No comment
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Bizibi(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
I do not blame the woman, first impressions matter a lot. responsible adults do not leave the house looking unkempt and wearing bathroom slippers,you would be treated like you are a depressed beggar, riffraff, homeless person, mentally ill or area boy. he was treated like such

ladies know that rule and always dress to impress, the same way men will approach a more beautifully dressed chick, than someone who dresses like she cares less about her apprearance. Stop being hypocritical, the guy should dress how he wants to be addressed, why couldn't he wear a nice pam or sandal. You can look casual and still look good. come to me with bathroom slippers and hair dyed green or an abnormal color which mismatches your complexion, and I will treat you like a leper with manic disorder.

if you think you should look broke to test women as if you are a primary school teacher, I have news for you, you will be like the proverbial trash that attracts flies, not the flower that attracts bees and butterflies. the true test of a man's character is when he is rich,not when he is too broke to afford character.

cc
lefulefu
uyiekpenn
jayslicky
dairykidd
yea,I think dressing average would be better when engaging with a Nigerian girl for the first time,I haven't tried it but would love to experience that.,......I love everything simple, no show offs,no bling bling.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
Admin401:

But if a white man wears slippers to the mall he will be hailed for his simplicity. I can't believe you are a grown person sometimes.
a white man will not wear Dunlop
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
a white man will not wear Dunlop

Didn't realize you knew all of them. I've seen plenty of white men in Accra mall dressed in slippers.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Reminds me of an experience I saw with my eyes years ago which made me lose my respect for women.

A guy parked an SUV outside hatlab (ice cream). Some hot chicks about 5 in number were seated around that area where the car was parked. I got to know they've been waiting there for hours hoping the owner might come around so they could make advances at him. Then the owner showed up, macho fine boy. Immediately they sighted him the girls were obviously wet already. They signalled one of the girls to go towards his direction and fake a call hoping to get his attention but the guy no send. Immediately he drove off naso quarrel start between the 5 girls. "You no sharp" ,,,, "you too waste time you no do fast na why ",,, " Chiamaka no too fine if to say na Anita go the guy for wait",,,, "chai see fine boy wey just commot see moto see my life",,,, " Toyosi I really wish that guy could Bleep me this night I don't even need his money"....

I've since learnt to realize money is the only deodorant women can smell. It is the ultimate key to opening the door of the cave between their legs.
This guy, must you call it a cave?
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Youngjohnosas:
last last we know how your initial gra gra will end. keep forming class on top brokeness.u are covenanted with Nigeria.u die here.
so sad, even nonentities can type nowadays [color=][/color] cry
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Admin401:

Didn't realize you knew all of them. I've seen plenty of white men in Accra mall dressed in slippers.
that is Accra, this is ICM. Not your bathroom
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Toseenlove: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
uyiekpenn:
if you had a penny to your worthless name and hopeless existence then I wouldn't mind but since you're broke and everything about you is useless as the letter "P" in Pneumonia then you've got absolutely no right or moral standing to dish out advice of any form. The brain cells of the average Nigerian is myopic and completely microscopic. Guess I met the Prime Minister of Australia at Maddington train station with just shorts and flip flops waiting to catch a train to Sydney. This was the most powerful man in Australia but you'll never know. But wretched paupers just like you are very quick to rant like a hyena on heat period over shitt that are irrelevant. The funniest thing about people like you is that you're the type to want to set standards that you're even too broke to maintain. Pls do us a favour and shut the Bleep up or better still face your ashawo business and stop mentioning my moniker here from now henceforth. I'm not your type. I'm way too cool for your kind. The goal is to make money and take care of our mothers cos they're the real MVPs not some not self entitled hoe like you and your kind. If you're too broke to afford pants then you've got no reason to be in a relationship. Silly shapeless amoeba.

Ahh pls people I hope u've heard from funmi after this wicked bros posted this epic. Chaiiii this is too much to handle. Eeeei some people are Just naturally wicked!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
that is Accra, this is ICM. Not your bathroom

Accra is a bathroom? Lolz. White people don't even go to Nigeria because its a dangerous shiithole, they come here. I wonder why people who live in literal shiithole are concerned about dressing grin grin
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
petrage:
I would concurr from your rantings here on this thread but U are lacking in attitude which is everything!!!
sweetie communication is 20% verbal and 80% non verbal, how can you judge my attitude with just the 20% you see on this forum?
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Admin401:

Accra is a bathroom? Lolz. White people don't even go to Nigeria because its a dangerous shiithole, they come here. I wonder why people who live in literal shiithole are concerned about dressing grin grin

but Nigeria is the ultimate destination, comparing here and there is like comparing the afro hair of a black woman and the hair of a balding guy

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
uyiekpenn:
if you had a penny to your worthless name and hopeless existence then I wouldn't mind but since you're broke and everything about you is useless as the letter "P" in Pneumonia then you've got absolutely no right or moral standing to dish out advice of any form. The brain cells of the average Nigerian is myopic and completely microscopic. Guess I met the Prime Minister of Australia at Maddington train station with just shorts and flip flops waiting to catch a train to Sydney. This was the most powerful man in Australia but you'll never know. But wretched paupers just like you are very quick to rant like a hyena on heat period over shitt that are irrelevant. The funniest thing about people like you is that you're the type to want to set standards that you're even too broke to maintain. Pls do us a favour and shut the Bleep up or better still face your ashawo business and stop mentioning my moniker here from now henceforth. I'm not your type. I'm way too cool for your kind. The goal is to make money and take care of our mothers cos they're the real MVPs not some not self entitled hoe like you and your kind. If you're too broke to afford pants then you've got no reason to be in a relationship. Silly shapeless amoeba.

Wow! Thanks for that. Have all my likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
but Nigeria is the ultimate destination, comparing here and there is like comparing the afro hair of a black woman and the hair of a balding guy

Oh shut up. Your argument is cringe.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
sweetie communication is 20% verbal and 80% non verbal, how can you judge my attitude with just the 20% you see on this forum?
what will you talk about a Chinese man I saw in the bank with only a boxer and simple polo.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
vingeophysicist:
what will you talk about a Chinese man I saw in the bank with only a boxer and simple polo.
he probably just arrived and isn't used to tge weather yet. He is still poorly dressed

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
sweetrace:
Are slippers not flip flops? What is wrong with wearing them to the mall? Is a mall not a place you go shopping or to relax? Is it a fancy restaurant with a dress code?After wearing shoes to work all week long, should one not relax? I believe the most important thing is they should be clean. People who are so concerned about impressing others are often those who are not impressive. When you know you don’t need to be impressive or need the validation of others, then you’re free. I wear slippers to malls all the time. I don’t drive with shoes, so I always have a pair of slippers with me. If I want to get something from the mall, I won’t start changing into a pair of shoes. No one has treated me badly because I’m in slippers. The girl in the op’s story, if she exists, has no couth.
exactly..a shopping mall is a place were u relax or do ur shopping. nothing wrong wirh d slippers as long as the slippers and ur toes plus the clothes u putting on are clean.its even neat appearance that lives a lasting good impression on ppl

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Toseenlove: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
I got all the love I need, I only give to the dick when the owner has proven himself worthy by making investment, until then, happy new year!

The nigga wey dey climb on top u dey try. Sorry Can't even deal at all lol. Perhaps the nigga might be applying a pillow. If u know u know.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
Toseenlove:

Ahh pls people I hope u've heard from funmi after this wicked bros posted this epic. Chaiiii this is too much to handle. Eeeei some people are Just naturally wicked!!!
he can vex all the way from Australia, his anger won't reheat the cold cup of tea in my hands
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Ajascentdelake(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
funmisticqueen:
do you know how many celebs are bipolar or schizophrenic? look at Kanye west, demi Lovato and many others. here in Nigeria, celebs will be ashamed to say they have a mental disorder but those who are learned enough to know, know.

start practicing what you preach. don't you look down on prostitutes and single moms?

Wow! I like how you think...arguments void of sentiments..

1 Like

Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
Toseenlove:

he can vex all the way from Australia, his anger won't reheat the cold cup of tea in my hands.flip-flops can be worn out especially those fancy one but what op wore is that multicolored bathroom slippers sold by abokis and used to beat children, and kill cockroaches. That one should not leave your house.
Re: Man Reveals What A Lady Did To Him After Wearing Bathroom Slippers To Ikeja Mall by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
Toseenlove:

The nigga wey dey climb on top u dey try. Sorry Can't even deal at all lol. Perhaps the nigga might be applying a pillow. If u know u know.
what is wrong with this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Are The Reasons Ladies Don't Marry On Time / Ladies, Can You Date & Go Out With This Kind Of Guy In The Public? (Graphic Pix) / Man Trying To Sleep With His Friend's Wife Caught & Stripped Unclad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.